Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2005, 14:43   #226
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
If the sales people say 22, I guess 18-20 will be the norm. Even that is fantastic FE. This engine was known for very good FE and I guess 18-20 is very much achievable. As Steeroid says, it is bye bye everyone.
Even 18-20 seems unrealistic to me with the kind of city traffic we have. 15 seems to be more realistic.
Old 16th November 2005, 15:35   #227
BANNED

Has anyone driven the damn car yet??!!

I don't trust the mags, so I'm waiting for someone from T BHP to give it a review.
Old 16th November 2005, 17:37   #228
BHPian

I have not driven the car, but I did start the Diesel one in the showroom itself .
I must say that as compared to Accent CRDi , this one is much better in terms of Noise and vibration control ..considering that the engine was cold.

Another good thing is that ABS with EBD is available as an optional feature in all the models except the 1.4 EXi. I guess the additional cost would be around 30 K.

One thing which I didnt like though was that the in-dash CD player does not play MP3 .
Old 16th November 2005, 17:40   #229
BHPian

Should be getting the car to test drive this friday. Insha Allah, We shall see then.

Also I am confused whether to pick the Zxi Petrol or the zxi Diesel???

What would be a better option to buy in bangalore with the traffic and our roads or rather the lack of it. I do about 30kms everday.
Old 16th November 2005, 17:40   #230
Senior - BHPian

C'mon guys - ONE of you can manage a good test drive and give us first hand impressions. Like Boomer here said we dont trust the automags to give us the whole picture.

Its not so difficult - you just need to pal up with your dealer. I managed a test drive of the Safari before it was launched, so this shouldnt be so difficult.

C'mon TBHP! Lets do it!

Islandman - go for the diesel!
Old 16th November 2005, 17:54   #231
BHPian

Deisel technology is maturing and there is lot of room for optimization. Its possible to get 15 kmpl in City. Fiat MultiJet Turbo Diesel capable of giving such mileage. There are much more advanced diesel engines are available in europe which are primarliy developed by Bosch & partners.
Old 16th November 2005, 19:30   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Steeroid,
i read somewhere that the 1.6 duratorq diesel give 62 mpg so i guess 70 mpg is possible from this car.
Waiting for the test drive.
Shaman Ford apparently doesn't have one display vehicle yet.
Old 16th November 2005, 20:45   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu
Even 18-20 seems unrealistic to me with the kind of city traffic we have. 15 seems to be more realistic.

duratorq diesel seems to be all set to redefine standards for competitors... specs are surprisingly good, it generates plenty of torque for such small size.... that too peaking at as low as just 2k rpm! noise and vibrations are extremely low (even if you take ACI report with a pinch of salt and going by "start" experienced by metallica). It must be a big leap ahead in terms of technology. Now considering all this with low power rating tag (in spite of being crdi) and the fact that diesels are inherently quite efficient than petrols, 20+ kmpl could be realistic... it will probably be much-much more refined for a diesel engine

Even petrol is quite refined (experienced in a fusion), but if you consider petrol and diesels independently and in relative terms within their own domains, advancements in diesel seem to be much more than the petrol counterpart... by "refined" I mean smooth and quick response to pedal, without much noise,/vibrations/harshness (love to be revved kind!).... correct me if its not so in auto terminology
Old 16th November 2005, 22:35   #234
BHPian

Seems like the Fiesta is going to kill the Honda City ZX and Optra 1.6 sales figures !..lets see after some test drive reports !..

sr
Old 16th November 2005, 22:36   #235
BHPian

Visited Metro Ford Bangalore yesterday. They have Exi and Diesel ZXi on display. The car looks good, has good build quality. Referring to specs, petrol and diesel ZXi's are similar in features. Petrol SXi gets more features like alloy wheels, in dash 6 CD changer etc. (I dont fully remember the difference in ZXi and SXi).

The ZXi I saw has tilt steering, independently controlled side reading lamps, expandable cup holders for rear passengers, in dash CD player, body colored door handles and mirrors, etc.

I did not like the A/C vents, they are projected out too much. There are no airbags, ABS/EBD is optional on all the models and wheels (14 inch) look small to the vehicle.

On road prices are:
Petrol:
--------
Exi: 6.25XXX
ZXi: 7.25XXX
SXI: 7.95XXX

Diesel:
--------
ZXi: 8.05XXX.

Have Fun

Selective!
Old 16th November 2005, 23:08   #236
Senior - BHPian

What are the specs of the 1.4 L petrol ? Should be around 80 hp, if it were to compete against the Accent GLE and Indigo GSX.
Old 16th November 2005, 23:23   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
What are the specs of the 1.4 L petrol ? Should be around 80 hp, if it were to compete against the Accent GLE and Indigo GSX.
You'll get the details elsewhere in this thread. It has already been posted.
Old 16th November 2005, 23:34   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
You'll get the details elsewhere in this thread. It has already been posted.
Oopss....

If you check out carsurvey.org , Fiestas are reliable little things. So I guess, Ford has a winner in the 1.4 Diesel in every respect.
Old 16th November 2005, 23:46   #239
BHPian

I have the complete Specs for each model available with me , but it would be a big pain to type them out in a legible format over here ....It would be good if Ford updates its website real soon ... else, if there is something specific that I can asnwer , do let me know ...

About the average ... the Sales guy was saying 18-20 in city driving ...but since I was not able to digest that figure so easily I confronted the showroom Manager himself and he said that although they have been advised to quote the 18-20 figure , the actual average should be around 14-16 in City driving conditions ... he also added that 15kmpl was a realistic figure if he were to quote 'one' figure ...

The tyres could have been better but they do not look as skinny as they did on the Baleno..
Old 16th November 2005, 23:57   #240
BHPian

Update : The ABS with EBD is available for an extra payment of 25 K and not 30 K as I had previously mentioned.

The 1.6 Exi Petrol and the 1.4 Zxi Diesel have the same features.
So that means the difference between two similar models (except the engine) is 70 K ..with the latter costing 6.99 and the former 6.29

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks