Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2005, 12:49   #286
Senior - BHPian

They said they will gimme the car after 24 nov.. if i book today.. coz i asked for ABS + EBD model.
Old 18th November 2005, 12:54   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
Hi,

Also just came to know a new feature which i messed out yesterday... which is it tells you how much your car can run on the amount of fuel left.. The sales guy told me it is DTE system.. dunno wat it stands for ... lol..

DTE is Distance To Empty ..tells you how much more the car can go before the Fuel runs out.
Old 18th November 2005, 13:01   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
You forget the Skoda TDi, which is really the poineer of direct injection technology. TDCi is not really commonrial, methinks.
Isn't direct injection an older technology, and most of the diesels today have it? I believe common-rail is a significantly improved addition, which skoda TDi doesn't have. As far as I know, common-rail pioneer is FIAT. Regarding TDCi, I am sure ford does claim it to be common-rail. Also, as of now there are many other passanger vehicles equipted with crdi engines available in india.

Quote:
TDCi had already made its debut in the Mondeo when it was originally launched with the 1.8 Duratorq motor.
So its the smallest 1.4 duratorq which will be new to the market then...

guys, kindly don't pay much attention to crdi "name" stuff.... that was not supposed to be on a serious note, just to express that it looked interesting (little funny rather) to see so many private tags floating around for the same basic thing...whats in the name? lets see what test reports have to say!
Old 18th November 2005, 13:14   #289
Senior - BHPian

Santosh I have test driven the car... And really this thing can eat accent in comfort vibrations and fe anytime.. Man even on idle the vibrations are like ignorable... do go for it if u plannign to buy accent crdi..

Last edited by abhibh : 18th November 2005 at 13:15.
Old 18th November 2005, 13:15   #290
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Isn't direct injection an older technology, and most of the diesels today have it? I believe common-rail is a significantly improved addition, which skoda TDi doesn't have. As far as I know, common-rail pioneer is FIAT. Regarding TDCi, I am sure ford does claim it to be common-rail. Also, as of now there are many other passanger vehicles equipted with crdi engines available in india.
DI diesel is a very old technology used in trucks and heavy vehicles. But it has a downside, vibration and lack of refinement. Its only now that cars are coming with DI engines.
As far as skoda is concerned, they do not use Common rail. Instead they have another system called pump dusse. Pump Dusse and CommonRail are competing technologies in diesel space. Both of them result in higher performance and better efficiency. Currently common rail is being adopted by many companies in the world, but Pump Dusse is seen only in VW flagship companies.

As for the owners bosch holds the patents for Common Rail and also the unit injector(Pump Dusse) but its VW who has shown faith in unit injector technology. Pumpe Dusse or unit injector means fuel supply to each cylinder is controlled individually as oppsed to common rail where all cylinders get a common high pressure fuel supply. This means more control and better performance, but the downside is more complexity.
Old 18th November 2005, 14:41   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
Santosh I have test driven the car... And really this thing can eat accent in comfort vibrations and fe anytime.. Man even on idle the vibrations are like ignorable... do go for it if u plannign to buy accent crdi..
I have no plans to buy any diesel at all, petrol is on my mind... Zxi to be specific
thanks for the advise, though!
Old 18th November 2005, 14:45   #292
BHPian

pump dusse ...right i was trying to figure out the name but couldnt get the hang of it ...
hey man isnt bmw using the same technology for thier 5 series
Old 18th November 2005, 16:21   #293

Hey anyone any idea when is skoda fabia getting launched.. i think that can give takkar to fiesta-dl if priced right.. what say
Old 18th November 2005, 16:22   #294
Team-BHP Support

When hell freezes over
Old 18th November 2005, 16:44   #295

i've just googled fabia n new accent-2006... according to various sites both will come by EOY-06 so fiesta has one full yr to beat the road before some good compitition..
Old 18th November 2005, 17:47   #296
Senior - BHPian

Nah i dont think there will be any competition in between.. If skoda launches its (diesel) Hatchback it will probably cost like 6.5 - 7 lacs.. and sedan will cost like 50 - 80k more....

so price range almost changes... though skoda will sell for sure....
Old 18th November 2005, 23:37   #297
BHPian

lets forget skoda fabia for now get more info on fiesta how big does it look i think still not yet come to hyderabad showrooms .Is it as big a OHC or is it of the size of petra come guys i am really sorry its not yet at hyderabad.tell us more
Old 19th November 2005, 00:13   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Isn't TDCi a turbo-ed CRDi?
Fiesta is between NHC and Ikon which is quite good.
Any news on Fusion Diesel?
Old 19th November 2005, 00:26   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY_Name_Is_Neo
Hey anyone any idea when is skoda fabia getting launched.. i think that can give takkar to fiesta-dl if priced right.. what say
Skoda wont be able to match the pricing, and the Fabia is much smaller anyway.
Old 19th November 2005, 00:38   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Y. TDCi is not really commonrial, methinks.

TDCi had already made its debut in the Mondeo when it was originally launched with the 1.8 Duratorq motor.
TDCi is Ford's Common Rail brand name. The 1.8 Duratorq in the Mondeo wasnt labelled TDCi though it was a Turbocharged Direct Injection - it was part of Ford's Puma series of engines that followed the rather antique Endura series. Great smooth engine but it had far too many issues - wasnt what you might call a reliable engine. HOpefully the TDCi will do better - at least its a Peuguot engine.

See here:

http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Co...cs_temp&c=Page

http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Co...ty_Temp&c=Page

The 1.4 TDCi is called the DV4

Wikipedia's response for a Ford Duratorq 1.4 TDCi search:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duratorq

The Duratorq DV4 (named the HDI 1.4 L by PSA, TED4 by Citroën, and Duratorq TDCI 1.4 L by Ford, and also called DLD-414) is a 1.4 L straight-4 turbo-Diesel. Output is 50 kW (67 hp) at 4500 rpm and 160 N·m (117 ft·lbf) at 2000 rpm.

The DV4 uses a Borg-Warner KP35 turbocharger but no intercooler. This is the same turbocharger as the Renault K9K Diesel. It is EURO3 compliant. It also uses Delphi Automotive's DCR1400 common-rail injection system.

Applications:

* Peugeot 206
* Citroën C3
* Ford Fiesta

Last edited by Steeroid : 19th November 2005 at 00:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks