Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2005, 12:38   #256
BHPian

The new mile cruncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu
Even 18-20 seems unrealistic to me with the kind of city traffic we have. 15 seems to be more realistic.
Looks like the 1.4 tdci motor would be the next "Mileage King". The combined mpg rating of 65.7 translates to 27.77kmpl.

Subtract 7.77kmpl to our great roads and stop&go traffic; Viola....Still 20kmpl . Boy! A winner Hands down.

On an other note check the fusion with the 1.4 tdci motor

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews...i-1003547.html

What say???
Old 17th November 2005, 12:45   #257
Max
BHPian

wow car looks wonderful on their web site. Thumbs up for ford.
Old 17th November 2005, 13:11   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallica

About the average ... the Sales guy was saying 18-20 in city driving ...but since I was not able to digest that figure so easily I confronted the showroom Manager himself and he said that although they have been advised to quote the 18-20 figure , the actual average should be around 14-16 in City driving conditions ... he also added that 15kmpl was a realistic figure if he were to quote 'one' figure ...
That makes me feel that I was too optimistic on mileage stuff! but in my opinion, a very few salesmen are as knowledgible as people usually think.... and showroom managers are more of businessmen who would be most concerned about sales figures & turnovers rather than anything else about their products

one thing to mention, I had forgotten (while commenting on diesel mileage) that its a heavy vehicle (1100+ kg) which will push mileage figures little downwards.

Sorry steeroid, its still "MAY BE" and "ON PAPER", though everyone is eager to get "REAL" stuff (which is expected to pour in anytime...), its not going to add anything on FE as such, so its too early for now

anyways, after CRDi, CRDe we have yet another name "TDCi" from ford for common rail diesels!!
Old 17th November 2005, 13:22   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman
Subtract 7.77kmpl to our great roads and stop&go traffic; Viola....Still 20kmpl . Boy! A winner Hands down.
Shouldn't we figure in another important factor here- fuel adultration/octane as well ??? but even that can be accomodated in the subtraction you mentioned, I guess
Old 17th November 2005, 13:41   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
anyways, after CRDi, CRDe we have yet another name "TDCi" from ford for common rail diesels!!
Yalla habeebie - what about DICOR ???????
Old 17th November 2005, 15:10   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Yalla habeebie - what about DICOR ???????
well... I should have said "including, but not limited to...." as they put in leagal documents!!

BTW, I have never bothered about 10 lac+ cars/suv's much, so obviously my knowledge is pretty weak... I thought DICOR is the name give to the vehicle model itself, not a jargon used to differentiate and boast the engine as such... ??
Old 17th November 2005, 15:12   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
the Mumbai figures are -
6,36 for the 1.4 EXi which is quite good. I believe the car is fully loaded?
7,16 for the 1.6 ZXi which has everything except leather, alloy wheels, CD changer but comes with a single MP3 player
7,83 for the SXi which is not worth the money. 70K extra for alloy wheels, leather and CD changer is a bit too much considering onje can buy them from outside for way less.
8,22 for the diesel ZXi which is quite good in comparision to the CRDi as the extra money will we made up with it's FE and resale and features.

ABS/EBD for 25K extra.
Me just going to go check it out.
Old 17th November 2005, 15:30   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
ABS/EBD for 25K extra.
I have never experience these modern technologies, but tend to believe that these are debatable ones... especially because I heard they can sacrifice the braking distance (increase it) in order to remain in-control! I would rather think air bags to be more desirable, since they shouldn't pose any extra threat, whether or not they do their job faithfully.... any thoughts?
Old 17th November 2005, 15:35   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Well Santosh,
airbags can actually injure a person quite badly if the person is not wearing seatbelts.
ABS/EBD are actually worth it because in case of an emergency raking, you can control the car which is alo of help during the rains.
Old 17th November 2005, 15:55   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Well Santosh,
airbags can actually injure a person quite badly if the person is not wearing seatbelts.
just curious, thats because the person hits the bag BEFORE it gets inflated, and since the inflation is ultra fast it injures... right? also heard it can soffocate (especially kids)

Quote:
ABS/EBD are actually worth it because in case of an emergency raking, you can control the car which is alo of help during the rains.
rain part is understood.
what about braking distance?
Old 17th November 2005, 19:41   #266
BHPian

Test Drive / review

Hi All,

3 days after launch and we dont have a Test drive review yet????
Old 17th November 2005, 20:20   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman
Hi All, 3 days after launch and we dont have a Test drive review yet????
i guess u'll have one this weekend..
Old 17th November 2005, 21:35   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
You forget the Skoda TDi, which is really the poineer of direct injection technology. TDCi is not really commonrial, methinks.

TDCi had already made its debut in the Mondeo when it was originally launched with the 1.8 Duratorq motor.

Last edited by Mpower : 17th November 2005 at 21:36.
Old 17th November 2005, 21:40   #269
Senior - BHPian

Pricing in Kerala (ex-showroom, Insurance and Road Tax extra):

1.4 Exi Petrol Rs.5.60 lakhs (Approx 6 lakhs OTR)

1.6 Zxi Petrol Rs.6.29 lakhs (Approx 6.7 lakhs OTR)

1.4 TDCi Diesel Rs. 6.90 lakhs (Approx. 7.5 lakhs OTR)

Pricing not available for the Sxi petrol.

I like the 1.6 Zxi pricing, which is exactly the same as what I paid for my Accent GLS three and something years ago.

I dont see why Ford should bother continuing with the Ikon, unless it is priced at less than the Esteem.
Old 17th November 2005, 21:57   #270
BHPian

Steer, Exactly my thoughts. When will Ford discontinue Ikon? They have 2 cars now in the same segment at same price points potentially competing with each other.

Do they have it in them to discontinue the Ikon, like how Honda and Toyota did with the OHC and the Qualis.

How about a test report someone? maybe i should explore other sections to see whats going on ;-)

on a different note, i seem to pop up every once in 2 weeks for a breath of fresh air, log onto team bhp, post a comment and disappear till the next round of fresh air!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks