Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 16:50   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Sales of the luxury car segment is really interesting.
1. Even after launching the new F10 5-series, BMW managed to sell just 25 units!
(read: Fortuner)
I think the deliveries of F10 have not started yet.
It has just been launched. My guess is that in the next few months till such time as the new car effect withers away, 5 series numbers are going to beat the E Class numbers hollow.
Old 7th July 2010, 17:07   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The Nano productions is on in full swing since the beginning of June. Nano is currently available off the shelf - yes you read that right, no waiting period for the Nano as of now. According to June sales figures, the Alto has hardly taken a hit from the Nano. Let's wait and watch what happens in the coming months.
Nano production in Sanad has just started and is in no way in full production swing. They are currently making about 8,000 Nanos in total per mpnth with capacity increasing every passing week. It would still take another 6-12 months to ramp to full production schedule.

Further, Nano is NOT selling off the shelf as of now. TATA is expecting deliveries of pre-booked vehicles to complete by mid-august with off the shelf sales starting sometime in late august, early september.

There still can be no comparison between Alto and Nano as of now due to short supply and booking status of the vehicles. One also has to take into account perceived class difference in common man's mind. If you compare with 800 though, Nano has truly and thoroughly cleaned up its act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun687 View Post
Can someone tell me when Tata is doing so well, reaching number 2 spot and everything, why is Fiat still suffering? Look at the sales of Indica and Indigo compared to Punto and Linea. So it can't be just the question of A.S.S is it? Or don't people know Fiat's A.S.S is handled by Tata? Or is it something else like cost of spares of Fiat (which I believe is competitive these days) or availability of spares?

Figo doing great numbers right from the launch. Even VW Polo doing better than Punto now. And I'm not even talking about the products from Hyundai and Maruti which are supposed to have a great reputation in India. What is it that Fiat did in the past that people are not accepting their wonderful products like Punto and Linea?
One can not compare Indica / Indigo with Punto / Linea in terms of sales due to clear status and segment difference between these vehicles. Additionally, not every TATA dealer is also a FIAT dealer which makes reach of these vehicles limited. TATA-FIAT are looking to expand FIAT operations to more dealers and the same will reflect in sales in near future.

I will agree that the sales of these vehicles are not great even when compared to their rivals but a lot has improved with past launches and looks to further improve.

Figo once again can not be compared to Punto with separate segments. Also, sales of vehicles are usually high in launch months, fondly called 'honeymoon period' and Figo and Polo are going through this phase. Any comparisons can only be made once sales figure steady out.

Last edited by akhilesh51 : 7th July 2010 at 17:08.
Old 7th July 2010, 17:13   #123
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Alto still ruling the roost in its segment, however Hyundai is pretty close i10+santro. though Alto is bare bones compared to both the santro and i10.
Are you adding i10 and Santro (that are in a different segment) numbers to beat Alto numbers to say Hyundai is selling more than Maruti?
Old 7th July 2010, 17:21   #124
BHPian

The sales of the Skoda Superb have gone up by almost 20 per cent in June over the May figure. In fact, Skoda has sold more Superb's than the entire segment put together --Accord, Camry, Teana, etc.
Old 7th July 2010, 17:24   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Nano production in Sanad has just started and is in no way in full production swing. They are currently making about 8,000 Nanos in total per mpnth with capacity increasing every passing week. It would still take another 6-12 months to ramp to full production schedule.

Further, Nano is NOT selling off the shelf as of now. TATA is expecting deliveries of pre-booked vehicles to complete by mid-august with off the shelf sales starting sometime in late august, early september.

There still can be no comparison between Alto and Nano as of now due to short supply and booking status of the vehicles. One also has to take into account perceived class difference in common man's mind. If you compare with 800 though, Nano has truly and thoroughly cleaned up its act.
Sanand plant is currently producing 4500 units per month . The Patnagar plant is still very much in production. Both add up to 9000 units per month. They say they have delivered 33,000 Nanos so far and plan to complete the remaining 67,000 by August/September. I cannot understand how that's possible. With production capacity 9000 and 3 months time its only 27000 units. Does this imply that there were 40,000 cancellations on the intial 1 lakh bookings ?
Old 7th July 2010, 17:27   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
After much scouting, I could finally source it.
Sorry for the delay guys!

Attachment 382747
Cool, for me the most important figure there is 1,299 Gypsy's sold in June.!!!!! That's a HUGE number (I am assuming that the army supplies do not count in here and these are civilian orders here)
Old 7th July 2010, 17:33   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Sanand plant is currently producing 4500 units per month . The Patnagar plant is still very much in production. Both add up to 9000 units per month. They say they have delivered 33,000 Nanos so far and plan to complete the remaining 67,000 by August/September. I cannot understand how that's possible. With production capacity 9000 and 3 months time its only 27000 units. Does this imply that there were 40,000 cancellations on the intial 1 lakh bookings ?
You are assuming the Sanand plant's capacity is fixed at 4500 a month. The capacity is expected to go up to 36,000 a month by Dec. So we can safely assume that Sanand alone will be producing 18,000 Nanos a month by Sep. Maybe 10K in Aug and 7K in July.

So 33K+35K=68K which is the approx backlog.

Last edited by Gilead : 7th July 2010 at 17:35.
Old 7th July 2010, 17:42   #128
BHPian

I got the May sales figures from other thread and did a quick comparison and some interesting facts:

1) In Entry level Sedan segment Only ANHC/Logan/Aveo/Indigo sales have improved rest all have declined

2) Drop in sales of Swift should be worrying (27%) and going by purely % figures Polo seems to have increased the max. Ritz has also fallen by 18% so looks like majority of these are going to Figo

3) New Wagon R didn't had any impact on sales and they declined(23%). Maruti would be wary about this

4) Looks like ANHC is gaining against SX4/Dzire's/Fiesta's/Ikon's/Linea
Attached Thumbnails
June 2010 Sales Figures-june_may_sales_comparion.jpg  

Old 7th July 2010, 17:55   #129
Senior - BHPian

I am afraid, it is not May figures with which you have compared.
Old 7th July 2010, 18:05   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I am afraid, it is not May figures with which you have compared.
Oh In that case Mods can delete it

EDIT: It April sales and not May Sales

Last edited by carfanatic007 : 7th July 2010 at 18:15.
Old 7th July 2010, 19:55   #131
BHPian

Even if it's april sales the points that has been raised with reference to drop in sales month on month is quite interesting. I was under the impression that nothing could touch maruti in india.

Does anybody have the petrol/diesel breakup for all the models?

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 7th July 2010 at 20:06.
Old 7th July 2010, 20:38   #132
BHPian

Figo is eating into both swift and vista as expected. Good to see indigo overtake Dzire. Swift and Vista are neck to neck again. Nano production still needs to ramp up. Once the diesel nano is launched, i expect Nano to overtake Alto. Let's see how this goes.
Old 7th July 2010, 23:05   #133
Senior - BHPian

All the figures seem to be impresive. Figo seems to keep the steam going on strong even post three months for launch.

Swift and Dzire sales can turn upwards if they reduce the waiting period. I can bet its loosing people to Figo and Polo mainly because of this reason, I guess they would have done that to increase Ritz sales, but thats backfiring at them now. They have to do something for the sales figures.

Tatas seems sure to go ahead and take strong seating in the second position.
Old 7th July 2010, 23:12   #134
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The Fortuner is really going strong, despite the fact that the dealers have refused bookings. I'm surprised to see that not even a single X5 was sold in the whole month, considering that the other SUVs have done quite well.
Old 8th July 2010, 08:57   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
...I'm surprised to see that not even a single X5 was sold in the whole month, considering that the other SUVs have done quite well.
I assume its got something to do with the Euro4 compliance. Maybe till last month they had stocks of the Euro3 variant manufactured before April 1st.

This could be similar to what Audi did with the 3.0TDI of Q7. They were initially pushing the 4.2 TDI since 3.0TDI was not conforming to Euro4.

Has anyone got an update if Audi's accepting booking of the 3.0TDI Q7?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks