Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:16   #151
BHPian

Thanks Doctor,

Amazing find.....probably the best so far.....
The NG Safari seems to be getting new interiors as well, please refer to the second last picture, you'll see the difference in the dash board.

Old 9th March 2010, 15:43   #152
BHPian

Thanks Doctor for the pics, we live in internal hope for the better!

Talking about being better, the expectations are high from Tata this time around on account of JLR acquisition. Hope the mandarins at TATA understand this and offer a product which is truly best-in-class.

What more do you want? JLR technology matched with decades of TATA's experience in value engineering for Indian markets.

If Toyota can make Fotuner cost efficient in Thailand why cant TATA make a quality safari in India? Though its off-road character could be questioned, CRV is a great example-the fit and finish exudes quality and if one takes out the duties for imports, the price would be fairly equivalent to the Safari in full trim-VX. (I could be wrong here)

Hope good sense prevail this time and tata comes up with a quality product-no excuses, they have the grand daddy of luxury SUV in their kitty.

Gentlemen:

Whatever happened to this thread. Come one come all, all Safari enthusiasts lets keep the revs high and populate the thread with latest pictures, scoops, news. I am super excited for the all new safari.

Cheers!
fatboyslim

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th April 2010 at 12:42.
Old 19th March 2010, 10:35   #153
BHPian

Hi,
Long time since we have had any update on the NG Safari. Any new spy pics / news are more than welcome. I am eagerly waitning for this new car to be in the market soon.

Ok, i am trying with my best efforts to get the latest news on it through a reference in TML who is a senior guy in the corpoarte communication dept of Tata Motors, lets hope for the best.
Old 19th March 2010, 17:47   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsyngh View Post
Hi,
Long time since we have had any update on the NG Safari. Any new spy pics / news are more than welcome. I am eagerly waitning for this new car to be in the market soon.

Ok, i am trying with my best efforts to get the latest news on it through a reference in TML who is a senior guy in the corpoarte communication dept of Tata Motors, lets hope for the best.
Thanks gsyngh for taking efforts to get some juicy piece of information out from TML. The first things we ought to know when is the likely launch date, is it likely to be in 2010 or 2011. Though the safari styling still looks great but an exterior makeover would not hurt. I am more concerned about the interiors-feel, fit & finish, I am sure TATA can learn from JLR and their relationship with Fiat.

If Manza is anything to go by (Still not up there, yet) we are headed in the right direction. For me VFM would mean really good stuff for 14 L that safari costs in full trim. There is no competition apart from Scorpio as all others come in as CBU or CKD so manufacturing in India definitely has an initial cost advantage which should be leveraged.

Cheers!
Old 19th March 2010, 20:44   #155
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 20th March 2010 at 12:59.
richie4u is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th March 2010, 22:02   #156
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have any info on the 3.0 4 cyl. Dicor engine that was displayed at the auto expo. Was this just meant for Commercial applications or will this power the likes of Aria/Safari??
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:45   #157
BHPian

India’s car purchase is driven by sentiment: Rajiv Dube

There was an intresting article on Carwale. com in which Rajiv Dube, president - passenger car division has clearly denied the any more expected face-lift to Safari.

India’s car purchase is driven by sentiment: Rajiv Dube CarWale News

Source- Carwale- Rajiv Dube quote

"What are the launches expected from Tata Motors?
We are planning to launch the Aria by the middle of this year and the Jaguar XJ by the first quarter of the next financial year. And as opposed to the rumours floating, there is no facelift of the Safari planned. "

Cheers!

Alok
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:07   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Does anyone have any info on the 3.0 4 cyl. Dicor engine that was displayed at the auto expo.
From the auto expo thread, it seems that initally it is for their commercial range. Given the sheer/awsome power of this engine, I am sure the current Safari chasis cannot handle this beast of an engine. However, it wouldn't surprise me if it eventually made it's way into the Aria. With this engine and AWD, Aria can be a strong contender to the 20 lakh SUV crowd like Fortuner, Endy etc assuming Tata is able to sort out it's QC gremlins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Power View Post
There was an intresting article on Carwale. com in which Rajiv Dube, president - passenger car division has clearly denied the any more expected face-lift to Safari.
Unless he threw a curve ball to keep the element of surprise I feel it is a bad move given that we have already seen vehicles being tested. Same since Safari really needs a face lift given it's years.
Old 14th April 2010, 12:35   #159
BHPian

2011 Tata Safari - Spy pic in BS Motoring

BS Motoring carries an article on this today.

Says it will be based on the Aria platform. Any idea on launch dates?

See the entire article here:

Spied! 2011 Tata Safari
Old 14th April 2010, 15:08   #160
BHPian

From the spy picture, I dont find anything much different. The profile reminds me of the current model. Probably could this be an extensive facelift rather than an all new model?

However, if it was to be based on the Aria's platform, then this would be an all new model but then why would Tata launch two models based on the same platform and sharing the same engine close to each other? Wouldnt the Safari eat away the Aria's market?
Old 14th April 2010, 15:17   #161
Senior - BHPian

Other than the squarish front (read LR type) I do not see much difference in the profile. Am I missing something?
Old 14th April 2010, 15:47   #162
BHPian

I see a new design of alloy wheels, first ever on any Tata vehicle... any news on when should it likely be seen on the roads?
Old 14th April 2010, 16:01   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
From the spy picture, I dont find anything much different. The profile reminds me of the current model. Probably could this be an extensive facelift rather than an all new model?

However, if it was to be based on the Aria's platform, then this would be an all new model but then why would Tata launch two models based on the same platform and sharing the same engine close to each other? Wouldnt the Safari eat away the Aria's market?
Platform sharing is one of the most widely used concepts in automotive industry.

If I know correctly, Innova, Corrolla and Fortuner all share the IMV platform in Toyota.

Swift, Dzire, Ritz, SX4 share the same platform.

The idea is to launch different car to reach out to different customer requirements and sensibilities while maximizing reuse. (Note to IT professionals: This is where reusability started its origins :-).
Old 14th April 2010, 16:25   #164
BHPian

it does look like the Safari. that gets me wondering if it would be all that new, considering how the Indica and vista have a resemblence which is not such a good thing for a car which is so much more improved.
Old 14th April 2010, 16:26   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This is how rumors start. The articles says "Not much is known about the new Safari, but to hazard a guess we believe that it will share the platform with the Aria crossover". The article clearly states that bsmotoring is guessing. But it gets posted on team-bhp as reported in bsmotoring.

As some of the others have pointed out this is the face lifted one based on the current safari platform with a few mods like rear wheel tucked away underneath etc. This is not the all new safari based on the Aria.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks