Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2011, 20:56   #3436
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Evaluating options between top-end C segment sedans and a used Fortuner.

What would be the price of a Toyota Fotuner, let's say 3 years old, less than 25,000 KMs on the odo?

Experts, please advise.
Old 8th September 2011, 08:54   #3437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89

My point- The local Maruti dealer is a good friend of my dad and he is willing to give a really good deal on a new car. But i will be posted outside and will take the car with me. So should i avail the good deal? Just buy the car here and immediately take it to my future place???
Take the deal, get a temp registration for 1000 bucks, get registered locally.
nitin.rai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 09:31   #3438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Evaluating options between top-end C segment sedans and a used Fortuner.

What would be the price of a Toyota Fotuner, let's say 3 years old, less than 25,000 KMs on the odo?

Experts, please advise.
Fortuner was launched in late 2009 so a 3-yr old Fortuner is ruled out. Moreover it is extremely difficult to find it in the used car market so soon.

top end C segment sedans are a different ball game altogether. Most of them will be available for <10 lacs depending on what vehicle/manufacturing year it is. A used fortuner (if you manage to find one) won't be available for anything less than 18-19 lacs, from what I've noticed.

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th September 2011 at 09:33. Reason: left out a few details
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 11:15   #3439
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Fortuner was launched in late 2009 so a 3-yr old Fortuner is ruled out. Moreover it is extremely difficult to find it in the used car market so soon.

top end C segment sedans are a different ball game altogether. Most of them will be available for <10 lacs depending on what vehicle/manufacturing year it is. A used fortuner (if you manage to find one) won't be available for anything less than 18-19 lacs, from what I've noticed.
Thanks KarthikK. Was exploring a NEW C-segment sedan or a USED Fortuner if the difference is 3-4 lakhs. Did a little bit of research on net and found out that what you are saying is right. There is hardly anything that is available under 18-19L.
<CRASH>. That was the sound of my hopes shattering
The SUV dream would remain a dream for a few more years.

Thanks again for the useful information!
Old 9th September 2011, 11:46   #3440
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks KarthikK. Was exploring a NEW C-segment sedan or a USED Fortuner if the difference is 3-4 lakhs. Did a little bit of research on net and found out that what you are saying is right. There is hardly anything that is available under 18-19L.

Now if you want that premium SUV dream to come true without paying too much, you have to scout around for used Ford Endeavours. 2007-2008 models circulate in the market for around 11-15L. But again, the endeavour is not a fortuner, so I leave that debate aside
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 11:50   #3441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did a little bit of research on net and found out that what you are saying is right. There is hardly anything that is available under 18-19L.
1. Fortuner still sells around 1k unit every month and still has a waiting period.
2. Since the launch the price has been increased considerably.

Both these factors have ensured that the prices in the Used car market are totally unjustified. Most sellers are basing these asking prices on the current OTR price which is not fair. And since the car is in demand still they are not ready to negotiate much. I think it will take another year atleast to start seeing some sweet deals for the Fortuner.

Edit: If you are serious about an SUV I totally agree with karthikk above. You should consider the Endy. To me it looks much more Busch and comes with better equipment. The second prices have made the car really VFM.

Last edited by drmohitg : 9th September 2011 at 11:53.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 17:55   #3442

Hi Guys,
This is my first post on Team BHP. So far my experience with team BHP has been really awesome and being a newbie to automotives I'm still in process of learning the lingo and terms used here.But none the less it is turning out to be a fairly enriching experience for me and I'm finding myself mesmerized in the world of four wheels.

Now the reason I'm posting my first post in this thread is that I am getting a 2006 make Swift VXI (Petrol) for 200K in Bhopal. So far it has done some 51K kms on road.
Do you guys think it is the right price to get it?
What factors should I consider while negotiating the deal?
Being a newbie I'm pretty clueless on these points. Please help me out.
Old 10th September 2011, 19:33   #3443
BHPian

Hi guys,

My friend is got a offer for a MH registered honda city for 4L. The car is 2.5 years old. No idea about the exact model and how many kms it has run. Going by the prices here it a unbelievable deal. Do these cars sell this cheap in north india? The car is in pune.
Old 10th September 2011, 20:02   #3444
mo1
BHPian

Today, I got my Indica XETA GLG(Mfg: Mar 2006, ODO:44,000KM) evaluated at couple of places. Details as below:
1. Pandit Auto(Tata/Fiat), Pune - Price quoted: 1 Lac + 10K exchange bonus for Vista(15K exchange bonus for Punto)
2. DSK Toyota,Pune. - Price quoted: 90K (I enquired about Liva)
According to me, the condition of the Car is great (except some minor blemishes on the exterior which you typically would get in a 5.5 years ownership and in Pune city traffic ) So, it is bit less but let's see. The Toyota guy also said that if I delay this to December, it will further get depreciated by ~10K.
Old 11th September 2011, 03:44   #3445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilsri View Post
Hi Guys,
This is my first post on Team BHP. So far my experience with team BHP has been really awesome and being a newbie to automotives I'm still in process of learning the lingo and terms used here.But none the less it is turning out to be a fairly enriching experience for me and I'm finding myself mesmerized in the world of four wheels.

Now the reason I'm posting my first post in this thread is that I am getting a 2006 make Swift VXI (Petrol) for 200K in Bhopal. So far it has done some 51K kms on road.
Do you guys think it is the right price to get it?
What factors should I consider while negotiating the deal?
Being a newbie I'm pretty clueless on these points. Please help me out.
I think 2L is an awesome price for 2006 Swift VXI. Since I belong to Bhopal I hope it's not used for those drag races. And if the owner has quoted 2L for this, maybe you can bring it down to 1.9L. But if not, pick it up for 2L if the condition is good. Single owner?
Old 11th September 2011, 10:30   #3446
BHPian

I am on the lookout for an automatic used budget sedan -- came across this example in Pune last week. Planning to have a look at it today :

Used 2005 Toyota Corolla H4 1.8G (D267721) for sale in Pune - CarWale

Used 2006 Honda City ZX CVT (S240221) for sale in Pune - CarWale

The price quoted for Corolla Automatic is 5.5 lacs for a Oct 2005 car with 48K on odo. its a dealer car.
The price quoted for the City ZX CVT is 4.6 lacs for Apr 2006 car with 65K on odo. This is an individual sale from the first owner

can anyone comment if this price for this mileage looks good? The corolla is mumbai registered vehicle being sold in Pune. I have residences at both places so should not be a problem for transferring registration. Comments and inputs welcome
Old 11th September 2011, 15:02   #3447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Captiva depreciates more than other SUVs from what I hear. Would not be a bad idea to check out 2-yr old Captivas, albeit a softroader.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 16:03   #3448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1 View Post
Today, I got my Indica XETA GLG(Mfg: Mar 2006, ODO:44,000KM) evaluated at couple of places. Details as below:
1. Pandit Auto(Tata/Fiat), Pune - Price quoted: 1 Lac + 10K exchange bonus for Vista(15K exchange bonus for Punto)
2. DSK Toyota,Pune. - Price quoted: 90K (I enquired about Liva)
According to me, the condition of the Car is great (except some minor blemishes on the exterior which you typically would get in a 5.5 years ownership and in Pune city traffic ) So, it is bit less but let's see. The Toyota guy also said that if I delay this to December, it will further get depreciated by ~10K.
I owned a 2006 Indica Xeta GLS. Used it only for 9K kms since I was abroad for most of the time. Sold it for 1.75 lakhs in 2009. Indica Xeta has the worst of resale values. I had inquired to as many as 10 places in Pune and that was the best quote I got.

Getting a second hand owner for xeta is very challenging. I think 1 lakh quote for your car is fine. If you dont sell fast it is bound to go down more.
athanedar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 16:34   #3449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
I am on the lookout for an automatic used budget sedan -- came across this example in Pune last week. Planning to have a look at it today :

Used 2005 Toyota Corolla H4 1.8G (D267721) for sale in Pune - CarWale

Used 2006 Honda City ZX CVT (S240221) for sale in Pune - CarWale

The price quoted for Corolla Automatic is 5.5 lacs for a Oct 2005 car with 48K on odo. its a dealer car.
The price quoted for the City ZX CVT is 4.6 lacs for Apr 2006 car with 65K on odo. This is an individual sale from the first owner
The Corolla is overpriced while the Honda leaves some room for negotiation ; between the two , I'd pick a Corolla auto for its sheer reliability.

Please look at at least 5-6 cars before making a final decision.

If you are looking for a used Corolla,I'd suggest Mumbai - plenty of good examples there.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 17:23   #3450
BHPian

How much is a good asking price for:

Black Swift Zxi 2007
19k Odometer, sparingly used. 95% used in city.
Fancy xxx number, Chennai registration.
Single owner driven/worshipped.
Only modifications are the Black and Red art leather seats and the leatherite steering cover.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks