Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 22:32   #1936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
I am sure thats an illusion.That price is just unthinkable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Yeah probably.
You're on the ACI Forum too, right Anajan, I guess you too've seen that post?
This is not beyond reality. IMO this could be true if this is the petrol version. An 8 year Octy (if it is petrol) would anyway be worth a max of 2.5 in pristine condition. Everybody knows how much Skoda spares cost. The cost of getting this 'decent' car into a 'good' shape' could be close to 2l and hence the low price quoted. We had a query on a 2004 Octy available for 2l in this very thread itself.
Old 21st June 2010, 23:14   #1937
BHPian

hey guys,
wanted your inputs for a car i came across a few days back.

i am in bangalore and I currently use a maruti 800 (5 years old, 4 speed) and have been on the lookout for an upgrade for a while now. the worst part is that i am a totally confused person since i dont have a target car in mind. i just keep checking for good deals once in a while when i come across them. recently i have come across a dealer who is selling a Cedia select (June 2006 model, 40,000 kms, without LPG). the car in in dark blue colour and from my initial inspection seems like an accident free vehicle with just a small dent/deep scratch on the front right hand side body. Else the body seems to be spotless. the vehicle seems to have been well maintained for a 40k run cedia.All the tyres have been changed seem clean to me.

Now for the set of questions
1. is the cedia at 4 lakhs a good deal?
2. I have not as yet got the car evaluated by a mitsubishi showroom, but plan to do it if i plan to take the car. where can i get it done? i stay in Banaswadi hence any area such as frazer town, ulsoor would be close.
3. my daily usage is around 40 odd kms. Does it make sense for me to go for a car like the Cedia
4. is there a reliable mechanic to whom i can show the car? any suggestions from your personal experiences? would any cedia owner be able to come with me to see and evaluate the car?
5. how is cedia as a car. I love driving and dont really care too much about the mileage, but it should not burn a hole in the pocket. Moreover, how much of yearly maintainence would I be incurring?

My biggest problem is that i do not have a target car in mind. i have a budget of about 3-3.5 lakhs. I have come across Optra's which are in my range. Though a sedan is not a requirement for me, I have read so much about Cedia;s that I wish to own one as well. I plan to use a second hand car for now (i am not marrried as yet ) and plan to upgrade to a first hand sedan mostly in about 1-1.5 years.

I am very confused person guys. Please help me out! is it only me or are their other confused people like me? guess, i'm just gonna keep waiting for the rest of my life before i make a decision to buy a car!
Old 21st June 2010, 23:33   #1938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail.jaiswal View Post
hey guys,
wanted your inputs for a car i came across a few days back.

i am in bangalore and I currently use a maruti 800 (5 years old, 4 speed) and have been on the lookout for an upgrade for a while now. the worst part is that i am a totally confused person since i dont have a target car in mind. i just keep checking for good deals once in a while when i come across them. recently i have come across a dealer who is selling a Cedia select (June 2006 model, 40,000 kms, without LPG). the car in in dark blue colour and from my initial inspection seems like an accident free vehicle with just a small dent/deep scratch on the front right hand side body. Else the body seems to be spotless. the vehicle seems to have been well maintained for a 40k run cedia.All the tyres have been changed seem clean to me.

Now for the set of questions
1. is the cedia at 4 lakhs a good deal?
2. I have not as yet got the car evaluated by a mitsubishi showroom, but plan to do it if i plan to take the car. where can i get it done? i stay in Banaswadi hence any area such as frazer town, ulsoor would be close.
3. my daily usage is around 40 odd kms. Does it make sense for me to go for a car like the Cedia
4. is there a reliable mechanic to whom i can show the car? any suggestions from your personal experiences? would any cedia owner be able to come with me to see and evaluate the car?
5. how is cedia as a car. I love driving and dont really care too much about the mileage, but it should not burn a hole in the pocket. Moreover, how much of yearly maintainence would I be incurring?

My biggest problem is that i do not have a target car in mind. i have a budget of about 3-3.5 lakhs. I have come across Optra's which are in my range. Though a sedan is not a requirement for me, I have read so much about Cedia;s that I wish to own one as well. I plan to use a second hand car for now (i am not marrried as yet ) and plan to upgrade to a first hand sedan mostly in about 1-1.5 years.

I am very confused person guys. Please help me out! is it only me or are their other confused people like me? guess, i'm just gonna keep waiting for the rest of my life before i make a decision to buy a car!
go fo cedia it is a very very good car
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:34   #1939
lsp
BHPian

You are spot on MutantX. I bought and sold my first car from the same dealer. While buying he made it sound like I was the luckiest guy in the universe to get that car and when I went to sell it he pointed out so many things including engine, clutch, suspension, windscreen.

Finding genuine seller is a big headache. The newspaper classifieds are filled with dealers posing as owners. Seller expectations are so unrealistic at times that I wonder if they really want to sell it or not.

Anyway, the hunt continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Dude, I am actually happy that you walked away from the deal. It is very difficult to find genuine sellers! And worst are the dealers. They would make-up a monkey to look like a Donkey and sell it for the cost of a Horse.

When you are selling your car, the dealer talk as if your car is cursed and they bargain it in such a way that you feel like disposing it at dirt cheap rates! and when you come back to buy the same car! they talk as if the car is a chariot of god! and on the other hand, if you find a really genuine seller/dealer, then nothing like that.
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:43   #1940
BHPian

LSP, try searching in carwale or sulekha. You can find a lot of individuals who sell their cars. I am sure you can find the best price for a used car
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:44   #1941
BHPian

@jaiswal. Try getting it down by at least 50k, as it is not a high selling model.

How much might we get for our 2001(End) Maruti 800 Std. 4spd with retro-fitted AC, velvet seat covers and cassette player? The car is white in color, clocked 35000km and is in prime condition.
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:34   #1942
BHPian

Hi All,
I am really confused here. I am planning to get my first car down in 3-4 months. I know driving but doesnt have hands on experience for quite some years. My worry is where to start. On scanning few ads what is have come across is
Low budget : 2002-2004 fiat palio 1.2 (80k-1.5lacs)
Mid budget: 2007 palio 1.1 slx, sdx, 2005 ford ikon flair 1.3 and some Rocam models (2 -2.5 lacs)
mid-high : 2004-2007 Hyundai Elantra crdi (4-5.5 lacs) some tata safari

My eyes really set on elantra but at the same time I cannot ignore other models. I need bang for the buck so I am not bothered to include santro, maruti cars. How difficult to learn driving in a relatively big car like Elantra?
please suggest
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:08   #1943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
go fo cedia it is a very very good car
procircuit, thanks for the encouragement. I'll go this weekend to check out the car. Hopefully, its still around unsold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
@jaiswal. Try getting it down by at least 50k, as it is not a high selling model.
Arkin, its not a top end model but the price is quite low. I checked in carwale and the price range in carwale is 4.6-5.2. Hence i thought the price was still good enough

will be going to the mitsu showroom to get the car evaluated and see what issues are in the car. I dont expect too much of expenditure though. keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 23rd June 2010, 19:56   #1944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail.jaiswal View Post

Arkin, its not a top end model but the price is quite low. I checked in carwale and the price range in carwale is 4.6-5.2. Hence i thought the price was still good enough

will be going to the mitsu showroom to get the car evaluated and see what issues are in the car. I dont expect too much of expenditure though. keeping my fingers crossed.
Oh, Didn't know.
Hope it goes on well anyway!
Old 24th June 2010, 20:04   #1945
BANNED

Folks I've come across a deisel Fusion, April 2008, run 17000 kms, Gurgaon registered, maroon colour. The owner quoted 4.7 lkhs, IMO the price seems to high, what would be the right price, the car is clean and clear..well maintained..

Cheers
RD
Old 24th June 2010, 22:00   #1946
JLN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks I've come across a deisel Fusion, April 2008, run 17000 kms, Gurgaon registered, maroon colour. The owner quoted 4.7 lkhs, IMO the price seems to high, what would be the right price, the car is clean and clear..well maintained..

Cheers
RD
a friend of mine sold a june 2008 fusion tdci 16000 kms for 4.6 in Bangalore (dealers were offering him 4). So I would think the price in delhi must atleast be 50k lesser given the lower purchase price. I would 4-4.2 would be a good price if the car is great.
Old 24th June 2010, 22:02   #1947
BANNED

Thanks bro....I too am of the opinion of 4.15 approx.. let's if the deal get's thru.
Cheers
RD
Old 24th June 2010, 22:09   #1948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Thanks bro....I too am of the opinion of 4.15 approx.. let's if the deal get's thru.
Cheers
RD

You're lucky.
Fusions aren't so easy to come by.
Old 25th June 2010, 00:20   #1949
BHPian

Used Ikon 1.3, Esteem or Baleno ?

Hey Guys, I'm looking out for a car with a budget of 1.5 lakhs. At present there is a :-

1. Ford Ikon 1.3 2000 model which has clocked 140000+ kms, the dealer is quoting 90k but would haggle for less.

2.Maruti Esteem 2002 model clocked a similar mileage, dealer quoting 1lakh (negotiable).

3.Baleno 2004 model done 90k kms, Price - 1.6k.

Now the question is should I go for the Ikon or esteem for the quoted price and use the remaining money to modify and upgrade (alloys,good sound,free flow,filter etc) or should I go for the Baleno which may need some work to be done and stretches the budget by 10k.The baleno also has no sound system so that would be an additional expenditure which would have to wait for a couple more months.The Esteem seems too dated and according to my tastes is not too pleasant to look at, while the ikon is a good looking car but has that old 1.3l engine which I am worried bout (spares,service,performance).

So the dilemma is do I buy the cheaper,older cars and mod them a bit or should I go for the baleno and use it as it is (stock).

Which one should I go for and what price should I bargain for each of them?
Old 25th June 2010, 08:34   #1950
BHPian

Guys, how much would a 1 year old ANHC run for 20,000 kms command in the market ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks