Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2016, 19:28   #11566
Team-BHP Support

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayB View Post
Mine is a May 2010 Ford Fiesta S in Chill Metallic color. It has done around 31000 KM. Except for rear parking sensor its in stock condition. Bought it on company lease and later got it transferred to my name so although it has been exclusively owned and driven by me but technically i am the second owner.

In the month of Aug 2016 got a brand new Battery and brand new front 2 tyres. All originals.

Except for minor scratches (primarily on bumper) no history of any crashes.

Condition - I can bet you that you will not find a better maintained Fiesta (leave aside Fiesta S ).
I've emailed your through your T-BHP profile. Could you please check your email and respond?

Thanks!
Old 13th September 2016, 20:02   #11567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post
Can you please suggest what car (used) I can go for at 3 to 4 Lacs. I'm using a WagonR company leased which will be 3 years old in Jan 2017. I have an option to buy it at 3 Lacs. It is very well maintained and driven by me only (25K Kms).

Before I decide on opting for this, I wanted to see if there are other options for me in Chennai. (I can also buy it from outside Chennai, if the total cost of ownership after transfer and tax is within budget)

Hatch back preferred
Not more than 5 years old
Will be driven in Chennai city
Rare drive with family and very occasional long distance
Instead of buying an used car, why don't you go for a Nano XM or nano automatic ? It will tick most of your requirements.

It is a hoot to drive in city and can be used for long drives also. Parking is a breeze with this nifty car and you'll enjoy driving it in the city.

The savings which you get from the purchase, can also take care of your fuel requirements for couple of years! :-)

Granted, it is a bit noisy and suffers from the brand image, but, take a test drive and check it out

Last edited by haria : 13th September 2016 at 20:05.
haria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 22:16   #11568
BANNED

2013 Duster 110 ps RXz. 23k kms. Silver color. Leather Seat Cover ,Reverse cam and extras .
Listed at 10 Lakhs. Agreed to 8.5L. Good deal right?
Old 14th September 2016, 11:01   #11569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
For three lakhs if you buy almost new you can get Ritz / Swift / Micra etc - or a slightly older car a segment higher (Swift DZire and similar)

Or maybe a brand new Alto K10, which is a quite practical car.

Though - what is the need to dump that wagon R? Company lease over?
Thank you.

Would be glad to look at options including Swift and Ritz. The price in the used car sales portal is high hence the apprehension. K10 is not an option as it has low torque at low speeds.

Yes. My company lease is getting over, hence am in the market!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
Instead of buying an used car, why don't you go for a Nano XM or nano automatic ? It will tick most of your requirements.
Thank you.

There is a Nano in my neighborhood. The car never comes unannounced. It has aged badly in 3 years. This, in spite of the owner being a good caretaker. Hence have ruled out.

All new cars which satisfy my requirements are out of my budget, hence looking at an used car.

Added to this is the default option of buying my leased WagonR @ 3 Lacs.
Old 14th September 2016, 12:05   #11570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Same experience so far.
Two MSIL dealers offered (as I am going for exchange) 2.5-3.5 lakhs, saying 'Saar, Fiat ka resale value bahoot kam hai' (Fiats has poor resale value.).
If you get 3.5 L, I feel it is a good deal for a 4 year old FIAT. Granted, one looses quite a lot from the original OTR price, but in our country only few vehicles command high resale price (like swift, innova, qualis, etc). You might want to try your luck and push it for say 4L.

My colleague let go of his 2012 top end Figo diesl for around 3.75L in blr. the mileage was quite low (approx. only 18K km). I recommended him not to sell the vehicle, but since he was going out of country for couple of years, he was forced to take this decision. Otherwise, it really doesn't make any sense to sell your car before 5 or 6 years. After 5-6 years, the depreciation curve sort of gets flattened out and it won't be so sharp a price drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post
Thank you.

Would be glad to look at options including Swift and Ritz. The price in the used car sales portal is high hence the apprehension. K10 is not an option as it has low torque at low speeds.
Added to this is the default option of buying my leased WagonR @ 3 Lacs.
Swift petrol AFAIK has higher maintenance charges. Every service costs nearly 6-8K (according to couple of my colleagues who are driving this) and service interval according to the manual for maruti petrol vehicles is every 5K km or 6 months. In this context, WagonR is quite economical as your service bill will be hovering in the range of 3 to 5 K

You might also want to look at used Tata Bolt Revoltrons. Could be got around 4L range. The model is a market dud, but I loved driving this car!

Anyway, you have the backup option to continue holding your WagonR, which is a decent car!

Last edited by haria : 14th September 2016 at 12:16.
haria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 14:59   #11571
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Came across Chevrolet Sail U-VA (LS-ABS) and following are the details
Petrol
Single owner
2013 model
approximately 42k run
Location - Pune

Although this is a very practical car, it also is an all time market dud.

I am yet to inspect the car.
The listed price is 3.65L.
What would be a reasonable price for this, assuming the car is well maintained?
Old 18th September 2016, 21:46   #11572
BHPian

Is it advisable to buy a last gen Jazz now? Love the last gen jazz. And what range should I pay for the car, assuming its the latest year of production, ie. 2012 if i am not wrong?
Old 18th September 2016, 23:05   #11573
BHPian

A friend of mine is intending to sell his 2011 Ford Figo Lxi Petrol. The car is as good as new and has clocked only 3,500 kms as of now. What maximum and minimum price he should expect?

Thanks
Aakarsh
Old 19th September 2016, 01:36   #11574
BANNED

^^ 3500 or 35000 ? If former then he may expect 1.8/9 odd, if latter, 1.25/3 odd. Petrol Figo is pathetic in terms of resale. I have one back home.
Torquedo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 09:15   #11575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
Is it advisable to buy a last gen Jazz now? Love the last gen jazz. And what range should I pay for the car, assuming its the latest year of production, ie. 2012 if i am not wrong?
Though it is a really good product would be a GOOD buy being a well made Honda, you shouldn't pay more as a second hand car is supposed to be VFM and a good investment as the first owner should be the one taking the big hit. Second owner should be paying less, extracting most of the investment while resaling and enjoy a real Honda.
We bought a 1 year old 10k KMs run Baleno in 2007 which is still swrving the family at 10 years, being a true Suzuki has been a real workhorse at 120k KMs, still running on the original clutch.
To sum up, if you keep it for long like us, it must be meant to take all the abuse and niggle free at 8-9 years of age. Almost all of the 2nd gen City and Balenos I see today are in good shape. Comparatively Accents of those days don't exhibit grace now, I am sure Accent and 1st gen Verna had their tauntrums at 5+ years.
Or, you keep it for 2-4 years more and sell it of at a depreciation of say ₹1L, and as maintainance is mostly touble free, it is going to be a wallet happy buy. Point is that this depreciation shouldn't cost you much more, meaning you must get it at the best price possible. Checkout carwale old car price tool, its more realistic than teambhp's. Also, as it was a market flop, you have something good to leverage.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 10:38   #11576
Senior - BHPian

What should one pay for 2013 XUV W6 with 30k on odo?
Also, how much should I quote for Nov 2010 Alto K10 VXi with 41K on odo?

Last edited by sourabhzen : 19th September 2016 at 10:39.
Old 19th September 2016, 11:09   #11577
BHPian

I want to exchange/sell my wagonr-vxi 2007 as I want a new hatchback - preferably auto.
It has run 79k over last 8 years and the major miles clocked were because of bangalor-pune and pune-solapur trips.
Always serviced at MASS.
Have already done the 80k servicing as i was planning to sell this.
Extras include alpine HU and bostons.

How much should I expect for this?
Old 19th September 2016, 12:41   #11578
Senior - BHPian

How much is this Jaguar XF Petrol worth? He's quoting 25 L

Jaguar XF 5 Ltr petrol Portfolio variant. Well maintained single owner car

Vehicle Specs:

Fixed Price: No
Exchange Accepted: No
Make: Jaguar
Model: XF
Variant: XF Petrol V8
Vehicle Type: Sedans
Make Year: 2009
Make Month: December
Fuel type: Petrol
Transmission type: Automatic
Condition: Used
Engine Capacity/Displacement (in Cc): 5000
Max Power (BHP): 300
Is the Car Certified?: No
Is Car Accidental?: No
Is Car Flood Affected?: No
Warranty type: No warranty
Insurance Type: Third Party
Insurance Year: 2017
Insurance Month: August
No. of Owners: First
Colors: White
Interior color: Other
One Time Tax: Individual
Registration Place: KL
Plate: KL

Vehicle Extras:

8 airbags
Power steering
Rear Seat Head Rest
Esp (electronic stabilization program)
Adjustable Headlights
Manually Adjustable Ext Rear View Mirror
Abs
Sunroof
Central locking
Driver Airbag
Passenger Airbag
Door Ajar Warning
Rear Seats Belts
Child Safety Lock
Special Heap Lamps
Engine Immobilizer
Power Windows Front
Power Windows Front and Rear
Auto AC
Low Fuel Warning Light
Foldable Rear Seat
Cup Holder Rear
Cup Holder Front
Bottle Holder Front Door
Bottle Holder Front and Rear Door
AC/Heater
Adjustable steering
Tachometer
Glove Compartment
Digital Clock
Digital Odometer
Non-Smoking Owner
Old 22nd September 2016, 01:46   #11579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Though it is a really good product would be a GOOD buy being a well made Honda, you shouldn't pay more as a second hand car is supposed to be VFM and a good investment as the first owner should be the one taking the big hit. Second owner should be paying less, extracting most of the investment while resaling and enjoy a real Honda.
We bought a 1 year old 10k KMs run Baleno in 2007 which is still swrving the family at 10 years, being a true Suzuki has been a real workhorse at 120k KMs, still running on the original clutch.
To sum up, if you keep it for long like us, it must be meant to take all the abuse and niggle free at 8-9 years of age. Almost all of the 2nd gen City and Balenos I see today are in good shape. Comparatively Accents of those days don't exhibit grace now, I am sure Accent and 1st gen Verna had their tauntrums at 5+ years.
Or, you keep it for 2-4 years more and sell it of at a depreciation of say ₹1L, and as maintainance is mostly touble free, it is going to be a wallet happy buy. Point is that this depreciation shouldn't cost you much more, meaning you must get it at the best price possible. Checkout carwale old car price tool, its more realistic than teambhp's. Also, as it was a market flop, you have something good to leverage.
Well yes I'd say the Jazz certainly does look good. I like it more than the current gen Jazz. Being a Honda, I'm sure it will be reliable. The problem I have is getting hold of a clean car at a good price. Especially since its rare now.
Old 22nd September 2016, 09:37   #11580
Distinguished - BHPian

I came across this LiveMint article that has used data from CarWale to list out the general resale value for popular 3-year old and 5-year old models. The article has some nice points, so do read through that too.

In that article, they also show the resale value as a percentage of the current ex-showroom price in Delhi:
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-w_car_money_21sep.jpg

LiveMint article: http://www.livemint.com/Money/Yy1CfE...used-cars.html
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks