Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2016, 20:04   #11596
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Vinit,

That's exactly what I asked and his answer is that his little son is scared of the noise of the engine and refuses to sit in the jeep. I can sort of believe that!
He is probably also aware of the NGT lurking in the background.
He has actually got photographs of the restoration work so I do believe that.
The paint that has been used is far superior to Mahindra as it is Audi quality paint that was used.
It's quite a looker.

SS
I would take that reasoning with a pinch of salt
I am not a Jeep expert here, but a Thar body, PS, AC etc even though retrofitted, cannot be done with the same precision as it is done in the factory. Especially replacing the body thing.

You will find a few niggles with a brand new factory finished Thar. This is a 2 decade old vehicle retrofitted with modern stuff.

At that price, you would be better off with a stock 20 year old Jeep, rather than a heavily modified one.
Old 27th September 2016, 20:33   #11597
BHPian

I have a Nov 2007 Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 single owner done 59000kms (genuine)
dealer are quoting approx 70-80k for this, there is some wear n tear due to age. plus since the car has been mainly used in the city some body scratches & bumper damage.
There was also an accident with the car my dad took it to Nashik from Mumbai and on the highway at 90+ speed a cow came on the road. so the front bumper, bonet & side fender (right) including the headlight (right) has been replaced. but no structural damage. Also there is some rust here & there.

So what i am asking is should i sell this car at this price 80000/- or repair it by spending approx 30k (i estimate) and use for for 5+ more years?
Old 27th September 2016, 21:16   #11598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz_mak View Post
So what i am asking is should i sell this car at this price 80000/- or repair it by spending approx 30k (i estimate) and use for for 5+ more years?
Chevy - if you are able to find parts for the car in the next few years and don't mind driving an older car feel free to keep it. It is very lightly used so there is a lot of life left in it still. Limited by GM's parts availability and service network so identify a friendly garage that can help you service stuff.

Please also read this article -

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/your...rade-or-swap-0
Old 27th September 2016, 21:21   #11599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

... and the other day a friend of mine sent me a pic of an eye catching red "Thar". Going for around 4 lakhs. I was like What's the catch??
BD's last message to me-

"There are people who want to palm off MM540s as Thar CRDes. This seems to be some opportunist pulling a fast one. Be careful."
schakravarthy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 00:49   #11600
BHPian

Hi bhpians, I wish to upgrade from my '10 i20 1.2 asta to an SUV. I like the the duster 110(RxZ AMT) primarily for its ride and handling and creta 1.6 petrol AT as it is a logical upgrade from my Asta. But, IMHO, duster and creta are grossly overpriced. 110 RxZ retails at 1671000 mumbai and creta at 1590000. The pricing made me think about going in for a used proper SUV like pajero, outlander, toyota, santa fe, endeavor or even captiva. Finally, I managed to find a couple of outlanders in pricer range of 8.50-9.50 lacs, one is 2010 and the other is 2011 manufactured. This the dilemma I'm facing. Santa fe 2012 2wd is for 12.50 lacs. I request your advice whether buying a used SUV be sensible considering the cost of maintenance. I plan to keep the next car for around 5-7 years and mostly driven in the Mumbai, with a few weekend trips to sangli kolhapur once in 2 months. Thanks in advance.
Old 28th September 2016, 02:04   #11601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
Hi bhpians, I wish to upgrade from my '10 i20 1.2 asta to an SUV. I like the the duster 110(RxZ AMT) primarily for its ride and handling and creta 1.6 petrol AT as it is a logical upgrade from my Asta. But, IMHO, duster and creta are grossly overpriced. The pricing made me think about going in for a used proper SUV like pajero, outlander, toyota, santa fe, endeavor or even captiva. Finally, I managed to find a couple of outlanders in pricer range of 8.50-9.50 lacs, one is 2010 and the other is 2011 manufactured. This the dilemma I'm facing. Santa fe 2012 2wd is for 12.50 lacs. I request your advice whether buying a used SUV be sensible considering the cost of maintenance. I plan to keep the next car for around 5-7 years and mostly driven in the Mumbai, with a few weekend trips to sangli kolhapur once in 2 months. Thanks in advance.
Hi T-Rex. You should consider XUV500 too. You can get a new one or try a relatively fresh second hand one. IMHO it will tick all the right
boxes and is great to drive too with long term maintainer not too bad.
Old 28th September 2016, 02:51   #11602
BHPian

Quote:
Hi bhpians, I wish to upgrade from my '10 i20 1.2 asta to an SUV. I like the the duster 110(RxZ AMT) primarily for its ride and handling and creta 1.6 petrol AT as it is a logical upgrade from my Asta. But, IMHO, duster and creta are grossly overpriced. 110 RxZ retails at 1671000 mumbai and creta at 1590000. The pricing made me think about going in for a used proper SUV like pajero, outlander, toyota, santa fe, endeavor or even captiva. Finally, I managed to find a couple of outlanders in pricer range of 8.50-9.50 lacs, one is 2010 and the other is 2011 manufactured. This the dilemma I'm facing. Santa fe 2012 2wd is for 12.50 lacs. I request your advice whether buying a used SUV be sensible considering the cost of maintenance. I plan to keep the next car for around 5-7 years and mostly driven in the Mumbai, with a few weekend trips to sangli kolhapur once in 2 months. Thanks in advance.
Hi T-Rex
I would recommend buying a car that is reliable and has good resale value. New cars lose value as soon as you drive it out of the showroom. The creta petrol won't hold a good resale value in 5-7 years. Duster could still be a better bet. I think you should go in for a second hand car. First thing first to get maximum bang for your buck go in for a car which has good reliability and great after sales service. The first Suv that comes to my mind in your budget is the Toyota fortuner. It will hold its value for quite sometime. That's my recommendation. You can consider the Santa fe, it's quite comfortable on long drives and light steering for the city. Think about Scorpios, there are automatic ones that will suffice your needs. Pajeros have bad after sales service although they are great cars and endys are known to have issues in the past but the car on its own is amazing. Think on the lines of thunder+, you will love the road presence and hate its size while parking. Good hunting!
Old 28th September 2016, 08:29   #11603
BANNED

Quote:

If you are fine with a petrol car then you should look for a Honda CR-V or Mitsubishi Outlander. Consider cars post 2010 and you can get one at less than 10L. They will serve you well for the next 10 years without any problem. You can use the differential amount to spend on the fuel.

If you are keen on a diesel SUV then look for the X-trail, Santa FE or the Pajero Sport. All these 3 cars have decent road manners and offer a brilliant ride quality. If you come across a clean Fortuner at a reasonable price then you should surely consider one. You can easily get a suspension upgrade to enhance the ride quality. If possible look for Fortuner's around kolhapur or sangli, you might get them at a slightly cheaper price. In Mumbai the pricing is very high for used fortuners. Although Fortuner will be the cheapest to maintain.

Asit
Old 28th September 2016, 09:48   #11604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I would take that reasoning with a pinch of salt
I am not a Jeep expert here, but a Thar body, PS, AC etc even though retrofitted, cannot be done with the same precision as it is done in the factory. Especially replacing the body thing.

You will find a few niggles with a brand new factory finished Thar. This is a 2 decade old vehicle retrofitted with modern stuff.

At that price, you would be better off with a stock 20 year old Jeep, rather than a heavily modified one.
Hi Vinit,

Thanks for the inputs.

You are absolutely right about the retrofitting bit. Also the 20 year old factor is putting me off. Another issue is that the vehicle will have to be re-registered in Goa and I'm not sure how that will pan out on such an old vehicle.

Schakravarthy,

He never claimed it was a "Thar" or a "Thar CRDe". Seller seems to be a fairly genuine guy.
Anyway, I think I will give this one a miss as I am also concerned about the availability of spare parts for a 20 year old engine, gear box etc.

Also, something which just came up yesterday :
A friend of mine in Goa passed away a while ago and his wife is now selling their 10 year old Tata Xenon 4x2 (1948 cc engine) in Goa which has proper seating for 5 plus the pickup section at the back. Power steering, power windows and A/C. A bit big for what I wanted but I know the vehicle and with a coat of paint and some decent alloys the Xenon looks quite smart. Going for 1.5L. It also has Goa registration so one less issue.
Any Xenon experts here could please advise.

Schakravarthy, I notice your avatar is that of a Xenon. Your advise would be much appreciated.

Regards,
SS
Old 28th September 2016, 10:46   #11605
BHPian

Thank you gurujann..I dont like XUV for the niggles every now and then and though scorpio is my personal fav since the time it was launched, heck, I can even get a 4x4 under 16 lacs, but it rides like a buggy, so I will be single again. So out of luck there. I think I will zero in on a used CR-V/ Fortuner/ Outlander for now, will keep you guys posted. Thanks again
Old 28th September 2016, 17:26   #11606
Senior - BHPian

Bosch is putting up an e-auction of their used vehicles through KR Auctioneers. There are 3 Swift Dezire, 2 Innova, 2 I10, 1 Verna, 5 Etios, 1 Corolla Altis, 1 I20 and a Skoda Laura.

Interested can visit the KR auctioneers website to check out the models and enroll.
Old 28th September 2016, 17:43   #11607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Bosch is putting up an e-auction of their used vehicles through KR Auctioneers. There are 3 Swift Dezire, 2 Innova, 2 I10, 1 Verna, 5 Etios, 1 Corolla Altis, 1 I20 and a Skoda Laura.

Interested can visit the KR auctioneers website to check out the models and enroll.
Thanks for the info.
But I could not find anything of this in the forthcoming e-auction.
http://www.krauctioneers.in/forthcoming.php

Or am I looking at the wrong place?
Old 28th September 2016, 17:59   #11608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Thanks for the info.
But I could not find anything of this in the forthcoming e-auction.
http://www.krauctioneers.in/forthcoming.php

Or am I looking at the wrong place?
Check E16-111 in the list.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 19:29   #11609
BHPian

I'm thinking of selling my Ertiga CNG 2013 September model. The car is lxi model done approx 23k kms. It's single handedly used with all the accessories like central locking, all 4 power windows, touch screen music system with focal component speakers, art leather seat cover etc. The car is Mumbai registered with corporate tax paid. What price can I expect for the same ?
Old 28th September 2016, 22:21   #11610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A friend of mine in Goa passed away a while ago and his wife is now selling their 10 year old Tata Xenon 4x2 (1948 cc engine) in Goa which has proper seating for 5 plus the pickup section at the back. Power steering, power windows and A/C. A bit big for what I wanted but I know the vehicle and with a coat of paint and some decent alloys the Xenon looks quite smart. Going for 1.5L. It also has Goa registration so one less issue.
Any Xenon experts here could please advise.

Schakravarthy, I notice your avatar is that of a Xenon. Your advise would be much appreciated.

Regards,
SS
I'm confused.

1) There was no Xenon in 2006.
2) There are two engine variants offered in a Xenon- a 2.2L and a 3.0L; no 1948cc engine.

I think what you are talking about might be a TL. Anyway, pictures will help, sir.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks