Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2015, 14:54   #10846
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Hi team,

I need a car in Bangalore within 3 Lakhs.

My expectations are the following
Model: 2010+
Running: <50000K
Airbags / ABS required
Mid to Top Model for respective model
NO ALTO, EON, NANO

Which car can I get with the above criteria??
Hi Guys, can i get a Jazz in Bangalore for about 3.5. I have searched multiple forums but have not found any good sample. Any references??
Old 27th October 2015, 21:34   #10847
BHPian

In Bangalore, for 3.5 lacs, getting a Jazz looks impossible. However, Honda Brios are available in this price range
Old 27th October 2015, 21:48   #10848
BHPian

2000rpm, it's a bit difficult. Have you given Fiat a thought? There maybe some good options in 2009/10 Punto or Stile.
Old 27th October 2015, 23:31   #10849
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Hi Guys, can i get a Jazz in Bangalore for about 3.5. I have searched multiple forums but have not found any good sample. Any references??
Jazz - no. You can try the Hyundai / Maruti ..
Old 28th October 2015, 10:36   #10850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
I am really curious here. Will the VW scandal have such massive effect on the prices of cars? If asked personally, I would hardly care about this. Whatever VW did, it does not affect safety, performance, reliability etc.

If there are indeed such repercussions, and prices sink in user car market, I will be very tempted to buy a VW!!
Hello,

Bijoya Dashami Greetings to all fellow BHP brethren and their beloved family members.
Coming to your question regarding VW, altering the software, in cheating the emmisiion norms and whether that affects the safety, performance and reliability; yes, the cheating does affect the performance, and mileage of the vehicle. That was the sole reason to cheat, and get ahead of the other car manufacturer.

Now, let me give you an example. its like buying a bs 1, vehicle in 2015, when the whole world is going for bs4 model. now i dont think, you would like to own a bs1 vehicle, even if had all the bells and whistle and the current gen engine and safety features. Chances, are, unless one is totally uneducated, and a person, who gives a two hoot for the environment for the next gen (i.e.our kids); he will buy that vehicle, and remove the bs 1 badge..

With buying a VW, no amount of removing a badge or polishing or washing, will go away the stigma of a 'CHEAT'.

Now, would you like to be seen in that manufacturers vehicle, and that too in a new vehicle. Poor people who bought unknowingly, should actually sue them.

I and my wife, had always advised to our medical student, to be wary of MNCs. Just like 'NATIONS HAVE NO FRIENDS; JUST INTERESTS' (Charles -de - Gaulle); similarly; MNCs dont have Ethics or Morality; they have only Loyalty to 1; their Shareholders and Board of Directors.

The Pharmaceutical, Fmc, Chemical, Petroleum, Food and Beverage, Cosmetics, Agriculture, Fertilizer is full of such stories of betrayal by the MNC.

Alas ! the Motor industry was away in this respect. The only industry which thrived to be the best of the best, in order to stay ahead. But the sales and profit, pressure got too much i think!

Hope i had been able to clear my point of view.
regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
How much to pay for a 2nd owner 2007 Maruthi wagon R in Trivandrum, LXI model with 63k km?
The car is good condition, need to take a decision, seller asking for 2.1 lakhs.
Hello.

Ask him to go for a walk.

In kolkata, a 2007-8 lxi /vxi with full service history, no accident record, and ok tyre / battery goes for 1.4 to 1.8 max. depending on lxi /vxi and total mileage, and road tax 10 years or life time.

The wagon Rs have the tendency to rust very easily on the underside, the running boards. A/cs too need full check up for coolant leakage in the system. the rust gives rise to vehicle smoke coming inside the cabin, which is a very dangerous situation, for extended use of a/c with vent in 'closed ' position. and vent 'open' position leads to more carbon di and mono oxides !.

Hope that was useful. Just go to the maruti or other true values store, and mark 25k more, and you will get an approximate value if you are selling to them, and deduct the same, if you are buying from them. Thats easy !

Hope that was useful.

Regards

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th October 2015 at 06:19. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use multi-quote/QUOTE+ to quote multiple posts and respond to them.
dr. sen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 09:10   #10851
BHPian

Hi,
Need your opinion on how much could I expect for our Maruti Alto (Feb 2006 ) , run 24.5k km, first owner still running strong and gives a good mileage of 13 kmpl is start stop mumbai city traffic. Clutch plate assembly had to be changed in year 5, apart from it no problems. Battery replaced 2 years back, still has the stock tyres doing good service. Given the car was only used during weekends, running has been very low in spite of fact that it's nearly 10 years now of the car.
Please suggest a good resale price.
Thanks
Abhishek
Old 29th October 2015, 09:44   #10852
BHPian

Hello members,

I would like to know how much can we expect if we sell a 3rd hand Qualis GS (2001) which has run 2,12,500 kms? The car has been taken regularly to Toyota Service Stations for every service intervals. It is in decent condition, engine and gearbox as good as new.

How much can we get if we approach dealers for exchange? Please suggest your fair prices as we are looking to get a hatch for city runabouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
Hi,
Need your opinion on how much could I expect for our Maruti Alto.

Thanks
Abhishek
I would say a range of 1,75,000 to 2,00,000 as the car has been maintained well and has low mileage. The minimum you can go is Rs. 1.50L. It is just my opinion and the experts here can throw a better figure for you.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th October 2015 at 07:22. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts
karthick_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 09:55   #10853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthick_b View Post
I would say a range of 1,75,000 to 2,00,000 as the car has been maintained well and has low mileage. The minimum you can go is Rs. 1.50L. It is just my opinion and the experts here can throw a better figure for you.
Thanks kartik for the quick response.
I have booked the new baleno , and in the process also made maruti true value do an evaluation of my alto and they gave me a quote of 60k and I literally fell off my chair at the nexa showroom. Don't think they want to do much business.
Thanks once again, now have a better idea of what I should expect.
Abhishek
Old 29th October 2015, 11:09   #10854
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Need your opinion on how much could I expect for our Maruti Alto (Feb 2006 ) , run 24.5k km, first owner still running strong and gives a good mileage of 13 kmpl is start stop mumbai city traffic. Clutch plate assembly had to be changed in year 5, apart from it no problems. Battery replaced 2 years back, still has the stock tyres doing good service. Given the car was only used during weekends, running has been very low in spite of fact that it's nearly 10 years now of the car.
Thanks
Abhishek

Quote:
Your Alto is ~10 years old! Lower mileage is a bonus, but the 'decade old' tag is difficult to ignore. Figures of 2 lac is just too optimistic. So is 1.5.

I'd say 1 lac would be a more practical figure, 1.2 if you're lucky. Add 30-40k to the dealer offer for a realistic idea of how much you can find a buyer for.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 11:49   #10855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Your Alto is ~10 years old! Lower mileage is a bonus, but the 'decade old' tag is difficult to ignore. Figures of 2 lac is just too optimistic. So is 1.5.

I'd say 1 lac would be a more practical figure, 1.2 if you're lucky. Add 30-40k to the dealer offer for a realistic idea of how much you can find a buyer for.
Point taken. But the price quoted by true value was atrocious to start with. Will target a value around 1.2
Thanks for the opinion once again
Abhishek
Old 29th October 2015, 11:54   #10856
BHPian

Quote:
I think you are being way too optimistic !

I bought a 2005 Alto in Gurgaon in 2009 when it was 3 years 8 months old for 1.78L from Maruti True Value (although it had run 70k). From a private seller it would have been much cheaper.

To expect the same amount or even more after 6 years doesn't make sense.

Carwale.com quotes a price of 86k to 1.34L

http://www.carwale.com/used/carvalua...=39477705&vt=2
Foxbat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 13:25   #10857
BHPian

I am planning to sell my 2013 Rapid elegance 1.6TDi. It has run 16K and is in good condition with very minor scratches. It has 3M CR70 all around plus leather seats, reverse camera, a touch screen with bluetooth and other accessories. How much can I expect in Bangalore?
Old 29th October 2015, 13:49   #10858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I am planning to sell my 2013 Rapid elegance 1.6TDi. It has run 16K and is in good condition with very minor scratches. It has 3M CR70 all around plus leather seats, reverse camera, a touch screen with bluetooth and other accessories. How much can I expect in Bangalore?
Hai. We had asked for a quote for our 2013 Rapid Tdi Prestige edition(12k run). We were offered 8L. Since yours has so many extras, I guess anything north of 8-8.5L would be great.
Old 1st November 2015, 11:24   #10859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
How much to pay for a 2nd owner 2007 Maruthi wagon R in Trivandrum, LXI model with 63k km?
The car is good condition, need to take a decision, seller asking for 2.1 lakhs.
2.1 is a bit on the higher side. 1.75 to 1.95 would be a good price, I guess
My friend recently sold his WagonR Vxi (first owner) run about 75k for about 2.3L in Bangalore
haria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 11:28   #10860
BHPian

Quote:
Point taken. But the price quoted by true value was atrocious to start with. Will target a value around 1.2
Thanks for the opinion once again
Abhishek
my 2 cents:

I had a march 2006 Alto Lxi, which had clocked nearly 1.15L km. I sold this in Jan this year for 1.47L in bangalore. Truevalue was giving me a quote of 1.2L and I could find a buyer in OLX for 1.47.

My vehicle was in top condition (at least, the internals), though there were some scratches/small dents - (Driving in bangalore, these are bound to happen)
haria is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks