Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2015, 08:46   #10741
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Any idea how much would I have to shell out to renew the fitness at the RTO? Will I be asked to pay tax again for those 4 or 5 year's renewal?
I believe it will be for 5 years, but you might want to check it with some one knowledgeable / agents as these terms can vary in states.
Old 11th September 2015, 10:17   #10742
BHPian

BHPians,

I am happy to report that I have picked up an A-star VXi AT (Aug 2013) model for close to 3.6L OTR. The price seems a little steep but the car has hardly run 5700 odd kms. Minus a few light scratches on the front bumper, which proves that the car has spent its time in Pune, there are no dents and the car runs beautifully.

Model: A-star VXi AT
City: Pune
Year: 2013 August
Mileage: 5724 kms!!
No. of owners: 1
Condition: Brilliant! I'd say I am really happy as I get to keep my 3rd gen Honda City for long highway runs and use this tiny little bug to putter around in the crazy Pune city traffic. The car hasn't had much running and went for its last service on 27th June 2015. The insurance had expired and the asking price was 390000. the car was "CarTrade certified". I have been using it since the last 3 days and there are 0 rattles and the gearbox is decent enough for my needs.

Price: 350000 + 8700 odd for insurance INR
Old 11th September 2015, 11:26   #10743
BHPian

Prices of Cars on Different Websites

I could not find a similar thread so created a new one. If available, please merge this.

I recently started doing a bit of checking on used car prices across different Indian Car websites - Gaadi, Carwale, Quikr, Car Trade, etc. The bug bit me after reading the 'Pre Worshiped BMW 530' post.

My search was for some a car less than 2 years old, <10000 kms, costing between 30-35L. While there are multiple options available, I found that most did not fit the bill in either one of the categories and the car on offer were A4, C220 or BMW 320. I was hoping for a higher segment.
Then I did the reverse - put my 26 months old Mercedes C200 Avant Garde up for sale in a similar price bracket. While I got a few inquiries they were more of the casual queries and not serious buyers.

My question is:
- How do we know who is a genuine buyer?
- What could be the fetching price of the C200, July 2013 registered car?
- Are there some sweet deals available on the BMW 530, A6, X3, Jag XF using the above mentioned criteria?

I believe that WOM is often more powerful, so therefore checking with all of you.
Old 11th September 2015, 15:25   #10744
BHPian

Hello folks.
Wanted to know what should be the buying price for a used Renault duster 85ps rxl (o) variant. It's a 2013 model with touchscreen media and navigation. The odo reads around 14K Kms. The vehicle is based in ahmedabad. Going by the current sales of duster, is it worth 8.5L. The dealer had quoted 9.11L and has reduced to 8.5L on phone. I haven't seen the vehicle in person yet because I stay in another city.
Thanks.
Old 12th September 2015, 12:26   #10745
Distinguished - BHPian

What price can I expect for my 2011 December WagonR with 25k on the odo? It doesnt have any major dents and no bodywork or such till date. Fairly well driven and no problems presently.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 22:32   #10746
BHPian

How much to pay for A spark PS 2007, run 66k kms.
The clutch looks weak and the check engine light was on thru the ride. Any place to get the car inspected around Indiranagar, Bangalore?
Old 12th September 2015, 23:04   #10747
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
How much to pay for A spark PS 2007, run 66k kms.
The clutch looks weak and the check engine light was on thru the ride. Any place to get the car inspected around Indiranagar, Bangalore?
Why not look for another?
A seller who can't be bothered to have the cel not come on while he's trying to sell it, god knows how the spark must have been treated in day to day usage.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 00:10   #10748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Why not look for another?
A seller who can't be bothered to have the cel not come on while he's trying to sell it, god knows how the spark must have been treated in day to day usage.
Hey Mayank, yes I am looking for it others too. This one has been quoted low, as the owner told me she is traveling. 1.5 is what is being asked. The car otherwise looks and rides well. So if the MIL is for something minor, was thinking of going for it. This is gonna be our second car for city runabouts and for my wifey's office runs.
Old 13th September 2015, 06:31   #10749
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

How much would a 2014 Hyundai i20 Asta (the previous model with drls) fetch? The car on offer has done close to 8000 km. Asking price is 6L.
Considering the model is now discontinued what should be a good offer?

Also what should be a good offer for Swift Zxi that is 6 months old and done under 2000 kms. The seller has quoted 6.6L
Old 13th September 2015, 11:05   #10750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
Hello folks.
Wanted to know what should be the buying price for a used Renault duster 85ps rxl (o) variant. It's a 2013 model with touchscreen media and navigation. The odo reads around 14K Kms. Thanks.
Dear Chintu Babu,

Prices in Delhi, Jaipur and Kolkata (places i reside), for a well documented and maintained, low on odometer, duster, base model are for 6.5 l to 8.5 lacs (top model) for 2012-13; without bargain. IMHO the price should be around 7-7.5, considering, a new faced and another anniversary edition has come out, all old stock is sold with 70-80k discount, by the dealers across the nation.

so put forward your point across, and hope for a good deal. wish you all the best, happy hunting.

regards

dr. sen
Old 13th September 2015, 11:40   #10751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Hey Mayank, yes I am looking for it others too. This one has been quoted low, as the owner told me she is traveling. 1.5 is what is being asked.
Dear Glemnz,

As advised by mayank, you should be very very cautious about the car, unless smitten by the car or .... I personally feel, lady driven car should be avoided, for tens of reason, which i dont want to go into. IMHO, you should buy a used car of that manufacturer, whose service and spares are easily found and repaired, in any road side corner or service station. periods. unless they have status value or touch your emotional cord. Here your beloved will be going to office, am sure you dont her to be late or troubled by a suspecting mechanicals. Am sure you will find hundreds of vehicle within 1.5 lacs.

regards

dr. sen
dr. sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 12:55   #10752
BHPian

I gave away my 2004 esteem lxi model with a heavy heart . It had run around 90000 km and had travelled to a number of places with me. I got Rs 85000 for it.
Old 14th September 2015, 09:03   #10753
BHPian

Hello folks,

Experts please suggest what will be the fair price I can expect for my car?

Make/model: Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI Elegance (2012 registered in Bangalore)
Colour: Cuppicino Beige
ODO: 63,000 km
Body condition: Minor scratches on the body and no insurance claim till date

I have spent >1L to upgrade my car. Below are few modifications/new parts on the car
1. Imported Touch screen DVD HU with Bluetooth connectivity
2. Imported Focal speakers (4 + 2 tweeters) with 4ch Amp
3. Body colour Reverse sensor + camera (display in HU)
4. Just 8 months old art. leather seats done @ Karlsson
5. Pure leather steering grip
6. New battery (just 6 months old)
7. New brake shoes and pads (1000 kms old)
8. Fancy registration number KA51 XX 1771

P.S: I have already put my car sale ad on Team BHP classifieds for 7,90,000/-. I will be glad if any BHPian is interested in my car.

Last edited by hillsnrains : 14th September 2015 at 09:06. Reason: corrected typo
Old 14th September 2015, 10:10   #10754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. sen View Post
Dear Chintu Babu,

so put forward your point across, and hope for a good deal. you all the best, happy hunting.

regards

dr. sen

Thank you sir.
I would surely take these points up and let's see where the deal goes.
Old 14th September 2015, 11:20   #10755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Hello folks,

Experts please suggest what will be the fair price I can expect for my car?

Make/model: Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI Elegance (2012 registered in Bangalore)
Colour: Cuppicino Beige
ODO: 63,000 km
Body condition: Minor scratches on the body and no insurance claim till date

I have spent >1L to upgrade my car. Below are few modifications/new parts on the car
1. Imported Touch screen DVD HU with Bluetooth connectivity
2. Imported Focal speakers (4 + 2 tweeters) with 4ch Amp
3. Body colour Reverse sensor + camera (display in HU)
4. Just 8 months old art. leather seats done @ Karlsson
5. Pure leather steering grip
6. New battery (just 6 months old)
7. New brake shoes and pads (1000 kms old)
8. Fancy registration number KA51 XX 1771

P.S: I have already put my car sale ad on Team BHP classifieds for 7,90,000/-. I will be glad if any BHPian is interested in my car.
Upgrades generally don't hold much value especially since your mileage is on higher side for 3 yr old car. It kinda levels out. You should get 5-6L if you sell directly.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks