Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2015, 17:21   #10996
lsp
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I agree Geo that the car is not exactly gonna fly off the shelf. But then I am in no hurry. Also I am not necc. looking for an upgrade.

One of the things which is prompting for the change is to get a odd numbered car as both my current cars (Santro & i10) are even numbered.

I do not want to hold onto that car as 2-3 years down the line the car would be 13 years old and I may not find any buyer at all for it.

On a related note, how much should a Aug 2012 WagonR LXi be costing from a private seller in Delhi? Mileage is ~20k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Santro Xing, 11th year running, with 1 lac+ km on the odo is not really a hot cake in the used car market. If your car is maintained exceptionally well and you are able to find a genuine buyer yourself, 1.25 lac should be your best expectation. I would suggest you keep 1 lac as a realistic expectation. Used car dealers won't offer anything more than 60-70k, if not lesser.

Regrading your replacement options, the i10 is mechanically same as a Santro, except if you plan to get the 1.2 Kappa engined versions. Similarly, I don't see the logic in replacing a Santro with a used WagonR either. You should be looking to upgrade to the Swift/Figo/Polo segment, don't you think. But with a 1+2=3 lac budget, you'll have to compromise heavily - either go for a really old or high mileage car!

Better option would be to hold onto your Santro for another 2-3 years, improve your budget for the next car and then go for a new B2 segment hatch, especially since you tend to keep your car for long periods.

Do take a look at our Repair vs Replace thread, and ask yourself whether you really 'need' to replace your Santro. Hope this helps!
Old 28th December 2015, 17:31   #10997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
I agree Geo that the car is not exactly gonna fly off the shelf. But then I am in no hurry. Also I am not necc. looking for an upgrade.

One of the things which is prompting for the change is to get a odd numbered car as both my current cars (Santro & i10) are even numbered.

I do not want to hold onto that car as 2-3 years down the line the car would be 13 years old and I may not find any buyer at all for it.

On a related note, how much should a Aug 2012 WagonR LXi be costing from a private seller in Delhi? Mileage is ~20k
Hi lsp,
In 2014, we sold our 11 yesrs old Santro Xing (80000 km on the odo) at Rs. 80,000/-. One power window was not working at that time. The clutch was not in the best of the form and the gear shift was also little difficult (probably synchro rings replacement was approaching). This was at Ahmednagar in Maharashtra. This was not a distress sale.

Hope, this may help you.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 22:04   #10998
BANNED

Folks,
Need a little help,Gurgaon Mahindra first choice is offering a Feb 2013 white Brio EMT run 14K for 4 lakhs. From the looks, the car looks clean and Mahindra's ready to offer the service history too, wanted to check is the price right or not,
Cheers
RD
Old 28th December 2015, 22:40   #10999
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks,
Need a little help,Gurgaon Mahindra first choice is offering a Feb 2013 white Brio EMT run 14K for 4 lakhs. From the looks, the car looks clean and Mahindra's ready to offer the service history too, wanted to check is the price right or not,
Cheers
RD
See the service history before paying any token/blocking amount. Can't insist enough on this.
Old 30th December 2015, 15:07   #11000
BHPian

Friends,
urgent inputs needed. My friend is looking to buy the below car. Its from a known source (Colleague). Please suggest the fair price to complete the deal.

Details of the car:
Maruti Swift VDi
Year Mfd & Registered - 2013
Kms covered : 23000
Seller is quoting 5L.

Car is not flood affected. Service history checked with MASS and its flawless.
Owner is selling the car as he is travelling overseas.
Old 30th December 2015, 20:09   #11001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks,
Cheers
RD
The price should be in 3s especially when it is a base model.
Old 30th December 2015, 20:14   #11002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablu View Post
Details of the car:
Maruti Swift VDi
Year Mfd & Registered - 2013
Kms covered : 23000
Seller is quoting 5L.

Car is not flood affected..
Looks like a fair deal given that the car has done only 23k and is from a known source.
Old 1st January 2016, 20:03   #11003
BHPian

Price of 2010 beat ls

Hi guys.I am planning to sell my 2010 Chevrolet beat done 38000kms. Its a Bangalore registered car. It's a single owner car. How much can I expect for it. Its in a decent condition. Dealers are quoting 1.75 lakhs for it.

Last edited by princezahed : 1st January 2016 at 20:05.
Old 1st January 2016, 20:10   #11004
BHPian

Re: Price of 2010 beat ls

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Hi guys.I am planning to sell my 2010 Chevrolet beat done 38000kms. Its a Bangalore registered car. It's a single owner car. How much can I expect for it. Its in a decent condition. Dealers are quoting 1.75 lakhs for it.
Beat petrol? Variant? Try Olx, you may get additional 40-50k from a direct buyer. It's not really a hot hatch in used car market considering service issues. BTW I love its looks.
Old 3rd January 2016, 13:47   #11005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Beat petrol? Variant? Try Olx, you may get additional 40-50k from a direct buyer. It's not really a hot hatch in used car market considering service issues. BTW I love its looks.
It is the earlier LS petrol model with power steering and a.c..
Old 3rd January 2016, 19:06   #11006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsingh13 View Post
The price should be in 3s especially when it is a base model.
VxI is not the base model, it is the intermediate model, in petrol. LxI would be the base model. So factor a 4.5 lakh or so price - might be ok to bargain a bit with your colleague. Or see if this offset by new tires / battery / any aftermarket accessories that you may have to install after a purchase etc.
Old 3rd January 2016, 19:14   #11007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
VxI is not the base model, it is the intermediate model, in petrol. LxI would be the base model.
I think the car in question is a Brio for which EMT is the base model. You might be correct about the price though.
Old 3rd January 2016, 19:30   #11008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0782 View Post
I think the car in question is a Brio for which EMT is the base model. You might be correct about the price though.
Hah, too many cars. Someone was asking about a swift vxi.

Your brio emt is definitely the base model, negotiate well down.
Old 3rd January 2016, 20:27   #11009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
VxI is not the base model, it is the intermediate model, in petrol. LxI would be the base model. So factor a 4.5 lakh or so price - might be ok to bargain a bit with your colleague. Or see if this offset by new tires / battery / any aftermarket accessories that you may have to install after a purchase etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0782 View Post
As already established, EMT is the base model. The price should be in around 3.20 lakhs is the car is in really good condition and if it is in superb and excellent condition then it should touch 3.50 lakhs. NOT MORE THAN THAT.

For confirmation, you can also check the Used Car evaluation at CarWale.
Old 5th January 2016, 14:58   #11010
BHPian

Hey folks,

Looking to sell 2012 Vento TDI Highline - 58k KMs on the odo. Very well maintained on the inside, fair amount of scuffs on the outside and an ugly bump on the driver side door. Service history available, no major accidents.

What sort of value am I looking at?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks