Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2016, 07:01   #11041
BHPian

I have come across a 2011 Nissan teana top end model, company owned and impeccably maintained with 40000Km on the odo here in Bangalore. Asking price is 13L. Car will be used only on weekends and highway drives as I have the other car for daily duties. Car drives and feels good and Shahwar Nissan has given a thumbs up on Maintainance and upkeep. Is this a fair price? What could be issues as I intend to keep this for atleast 5 years.
Old 14th January 2016, 10:17   #11042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I have come across a 2011 Nissan teana top end model, company owned and impeccably maintained with 40000Km on the odo here in Bangalore. Asking price is 13L. Car will be used only on weekends and highway drives as I have the other car for daily duties. Car drives and feels good and Shahwar Nissan has given a thumbs up on Maintainance and upkeep. Is this a fair price? What could be issues as I intend to keep this for atleast 5 years.
I don't know about the maintenance issues, but in next 5 years it's resale will be less than 5 L. Around 3 to 4.
Old 14th January 2016, 12:20   #11043
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
With rare cars such as the Teana, you cannot really put an exact estimate on how much they ought to cost. Some go for 10-11 lakhs and some go for upto 16lakhs so as long as you are satisfied with the car and feel that it is in your budget, go for it The car comes with the most sumptuous pampering interiors this side of 50lakhs. Teamed with the fact that it has Japanese reliability on its side, you ought to be happy with it for many years to come. It is my pick of the lot in the D segment if one is looking for comfort and I highly recommend it to you. If you ever come around to buying the car, please do the forum a favor and post an ownership review won't you
Old 14th January 2016, 16:06   #11044
BHPian

Quote:
That seems to be quite overpriced Ross. As per IBB, which is available at our very own Classifieds page (Link Below), the price of a 2011 Nissan Teana 250 XV in Bangalore, should be between Rs. 5.40 - Rs. 6.32 lakhs, depending on the condition of the vehicle.

I know that vehicles are mostly bought with the heart , and since you say that it is in excellent condition, I would think 7-8 lakhs is the maximum you should pay for it. Do consider that there may be some things that need to be fixed/replaced as well.

All the best! Please do let us know if you buy it, and goes without saying, please start an ownership report on this lovely vehicle if you do

IBB Link
Old 14th January 2016, 19:53   #11045
BHPian

Thanks for the reply guys.. Will definitely start an ownership thread if I acquire the car.

Car wale recommended price is about 13-15L and IBB is at 6.3L. How can be they vary so much? Little confused. Anyway let me use this to negotiate better. Let's see how things turn out.
Old 14th January 2016, 20:02   #11046
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply guys.. Will definitely start an ownership thread if I acquire the car.

Car wale recommended price is about 13-15L and IBB is at 6.3L. How can be they vary so much? Little confused. Anyway let me use this to negotiate better. Let's see how things turn out.
IBB uses Mumbai market rate as base for arriving at the shown price?? I would any day go with the Carwale prices & Bangalore being the most expensive on new & used cars, it seems to be a better option. You could also check with the dealership how much would they offer for the car. Even then, try to haggle generously - don't think Teana's are anyone's fav in the used market.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 14th January 2016 at 20:04.
Old 15th January 2016, 09:50   #11047
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Came across a linea tjet 2013 Dec emotion registered in Jan 2014. The person has asked me to quote a good price. What could I quote
Old 15th January 2016, 10:09   #11048
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Came across a linea tjet 2013 Dec emotion registered in Jan 2014. The person has asked me to quote a good price. What could I quote
Suggest you don't do that. The seller knows his car the best and should quote the price. You should get an idea of a good price( from experts here or elsewhere) , but do not reveal that before the seller quotes a price.
Old 16th January 2016, 22:21   #11049
BHPian

Friends, urgent inputs needed. What price to pay for the below car? Going to inspect the car tomorrow.

Car : Mahindra Quanto C4
Model : Jan 2013
kms done : 33000
condition : looks very good from photos. Vehicle has one more year of Mahindra shield warranty left. Insurance cover renewed last week. Yet to see the car in flesh though.

Owner is quoting 5L. Pls suggest the ideal price for this car at which the deal can be closed.
Old 16th January 2016, 22:43   #11050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablu View Post
Friends, urgent inputs needed. What price to pay for the below car? Going to inspect the car tomorrow.

Car : Mahindra Quanto C4
Model : Jan 2013
kms done : 33000
condition : looks very good from photos. Vehicle has one more year of Mahindra shield warranty left. Insurance cover renewed last week. Yet to see the car in flesh though.

Owner is quoting 5L. Pls suggest the ideal price for this car at which the deal can be closed.
My friend has bought a brand new quanto base model 2015 model for 6 lacs in delhi. I would suggest you to check with your local dealer for a new car if you are keen on quanto. They are running huge discounts.
nik0502 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 11:04   #11051
BHPian

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Suggest you don't do that. The seller knows his car the best and should quote the price. You should get an idea of a good price( from experts here or elsewhere) , but do not reveal that before the seller quotes a price.

It's a person known to me and hence he is expecting me to quote.

Points to consider.

1. The idv is around 5.5Lacs
2. Mileage is around 9 or 9.5.
3. Tires need a change.
4. Linea will be replaced by Aegea in a year or so.

I am guessing I should offer around 3.7Lacs. Correct me if I am wrong

Last edited by bharanidharang : 17th January 2016 at 11:13.
Old 17th January 2016, 11:40   #11052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
My friend has bought a brand new quanto base model 2015 model for 6 lacs in delhi. I would suggest you to check with your local dealer for a new car if you are keen on quanto. They are running huge discounts.
Thanks for the response nik. Came to know from a known source in mahindra that quanto c4 of MY2015 can be bought at ~6.8L on road post discounts.

BTW, I'm just back after inspecting the car. Condition is very good. Tyres will need a change after 5000 kms. Apart from that, vehicle is top notch inside out. However, the car is manufactured in 12/12 and registered in 01/13.
Pls help me with a fair price to seal the deal. T-bhp valuation throws me a figure of 4. 4 to 4. 69 lacs.
Old 17th January 2016, 16:05   #11053
BHPian

Friends, pls suggest on the above post of mine. Hav fixed an appointment with the owner for negotiations today evening.
Old 17th January 2016, 19:36   #11054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablu View Post
Friends, pls suggest on the above post of mine. Hav fixed an appointment with the owner for negotiations today evening.
Start at 4.4 be prepared to pay 4.5 or 4.6

But make sure a competent mechanic assesses the car first before you commit to a price. He can spot things other than just the worn out tyres you saw
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 22:06   #11055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
It's a person known to me and hence he is expecting me to quote.

Points to consider.

1. The idv is around 5.5Lacs
2. Mileage is around 9 or 9.5.
3. Tires need a change.
4. Linea will be replaced by Aegea in a year or so.

I am guessing I should offer around 3.7Lacs. Correct me if I am wrong

Help ! I need to close the deal this week

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks