Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2016, 00:45   #11446
BANNED

Need advice on buying a used Ford Fiesta.

Hello everyone,

I recently looked up a few online used car sites (including our own classified section) and found that Fiestas are in plenty. Most of them have done around 50k Kms and are about 2-3L.
I'm tempted to go for one, but I cannot decide on whether to get the Legendary 1.6 or the diesel 1.4 ( please advise based on reliability after 50k Kms) .
Also what are the other things that I might need to watch out for when going for a Used fiesta? And what are the things I might need to change (tyres probably?)?.
Also please suggest alternatives in the price bracket of 2-3 lakhs.
My usage = 45kms per day + Monthly once 300km

Thanks and cheers.
Old 17th July 2016, 03:37   #11447

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi Friends,

Would like to seek suggestion, I am planning to buy Hyundai Verna 1.6VTVT SX 2yrs old with 14.7K on odo in Pune. Can some one please let me know the price that I should be paying for a good deal. BTW seller has quoted 7.5 L.

Thanks in advance !!!
Old 17th July 2016, 09:23   #11448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Guys,

What can I expect on my Jan 2010 Honda City V-AT in white colour. The car is in very good condition and the odo is 58500 kms.
I sold my 2009 model SAT, no alloy wheels or sunroof version , which had 65000 kms in odometer, for 5.4 Lakh , last year. In my opinion 5.5 to 6.0 Lakh should be a good rate , if you can get one.
Old 19th July 2016, 16:21   #11449
BHPian

What should be the appropriate Value of a Tata Nano Lx ( That time top of the line ) with Ac in Yellow ?
My Father had given Nanos to his staff as run around cars and now its with me to sell it. I've recently got all the touchup work, front oem glass changed, dry cleaned, serviced, New fog lights etc etc just for selling it in good condition.
Its Gurgaon registered First Owner

Regards
Imran
Old 24th July 2016, 09:13   #11450
BHPian

What price should I pay for a 2012/2013 Toyota Corolla Altis AMT (petrol) run less than 1 lakh kms?
The offers currently range between 8-9.5 laks.

Thnx.
Old 27th July 2016, 07:45   #11451
BHPian

Friends,
Came across a Sonata Embera CRDi Late 2008 model with 67K on the Odo. I love this car from the day it came in Embera avatar and wanted to lay my hands on a good used example. If I buy, I intend to keep it for at least 5 years as my daily drive. Please suggest a fair price to close the deal. I hope there should not be any ownership hiccups as Embera is a well engineered car in terms of reliability. Stating this from my limited knowledge from Internet. Gurus here can comment on this which will be very helpful in the buying decision.
Old 29th July 2016, 09:18   #11452
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need advice on buying a used Ford Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezond666 View Post
I recently looked up a few online used car sites (including our own classified section) and found that Fiestas are in plenty. Most of them have done around 50k Kms and are about 2-3L.

Also what are the other things that I might need to watch out for when going for a Used fiesta?
Fiestas have an extremely low resale value and parts, fuel economy etc are likely to be a hassle even if they're a petrolhead's dream. That is a heart purchase not a head one.

Getting a good car at your budget is generally four or five year old swift / i10 / wagonr etc territory. Decent used sedans mean 5 lakh ++

As for what to look for please read the first few articles in this thread - and still have a trusted mechanic with you

Note - your usage pattern of 45 km per day and occasional 300 km trips is best suited to at least a c segment sedan like a Honda Amaze, Swift Dzire etc.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 10:09   #11453
BHPian

I have been offered a 2007 Civic(Silver) which has about 70,000 km, second owner. The asking price is 3L. The car is getting serviced and it's from a known source who is in the used car trade. Any words of wisdom about the Civic specifically the maintenance around 1 lakh km and age factor? It has been my eye-candy for quite sometime.
Old 29th July 2016, 10:09   #11454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran Ahmad Ali View Post
What should be the appropriate Value of a Tata Nano Lx ( That time top of the line ) with Ac in Yellow ?
My Father had given Nanos to his staff as run around cars and now its with me to sell it. I've recently got all the touchup work, front oem glass changed, dry cleaned, serviced, New fog lights etc etc just for selling it in good condition.
Its Gurgaon registered First Owner

Regards
Imran
Anything between 80k to 100k should be a good price. Most people would start looking for a Nano if their budget is less than 100k (even I did that )
Try looking for a direct customer because agents are usually reluctant to sell a Nano and even if they take the car they quote prices which are at least 10k less than the market rate.
Thanks.
Old 29th July 2016, 21:33   #11455
BHPian

What should be the selling price of this?
RITZ VDI- Feb 2012 - Manufactured jan 2012- Ensured
Kilometers run: 20520 (Yeah, after first two years running was less_
Still on Original tyres
Serviced only at INDUS Motors (Authorised Maruti sellers)
Under Maruti Service package.
Minor scratches on front Bumper (City ride along with Morons on the road)
Old 2nd August 2016, 08:17   #11456
BHPian

Friends, how much should a 2015 model Duster RxZ AWD model with about 10000 kms on the Odometer cost?

Though this model would have cost upwards of 15 Lakhs on road till this March, post the launch of the 2016 Duster, the 2015 Duster RxZ AWD is being sold by Authorised dealers at about 14 Lakhs i.e., a discount of about Rs. 2 Lakhs on the new one.
Old 3rd August 2016, 16:34   #11457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringlawyer View Post
Friends, how much should a 2015 model Duster RxZ AWD model with about 10000 kms on the Odometer cost?

Though this model would have cost upwards of 15 Lakhs on road till this March, post the launch of the 2016 Duster, the 2015 Duster RxZ AWD is being sold by Authorised dealers at about 14 Lakhs i.e., a discount of about Rs. 2 Lakhs on the new one.
11 to 11.5L would be a fair price if it's in mint condition.
Do check service history before buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
What should be the selling price of this?
RITZ VDI- Feb 2012 - Manufactured jan 2012- Ensured
Kilometers run: 20520 (Yeah, after first two years running was less_
Still on Original tyres
Serviced only at INDUS Motors (Authorised Maruti sellers)
Under Maruti Service package.
Minor scratches on front Bumper (City ride along with Morons on the road)
I guess its a Non ABS variant. You can expect 4.1 to 4.3L if its in good condition.

Last edited by djay99 : 3rd August 2016 at 16:37.
djay99 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 10:51   #11458
BHPian

Hi Guys

I am currently in market and looking for pre-worshipped Civic or Cedia, What would be a fair price for below cars

Honda Civic 2010 VMT
50K driven single owner Thane Passing
Asking price 3.80

Mitsubishi Cedia 2010 New Sport
40k Driven Single owner Mumbai Passing
Asking price 4.50

80k Driven Single owner Mumbai passing
Asking price 3.50

A friend of mine used to deal in cars and have told me both these models are very slow moving and for these one its a buyers market, though Cedias are less in nos. they don’t fetch such a high resale.

e.g above mentioned both Cedia are of same vintage and variant but a whooping lac rupee difference in asking price hence need to know fair price.

Any additional pointers are welcome.
Old 5th August 2016, 11:00   #11459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
Hi Guys

I am currently in market and looking for pre-worshipped Civic or Cedia, What would be a fair price for below cars

Honda Civic 2010 VMT
50K driven single owner Thane Passing
Asking price 3.80

40k Driven Single owner Mumbai Passing
Asking price 4.50

80k Driven Single owner Mumbai passing
Asking price 3.50

A friend of mine used to deal in cars and have told me both these models are very slow moving and for these one its a buyers market, though Cedias are less in nos. they don’t fetch such a high resale.

e.g above mentioned both Cedia are of same vintage and variant but a whooping lac rupee difference in asking price hence need to know fair price.

Any additional pointers are welcome.
No doubt, Cedia is gem of a Car, but I would suggest you to look at Cedia if you want only CEDIA. I know few people who own Cedia and understand that it is very difficult to source most of the spare parts and maintenance is also on a higher side and they choose to buy Cedia because they wanted only Cedia and not any other car.

You can either look at Civic or Corolla and there are plenty available in market for sale at very good prices. I bought a 2006 Corolla H5 last September at 44k odo for 3.1 lakh at Bangalore and enjoying my drive. Prices in Mumbai are quite cheaper compared to Bangalore. Price of Civic you mentioned above looks good. In Bangalore the same model is going at around 4.5 lakhs or even more.

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 5th August 2016 at 11:04.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 11:07   #11460
BHPian

I own a Cedia 2008 model 60k driven.
The resale market for the Cedia is very less, and the guy who is asking 4.5L is going to keep asking for a very long time.

A six year old cedia, today, whatever the running, should not fetch more than 2.5L in the resale market.

Both the Cedia models will have basic suspension overhaul required, actually if the 80k driven Cedia is behaving nicely during your test ride, the chances are the previous owner has done the overhaul for you.

When taking a test ride for the Cedia check the following:
1. Take it over rough roads at a speed of 40kmph and listen for suspension noises
2. Take it on the highway if possible upto a speed of 140 kmph and check steering wobble, etc.
3. Brake hard at high speed and check if braking is satisfactory (before doing this ask the owner if brake calipers and brake pads and rotors are in ok shape!!)
4. Any creaks and rattles can be fixed easily by tightening and greasing stuff, the car is very robust mechanically.

Ask if gearbox oil has been replaced at 40k intervals.

The Civic has the revised suspension, and spares and service support from Honda is 10 times better than Mitsubishi, so you may find paying approx 3.5L reasonable for the Civic.

But for driving pleasure, ergonomics and the "special" feeling, Cedia is much better than Civic.
abeerbagul is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed