Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 12:09   #1696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
My Friend is buying a used 800. Please check whether this offer is good or not...

Maruti 800 with AC.
Year:2003
Second Owner
Odo: 40K KMS
Asking Price: Rs.80,000
Price seems OK, if the car is in good condition, still try and negotiate a bit, maybe another 5-10k.
Old 19th May 2010, 12:50   #1697
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi,
Can anyone say what would be the price for a 2005-2007 Alto in Bangalore? My friend was looking for one and on checking in MarutiTruevalue website found most to be in 2.5Lac range. Agreed normally in Truevalue price range is some 20-30k above the market rates, but still the range shown was on higher side i felt.
Old 19th May 2010, 12:59   #1698
BHPian

Carwale prices are good most of the times. But, it did not yeild as expected.
For my XETA, it quoted 2.2L for 2008 model. But, in Bangalore I hardly found any buyer for a Indica Petrol. Most of them stopped at 1.5-1.6L. After lot of negotiation, i had to sell my Indica XETA for just 1.6L for a Jan 2008 model.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:23   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Hi,
Can anyone say what would be the price for a 2005-2007 Alto in Bangalore? My friend was looking for one and on checking in MarutiTruevalue website found most to be in 2.5Lac range. Agreed normally in Truevalue price range is some 20-30k above the market rates, but still the range shown was on higher side i felt.
2.5 lacs for >3 year old Alto? Ask your friend to buy new one.best option.
Old 19th May 2010, 16:51   #1700
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Hi,
My brother has a 2005 Alto Lxi with 50,000 km on the odo. He went to TrueValue and they offered him just Rs. 1.5 Lacs.

Does this mean TrueValue keeps a margin of 30 - 40% on cars they sell?
Old 19th May 2010, 17:40   #1701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
My brother has a 2005 Alto Lxi with 50,000 km on the odo. He went to TrueValue and they offered him just Rs. 1.5 Lacs.

Does this mean TrueValue keeps a margin of 30 - 40% on cars they sell?
Yes, my uncle sold his 2005 Alto Lxi in my home town in Kerala for 1.9lac while exchanging it for a Ritz.
He thought it was a good deal inspite of the normal exchange rate being around 2lac since he was to get some discounts on his Ritz. So as a whole worked out better for him.

Even though second hand rates in Bangalore are on higher side, 2.2Lac+ is bit and this at a time when used car markets are flooded with second hand Alto's.

You can check out the true value website and check the prices mentioned there. Based on that 1.5lac seems too much on the down side, may be 1.8 range will be possible after some negotiation for a vehicle run 50k Km's.
Old 19th May 2010, 17:42   #1702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
However there is still chance of getting a decent OHC at a decent price in cochin itself, but will take a lot of time and patience.
Pramod
"Patience is not one of my virtues" -> Demolition Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
Hey yzkrj, if registration is not an issue for you then please check the classifieds section in Team-bhp, I saw a Honda City 1.5 exi, doctor owned car put for sale.
Pssst... don't tell anyone. That's the car I'm talking about here.
Thanks anyway mate, Appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
i dont know what is so special about doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
One thing i don't understand why does Doctor Owned sells in premium?
Personally I don't see the point. Doctor owner usually mean "driver drive" in my book. Bye bye clutch.

I think my reply above clears it.

Probably when I sell my car I should say in bold letter S/W Engineer owned (Read : Car sitting idle as there is no time to drive between Project deadline . My car has done 3000Kms in the past 9 Months so go figure. That is also I don't care about Fuel Efficiency, I use very little of the stuff. Less carbon foot print you see.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Lady driven cars will also demand more resale. These are the selling tactics from the dealers. I have personally seen how lady driven cars are maintained, I would stay away from it, reasons being riding the clutch, driving at high speeds in low gears, going fast over potholes, driving the car oblivious to the fact that one of the tyres have punctured.

Note - These are my perceptual view & no offense meant to lady drivers.
True for most drivers of the fairer sex. However here are "few" exceptionally good lady drivers.
As you correctly mentioned its just "tactics".
Old 20th May 2010, 22:41   #1703
BHPian

2008 NHC VTEC +! experts and owners advise

Hi all,

I came across a well maintained 20K run 2008 NHC VTEC + with ABS and airbags, Madurai (TN) reg, single owner and all papers good, what would be the best price and what should I expect in terms of performance as I already own ANHC, just want to get another honda.

Cheers,

makesh.
Old 21st May 2010, 01:30   #1704
BHPian

Mahindra Renault Logan 1.4 GLX 2008 19k done... 2.75lack..good buy??? Please suggest.

Hello friends,

I've shortlisted a very good condition Renault Logan 2008 model 18600 km on odo. This is 1.4 GTX top model with all 4 power window, power steering, sony mp3 with usb and 4 pioneer speaker and great quality beige elegant seat covers. The tires have 35% tread left on it and the boot tyre is in stock condition with 0 usage.
The VIN on the chasis of car reads 8ZA which shows its january 2008 manufactured. Its a while colored car with Haryana registration.

The guy has finally agreed on 2.75 lack deal. I somehow feel that the price is high considering that the tie-up is over and there is nothing certain which way it would head. I really liked the car for its handling and performance is good as per my requisite.

Please suggest me what should be the ideal price for this renault logan. If 2.75 is ideal or if there is scope of negotiation.

PS: Mods please excuse for posting it earlier in the wrong section.
Old 21st May 2010, 01:56   #1705
BHPian

My friend is planning to buy a used Chevrolet Optra. He has seen a 2004 model, 93000 on odometer and he would be the fifth owner!
Would that be a good buy? I guess soon he would have to go in for servicing for parts such as timing belt, AC etc.

Any ideas about the indicative price for the car?
Old 21st May 2010, 10:29   #1706
evo
BHPian

2004. 5th Owner! Promiscuous car eh!
Old 21st May 2010, 10:37   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jods View Post
My friend is planning to buy a used Chevrolet Optra. He has seen a 2004 model, 93000 on odometer and he would be the fifth owner!
Would that be a good buy? I guess soon he would have to go in for servicing for parts such as timing belt, AC etc.

Wow...it looks like this car changes her boy friends every season. Better avoid this beauty may run away from your friend as well next season.

Jokes apart, a car sold 4 times in such a short span should be really avoided I think. You never know who all have taken her for a ride and how much it could be abused.
Old 21st May 2010, 19:56   #1708
BHPian

Folks, How much premium does a VTEC has over the "normal" OHC (Type 2).

Assumption, both are in same condition, odo reading etc.
Old 21st May 2010, 20:26   #1709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jods View Post

I'll give around 90 K for the car who changes its owners faster than its engine oil. 90K only if it comes with 6 months warranty.

Cutting the crap, AVOID this car. There are many great deals for Optras hence look elsewhere.

@yzfrj

Hardly any. A recent check at Chandigarh used car mart showed that the difference either does not exist or is as less as 5-15K.

Dealers aren't really aware what that engine means to us petrolheads.

Regards.
Old 21st May 2010, 20:32   #1710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Dealers aren't really aware what that engine means to us petrolheads.
Regards.
I hope the same was true here too. But its not.
Wish me luck anyways. I hope the "end" will be a happy one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks