Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2017, 12:38   #12181
BHPian

My uncle has a Rexton AT 2014 model. It's been driven for around 10500 kms. He wants to sell this off. How much should he expect? It's a clean car, no interior exterior damage.
Old 21st July 2017, 13:23   #12182
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

The never ending quest for a Gypsy continues. Found one with the following specs :

1996 Model, Second Owner, clocked about 75,000 kms (but could be more), has an a/c but says the a/c needs some work on it. That apart,the current chap whose selling has maintained it quite ok, just needs some minor body work here and there.

He's asking for the princely sum of 1,80,000. Have seen it in a second hand card dealers yard for over 2 months now.. What do you think would be a good price one could quote for this ?

The background to this being, it certainly wouldn't be my daily ride.. Just for weekend jaunts in and around town.

Thanks in advance for any help folks...

Last edited by auxsend : 21st July 2017 at 13:29. Reason: addition
Old 21st July 2017, 13:51   #12183
Senior - BHPian

This is probably going to be an 1,75,000 km vehicle with a tampered odo. Buy it for 1 lakh or maybe 1 lakh 20 at the most, and after a trusted mechanic has confirmed it.

You are better off buying from police / airports authority of india etc auctions rather than from 2nd hand dealers.
Old 21st July 2017, 14:01   #12184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilot View Post
Quoting my own post. The owner isn't budging further, price may be finalised to 6 Lakh now. It seems reasonable, since he paid around 11.xx lakhs in 2015. Is it a good deal? Or am I missing anything here?

As long as you don't intend to sell it anytime soon, and nothing is wrong with the car, pick it up.
You cannot get a better car at 6l. The car is practically brand new, infact, just run in for you by the first owner, at 45 percent off list price.
Old 21st July 2017, 14:20   #12185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
This is probably going to be an 1,75,000 km vehicle with a tampered odo. Buy it for 1 lakh or maybe 1 lakh 20 at the most, and after a trusted mechanic has confirmed it.

You are better off buying from police / airports authority of india etc auctions rather than from 2nd hand dealers.
Hi hserus and thanks for the info. It's actually originally an AAI vehicle. The current owner bought it from them. Didn't think of the 1,75,000 tampered odo bit. In terms of a price, i was thinking of somewhere around 75,000 INR, but don't want to insult the chap in the bargain.

I originally saw the vehicle with a dealer and i think since the dealer couldn't sell it, the owner has take it back and now trying to sell on his own. Are the re-sales fof these Gypsy/ Jeeps this slow normally ? Regular cars normally one could sell in a day or two literally.
Old 21st July 2017, 15:24   #12186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxsend View Post
Hi hserus and thanks for the info. It's actually originally an AAI vehicle. The current owner bought it from them. Didn't think of the 1,75,000 tampered odo bit. In terms of a price, i was thinking of somewhere around 75,000 INR, but don't want to insult the chap in the bargain.

I originally saw the vehicle with a dealer and i think since the dealer couldn't sell it, the owner has take it back and now trying to sell on his own. Are the re-sales fof these Gypsy/ Jeeps this slow normally ? Regular cars normally one could sell in a day or two literally.

Hi auxsend,

Which city you are from. I am planning to sell mine. Tried sending you a PM but was unable to. Let me know if you are still interested. Mine is available in NCR.
Old 21st July 2017, 18:38   #12187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi auxsend,

Which city you are from. I am planning to sell mine. Tried sending you a PM but was unable to. Let me know if you are still interested. Mine is available in NCR.
Hi nik0502, i'm way down in chennai. Might be a bit of shunt to get it across here and also not sure of all the formality involved in transferring registrations from one state to another. Am a newbie here and so i think I'm not allowed to send/ receive PM.

What's the spec on the Gypsy though ?
Old 21st July 2017, 20:35   #12188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi nik0502, i'm way down in chennai. Might be a bit of shunt to get it across here and also not sure of all the formality involved in transferring registrations from one state to another. Am a newbie here and so i think I'm not allowed to send/ receive PM.

What's the spec on the Gypsy though ?
Transferring a car between states takes months. You also end up having to pay road tax afresh on the vehicle.
Old 21st July 2017, 20:43   #12189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Transferring a car between states takes months. You also end up having to pay road tax afresh on the vehicle.
How easy it for the registrations for vehicles bought at auctions (Military/ Police) and then registering the same in the state where one resides ?
Old 21st July 2017, 21:11   #12190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How easy it for the registrations for vehicles bought at auctions (Military/ Police) and then registering the same in the state where one resides ?
Should be straightforward as long as you buy in the same state where the auction is.
Old 22nd July 2017, 07:44   #12191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
My uncle has a Rexton AT 2014 model. It's been driven for around 10500 kms. He wants to sell this off. How much should he expect? It's a clean car, no interior exterior damage.

What city is this ???
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:28   #12192
BHPian

Hello Members, What should be the estimate to sell my beloved CHEVROLET CAPTIVA AUTOMATIC LTZ AWD. Kindly checkout the details below:
Make: Chevrolet
Model: CAPTIVA AUTOMATIC (Ideal for heavy traffic Indian scenerio)
Trim: LTZ AWD (Automatic), 7 Seater (Perfect for big families)
Color: White
Year: Nov 2010
KMs: 1,58,000
Owner: 2nd
Condtion: Tyres 100% new, Cosmetic Fair
City: Amritsar, Punjab
My Est. Price: Rs.6 lakhs

PS: Thanks to its Automatic transmission & 7 seating capacity, This car is ideal for long travelling specially on hill stations with big family of 7 members. Alternate options with same practical features comes in FORD ENDEAVOUR & TOYOTA FORTUNER which costs premium in used car market.
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:53   #12193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYSTEMIZED View Post
Hello Members, What should be the estimate to sell my beloved CHEVROLET CAPTIVA AUTOMATIC LTZ AWD. Kindly checkout the details below:
Make: Chevrolet
Model: CAPTIVA AUTOMATIC (Ideal for heavy traffic Indian scenerio)
Trim: LTZ AWD (Automatic), 7 Seater (Perfect for big families)
Color: White
Year: Nov 2010
KMs: 1,58,000
Owner: 2nd
Condtion: Tyres 100% new, Cosmetic Fair
City: Amritsar, Punjab
My Est. Price: Rs.6 lakhs

PS: Thanks to its Automatic transmission & 7 seating capacity, This car is ideal for long travelling specially on hill stations with big family of 7 members. Alternate options with same practical features comes in FORD ENDEAVOUR & TOYOTA FORTUNER which costs premium in used car market.
Should be somewhere around 2.5-3 lakhs, captiva is doing extremely badly in the 2nd hand market plus Chevrolet closing down plus the high mileage.
Immediately sell if you get a deal above 3 lakhs
I myself have a 2009 35000km driven black manual that's not even getting sold, price notwithstanding.
Old 22nd July 2017, 14:20   #12194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYSTEMIZED View Post
Sounds like a good buy at maybe 2.5-3 lakhs.

In fact, if you like the car so much you really ought to keep it.
Old 22nd July 2017, 16:25   #12195
BHPian

My uncle has a Rexton AT 2014 model. It's been driven for around 10500 kms. He wants to sell this off. How much should he expect? It's a clean car, no interior exterior damage

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks