Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2008, 12:06   #781
BHPian

Remember the Fiesta?

Any news on Ford Fiesta numbers for feb '08?
Old 7th March 2008, 12:52   #782
BHPian

The SX4 is now third in C segment behind both the Verna and the NHC. Seems like the poor FE image is beginning to hurt it.
Old 7th March 2008, 12:59   #783
Senior - BHPian

Sx4 FE is not that bad.It returns arround 14-15 kmpl on the populated highways of kerela.So thats not bad at all compared to verna or fiesta mileage.NHC returns arround 17 kmpl here so the difference is 2-3 km pl.Considering the nature of features in sx4 and the price i feel sx4 should be the winner.
ram
Old 7th March 2008, 14:25   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi View Post
At the competitive pricing combined with passenger/boot space and fuel economy, Logan will give a tough fight for Indigo especially in the cab segment. Maruti and Hyundai have lost out the edge they had in compact sedan market (Esteem/Accent). Now its Tata Vs Mahindra
With the further price cut due to the excise duty cut, the Indigo will zoom away I suppose.
Old 7th March 2008, 15:24   #785
Senior - BHPian

Yeah suddenly SX4 sales are going down. I heard that many people complaining about its poor quality of interiors. Any comments???
Old 7th March 2008, 15:26   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi View Post
At the competitive pricing combined with passenger/boot space and fuel economy, Logan will give a tough fight for Indigo especially in the cab segment. Maruti and Hyundai have lost out the edge they had in compact sedan market (Esteem/Accent). Now its Tata Vs Mahindra

Patience my friends Swift Dzire is coming. It will soon be Maruti Vs Tata Vs Mahindra!
Old 7th March 2008, 16:30   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Sx4 FE is not that bad.It returns arround 14-15 kmpl on the populated highways of kerela.So thats not bad at all compared to verna or fiesta mileage.NHC returns arround 17 kmpl here so the difference is 2-3 km pl.Considering the nature of features in sx4 and the price i feel sx4 should be the winner.
ram
Agree with you Ram. Just that the market seems to thinks otherwise.
Old 7th March 2008, 16:40   #788
BHPian

I Have a SX4, it gives me 12 kmpl in the city and close to 14 kmpl on the highway. The interiors are also very good so that cant be the problem. I feel that the sales were down because of the budget, it will pickup again.
Old 7th March 2008, 17:31   #789
BHPian

Ford Fiesta in Feb

Today's Economic Times reports that Ford Fiesta sold 1600 units in Feb
Old 7th March 2008, 17:42   #790
BHPian

The fuel price hike is clearly affecting this segment now. People prefer diesels with the exception of efficient NHC. SX4 will have trouble ahead with its image of a petrol guzzler.
Old 7th March 2008, 17:46   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
I Have a SX4, it gives me 12 kmpl in the city and close to 14 kmpl on the highway. The interiors are also very good so that cant be the problem. I feel that the sales were down because of the budget, it will pickup again.
The figures look decent for "big car" like SX4. The problem is when we compare it with NHC which clearly has a better lux feel and mileage. And the others are diesel. I am sure the sale of Petrol Verna will be negligible.
Old 7th March 2008, 17:46   #792
Senior - BHPian

Price reduction in Logan is yielding i guess. I also heard that commercial operators are more interested in this vehicle. So, Indigo vs Logan is it?
Old 7th March 2008, 18:06   #793
BHPian

i10 Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Price reduction in Logan is yielding i guess. I also heard that commercial operators are more interested in this vehicle. So, Indigo vs Logan is it?

Any information on the COTY 2008 - Hyundai i10.Did it overtook its closest competitor SPARK?
Old 7th March 2008, 18:29   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
The figures look decent for "big car" like SX4. The problem is when we compare it with NHC which clearly has a better lux feel and mileage. And the others are diesel. I am sure the sale of Petrol Verna will be negligible.
I dont agree with that, the interiors of SX 4 is far better, it is roomier or atleast it gives you that feeling, another problem that I found with NHC was that it has very bad pickup, even my wifes swift is faster in comparison. I feel it is just Honda's brand name that is making it achieve the numbers. Fuel effeciency is better for sure that is the only plus I found in the NHC.
Old 7th March 2008, 19:30   #795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
I dont agree with that, the interiors of SX 4 is far better, it is roomier or atleast it gives you that feeling, another problem that I found with NHC was that it has very bad pickup, even my wifes swift is faster in comparison. I feel it is just Honda's brand name that is making it achieve the numbers. Fuel effeciency is better for sure that is the only plus I found in the NHC.
NHC is more of a practical car & its surely got awesome interiors . SX4 interiors is ok. i personally think its not great for a car with 8L price.
Its true Honda s brand name is main reason why it sells. We cant expect
amazing pickup in a 77bhp hood.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks