Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 11:53   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!

OT: Spike Arrestor, its a pleasure to see you participating in a non-M&M thread

(No offense meant )
Old 25th February 2011, 12:45   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
All complaints are referred to the dealer.
Unfortunately the dealerships, today, are allotted merely on the basis of financial backing and not on technical grounds even in the least sense. When a dealer does not know the difference between a complaint and note of thanks, we can understand their intrepretation of english language. This highlights their lack of common sense.

If HMIL is serious about the Indian market and really wants to show how committed it is, the first thing the company should do is bring all their erring dealerships, Regional offices and technical staff to task.
Old 25th February 2011, 12:58   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkanchan View Post
If HMIL is serious about the Indian market and really wants to show how committed it is, the first thing the company should do is bring all their erring dealerships, Regional offices and technical staff to task.
IIRC, there is an email ID where customers can address their grievances, any other such IDs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
OT: Spike Arrestor, its a pleasure to see you participating in a non-M&M thread

(No offense meant )
Sirji, no offense taken. I am a petrol head first, then an employee. I am really surprised to read some comments regarding Hyundai service teams, hence this participation.

Spike

Last edited by SPIKE ARRESTOR : 25th February 2011 at 12:59.
Old 25th February 2011, 13:17   #109
BHPian

Spike the said ID only adds to the customer's grievances. HMIL's customer care is the biggest joke of the country. The standard lines are always sent as a reply, whihc makes one wonder if the customer greivances are actually read by human beings. The e-mail always assures of service but never delivers. A customer expects a genuine, careful approach to the problem not some sterotyped e-mail full of assurances. Instead of this stereotyped e-mail, the companies should bring in more clarity of their approach to the complaint resolution.

If a complaint has been made against the A.S.S, isn;t it the compnay's responsibility to check the dealership. Let the company appoint dealerships at its will based on whatever criteria, but take responsibilty for appointing the key positions such as Service Advisors/Works Managers. IMHO, the SA and WM should possess atleast a Diploma in Mech/Auto engineering. There should be a continuous evaluation of these appointed people, based on customer feedback. I know this sound out of the way but this is one approach the companies should think of adopting in case they are serious about the Indian market.

Last edited by saurabhkanchan : 25th February 2011 at 13:24.
Old 25th February 2011, 15:26   #110
Senior - BHPian

I know of a few cases where I was taken interview by company people for working at dealership (both hero honda and honda) . It's another thing that I never joined them inspite of repeated calls.

JCB was another case where for Dealership the local JCB Company rep took my interview, I worked there for a brief.

Off Topic I did B.E. in Automotive Engineering.
Old 25th February 2011, 16:07   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
I know of a few cases where I was taken interview by company people for working at dealership (both hero honda and honda)
Is this the reason we dont hear many complaints coming out from Hero Honda and honda customers?

in smaller cities, the SSC pass/fail sons of owners of the dealership double up as the service engineer. Their only qualification for the post : money. When the company appoints a dealer for a smaller circle, they know mighty well that these would feed the nearby towns, cities and in some cases district(the Junagadh district dealership feeds Junagadh city, Keshod, Veraval, Una, porbandar). Isnt it the responsibility of the company is such cases to ensure that one dealership can provide quality service to the entire neighbouring towns. In cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, people hvae a wider range to choose from and you generally find engineers in the capacity of SA/WM, but not in smaller towns.

In these towns people are not enthusiasts, they view car only something that runs on four wheels and transports people from point A to point B. It does not matter whether the car rattles, rumbles or roars. Infact, tsome people even say if a car doesn rattle what will.

A friend of mine who runs a Maruti A.S.S in Junagadh is an automobile engineer. He can diagnose any problem in the car over the phone, such is his fame now that not only Maruti cars, but other brand owners prefer to come to his workshop rather than run to the Dealer. He keeps himself updated about the advances in Automotive world and is a continuous learner. Such peopl are hard to find today with a passion for vehicles and also knowledge.

Last edited by saurabhkanchan : 25th February 2011 at 16:12.
Old 26th February 2011, 02:11   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All HMIL dealerships are run by people who have absolutely no passion for cars, they are in only for the money.
Sorry to pick out one line seemingly out of context from your long post, but I always feel this statement applies to 90% dealerships and ASC of all brands in the country.
Old 26th February 2011, 08:23   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
I always feel this statement applies to 90% dealerships and ASC of all brands in the country.

@architect, correction noted

When one hear lines like "mujhe maera paisa mil jaana chahiye" (translated : i shoud get my money),in reference to a car with premature corrosion coming straight from the dealer, the frustration will be obvious. The dealer was not interested in solving the problem, only money is his concern. His passion for what is obvious

When there is a choice for the customer, the competition gets tougher but in smaller towns it is not the case. The dealer for Junagadh district is completely in for the money and has been incapable of solving any of the issues with the vehicle. But one visit to Rajkot dealership has solved all nagging problems with the car (except steering rattle).
Old 26th February 2011, 23:45   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When there is a choice for the customer, the competition gets tougher but in smaller towns it is not the case.
It is this, primarily, which is a such a farce in the name of the so-called After Sales Support which companies promise. The ideal situation is when all A.S.S. are at an equal level of competence. But that never happens. Its not the money that an A.S.S. makes, its the attitude.
Old 26th February 2011, 23:51   #115
Team-BHP Support

No response after the customer care call from dealer. I have got some escalation id's plan to use it by Monday. I think I have given them enough time to respond
Old 27th February 2011, 08:14   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I have got some escalation id's plan to use it by Monday.
I say don't bother. You will only end up being disappointed and you will be fuming at their non-response.

In my case, I had couriered to the company( Hyundai RO Ahmedabad/Mumbai, Mktg & Sales HQ New Delhi, and the factory in TN) a detailed report( incl photographs, videos and a full 30 page file) of the circus & experiments that had been going on with my car and how "competent" the A/S.S in Junagadh is, those people did not bother to respond. As I had said earlier, Hyundai should be ashamed of their one liners and should change them to immediately "Caring for you......Never(Always)!!!!!!"

When these people take a complaint raised in the court so lightly, you think they care about some customer who raises repeated complaints? I mean Hyundai is bloody joke when it comes to addressing customer complaints. Now, Hyundai comes up with a new ad for the World Cup saying "New thinking...New possibilites". I can only laugh at that ad. It should be more like "Old thinking...Old impossibilites".

Last edited by skanchan95 : 27th February 2011 at 08:39.
Old 27th February 2011, 08:21   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Its not the money that an A.S.S. makes, its the attitude.
the so-called ideal situation can never exist in India. As you rightly pointed out, its the attitude that makes the dealer not the money. But today its the exact opposite, any tom, dick and harry can be a dealer today, the company only says show me the money. There is just a minority of the dealerships that can actually solve problems with the car, the majority just plays along.

Replace, replace replace, this is the most common word any customer gets to hear from the A.S.S. And what happens to the part removed from the vehicle, well, from what i have seen at the dealer in Junagadh, it goes into a brand new car. Shocked? Yes this is what the dealer had done with the rack removed from our i-20. Unable to solve the issue, the dealer decided to swap parts with a brand new vehicle (even that did not solve the issue), hoping desperately that the issue would just go away(and so would we).

Instead of getting to the root of the issue, the issue is passed it on to the next prospective buyer.

@jaggu, HMIL will not respond, even if you give them another year to respond they will not. They will call yours an isolated case and dismiss it. All A.S.S are today advocating the replace rather than repair philosophy, while it works in favour of the customer during the warranty period, it dents a hole when the warranty expires. If a part is replaced, and the job ins carried out competently, the part will lasts its lifetime. In our case, the frequent replacement of the rack and incompetent job work by the Junagadh dealer has resulted in premature and uneven wear of the tyres. As the latest Hyundai advertisement advocate, "new thinking, new possibilities", let us no longer call this the common man's car. Infact Hyundai is trying to turn itself into a premium brand and going by the after sales service/support, Hyundai will definitely be the worst of the lot.

Last edited by saurabhkanchan : 27th February 2011 at 08:23.
Old 27th February 2011, 16:08   #118
BHPian

Jaggu: As an alternative, just share this Team BHP Thread on the whole experience which has around 9000 views and 100 plus postings. Should make some reactions with HMIL?
Old 27th February 2011, 19:08   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
No response after the customer care call from dealer. I have got some escalation id's plan to use it by Monday. I think I have given them enough time to respond
Suggest you also write to these people:

Y.K. Lee
Senior General Manager – Audit & Planning
email: 7735474@hmil.net

T N Madhan Raj
Manager - Audit & Planning
email: madhanraj@hmil.net

K S Hariharan
Deputy Manager - Audit & Planning
email: kshariharan@hmil.net

K Sandeep Chirania
Deputy Manager - Audit & Planning
email: sandeepchirania@hmil.net
Old 27th February 2011, 23:37   #120
BANNED

^^
Even if you mail
Mr. H W Park
MD & CEO , HMIL
hwpark@hmil.net

Nothing going to happen.

An update of my i20, the car's steering rattle is back to the core, I have given then 4 Chances, and they failed miserably.

I will be sending a formal letter to the company and the dealer soon and heading to the consumer court for seeking compensation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks