Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2015, 10:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed

The Civic is confirmed launch this September.

With this generation, Honda is officially stopping the Hybrid and CNG models of the Civic, as they feel, the Civic sedans of the future, starting from the 10 gen will be inherently Sporty and fuel efficient in its natural avatar itself.

A new beginning, they say, and we hope!

Take a look, how the new breed of VTEC Turbo's are gonna work;
http://world.honda.com/automobile-te...rbo/index.html

Last edited by sarathlal : 16th June 2015 at 10:49.
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 18:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: 10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed

Honda seems to carry the City's center AC vents to the new Civic's design. Hope to see the 1.6 liter diesel on this civic to make it a huge success.
Old 16th June 2015, 22:03   #33
BHPian

I think what I see in these pics look more like a next gen City than Civic. The ICE is taken right from the current gen City. Exterior design, though camouflaged, doesn't look something radical either. If this is really a production spec car then I'll miss the layered dash with digital speedo as well. Question is whether Honda will consider Civic for India or not. I really hope they do after such a nice sales trend of the City. 1.6L turbo vtec is yummy. A good diesel will give them some good numbers and will give Corolla a run for its money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
The pics look like sturdy but totally unattractive plastic to me.
I think it's too early to comment on the plastic quality. I don't think it can be properly judged from the pics.
Old 2nd July 2015, 09:49   #34
BHPian

Just came across the thread.

I like the exteriors especially the C pillar and rear and interiors are beautiful. Hope the car gets launcehd in India as it is.

I'm worried about the price. Hope Honda gets this right.

If the reports are true about the launch this year i might go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
I think it's too early to comment on the plastic quality. I don't think it can be properly judged from the pics.
Yes, you cannot comment on the plastic quality on a test car. The plastics on my 2007 Civic still feels great and holds well. So I will not doubt the quality at all.
Old 14th August 2015, 19:21   #35
BHPian

Wow !! What a looker. I wish they would at least release it with 17" alloys in India and maintain the same body kit.

I kind of feel that it looks similar to a 3 GT from the side profile, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

A 2.0 L engine generating at least north of 150 or so horses would give it a much needed boost in that category.
Old 10th September 2015, 21:35   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

The all-new Civic has been caught testing yet again by the WorldCarFans team.

This particular test mule seems to be a higher variant, since it was spied with a full touchscreen Head Unit inside, unlike the earlier spied mule which had the non-touchscreen Head Unit.

The tenth generation Civic will officially premiere on September 16th.

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-867985841498255566.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-16458017942052252475.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-212838075875061643.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-720779439156936987.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-2932888661857867810.jpg

Quote:
Billed as the "most ambitious remake in its 43-year history," the 2016 Civic Sedan will have a "decidedly sporty, sophisticated and youthful new look" that was previewed by the Civic Concept which debuted at the New York Auto Show earlier this year.

The model is also "completely overhauled" and will become the company first U.S. model with a turbocharged engine.

Honda was coy on specifics but confirmed the Civic lineup with include a sedan, coupe and five-door hatchback. They will eventually be joined by sporty Si variants and a high-performance Civic Type-R.
WorldCarFans

Last edited by RavenAvi : 10th September 2015 at 21:36.
Old 12th September 2015, 02:01   #37
BHPian

2016 Honda Civic Sedan FULLY Revealed!

Looks like the Civic just got revealed accidentally !!
Attached Thumbnails
10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-hondacivicspied31.jpg  

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-hondacivicspied21.jpg  

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-hondacivicspied1.jpg  

ariendj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 02:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

Amazing find mate !!
My reactions to the design are very mixed honestly ! Its too modern and probably the way cars will be in the future.
One must remember that the ASEAN version of the Civic is always a lot different and we need to wait for that version to really understand what we could get in India ! (having said that, Honda India has no intention of bringing back the civic to India)
Old 12th September 2015, 07:36   #39
BHPian

Man that's a sweet looking thing. Reminds me a little bit of Citroen c6.
This civic is intended as a global product. So its going to be the same car in every part of the world.
This coupled with that 1.6 twin blower diesel will be a proper tool. Now only if they will actually sell it here.
Old 12th September 2015, 12:04   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Spy pictures of the interiors of the all-new Civic are out as well.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 12th September 2015 at 12:06.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 16:06   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
Man that's a sweet looking thing. Reminds me a little bit of Citroen c6.
This civic is intended as a global product. So its going to be the same car in every part of the world.
This coupled with that 1.6 twin blower diesel will be a proper tool. Now only if they will actually sell it here.
Yes the Civic is a global product but the ASEAN and American Market versions have always been different. In fact they even do a Euro Hatchback version.
I don't think this strategy will change with this generation of Civics. Corolla does the same with the Corolla !
Old 17th September 2015, 09:21   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Pictures and details of the 2016 Honda Civic

Quote:
One of the two new launch engines on the 2016 Civic Sedan is a 1.5-liter direct-injected and turbocharged 16-valve inline-4, mated to a CVT. It will be available in EX-T, EX-L trims and Touring trims. According to Honda exec Sage Marie, this unit will produce around "30hp" more than the current 1.8L unit, which puts it to 173hp.

The other engine is a 2.0-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder for the base LX, which will be the most powerful base engine ever offered on Civic producing 15hp more at 158hp. Buyers will be able to choose between a 6-speed manual or continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT).

The new 2016 Civic Sedan is nearly 2 inches wider (albeit 1 inch lower) with a 1.2-inch longer wheelbase than the existing model, yet it’s 68 pounds (31kg) lighter than before. Honda says that it offers an additional 3.7 cubic feet of interior space with 2 inches of extra rear-seat legroom, while trunk space has been increased by 2.6 cubic feet (73 liters)

The new chassis features a revamped strut front suspension and a new multi-link rear suspension mounted to an ultra-rigid rear subframe, while other notable changes include variable gear ratio steering, beefier front and rear stabilizer bars, standard 4-wheel disc brakes and the application of Honda's Agile Handling Assist brake-torque vectoring technology.

Torsional rigidity of the new body is improved by 25 percent, thanks in part to the more intensive use of ultra-high-strength steel (12 percent vs 1 percent).

On the equipment front, the Civic will introduce a few novelties such as optional LED headlights and a 7-inch high-definition Display Audio touchscreen for Honda's Android-based infotainment system that works with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, while standard features have been improved throughout the range.
10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-16civic3.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-16civic5.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-16civic6.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-16civic9.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-civic16b3.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-civic16b4.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-hondacivic6.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-hondacivic7.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-newcivic2.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-newcivic5.jpg

Courtesy - Carscoop
naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 19:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

After quite a long time, I found a design refreshing in this price range! Its distinctive, and doesn't look inspired. With a frugal engine, this is a winner for Honda in India.
Some more pictures from Honda press release :
Attached Thumbnails
10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-hondacivic011.jpg  

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-hondacivic021.jpg  

Last edited by fz_rider : 17th September 2015 at 19:47.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 19:53   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Unveiling of Civic.

source:autoevolution
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 00:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

Here is another linky

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/09/16/2...ivic-official/

Seems they have now done away with the dual dashboard design which set the Civic apart from others. It looks like any other car from the inside now.
I really don't like the mustache chrome strip. I hope they do away with that and also the rear looks heavy and saggy and more like a notch back rather than a sedan. I think the 9th generation looked the best of the Civic's and this one has disappointed me as far as looks and the interior is concerned. I hope if they ever to launch the new Civic here in India that it should be the 9th gen rather than this but of course with the new Honda engine.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 18th September 2015 at 00:12.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks