Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2015, 10:18   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed

Detailed photos from the live event:

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-2016hondacivicreveal19.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-2016hondacivicreveal02.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-2016hondacivicreveal04.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-2016hondacivicreveal12.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-2016hondacivicreveal17.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-2016hondacivicreveal08.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-2016hondacivicreveal11.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-2016hondacivicreveal14.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-2016hondacivicreveal16.jpg

In addition, first look videos:

Quote:
The Civic may not break any new styling ground, but it uses modern design themes in a clean way that makes this top Touring model look far classier than most mainstream compacts.

This Civic Touring even has heated rear seats.

Gone is the quirkiness of the two-tired dash in the old Civic – and its acres of plastic and fit lines – replaced with a more conventional-looking dash that's covered in stitched surfaces and large metallic accents. Colors are sharp in both the digital dash display and the central touchscreen that supports Garmin navigation but still lacks a volume knob (Come. On. Honda.). Suddenly even the Accord, let alone some Acura products, look less expensive.

On the basis of the first slam of the doors, though, the 2016 Civic is a promising sign Honda isn't going to rest solely on its reputation this time.
CarScoops
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 12:14   #47
Team-BHP Support

Re: 10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Interiors look decent, but otherwise I am quite disappointed with the package. IMO, the exterior design looks loud, too busy, and lack character; almost can say that the transition to Fluidic Honda is now complete.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 15:21   #48
BHPian

The styling seems to imitate current generation Honda City in a large way. Rear glasses are quirky and the turn indicator placement is nice.
Have they placed cameras on the ORVMs? If so, how the display will be like? Multiple, or combined giving a panoramic view of sides and rear?
The 8th Gen Civic sold in India had a lot of character to it, and very different from the City sold at that time.
Old 18th September 2015, 17:22   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Thanks for sharing Avi.
IMO the overall design is a little cumbersome and busy. The front H chrome strip looks like overdone. It feels as if the Honda designers started from the front and slowly started moving towards the rear when they realized that the length was getting too long and by then they were probably running out of time, so abruptly ended the rear. They might call it coupe-sedan design. Having said that, now Honda don't need to sweat much...extend the tail of this Civic as a proper sedan, stretch the overall body a bit and Voila...there is the new Accord.

One more thing I noticed is the door/roof line for the rear door seems to be tapering off quite steeply (like the one in new Merc C class or even steeper). Rear passengers might be hitting their head against the roof while ingress and egress, taller passengers might not have enough headroom.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 23:16   #50
BHPian

2016 Honda Civic - First Look Review

2016 - HONDA CIVIC

When the Honda Civic arrived in the U.S. market 43 years ago, it helped change the perception of Americans of Japanese cars. Now about to enter its 10th generation, the Civic no longer has anything to prove, but it is still gunning to be the best in the compact class.

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-honda-civic-2016-1.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-honda-civic-2016-2.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-honda-civic-2016-3.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-honda-civic-2016-4.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-honda-civic-2016-5.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-honda-civic-2016-6.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-honda-civic-2016-7.jpg

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news/...noutmd#image=2

2016 Honda Civic Spotted Uncovered Before its Official Debut:-

As Motortrend India website, a first glimpse of 2016 Honda Civic sedan just days before its official unveiling. The model was first spotted parked on the streets of Ann Arbor, Michigan (USA), in plain sight.

Although it is not a huge departure from the styling norms of todays small sedans, this new Civic could actually be considered radical for a conservative automaker like Honda. The pictures reveal a flatter grille as well as bold C-shaped taillights, a short rear deck, and a sloped roof. The new model also looks considerably longer than its predecessor.

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-honda-civic-2016-8.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-honda-civic-2016-9.jpg

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-honda-civic-2016-10.jpg

Source: http://www.motortrend.in/autonews/69...cial-debut.htm
embee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 07:13   #51
BHPian

Re: 2016 Honda Civic - First Look Review

The car looks nice enough. I'm sure it will continue to rank high in the sale charts for many more years.

It looks like the Civic will be available with a 2-liter, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC four-cylinder, as well as a 1.5 litre turbocharged unit.

There have been uncountable generations of the Civic, but I think only one pulls at my hearts strings, even today.
This one:
10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-hondacivicindia.jpg
credit: Google Images

Last edited by Turbo_asd : 19th September 2015 at 07:16.
Turbo_asd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 16:18   #52
BHPian

Wow�� , this car has left me with an open mouth after a long time. I am really in love with this design though a couple of my friends hated its outlandish looks. This for me definitely has an appeal which I did not feel in any other current Honda lineup. Hope it reaches the Indian shore soon and Honda doesn't leave us out. Attaching a couple of pics.
Attached Thumbnails
10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-ccddeeb1792a8232e9b651244846db91df2ef03a.jpg  

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-ef84716e5a46dc5d7229c7416e94dfc4f1eefef1.jpg  

Thebat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 13:44   #53
Senior - BHPian

The ultra modern design of the new Civic will certainly be a hit in the market but will be difficult for family buyers/chauffeur driven buyers to consider over the traditional/comfy Corolla and Elantra IMHO.

Honda India may not bring this to India because their logic has been that the segment is too small in India and that trend it seems will remain for a while. Between the Civic, Corolla, Elantra, Octavia and Jetta the market is not bigger than 1500 units per month and that is a joke. Cant be profitable for anyone.

I think Honda India's line up in 2016/17 will include an all new Brio (to be given a new name too), Amaze, City, Jazz, Mini SUV (recently unveiled) Mobilio, Accord (CBU only) and CRV (CBU only)
Old 21st September 2015, 18:33   #54
BHPian

Tenth Generation Honda Civic.

Hi Again,

The pictures of the new Tenth Generation that has been recently revealed are out on the net. I happen to own the eighth generation Civic, a 2012 model. However is it only me or does anyone else on this forum think that the overall design language of the eighth generation is cleaner and easier on the eyes than that of the tenth generation. Somehow I feel the car looks too futuristic for my tastes. Especially the rear looks weird to me.

Maybe I am wrong here but just was really curious to know how bad or good my judgement is and therefore have started this thread. Can we have some comments from all the Honda fans specifically those owning past generation Civics.

Moderator's Note: Please do a SEARCH before creating new threads on topics already being discussed.
Attached Thumbnails
10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150921120327_16civic1.jpg  

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150921120333_16civic2.jpg  

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150921120333_16civic3.jpg  

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-20150731_102519_resized.jpg  

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-20150731_102615_resized.jpg  

10th-gen Honda Civic will have a 1.5L turbocharged heart! EDIT: Concept revealed-20150731_102648_resized.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2015 at 12:03. Reason: Poorly typed post
Merc_lover666 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 21st September 2015, 19:30   #55
BHPian

Re: Tenth Generation Honda Civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc_lover666 View Post
Hi Again,

The pictures of the new Tenth Generation that has been recently revealed are out on the net. I happen to own the eight generation Civic a 2012 model. However is it only me or does anyone else on tis forum think that the overall design language of the eight generation is more cleaner and easy on the eye than that of the tenth generation. Somehow I feel the car looks too futuristic to my taste. Especially the rear looks weird to me.

May be I am wrong here but just was really curious to know how bad or good my judgement is and therefore have started this thread. can we have some comments from all the Honda fans specifically those owning past generation Civics.
I own a 8th Gen as well.Agree it looks futuristic but I kind of like it.Looks quite nice in Grey and should look smashing in Black.Just one thing is the thick Chrome in the front which I don't like.

Last edited by ramanak : 21st September 2015 at 19:32.
Old 21st September 2015, 20:05   #56
BHPian

Re: Tenth Generation Honda Civic.

While the car looks stunning , I highly doubt this will be the production version, it is a prototype atleast as far as India is concerned. Civic had created a brand name for itself in India and its launch will only make Honda's foothold much more stronger
Old 21st September 2015, 23:04   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Official video released by Honda:

RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 23:54   #58
Senior - BHPian

This car made my jaw drop..it looks stunning. The exterior is sporty and aggressive whereas the interior looks premium and functional.
Only thing I don't like in this car is the big chrome grill but that should be easy to swap.

The new turbo charged petrol with direct injection pumping out 175 bhp sounds so exciting. This along with the Vezel from Honda are on the top of my list for the next upgrade if and when that happens but Honda doesn't seem interested to bring these beauties to India. :(
Old 23rd September 2015, 11:36   #59
Senior - BHPian

I am liking the 10th gen Civic. Makes quite a bold statement but the first thing I would do is change the chrome grill upfront. It is way too bulky! Car seems to be a lot longer and wider than the 8th gen civic that was sold in India.
Old 23rd September 2015, 12:13   #60
BHPian

I don't know but can not understand the Japanese designer nowadays, I mean just look at this car, it is completely weird looking Civic ever built from front and rear side.
Even the new CRV is also strange looking vehicle.
Again the Japanese designer in Toyota, what kind of design they offering in New Corolla and Camry??
The 8th gen model in India was a way better looking than this.
I have to agree that Korean designer in Hyundai are making cars really beautiful nowadays, just have a look at 2016 Elantra, simply mind blowing compare to this 10gen Civic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks