Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2017, 08:30   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!

Going a bit OT.

Giant Sculptures Of Clarkson's, Hammond's And May's Heads Appear In UK Homes

Quote:
Remember when a massive fiberglass sculpture of Jeremy Clarkson’s head was spotted on the back of a truck? Well the 6-foot monstrosity has resurfaced in a garden in Manchester.

As it turns out, Clarkson’s head, as well as sculptures of James May and Richard Hammond’s heads, were awarded as prizes for a Twitter competition. May’s sculpture now rests in the garden of a Surrey resident while Hammond’s is in Newport.

The three heads traveled around the world from Sydney, Los Angeles, Seattle, Amsterdam and London to promote The Grand Tour. It is thought that the heads will remain with their current owners for three weeks before finding their way into other UK gardens.

Speaking to The Telegraph about winning Clarkson’s head, 15-year-old Zohaib Alam said “I tweeted the show after I saw the competition and suddenly I got a tweet back to say our front garden was big enough for Jeremy Clarkson’s head.

“I know Jeremy Clarkson has got a big head but we said it would fit after we found out the dimensions. It was amazing when we found out that we had won. It’s the first time we’ve won anything.”
Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!-screenshot_1.jpg

Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!-screenshot_2.jpg

Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!-screenshot_3.jpg

Courtesy - carscoop
Old 20th March 2017, 23:04   #197
BHPian

Looks like Richard Hammond met with another accident. It happened in Mozambique where they were riding in motorcycles for the next season of Grand Tour. I hope its on the lines of their Vietnam special, which I still think is one of their best specials. Also, looks like Hammond is riding a TVS

Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!-screen-shot-20170320-12.33.01-pm.png
rohittunga is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 03:05   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I really hope they ditch the celebrity brain crash segment. It is the most boring 5 minutes of every episode and I fail to understand how did anyone found it humorous to start with. Also I miss The STIG. The American is no match and although a bit hilarious in the initial episodes, he has now started sounding repetitive. Moreover watching him put the cars through the circuit, I have never felt that he really pushes them enough and it appears more of a relaxed practice lap.
I did not like the celebrity brain crash initially. But now I find it funny. They have found innovative was to 'finish off' celebrities.

It is astounding that these guests agree to doing something like that. I found it boring initially and by the end of the season I was like - who is it this time?

Also, I wait for May's characteristic -'Does that mean he is not coming onto the show now?' dialogue too.

This might have been due to some legal issues too. They probably wanted celebrities on show. But could not copy format from Top Gear. And they thought this was a better alternative to a talk show segment.

Fully echo sentiments about THE STIG. If only there was a way to poach him. I always thought if there was an Indian Top Gear/Grand Tour, India's STIG will be called RAJNIKANTH! (No offence meant to fans).
Old 21st March 2017, 07:36   #199
BHPian

If there ever were to be a Stig's Indian cousin, I would imagine the Stig as wearing a white dhoti and a vermilion/curd bindi on the helmet.
Sandman689 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 06:12   #200
Senior - BHPian

Here is Henry Catchpole with the ultimate GT test - DB11 vs McLaren 570GT vs Panamera Turbo

Ultimate test? Well no! Should have included the SuperFast, Continental GT etc in there instead of the Porsche for that. But its a lovely video.

Old 7th June 2017, 07:51   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

James May reveals when The Grand Tour is returning to Amazon for series 2 - October

Quote:
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are currently putting the finishing touches on more worldwide adventures for Amazon Prime Video. And when we say "finishing touches", we mean "finishing touches".

James May was being interviewed on The One Show on Monday (June 5), when he was questioned on exactly when fans can expect more episodes to zoom onto Amazon Prime Video.

"October is when you'll first be able to see it," he revealed. "But after that, you'll be able to see it whenever you want, of course. I'm told to say that!"

The massive budget of The Grand Tour was hotly debated in the run-up to the first series. While chatting with Matt Baker, James was quizzed on how much was being spent on the follow-up.

"As little as possible," James joked. "No, it's about the same, I would think. It is quite an expensive show to make.

"There's a lot of travel involved. There's a lot of crew involved. There's a lot of tech involved, filming in 4K. But that's boring stuff. It's going to look largely the same, but we've moved it on a bit in a way that I can't really tell you about yet because you're the enemy and it's secret!"
Source - DigitalSpy
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 22:04   #202
BHPian

"The Grand Tour" Unconfirmed reports of Richard Hammond Being in a serious accident

There are unconfirmed reports from various news agencies about the Hamster binning a 2 Million Pound Supercar which burst to flames.

The accident happened in Switzerland where he has been filming for the upcoming season of Grand Tour

He has been airlifted to hospital and is now being treated in hospital with serious injuries – believed to include a fractured knee.

Dailymail

Telegraph

The Sun

The Sun

Drivetribe too has shared these unconfirmed reports and we are yet to hear official word on this.
rohitoasis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 22:11   #203
BHPian

Richard Hammond was involved in a nasty car crash in St. Gallen, Switzerland while filming for TGT. He was racing around the track in £2million Rimac supercar when he crashed. The car burst into flames but luckily he was saved and cheated death. Why does this happen to Richard all the time? Just a month back he was knocked unconscious after falling of his motorcycle in Mozambique.

Source

Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!-telemmglpict000131517033_transzwjk4hom44btggt7bocow7kkwm2frzvkfxyjhs_u.jpeg

Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!-img_20170610_221053.jpg

EDIT: The Rimac one concept is the supercar he has apparently crashed.
Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!-images-4.jpg

He was attempting the Hemburg hill climb which is one mile long when he lost control of the 1224HP electric supercar and binned it. He was concious after the crash and pulled himself out before it burst into flames.

SOURCE

Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!-ce14e2d498e68ae801b0e486486bb3cdac3d1a5d64569346ca7d575825fad93b_3975162.jpg

Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!-146ab1de3de3726644c101f3cc58f566b02a02e43038fb91ae84ba4773aba1ca_3975159.jpg

Wishing the Hamster a super fast recovery!! He has made this a habit now causing worry to all his fans(me included). Just recently I saw a video clip in which his reply to the presenter asking him, "what would be the one thing you would like to change about yourself?" Was " To stop crashing all the time".

Last edited by Shanksta : 10th June 2017 at 22:39. Reason: Adding info.
Shanksta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 22:25   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Richard Hammond was involved in a nasty car crash in Switzerland while filming for TGT. He was racing around the track in £2million Rimac supercar when he crashed.
Terrible news! Hopefully he's ok, and no major injuries.

Maybe a testament to the safety features of the car that after all of that he article says he was airlifted to a hospital due to a suspected fractured knee; and hopefully nothing more.

Wishing the Hamster a speedy recovery!
Old 10th June 2017, 22:55   #205
BHPian

Here is the video showing the moment he crashed!

MODS: I was unable to add this to the previous post since my edit time of 30minutes was up! Kindly add this to the previous post.

Here he is a few minutes before the crash!
Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!-414f7e67000005784591508imagea145_1497111106906.jpg
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 19:31   #206
Senior - BHPian

Hammond released a video ( https://drivetribe.com/p/aKm2XPlnT_i...QoSSMyGBZSSEZQ ) stating he is not dead in his own style

Last edited by arjithin : 11th June 2017 at 19:43.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 21:00   #207
BHPian

Richard Hammond has released a message for his fans as mentioned by BHPian arjithin above. Attaching the video for easy watch.

I love the fact that he is so cheerful and positive. Yeah the video is shot by James! That shirt .

Last edited by Shanksta : 11th June 2017 at 21:04.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 13:54   #208
BHPian

Richard Hammond crashes the Rimac Concept One electric supercar

While filming the second season of the Amazon Prime’s The Grand Tour in Switzerland earlier today, ex-Top Gear host Richard Hammond crashed a $1 million Rimac Concept_One all-electric supercar.

Fortunately, Hammond reportedly “suffered no serious injury”, but the rare vehicle was completely destroyed.

Link: https://electrek.co/2017/06/10/richa...tric-supercar/
limited-edition is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 14:08   #209
BHPian

re: Richard Hammond crashes the Rimac Concept One electric supercar

Read about this yesterday! From the video in the link, I sense Richard Hammond undermined the Torque of the electric car and over speeded on the turn. But thnk God he is alive and kicking! We would not want the Three Stooges (the mighty three hosts) to go Duo

Last edited by musclecar : 12th June 2017 at 14:10. Reason: Edited the spelling mistake.
musclecar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 14:43   #210
Senior - BHPian

re: Richard Hammond crashes the Rimac Concept One electric supercar

Looks like he thought he was driving on a race track and would drift and get back on track! Applied brakes since he was too close to the corner on left.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks