Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2017, 14:03   #271
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!

As far as the music themes, Top gear over the years have bought the rights to use and accumulated a large music catalog from the respective music owners.

Even in Top Gear, there is a difference in music used in one region vs the other.
Take for example the music used in Bugatti Veyron vs euro fighter Typhoon used in s10e03, I have a copy of that original air date version with a different music, then what can be found now in the internet which perhaps was shown in USA or other regions.

Last edited by aim120 : 23rd December 2017 at 14:04.
Old 29th December 2017, 09:59   #272
BHPian

Everyone complaining about the show being scripted, well they have an answer to that in the latest episode. Interesting indeed!
Old 31st December 2017, 09:10   #273
Senior - BHPian

Loved Episode 4, for me this was the funniest and that 720S movie was great. Loved the TTRS too. The celebrity piece was very funny and the year end awards were hilarious.
Old 31st December 2017, 13:27   #274
BHPian

Here's my take on this. There's a comfort level that's missing from TGT. That comfort evolved in TG over the years, of familiarity breeding genuine-ness and rapport. What these guys did and how they improved and made TG almost a benchmark in TV was amazing.

With TGT, the first season was just that, the first season. They had the pressure of coming out strong while at the same time they had to bring new-ness in. They had to show that the BBC kids had grown up. Unfortunately, them being kids and working under a strict "daddy" who'd look the other way because their antics were drawing viewers was the equation that worked the best. And now that they're free, and don't have to sneak about the daddy, they're kinda bored themselves. The grown up, independent men just aren't having fun.

This season feels like they were shook up from what happened, and a lot of it, including the script feels forced in, unfinished, and the delivery isn't in the zone. Hammond really comes across like he doesn't want to be there anymore, yet he doesn't want that to be known. He's trying to cover it up. Or maybe they're really bored themselves.

Also, in this time, YouTube happened, and lots and lots of talented guys with cameras and their love for cars started cropping up all over the place.

They may do another season if they're under contract, but I don't see this show lasting a lot more. This format has outlived its pull for the subject matter.
Old 6th January 2018, 07:52   #275
Senior - BHPian

Amazon's petrolhead juggernaut continues. The banter is getting better. S2E5 was the most fun ever. It was a series of thrills and laughs galore. Hammond decimates Dubai in a tank. And, Jeremy has taken matters into his own hand now and totally rocks it. Watch it, folks!
Old 11th January 2018, 14:03   #276
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Loved S02E2. I can confidently say: The old top gear is back!! Won't spill too many beans, but I'm sure, many will love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Loved Episode 2, but didn't think too much of Episode 1. Wish it had more 'supercar redlining' in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Watched S2E3 and I liked it. Not as grand as E2 though. Conversation Street was really hilarious, it is becoming the best part of the show like 'The News' in old Top Gear. The bits with the Chiron was also done well.
Thank you guys! I had discontinued Prime Video subscription after a few episodes of GT Season 1 but seeing the comments here on Season 2 I went ahead and reinstated the subscription. And YES… The trio is back!

Finished 3 episodes now. Episode 2 especially was great, and 3 was also quite good. The conversation bits and celeb section also quite watchable now.

And the best bit – my 9 year old girl have taken a liking to show and I have a companion now!
vb-saan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 18:39   #277
BHPian

Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!

Hey guys, any idea which episode are they testing the Ford F-150 Raptor whose clip is shown in the intro ?
Old 19th January 2018, 16:57   #278
BHPian

Watched the 7th episode of The Grand tour and it was the most balanced and likeable episode yet. Spoiler alert!

The Lamborghini Huracan Performante review was superb and boy can it go. Hammond and May solving the fuel pump problems was funny, the celebritiy segment was interesting. But the best was last a beautiful film on rivalry by Clarkson. Overall a really satisfying episode.
Shanksta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 12:15   #279
Team-BHP Support

Going back to the 6th episode - the Jag episode was fun although I was saddened with their wrecking of the Jag 420, unless it was already scrap worthy underneath.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 14:02   #280
Senior - BHPian

A proper episode after a long time, loved the Audi and Lancia film. Best one for a long time.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 15:24   #281
BHPian

Best episode of the series for me. The Audi and Lancia film was very well done by Clarkson.

Anyone else surprised by the mobile fueling station? It actually worked!
Old 22nd January 2018, 16:34   #282
BHPian

7th episode was brilliant.... The Audi and Lancia part super cool. Wish if there is a documentary on the same like hunt/lauda rivalry.
Old 23rd January 2018, 13:34   #283
Senior - BHPian

There is a clear need for addition of a 4th person in the Group. The chemistry is still there, but the newness isnt.

I always used to believe that while JC and Hamster were the naughty boys and May played the role of Mr. Sensible, but in the TGT he is playing the role of the naughty boy and it just doesnt fit the bill. IMHO he needs to stick to being pedantic, eccentric and honestly very James may like and not try and copy JC or Hamster.

There is a role reversal with Richard hammond too, he is now playing mr. sensible, and it just doesnt fit him. Maybe it is my comfort with the Old TG and hence I am not able to enjoy their new roles.

Having said so, this still is the best car show in the world. The latest (7th Episode) was so much better than the 1st.

Happy motoring.
ac
Old 23rd January 2018, 14:15   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
There is a clear need for addition of a 4th person in the Group. The chemistry is still there, but the newness isnt.

I always used to believe that while JC and Hamster were the naughty boys and May played the role of Mr. Sensible, but in the TGT he is playing the role of the naughty boy and it just doesnt fit the bill. IMHO he needs to stick to being pedantic, eccentric and honestly very James may like and not try and copy JC or Hamster.

There is a role reversal with Richard hammond too, he is now playing mr. sensible, and it just doesnt fit him. Maybe it is my comfort with the Old TG and hence I am not able to enjoy their new roles.

Having said so, this still is the best car show in the world. The latest (7th Episode) was so much better than the 1st.

Happy motoring.
ac
Maybe the latest crash just added some sense into Hammond.

I don’t know why, but I was getting bored of Top Gear, especially for the last couple of seasons.

I do agree with you about May. He needs to step his game up a bit.
Old 26th January 2018, 08:33   #285
Senior - BHPian

Season 2 is just getting better and better.

Here is the trailer for the latest episode that I just finished watching.

I guess not having to move that tent around the world for studio days as in season 1 has given some much needed bandwidth for the boys!
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks