Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2017, 13:04   #181
BHPian

Re: Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Are there 2 episodes this week? I can see Episode 8 as well as Episode 9.
Episodes 7 and 8 were a 2 part Christmas special, which released on 30th and 31st December. Ep 9 is today's.
Old 6th January 2017, 13:15   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Episodes 7 and 8 were a 2 part Christmas special, which released on 30th and 31st December. Ep 9 is today's.
Oh ok, so i missed part 8 last week thinking it will come next week. Well so now i have to watch 2 episodes at once. Sweet
Old 6th January 2017, 13:23   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Are there 2 episodes this week? I can see Episode 8 as well as Episode 9.
Episode 8 is the part 2 of the Africa special which was aired on 31st Dec (Episode 7 is the Part 1 which was aired on 30th Dec). Episode 9 is the one in Germany which was aired today.
Old 6th January 2017, 17:30   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
if anyone on drive tribe come and say hi
https://drivetribe.com/t/Y7tR1x2iRaq...QgKncVENPrIlmw
Joined Drivetribe. its a bit of Jalopnik, Twitter and instagram. Yet to explore and find tribes of my interest. Now joined your tribe out there.
Old 11th January 2017, 18:30   #185
BHPian

The Grand Tour: Week 9,episode 10 Trailer.

Old 28th January 2017, 13:32   #186
BHPian

This week it made me a bit proud when James May said that Jezza's car and Hamster's car were both "Indian" as Jeremy Clarkson was driving Range Rover Autobiography and Richard Hammond was in a Jaguar F-Pace. Actually they had a challenge, a drag race between BMW X5M, Bentley Bentayga, Range Rover Autobiography, Jaguar F-Pace.
Jeremy said it is race between Britain and Germany. On which James corrected that it is race between India and Germany.

I remember Top Gear episode in which they reviewed a Tata Indica(renamed as City Rover in Britain). After collaboration of Tata Motors and Rover. The trio said it was the worst car. I was disappointed that time.

But now when they talk about Jaguar Land Rover they always mention it as an Indian now.

May its only me with a proud feeling.
ank_bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 14:01   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank_bhp View Post
But now when they talk about Jaguar Land Rover they always mention it as an Indian now.
Yes they do. Whether they are particularly pleased about that is a different matter all together.

Jeroen

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd February 2017 at 12:44. Reason: Shortening quoted post :)
Old 28th January 2017, 15:33   #188
BHPian

Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank_bhp View Post
Actually they had a challenge, a drag race between BMW X5M, Bentley Bentayga, Range Rover, Jaguar F-Pace .

What a drag race it was!
The Bentley is a wonderful car. You are cocooned from the outside world, pampered in uber luxury and yet, when you hit the pedal to the metal, it flies like nothing else. It beat even the BMW X5M!

The parts where they plan the route in Austria and Germany with the names of the towns as well as feeding the name in their sat navs were really hilarious 😂
A very good watch, overall.
aamateen46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 18:20   #189
Senior - BHPian

Re: Top Gear trio to return with a new show "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
[u][b]Clarkson, Hammond and May To Launch DriveTribe Online Platform
The DriveTribe YouTube channel is up and running now.

And guess what, they have brought two of my favorite presenters from Evo - Henry Catchpole & Jethro Bovingdon.

D_
TRB
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 16:15   #190
Senior - BHPian

So, the season finale is this week. Filming for season 2 is yet to start but I believe the scripts are all ready. So I assume that Season 2 is probably going to start around September-October this year?
Old 3rd February 2017, 16:44   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Now that the season is winding up. Just a couple of thoughts. Jeremy is older, as always, but it shows in his voice, does it not??
The Hamster, he's completely shifted from being being in the support to a mainstay in himself. Extremely funny!
As has been Mr. May.
All in all, since namibia, things have really picked up. Rewatchable stuff.

Couple of things to get rid of:
The american. Hes quite funny, but just doesnt fit in somehow.
Celebrity brain crash. Very funny. Point made. Get rid of the entire guest piece, no?

PS: The best bit has been Conversation street, as always. I wish TG would release all the news, aired and other wise!
Old 11th February 2017, 17:22   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

The last few episodes have been good and some films were brilliant. Loved the SUV shootout, drift session and the launch control film (how brilliant and funny was that). The Celebrity Brain Crash is a daft now but the conversation street is starting to get us back to the old Top Gear. No words for the camera work - absolutely brilliant.

Waiting for Season 2. Heard they will film after airing the Season 1 last episode and will go live by Nov '17.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 12:51   #193
BHPian

The first season was an absolute blast to watch, and most episodes (except for the Jordan and Barbados ones) have exceptional replay value. I love watching the show for the cars, leave alone the bone-tickling humour and banter that the trio brings. I've also been following them on Drivetribe where they frequently post hilarious opinion pieces among other articles. I would even say that half of my love for cars can be attributed to Clarkson, Hammond and May and I am forever indebted to that.

Here's hoping the next season would be even better and there are things to suggest that it will be. They mentioned in a live Q&A for Drivetribe that they'll be shooting a lot more roadtrips for the next season and for this reason alone, I cannot wait!
Old 12th February 2017, 20:06   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

I really hope they ditch the celebrity brain crash segment. It is the most boring 5 minutes of every episode and I fail to understand how did anyone found it humorous to start with. Also I miss The STIG. The American is no match and although a bit hilarious in the initial episodes, he has now started sounding repetitive. Moreover watching him put the cars through the circuit, I have never felt that he really pushes them enough and it appears more of a relaxed practice lap.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 17:27   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Episodes 12 and 13 were really good. The SUV shootout and Richard's drifting were superb! What a relief from how the season started!

The American and Celebrity brain crash has to go. It was kind of understandable when the American was cold towards non American cars. The criticism about small engines and stuff but its not funny anymore when he complains about a GS F with a 5L V8 engine.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks