Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 04:03   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
I would suggest you to go for eclipse. You will not find it tough to get a decent car in your price range?

if interested, you can go for an older 3- series convertible.
Thanks Superleggera, Sorry i had missed your post.
Yes i saw a few, but they are in real bad shape :(

How good is a Z3 with 158k miles on it. BMW Engines run for over 200K miles trouble free?
Old 14th April 2010, 05:44   #317
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
How good is a Z3 with 158k miles on it. BMW Engines run for over 200K miles trouble free?
The engine might run trouble free but the electronics might not.

If serviced at a dealer, then even a failed sensor becomes expensive to replace unless you like working on your car.

The 1.9l is underpowered. The 2.3l, or 2.8l engines give it a little punch.
Old 14th April 2010, 06:43   #318
Senior - BHPian

@kraft wagen

give that high mileage z3 a miss.
Why don't you search for a Chrysler crossfire for that matter?
Old 15th April 2010, 11:34   #319
BHPian

Thanks guys.
I was looking for MR2 Spyder, Civic Si and Crossfire, but no luck :( there are hardly any and the available ones are expensive.

Was considering Audi A4, what kind off mileage should i look for in these?

Sorry for the numerous options and questions, i'm just over perplexed now
Old 15th April 2010, 20:14   #320
Senior - BHPian

My advice - In US if buying used car - stay away from the Germans. Try to get an American or Jap one.
Old 16th April 2010, 03:58   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
My advice - In US if buying used car - stay away from the Germans. Try to get an American or Jap one.
I agree..barely any mechanic would want to touch a german car. if one does, be sure he'll charge a bomb.

i considered all this and opted for a camry although there was a v good w124 for the same price.
Old 16th April 2010, 07:38   #322
BHPian

Thanks Sid and 1400 for the points.
I'm going to see Tiburon and Eclipse over this weekend. Will keep posted on the findings
Old 16th April 2010, 08:01   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Thanks Sid and 1400 for the points.
I'm going to see Tiburon and Eclipse over this weekend. Will keep posted on the findings
One of my friend who is in Boston, bought a 2006 Eclipse for $12k. Just to give some pointers while looking for Eclipse.

His is top end model fitted with premium factory ICE (Rockford Fosgate) and other goodies

Hope this helps

Last edited by chevelle : 16th April 2010 at 08:05.
Old 16th April 2010, 09:55   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
One of my friend who is in Boston, bought a 2006 Eclipse for $12k. Just to give some pointers while looking for Eclipse.

His is top end model fitted with premium factory ICE (Rockford Fosgate) and other goodies

Hope this helps
Thanks Chevelle, I was looking at the models after 2000, with around 50-60k mileage within 6-7k budget.
There are a bunch of dealers having it, but am waiting from some good deals directly from the owners.
Old 23rd May 2010, 07:36   #325
BHPian

Help Needed Desperately

Hello ,

Today Morning while coming back from the gym I was pulled over by an officer for -
Not wearing seat belt
He asked me for my drivers license, Insurance and registration . I was not carrying my wallet and license was in wallet only .

He gave me -
1. A yellow slip for failing to produce drivers license , on that slip its written that I do not have to go to court or pay fine its a warning only
and no points will be added towards my driving license.
2. A blue slip with $25 fine

My questions are -
* How many points will I get for failing to wear seat belt?
* Is this whole process going to be a problem if I go for an L1B extension or H1B or Green card?I am in Maryland on an L1B visa , This was the first time ever I got a ticket or even pulled over
* Should I contest this ticket in by going to the court or just pay the fine online? I am only interested in contesting the ticket if it will hamper my future aspirations of stay in USA

Please guys help me out as I am loosing my sleep over this
Old 23rd May 2010, 10:37   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar View Post

Hello ,

Today Morning while coming back from the gym I was pulled over by an officer for -
Not wearing seat belt
He asked me for my drivers license, Insurance and registration . I was not carrying my wallet and license was in wallet only .

He gave me -
1. A yellow slip for failing to produce drivers license , on that slip its written that I do not have to go to court or pay fine its a warning only
and no points will be added towards my driving license.
2. A blue slip with $25 fine

My questions are -
* How many points will I get for failing to wear seat belt?
* Is this whole process going to be a problem if I go for an L1B extension or H1B or Green card?I am in Maryland on an L1B visa , This was the first time ever I got a ticket or even pulled over
* Should I contest this ticket in by going to the court or just pay the fine online? I am only interested in contesting the ticket if it will hamper my future aspirations of stay in USA

Please guys help me out as I am loosing my sleep over this

Just pay the fine. You would not get points on your license for not wearing seat belt (most probably - though it might happen).
You have been charged on 2 counts - not wearing seat belt / failure to produce license. Go to the municipal court with your license and the yellow slip to prove that you have a valid license. This would prohibit further hassles.
This would not have ANY impact on your visa extension.
Don't lose sleep over this - chill dude!
I know of guys who have had multiple tickets but eased through their visa processing.
Old 23rd May 2010, 18:27   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Just pay the fine. You would not get points on your license for not wearing seat belt (most probably - though it might happen).
You have been charged on 2 counts - not wearing seat belt / failure to produce license. Go to the municipal court with your license and the yellow slip to prove that you have a valid license. This would prohibit further hassles.
This would not have ANY impact on your visa extension.
Don't lose sleep over this - chill dude!
I know of guys who have had multiple tickets but eased through their visa processing.
Thanks for the reply mate. It is written on the yellow slip that it is just a warning and moreover when I was pulled over, officer was able to pull all my records by my name and my license number is also written on yellow slip as well as on the ticket .
Do u think its worth the hassle to go to the court as I might be able to get rid of the points from my license as well ?
One more thing with tickets being given to you what are we supposed to write in DS156/157 now DS160 forms when they ask "Have you ever been convicted " , because when u pay the fine u accept the fact that u are guilty
Thanks again mate
Old 23rd May 2010, 19:27   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply mate. It is written on the yellow slip that it is just a warning and moreover when I was pulled over, officer was able to pull all my records by my name and my license number is also written on yellow slip as well as on the ticket .
Do u think its worth the hassle to go to the court as I might be able to get rid of the points from my license as well ?
One more thing with tickets being given to you what are we supposed to write in DS156/157 now DS160 forms when they ask "Have you ever been convicted " , because when u pay the fine u accept the fact that u are guilty
Thanks again mate
1. You just got a warning for not having the license with you. Just forget about it. No court, no fine, nothing
2. According to Wikipedia , there are NO points for not wearing a seatblet in Maryland

It is not going to hamper your Visa status in anyway. You don't need to mention it in the DS forms.
Old 23rd May 2010, 21:39   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho View Post
1. You just got a warning for not having the license with you. Just forget about it. No court, no fine, nothing
2. According to Wikipedia , there are NO points for not wearing a seatblet in Maryland

It is not going to hamper your Visa status in anyway. You don't need to mention it in the DS forms.
Thanks Tacho , So that means there is no point going to court and contest that ticket as it will not add points to my license and moreover no issues in Visa or DS forms?
PS: About a week back I was drooling on that vette of urs , let me know if u plan to visit inner harbour any time
Old 24th May 2010, 08:18   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again mate
conviction means felony offence convicted in a court of law - not civilian parking/moving tickets.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks