Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2012, 16:54   #301
BHPian

Re: The 2012 Formula One Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Here a quote from Pirelli boss, Paul Hembery's interview from this month's F1 Racing magazine

This year, from looking forward to every race.. I am counting down the days and cannot wait for the next one.
Last year Vettel had four poles and 4 wins in the first five races. This year we have 5 different race winners, and there are fans still complaining. I would understand F1 teams, including engineers/drivers who are, but fans not enjoying every second of this, is completely beyond the realm of my understanding.
Its because a lot of the fans see through the haze and the hype and see the racing for what it is : artificially restricted race cars driving to a delta, making the entire race an elaborate exercise in tyre conservation.
Old 28th May 2012, 22:07   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
Its because a lot of the fans see through the haze and the hype and see the racing for what it is : artificially restricted race cars driving to a delta, making the entire race an elaborate exercise in tyre conservation.
Maldonado keeping Alonso behind him to win in Spain.. was driving to a delta?
Tire 'conservation' requires skill. You are using those words like a novice could do it in his sleep.
With DRS and KERS, there is no restriction. Overtaking is not fantasy anymore. Drivers need to push, to keep from being overtaken. Not every race is Monaco anymore.
Old 28th May 2012, 23:51   #303
BHPian

Just when every one is getting into the season, one more design issue has come up. Ferrari, merc and mclaren are said to be unhappy with a small hole on the floor infront of the rear wheel in Redbulls. Source: Autosport.
Old 29th May 2012, 14:19   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Maldonado keeping Alonso behind him to win in Spain.. was driving to a delta?
From
Formula 1
Quote:
Q: Back to you Pastor and this is the first Williams win since 2004. They managed to get you to jump Fernando at the second round of pit stops but he gave you some real pressure at the end didn’t he?
PM:
Yeah, it was so close. We were looking to manage the tyre degradation so I wasn’t pushing that hard, just to keep the tyres alive for the end of the race and Fernando got too close. There were some moments that he was so close, especially at the end of the straight. But I was managing the gap and controlling everything.
I'm sure you know Pastor's race more than himself now do you ?

Case closed.
Old 1st June 2012, 14:52   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From
Formula 1

I'm sure you know Pastor's race more than himself now do you ?

Case closed.
By this definition, have you EVER heard a driver saying "I drove a brilliant/sensational/awesome race?"

Cmon. It was brilliant. compare him to his team mate.. he was mega quick.
Absorbing pressure from Alonso is no small feat.
Old 1st June 2012, 15:01   #306
BHPian

Quote:
By this definition, have you EVER heard a driver saying "I drove a brilliant/sensational/awesome race?"
Completely irrelevant. Your question was whether Maldonado was driving to a delta, which is the same thing as him driving well within his or his cars limits, which I proved to you he was (by his own admission).

Its not my problem if you simply refuse to believe even the driver who has won the race. As far as the second part of your question, it really is laughable mate. I can pull up about 20 instances of drivers saying they were pushing throughout the whole race in the last 5 years alone. I cant help if you completely miss out the obvious here.

Quote:
Even though he says he was not really pushing his car, you think he was mega quick ? I think there is a contradiction.

It would be much better if you admit you were completely wrong about Maldonado pushing his car and move on. Peace.
Old 1st June 2012, 15:04   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Case closed.
Quote:

No driver say that they drove brilliant/sensational/awesome race as this is a team game.
Important is both drivers were managing tyre and Maldonado was in lead so he was able to absorb the pressure. We all know this year's race is all about of driving skill not of Racing skill. Make it a flat out and then if we have 6 winners in 6 six different race that would be a dream season to watch.
Till then case stands deferred.
Old 7th June 2012, 11:10   #308
Senior - BHPian

More rumors:

'McLaren to offer Hamilton £100m deal' | Planet-F1 News from planet-f1.com

and estimated driver's earnings:

'Alonso tops F1 money list' | Planet F1 | Formula One News

So Massa earns same as Vettel? And Di Riesta gets less than half of Hulk? while Kovalainen gets 20 times as much?
Old 7th June 2012, 11:32   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Hamilton to become highest paid driver with $150 million deal plus bonuses | YallaF1.com

There is also a rumor of a 50 million, 5yr contract 5 million/yr less than his current deal.
Old 7th June 2012, 17:38   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Hamilton to become highest paid driver with $150 million deal plus bonuses | YallaF1.com

There is also a rumor of a 50 million, 5yr contract 5 million/yr less than his current deal.
I think this is all hogwash and unconfirmed.

Hamilton is F1's hottest property at the moment (since Alonso and Vettel have already committed to their teams for some time ), so there is a race between a few teams to grab him.

I think Mercedes, Red Bull and Mclaren are all in the race. This will be even more interesting to see because of another talented young driver named Paul Di Resta who is also on the top teams radar for 2013.
Old 8th June 2012, 18:34   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont understand why everybody keeps bringing up Vettel's pace (or lack of it) in China and not mention Webber.
Look at what Webber did with a 3 stop and do the math (or are you expecting Vettel to get his strategy wrong for EVERY RACE ?). Then add KERS.
What do u get? I get World champion 2011
This is my post from 29/4/2011, 3 races into the calendar.
I had to forget about the WDC and focus only on the fight for the remaining top positions.

Hope we get a close fight to the finish this year! The signs are very encouraging!
Old 13th June 2012, 15:50   #312
Senior - BHPian

Montezemolo urges

I think this is the first time I have heard him call for a cost reduction. Not sure if he meant teams spending less or something else. Really strange, considering that it was him proposing a 3 car team. Has Luca finally woken up and smelt the coffee?

PS: Or can it be just another way of extracting more money from Bernie in the new concorde agreement? (pay us more for support)

Last edited by asr245 : 13th June 2012 at 15:52.
Old 14th June 2012, 11:24   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Montezemolo urges

I think this is the first time I have heard him call for a cost reduction. Not sure if he meant teams spending less or something else. Really strange, considering that it was him proposing a 3 car team. Has Luca finally woken up and smelt the coffee?

PS: Or can it be just another way of extracting more money from Bernie in the new concorde agreement? (pay us more for support)
All teams know and agree on the need to reduce costs. The devil is how to enforce this.

The Concorde agreement has already been signed by Ferrari.
Old 15th June 2012, 08:00   #314
BHPian

RACER SPECIAL: F1 turn-styles - Racer.com
Nice article
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 20:19   #315
mgh
BHPian

Finally Vijay Mallya seems to have woken up and seems to be ready to kick a few backsides
Formula 1
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks