Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2012, 06:43   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2012 Formula One Season

AMuS is quite reliable! The money is usually spent on resources. 2 technical teams to work parallely on current season's development and next year's development would be something. Multiple windtunnels, construction tools, materials... lots of things involved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
How credible is the source ?

Also, where is all this money going ?
There was an english translation of what Alonso/Andrea were talking on both Sky F1 & Star. I believe its a F1 feed. Dont know how you missed it on SPEED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
The commentators would stop their talk to listen to the radio and Alonso and his engineer would rant off in Italian .

Last edited by anachronix : 1st December 2012 at 06:44.
Old 1st December 2012, 07:47   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
There was an english translation of what Alonso/Andrea were talking on both Sky F1 & Star. I believe its a F1 feed. Dont know how you missed it on SPEED!
No such luck at Speed.The commentary team used to laugh it off
Old 1st December 2012, 08:04   #363
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
AMuS is quite reliable! The money is usually spent on resources. 2 technical teams to work parallely on current season's development and next year's development would be something. Multiple windtunnels, construction tools, materials... lots of things involved!

Who said I was watching it on SPEED? Nasty, I'd never watch F1 with commentators who have an American accent - what sacrilege and blasphemy !!

I watched through SKY F1 online this year, it was laggy a bit, but damn reliable for the most part.

I still don't get how plausible 300M sounds for a year. I mean mid-fielders like FI and Williams spend in the 60M bracket AFAIK ( I may be wrong), and to think the guys lapping .8-1.6 seconds faster them have to spend that much to be in that position is hard to digest.

As you know, Red Bull also sponsors other forms of motor racing and "sporting" (Felix Baumgartner comes to mind), so I can't even imagine how much the effect is compounded.

Oh well, if you say it's reliable then it is what it is.

Last edited by D33-PAC : 1st December 2012 at 08:06.
Old 2nd December 2012, 18:56   #364
BHPian

So the end of season. I thought second half of the year was interesting to watch. Now what would drivers do till the 2013 season starts ?
On a lighter note I got this picture from my friend
Attached Thumbnails
The 2012 Formula One Season-jump.jpg  

_chikku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 23:14   #365
Senior - BHPian

This is one of the main reasons why Alonso is one of the most mature drivers on track IMO.

Quote:
Alonso: 2012 the best season of my life

A week after narrowly missing out on winning the Formula One drivers’ title at the final race of the season in Brazil, Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso has spoken of the great satisfaction he takes from what he describes as a “spectacular” 2012 campaign.

“I am happy with the way things went,” he said. “In the end, we lost the title by three points, however I did the best season of my life and now I can only think of the year to come. It was a miracle to see, race after race, what we managed to achieve: we definitely did not lose the title in Brazil; that happened in Spa and Suzuka. Next year, we will try and improve the car, trying to start further up the grid, thus avoiding accidents. Let’s hope we also have a bit more luck…

“I think in terms of strategy, pit stops, starts, reliability, this has been a perfect year. We all agree the one thing lacking was the car, which meant we could not match the best teams for most of the year. It’s the only thing we need to improve, but it’s also true that it’s the hardest thing to do. With all the difficulties we had, I’m thinking for example of how far behind we were in winter testing, to be able to fight right to the very end for the title means we are a great team.”

In the three years he’s been with Ferrari, Alonso has twice gone into the final race of the season with a chance of winning the title. He’s been unsuccessful on each occasion, but the 31-year-old Spaniard believes the experiences have benefited him.

“Ever since I’ve been at Ferrari, I think I have grown a lot, especially this last year,” he said. “Before, the people had a more or less good opinion of me, but now I notice a whole different level of respect. And then, to be one of the greats of Formula One, it’s not enough to win titles, you must also tackle seasons like the one just ended. Next year? I hope to score three or four points more.”

Alonso will lead an unchanged driver line-up at Ferrari in 2013, as team mate Felipe Massa starts his eighth season with the Scuderia.
Source: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin.../12/14146.html

Probably why this guy is so respected. Even at Brazil, he never ranted about how the car was slower but was so positive in his outlook towards 2013. Now, if only his car's abilities could match his, Vettel might have to look into his RVM a little more often!
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 14:19   #366
BHPian

Saw this on FB. We have to get used to it :-0

The 2012 Formula One Season-image1991951766.jpg
Old 4th December 2012, 14:58   #367
Senior - BHPian

Oh god no!

I have nothing personal against Vettel (obviously) but whenever he takes out that finger, it irritates the hell out of me.
Old 4th December 2012, 15:44   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
This is one of the main reasons why Alonso is one of the most mature drivers on track IMO.
Agree. It is nice to see a mature head on his shoulders now. A true racer. He might not have many seasons left in him but me thinks next season is going to be his.
Old 4th December 2012, 17:46   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Source: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin.../12/14146.html

Probably why this guy is so respected. Even at Brazil, he never ranted about how the car was slower but was so positive in his outlook towards 2013. Now, if only his car's abilities could match his, Vettel might have to look into his RVM a little more often!
Absolutely. Being a Ferrari driver is the most pressured job in F1 by far.
And he's stepped up and delivered over and above expectations.

I can only imagine what he went through seeing his main rival qualifying so frequently on the front row and knowing he has to put in a mega race to finish on the podium. Very frustrating for sure to start from behind each race.
Old 6th December 2012, 13:24   #370
Senior - BHPian

Alonso (being the emotional wreck he is) really played his cards well at Interlagos. There was a brief moment where he wanted to scream out in pain and the cameras were quick to catch him just after he got out of the car. The way he held his emotions was very mature. The most painful bit must have been to stand on the podium knowing he lost the title and on top to answer questions in front of the viewing public. There is a video on www.f1racing.net/en showing he walk up to Vettel and give him a hug and congratulate him.

Nando is by far the best on the grid. Im sure if the cars were swapped, Vettel would have struggled to match the performances nando had shown all season. We all know how short a fuse Vettel has got.

I fear that if Ferrari dont step up and give Alonso a winning car....he will soon fizzle out. To stay on top you need the machinery that will always challenge you. Make duds and the driver just forgets to press the throttle and brakes that much harder.
Old 6th December 2012, 18:32   #371
Senior - BHPian

Not exactly a 2012 season item.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...evels-in-2013/

Another "lottery" season?
Old 6th December 2012, 22:12   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
There was a brief moment where Fernando wanted to scream out in pain and the cameras were quick to catch him just after he got out of the car.

Vettel would have struggled to match the performances nando had shown all season.

I fear that if Ferrari dont step up and give Alonso a winning car....he will soon fizzle out.

That frame you're talking about is when Fernando had a distant, almost empty look in his eyes. He looked completely broken and who could blame him. To work magic with a substandard car, yet to not win the World Championship. I guess that picture spoke a thousand words about his emotions at the time. Yes, he did handle himself very very well after that though.

I guess Vettel wouldn't have come close to Fernando if both of them were put into the F2012. Fernando was in a league of his own and if not for the incidents involving the Lotus drivers, he would probably be the World Champion by now.

I fear that as well. He doesn't have too many seasons left in him and it would absolutely disheartening to see a driver of his calibre win only 2 WDC. Fernando didn't put a foot wrong(No accidents caused by him) this entire season, the car was reliable(Not a single mechanical failure) as well. That means that there are just small kinks that Ferrari need to iron out.

Ferrari seriously need to take a good look at how hard Fernando has worked throughout this season, feel ashamed of themselves for the car they gave him, get down with pen and paper and give him a better car next year. I'm just hoping they're done with their Wind Tunnel problems by now! Williams' investment in a Wind Tunnel a few years ago when Kubica(Ithink) was driving for them yielding excellent results. I'm hoping Ferrari do the same.(It'll help their upcoming F70 as well. )

Some excerpts from his interview with BBC:

Quote:
It was a miracle to see, race after race, what we managed to achieve. I drove the best season of my life and now I can only think of the year to come. Before, people had a more or less good opinion of me, but now I notice a whole different level of respect. To be one of the greats of Formula 1, it's not enough to win titles; you must also tackle seasons like the one that has just ended. Frankly, I'm not that interested in what the opinion is of me in Germany or elsewhere. What I know is that people who see me in the streets hug me and call me gladiator or samurai.
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20579507

His grit, determination and his calm, all deserve applause in my opinion!

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 6th December 2012 at 22:17.
Old 7th December 2012, 09:38   #373
BHPian

Among other reasons, it was majorly thanks to Pirelli we had a delightfully unpredictable start to the season. Here are some numbers to sum up the season from Pirelli's point of view
Old 10th December 2012, 15:46   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Some excerpts from his interview with BBC:

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20579507

His grit, determination and his calm, all deserve applause in my opinion!
Maybe it was Alexander Wurz driving the Williams? They seem to have gone quite well this year. Another magical moment was to see Frank Williams and his epic team win a race.

As for Alonso. He really is a warrior to me! Its going to be quite a task to see him win next year. He has the capabilities and I hope it happens.
Old 11th December 2012, 09:04   #375
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Alonso (being the emotional wreck he is) really played his cards well at Interlagos. There was a brief moment where he wanted to scream out in pain and the cameras were quick to catch him just after he got out of the car. The way he held his emotions was very mature. The most painful bit must have been to stand on the podium knowing he lost the title and on top to answer questions in front of the viewing public. There is a video on www.f1racing.net/en showing he walk up to Vettel and give him a hug and congratulate him.

Nando is by far the best on the grid. Im sure if the cars were swapped, Vettel would have struggled to match the performances nando had shown all season. We all know how short a fuse Vettel has got.

I fear that if Ferrari dont step up and give Alonso a winning car....he will soon fizzle out. To stay on top you need the machinery that will always challenge you. Make duds and the driver just forgets to press the throttle and brakes that much harder.
Same can be said about the other drivers too.

Hamilton had the Fastest car, but mechanical failures and his folly mid season made him fall out of WDC contention.

Schumacher is still at his Best, inspite of numerous mechanical failures (thrice more than his compatriot at Mercedes ) He still managed what best he could with a car much slower than the williams / Sauber / Force India. What if he exchanged seats in the Red-Bull

Fernando is as good as his car, same with Vettel / Hamilton. Drivers like Senna and Schumacher are born once in a lifetime. Presently on the grid, there are none to emulate that kind of Aura.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks