Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:58   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2012 Formula One Season

Yup, confirmed by GPUpdate too.

So another season at the back of the grid. Does HRT have any hope of going up the grid? NK definitely knows better but running at the back of the grid with a car that's hardly updated through the season (thus going further back). I hope things change for him and they at least compete with Marrusia.
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:25   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
Ferrari F1 2012 is being unveiled on line.

Force India will also be launching their car shortly,
Please find Ferrari F1 2012 & Sahara Force India F1 pic from ESPN.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2012 Formula One Season-ferrari-f1-2012.jpg  

The 2012 Formula One Season-sahara-force-india-f1.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2012, 15:33   #78
BHPian

NK is back with HRT for another season. Below are his comments
"It has taken a lot of hard work to make this happen but I am absolutely elated to feature on the 2012 grid with HRTF1Team. I was pleased with our strong performance at the Indian Grand Prix, in front of my passionate home fans and I look forward to building on this result in 2012. I have been training hard since the end of 2011, ensuring I was ready for the rigours of F1 if an opportunity arose. I am delighted to have signed with HRT F1 Team. With the new management, Pedro, and the team, there is definite potential for progress. We need to understand that Formula 1 is new to India, we hosted our first race only last year which was a resounding success. To build on that momentum, an Indian driver will certainly keep the interest engaged throughout the season. I am proud to secure an opportunity to forge a stronger connection between India and Formula 1 once again."
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:47   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
Please find Ferrari F1 2012 & Sahara Force India F1 pic from ESPN.
What is up with those ugly noses?? Strange how Force India and Ferrari both came up with the same solution and launched on the same date. Should we be expecting another spy-gate scandal?
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:54   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Yes yes yes, saw that..thats nice to hear !!! ( I was misquoted by all the news channels - like a politician)
Am not sure how the car is going to be , else they will be outside the 107% and that will be a shame. Pedro is not known to set the track on fire anyways. NK can drive the wheels off, thats a known fact. Will the HRT be any close to their main opponents.

So where is Daniel Riccardio going to ?

Cheers !

Last edited by polopm : 3rd February 2012 at 15:58. Reason: some more comments !
Old 3rd February 2012, 16:45   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
What is up with those ugly noses?? Strange how Force India and Ferrari both came up with the same solution and launched on the same date. Should we be expecting another spy-gate scandal?
It is no more a nose, it is a duck beak

Earlier Mclaren was trying it but they eliminated it in the final launch model.

Waiting eagerly for Mercedes and Red-Bull.

Cheers!
Old 3rd February 2012, 17:41   #82
BHPian

Quote:
The odd / ugly nose is to do with the Safety regulations for 2012. As per Formula1 website " In order to increase safety, for 2012 the FIA has decided to lower the height of the car's front section, primarily to lessen the chance of one's car's nose intruding into the cockpit of another in the event of a side-on collision. This is expected to lead to some rather awkward-looking, stepped-nose designs on the 2012 cars, including Ferrari's new machine."

All car in 2012 would have the same nose, except McLaren who have avoided a stepped-nose design by making the whole front end of the chassis lower.
Old 3rd February 2012, 17:45   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
So where is Daniel Riccardio going to ?
Daniel Riccardio has already landed a seat in Torro Rosso.
Old 3rd February 2012, 19:50   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitku View Post
The odd / ugly nose is to do with the Safety regulations for 2012. As per Formula1 website " In order to increase safety, for 2012 the FIA has decided to lower the height of the car's front section, primarily to lessen the chance of one's car's nose intruding into the cockpit of another in the event of a side-on collision. This is expected to lead to some rather awkward-looking, stepped-nose designs on the 2012 cars, including Ferrari's new machine."

All car in 2012 would have the same nose, except McLaren who have avoided a stepped-nose design by making the whole front end of the chassis lower.
Yes, I know. Just didn't think they would go for such a ugly solution. Hell! the Mclaren looks like a super-model when compared to the Ferrari/Force India. But it's not a beauty contest then, is it!
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:19   #85
BHPian

Its all relative, all cars from 2009 look ugly. Having the seen the 2008 McLaren very closely and seeing the current car, its nothing compared to the old car. But yeah, the blip in the front looks bad on the other cars.
All the more, if McLaren is not doing well, they are going to dump these and jump onto the ugly nose thingy :(

Force India technical director Andy Green says (from espnf1.com)
"The nose height regulation has a very small effect," he added. "It's a much bigger visual effect than it is an aerodynamic effect. Everyone's commenting on it, saying it looks like an ironing board at the front of the car, but I think everyone's going to get used to it. The majority of teams I believe are going to use a similar concept to what we're using."
"McLaren stood out last year as using a completely different front-end concept to everyone else," Green said. "Their system allows them to run the nose lower and the chassis lower, and it's one of the things we tried out last year. We couldn't get it to work and we tried various different systems and this is the one we felt worked the best."

cheers !

Last edited by polopm : 3rd February 2012 at 22:32. Reason: Adding height reg details
Old 7th February 2012, 16:13   #86
mgh
BHPian

Tests have started at Jerez. Text commentary is available at
AUTOSPORT Live: Test day one - F1 Jerez first pre-season test
Old 7th February 2012, 18:05   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
Tests have started at Jerez. Text commentary is available at
Kimi is blazing !

No surprise to see the Iceman going fastest of the lot so far.
RB, Ferrari and McLaren are few seconds behind . Lets watch for the rest of the day how each one fares.
Old 7th February 2012, 18:45   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I know. Just didn't think they would go for such a ugly solution. Hell! the Mclaren looks like a super-model when compared to the Ferrari/Force India. But it's not a beauty contest then, is it!

I guess we'll get used to the cars with that step-nose design like the way we got used to the tiny rear-wings that was introduced in 2009.
Old 7th February 2012, 19:50   #89
BANNED

Testing underway and looks like Kimi is already making his amends

autosport.com - The Photo Gallery

Old 7th February 2012, 22:58   #90
BHPian

It's nice to see Kimi at the top of the time sheets. Only if these times really meant anything!!

Lets hope that at least some of his pace in comparison too the bigger teams is genuine. It will make for some interesting racing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks