Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2018, 18:40   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Formula 1 - The 2019 Silly Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
They're hanging on with pay drivers (and drivers who bring sponsorship) until 2021-2023, when Liberty is expected to bring out a fairer payment structure and budget caps.

Of course, at the same time, they need to improve their WCC standings - staying last means they will receive the least payout (though I think Williams still gets a heritage team payment).
Yes they do get some form of payment for being a heritage team! All that wouldn't add up to them having enough resources to at least being a proper mid-field car. With drink giants Martini also quitting (apparently) at the end of this year, things look bleak for them.

I really think siding with a car manufacturer would be great for them. Mercedes could do a Ferrari-Sauber like arrangement maybe?
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 15:56   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Really happy for Robert Kubica earning a seat at Williams for 2019. Hope he's back to his best. He's one driver that was destined for a lot in F1 but sadly lost out.

He's probably bringing some funding to Williams. Makes me wonder though, how long can Mrs. Williams keep the outfit running? They need a link to some big car manufacturer like they did with BMW at the turn of the millennium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
They're hanging on with pay drivers (and drivers who bring sponsorship) until 2021-2023, when Liberty is expected to bring out a fairer payment structure and budget caps.

Of course, at the same time, they need to improve their WCC standings - staying last means they will receive the least payout (though I think Williams still gets a heritage team payment).
Here is the confirmation. PKL ORLEN, a leading fuel and energy company from Poland announcing its partnership with Williams for 2019.

Link
Makin Rulesz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 19:24   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
Here is the confirmation. PKL ORLEN, a leading fuel and energy company from Poland announcing its partnership with Williams for 2019.

Link

Thanks buddy! It's great to know that Martini and PKN Orlen have come out to support Williams. They really need to stick around at least until Liberty Media come up with their ideas for 2021 and beyond.

Ross Brawn hopefully can work out something that Max Mosley, Bernie and Todt haven't been able to manage.
Old 29th November 2018, 20:22   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy! It's great to know that Martini and PKN Orlen have come out to support Williams. They really need to stick around at least until Liberty Media come up with their ideas for 2021 and beyond.

Ross Brawn hopefully can work out something that Max Mosley, Bernie and Todt haven't been able to manage.
As far as I know Martini is no longer a sponsor for Williams F1 team from 2019

Last edited by Brigadier : 29th November 2018 at 20:23.
Old 1st December 2018, 11:40   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Force India Name will now be history in F1.
Quoting from the source in the following link...
https://in.mobile.reuters.com/articl...mpression=true

Quote:
The Force India name will disappear from Formula One next season, after 11 years of competition, with the British-based team entered as Racing Point F1 on a list published by the governing FIA on Friday.

The chassis name was listed as Racing Point, with the company name Racing Point UK Limited.

The team, who became Force India in 2008 after Indian beer baron Vijay Mallya bought Spyker F1, were taken over in August by Canadian billionaire Lawrence Stroll after going into administration.

They then competed in the second part of the 2018 season as a new Racing Point Force India team to distinguish them from the defunct Sahara Force India co-owned by Mallya and India's Sahara Group.
No Indian drivers, no Indian tracks, no Indian team but we have millions of Schumachers on our roads!!
Old 1st December 2018, 20:05   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Force India Name will now be history in F1.
Quoting from the source in the following link...
https://in.mobile.reuters.com/articl...mpression=true

No Indian drivers, no Indian tracks, no Indian team but we have millions of Schumachers on our roads!!
Well perhaps it should be no Indian owned team in F1 any longer. Even though these F1 teams change hands most of the personnel, their factories, key personnel and the head quarters remain the same.Most of the teams have been based out of UK for decades now through multiple ownership changes. There is in fact a term coined for this "Motorsport Valley". Check out this old report. You can easily make out the new teams. Kind of like Silicon Valley for most of the leading software companies.

For all his misdemeanours I respect the fact that Mallya was able to keep the team punching well above it's weight throughout his ownership. Whether the team is able to continue doing that under the current management remains to be seen. This was the same team that was in the doldrums under Spyker.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 1st December 2018 at 20:08.
Old 2nd December 2018, 08:31   #172
Team-BHP Support

Some other changes in the F1 teams' names:

Quote:
Haas’ recent acquisition of new title sponsor Rich Energy sees them enter as Rich Energy Haas F1 Team and Ferrari becomes Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow following the sponsors appearance on the team’s livery for the final races of 2018.
https://readmotorsport.com/2018/12/0...-name-changes/
Old 3rd December 2018, 19:28   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
As far as I know Martini is no longer a sponsor for Williams F1 team from 2019
That is what I thought too. The official F1 2019 list is out and it only says Williams Racing. I think in 2018 the team was called Martini Williams racing?

Official F1 2019 entry list

Last edited by Fullrevs : 3rd December 2018 at 19:28. Reason: Grammar correction!
Old 5th December 2018, 15:55   #174
BHPian

Quote:
That is what I thought too. The official F1 2019 list is out and it only says Williams Racing. I think in 2018 the team was called Martini Williams racing?

Official F1 2019 entry list
Yup, it was. Williams does quite a bit of R&D work as part of their advanced engineering department which is getting them a tidy sum.
However that is nothing compared to the sponsorship & standings money. Not to mention all the attention that one gets when being up in the order.
Old 5th December 2018, 15:59   #175
BHPian

As per one Mr.Jacques Villeneuve, it is highly possible that Bottas might replace Kubica if he doesn't perform and Ocon will replace Bottas. This situation is possible too. Bottas's driving is heading south and he drove real bad in the Abu Dhabi circuit.
Rewind one year back and he had won it convincingly.
polopm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 00:14   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
As per one Mr.Jacques Villeneuve, it is highly possible that Bottas might replace Kubica if he doesn't perform and Ocon will replace Bottas. This situation is possible too. Bottas's driving is heading south, and he drove real bad in the Abu Dhabi circuit.
Rewind one year back, and he had won it convincingly.
Interesting! I was having similar thoughts just a couple of days back!

If Bottas does not perform, Kimi goes to Mercedes, Bottas goes to Williams and Kubica goes to Sauber. So much is my desire to see Kimi in a championship winning car that I completely missed the Ocon angle.

I still believe Mercedes would have gone with Kimi had they known that Ferrari was not going extend his contract. He is the perfect team man (Bottas isn't!) and is quicker than Bottas. But I think Kimi is going to enjoy his time at Sauber (can't wait for the radio messages )
Old 6th December 2018, 15:52   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
As per one Mr.Jacques Villeneuve, it is highly possible that Bottas might replace Kubica if he doesn't perform and Ocon will replace Bottas. This situation is possible too. Bottas's driving is heading south and he drove real bad in the Abu Dhabi circuit.
Rewind one year back and he had won it convincingly.
Ocon replacing Bottas is possible but Bottas replacing Kubica midseason, don't think that'd happen considering the amount investment made by the sponsor(PKN Orlen) who is backing Kubica.
Old 6th December 2018, 16:47   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samschenker View Post
Ocon replacing Bottas is possible but Bottas replacing Kubica midseason, don't think that'd happen considering the amount investment made by the sponsor(PKN Orlen) who is backing Kubica.
That situation would only come if Kubica is not able to drive fully considering his accident injury. The sponsors cannot force Williams then !
Old 8th December 2018, 19:27   #179
BHPian

Forget next year, Kimi says the time is now

polopm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 19:25   #180
BHPian

https://f1i.com/news/327048-gallery-...dertracks.html

Lovely way to start the new year 2019 !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com