Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2007, 10:02   #2071
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What a boring race...its about time the Hungarian GP is put to rest for better and more exciting tracks.
Old 6th August 2007, 10:10   #2072
Team-BHP Support

Baah. I can't believe in this day and age where we have some excellent track lying unused, F1 still ends up at the dull, drab Hungaroring. Somebody somewhere sure has a good relationship with Bernie.

The only excitement had to be forcibly induced by the (stupid) decision to push Alonso back to 6th (seem's like even the Stewards are in love with Lewis) and the tyre issue.
Old 6th August 2007, 11:14   #2073
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
I thought, MS was heavily penalized for that. He started 22nd on the grid. Isn't it?
I said .. Ferrari wasn't penalised in that incident unlike Mclaren in this case !!!
Old 6th August 2007, 11:36   #2074
Senior - BHPian

Whatever drama unfolded between the qualifying and the race day itself,one cannot take away the talent Hammy has . He has handled the pressure right from lap 1 to 70 by Raikkonen....Hats off to him ...another legend in the making. With each race he is making people forget that he is in his rookie season....awesome kid among the biggies ...in particular his wins are more sweet as Alonso is cornered...and being an all time Schumi fan....cant hide my smiles across...as i feel though Alonso is a talent to watch for ..i somehow feel he is too self centered.....
cheers
Old 6th August 2007, 11:48   #2075
BHPian

I think Fernando Alonso and his team boss deserves to be penalized. What where they trying to prove by holding there own team mate Hamilton in the pit.

Hellcat.
Old 6th August 2007, 12:27   #2076
BHPian

I think Alonso is a cheat and was rightfully demoted to 6th position in qualifying. These days he can't handle the pressure from rookie Hamilton but badly wants his 3rd WDC as well. Remember how many mistakes he was making during the race in Montreal in the 1st corner which actually cost him 4-5 positions in the race.
I think its time he went back to pure racing and leave the poor kid alone. And why do I get the feeling that Ron Dennis wants Alonso as the champion this season and not the rookie?
Old 6th August 2007, 12:36   #2077
BANNED

Gentlemen here are my two thoughts about F1.

Guys I believe whatever will be the outcome of the championship this year it will always be thought of in the shadow of the spying scandal.
I think McLaren should not be let off in the spying scandal.There is clear evidence in front of FIA possesing Ferrari's documents supposedly called the Bible of ferrari containing everything relating to their strategy etc.
In Formula one every tiny info makes a huge difference.
So there will always be a thought at the back of the mind of the people regarding this even when the championship is over.

As far as the rivarly between Alonso and Hamilton is concerned it is exciting to watch.I think Alonso has a slight edge is terms of experience than Hamilton.

All those of you who are going gaga over Hamilton just remember one thing it is also the machinery which matters a lot in F1.
He is lucky to start his career with top team like McLaren.
Even if you put a lesser known driver like Heidfeld etc in a McLaren he would be able to win races.
Other people like Schumi etc had far more impressive debut than Hamilton considering that they started off with lower rung teams and still managed to have quite a decent performance.
Though I would say that the kid has some talent.I am not denying that.
Just wanted this perspective to be looked at as well.

As far some of you taking a dig at Kimi just remember the guy is one of the most unlucky guys in F1 I have seen and in formula one you surely need some luck on your side to succeed.
When he was with McLaren they failed to provide him a stable and reliable car and when they did he proved himself.
Same is the case with Ferrari.They have failed at certain occasions to provide him a reliable car.
Remember the driver has to always drive the car at the edge so think twice before you say that he breaks the car.He does not rather the team fails to provide him one.

And one more point I am 100% sure that Alonso would leave McLaren at the end of the season. Mark my words about this.
Old 6th August 2007, 13:23   #2078
BHPian

"I am 100% sure that Alonso would leave McLaren at the end of the season. Mark my words about this."

Just wondering where will he go next?

Hellcat
Old 6th August 2007, 14:00   #2079
BANNED

He would either go back to Renault or Ferrari if they make some offer to him and relieve Massa.
Old 6th August 2007, 17:22   #2080
Senior - BHPian

This race was as boring as they get.Ferrari has the race pace but dont have the qualifying pace to get a chance on such a track,and i wonder what was Massa's issue,started 14th and finished 13th.I'm telling you, ferrari have lost this WC and they are to blame for it because of their pathetic reliability and silly mistakes.

about Mclaren i dont want to say a word,Hamilton drove well though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellcat View Post

Just wondering where will he go next?
Flavio will take him with both arms wide open.I doubt he will leave Mclaren though as Renault are currently in shambles.

on a side note,
what made Michael Schumacher such a great driver was that he always held his team together,through the bad and good.He may have done a few things wrongs but he never ever blamed Ferrari in his entire career,nor did the ugly things between the team mates ever came out in public.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 6th August 2007 at 17:34.
Old 6th August 2007, 23:31   #2081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post

All those of you who are going gaga over Hamilton just remember one thing it is also the machinery which matters a lot in F1.
He is lucky to start his career with top team like McLaren.
Even if you put a lesser known driver like Heidfeld etc in a McLaren he would be able to win races.
Other people like Schumi etc had far more impressive debut than Hamilton considering that they started off with lower rung teams and still managed to have quite a decent performance.
Though I would say that the kid has some talent.I am not denying that.
Just wanted this perspective to be looked at as well.
If you look at Hamilton's GP2 results last year, you'll know why he got selected for a top team like McLaren and not for a lower rung team as you guys say. He was clearly one of the best out there and Ron Dennis saw the potential in him. Whatever you guys say, no other driver has come up with as many podiums and victories and poles in his debut season as Hamilton. I think this kid's different than all the others so far.
Old 7th August 2007, 12:56   #2082
Senior - BHPian

Hamilton has been associated with Mclaren from the age of 12 or so,it is not because of GP2.Ron Dennis has groomed him to become a WC.
Old 7th August 2007, 13:07   #2083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
If you look at Hamilton's GP2 results last year, you'll know why he got selected for a top team like McLaren and not for a lower rung team as you guys say. He was clearly one of the best out there and Ron Dennis saw the potential in him. Whatever you guys say, no other driver has come up with as many podiums and victories and poles in his debut season as Hamilton. I think this kid's different than all the others so far.
Yea !! with Sujay about Hamilton's exploits and on why he is with a top team like Mc Laren. He is in a league of his own and not only like talent,luck,resources count, its also the temperment,discipline and balance that one has to have to sustain in a sport like F-1 where brute force and pressures are beyond imaginable.

I think its in these areas where ordinary souls fail legends like Schumi, Senna succeeded stamping their authority and personally i just cannot ignore these traits in Hamilton and ofcourse his machine @ McLaren is a huge plus and kudos to top notch strategists and visionaries like Ron Dennis who happen to tap that talent in Hammy.

Being a huge Schumi fan would not have rooted anyone else but with A+ performances through the season and having to deal with this sort of pressure in the rookie season , I would love this kid to nail the championship .And yea, with a selfish team mate like Alonso who cribs and is too self conceited ,Hammy should nail it corenering the spaniard (Sorry Alonso fans --> Nothing Personal about Alonso but his attitude and cheap tricks are not worthy for a championship title).
Old 7th August 2007, 17:42   #2084
Senior - BHPian

Ron Dennis dosent need Alonso anymore. This is the perfect excuse to show him the door and save several millions in the process. Find a good #2 driver for Hamilton.
Old 7th August 2007, 21:00   #2085
F50
Senior - BHPian

Has Mclaren really benefited with the Ferrari data?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks