Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2014, 21:30   #106
Senior - BHPian

2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. 8600 kms, Yoke replaced and steering noise solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
26k is very premature for disc change. Whistling noise also comes if pad has uneven wear. You could have changed the pads first and evaluated the noise before changing the discs.

Ps: see the groove on the brake pad? As long as the Grove is visible you need not change the pad. It still has life left in it. I have also changed all the front brake pads prematurely because I was taken for a ride by the service guys. Next time I will visually inspect the pads before giving a go ahead for the change . Running on 3rd replacement set in 58k kms. For diesel, brake pads last 20k.

The service guy asked me to feel the outer circumference of the disc. The disc surface had become thin and you can make out the lip of the edge. I checked out other cars; the disc surface and the edge were at the same level. I still wonder how I managed to wear out the disc so early. I am very gentle with my car. I don't brake hard and my car runs for only 20km a day. I have put up the pics of my brake pad. The groove is still there no?

Last edited by Pancham : 21st December 2014 at 21:35.
Old 22nd December 2014, 00:23   #107
BHPian

re: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. EDIT : 62000 km up and EPS module changed twice

Quote:
Running on 3rd replacement set in 58k kms. For diesel, brake pads last 20k.
My 2010 i20 CRDi Asta has covered 90700 km till date. I changed my brake pads only twice. First at 39000 km and the next at 76000 km. My usage is 70% City and 30% highway drives.
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:03   #108
Senior - BHPian

Hey my friend Pancham,

I too serviced my car last month and the SA asked me to change the Discs and brakepad. My ODO reads around 32500. I refused to change the Discs and asked only to change the brakepads although i didn't see any difference in braking.

I was surprised when they asked me to change Discs for just 30k. I am driving my cousin's swift and even after 60k in ODO, there are no problems in Disc. Wondering why Hyundai is asking to change Discs for 30k run !!!

-Ravi
Old 22nd December 2014, 13:55   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Hey my friend Pancham,

I too serviced my car last month and the SA asked me to change the Discs and brakepad. My ODO reads around 32500. I refused to change the Discs and asked only to change the brakepads although i didn't see any difference in braking.

I was surprised when they asked me to change Discs for just 30k. I am driving my cousin's swift and even after 60k in ODO, there are no problems in Disc. Wondering why Hyundai is asking to change Discs for 30k run !!!

-Ravi
Hi Ravi

I had told them about changing the pads only but they claimed that since the disc have worn out the new pads wont last long. I also had this checked with another service center. They too claimed that the disc needs to be changed. However, they did not open up the brakes. Instead they just checked the edge of the disc and felt the lip and commented.
Old 20th February 2015, 16:29   #110
BHPian

Guys -
I have a i10 magna 1.2 , 2010 model.
Has done 11K (yes 11,000 only). last oil and filter chnage done 1 year back at 8K ODO.

What service items, if any , should I do now after a year with this low mileage?

thanks,
Saurabh
Old 6th December 2015, 16:48   #111
Senior - BHPian

The car has been doing well. It still drives like new. No irritating rattles at present or any other noises. However, yesterday I went to check out the Polo GT Tsi and during evaluation of my i20 the VW guy pointed out an area in the engine bay which had started to rust. I have tried to point out the area in the below picture. The rust is not visible and you have to crane your neck to see it.

What do I do about it? How much of it is it a worry?

2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. EDIT: 62000 km up & EPS module changed twice-hyundaii2001-copy.jpg

Also, the cap in the encircled area was missing. I dont know how it fell off or if someone wacked it. Is it a problem driving around without the cap since I have no clue for how long I have been driving without it. I noticed it only during the evaluation.

2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. EDIT: 62000 km up & EPS module changed twice-hyundaii2001.jpg

P.S: Pics are taken from the official review.
Old 26th January 2018, 10:23   #112
Senior - BHPian

A 49000 KM update.

So its been a year since I have stopped servicing my car at Hyundai Service Centers and have switched to FNG - Alok Automobiles.

Sumanda, at Alok Automobiles understands the car well and has a quick turnaround time (usually delivers the car in the same day).

This aside, the car has seen the garage thrice in the past 6 months. I am posting the details of the repairs and servicing done during this period to help other members get an idea of the costs involved:

A. 1 August 2017 - Yearly service and some repairs:

1. Power steering motor: INR 5,400.00

2. Motor change (probably labour, I dont remember what this one was for) : INR 650.00

3. Overall service: INR 400.00

4. Engine Oil: INR 1,810.00

5. Oil filter: INR 100.00

6. Spark plugs (4): INR 304.00

7. A.C Service, gas top-up and charging: INR 2,550.00

Total Bill: INR 11,214.00

B. Sometime in November, the clutch started acting weird. Actually it was the rev meter which used to zoom up with hard acceleration (in an irregular way of course). So I took the car again to Sumanda and the following was done:

1. Clutch plate and pressure plate: INR 6,500.00

2. Driver's door handle (had come off) : INR 400.00

3. Key fob (1 pc.) (made it to the original i20 Asta fob, excellent job, I my say): INR 800.00

4. Boot lid hinge: INR 900.00

Total Bill: INR 8,600.00

I am not sure about the costs since I lost the bill, but the figures are more or less close to what I paid.

C. 25 January 2017: I reach the garage with a 'dhap dhap' sound and I am told its the steering suspension. The following was done:

1. Link stabilizer (2 pcs.): INR 3,700.00

2. Tie rod end (2 pcs.): INR 2,180.00

3. Stabilizer bush (2 pcs.): INR 490.00

4. Brake pads: INR 1,130.00

5. Suspension overhaul: INR 2,000.00

6. Steering overhaul: INR 1,800.00

7. Brake overhaul: INR 500.00

Total Bill: INR 11,800.00

So a total of INR 31,614.00 in the 7th year of ownership. I still have to change the tires which will be another 17K I suppose.

Last edited by Pancham : 26th January 2018 at 10:27.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 16:27   #113
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. Update: 62000 Kms Completed

62000 Update:

The car ownership has been mostly uneventful except for 2 things:

1. I have moved to Delhi and I drove the car (along with 2 other BHPians) from Kolkata.

I recently shifted jobs and consequently, I was asked to move from Kolkata to Delhi. So I moved to Delhi in June 2019 and for the initial few days I tried to manage commuting to office by metro. It was fun (and cheap) for the initial few days after which I realized that not having a car in Delhi could actually be a pain especially if you have daily/weekly errands to run. I had initially made up my mind to get a 2nd hand City/Civic and use it for 2-3 years till I get something better. However, the i20 was lying at home unused and considering its in its 9th year, not using for prolonged periods would eventually sound the death knell for the car. So I decided to bring it to Delhi.

Since this is my first personal car it is quite special to me and I have uncountable memories with the car and I have managed to keep it in decent shape as well. Except for the usual wear and tear the car has not given me any major issues. However, selling it has crossed my mind several times. I wanted to get the Octavia this year but moving to Delhi changed a lot of things. So here I was, back with my i20.

Once I made up my mind to bring the car in Delhi, I had to figure out a way to transport it here. To be honest I wanted an excuse to drive it from Kolkata. After contacting a few movers and packers I decided to drive it here. Two main reasons: 1) I wanted a long road trip, 2) It was way more economical.

In between all this I met two of the nicest BHPians in Delhi - JKDS and Altocumulus. To be honest I needed the push and they were not only encouraging about driving from Kolkata but also accompanied me in this endeavor.

So the plan was made: JKDS, Altocumulus and I were to leave for Delhi from Kolkata on the 21st of July. The plan was to drive non-stop from Kolkata as all 3 of us were available to take the wheel.

The plan worked. We completed the trip in 24 hours excluding the breaks. The car performed pretty well. No complains, no scrapes, no nothing. Business as usual. I had gotten the car serviced just a month before the trip, wipers and tires were new, however, the car is quite old so I was a bit skeptical. Nevertheless, it went pretty well.

Cut to the future (2 weeks forward), the car is here in Delhi and is doing pretty well. Delhi traffic is suiting it pretty ok. Parallel to all this the car was having one major/minor niggle which kept bothering me all through out. It was the Steering EPS module that has plagued almost all Hyundai models from 2009- 2013/2014. It struck my car twice.

2. The EPS module conked off twice in 2 years and the ordeal I had to go through.

The EPS module when it stops working in Hyundai cars stiffens the steering. As per my experience, when it happened for the first time time in December 2017, the steering used to lose power when taking really tight 2-3 point turns. After the loss of power the EPS light in the dash would come up.

I took the car to Sumanda of Alok Automobiles, an FNG quite famous amongst Bhpians in Kolkata. I have been getting my car serviced there since 2016. He checked and replaced the module for INR 5500 (approx.)

Cut to 2019, the problem reappears again. I take the car to him and for some reason he fails to recognize the issue. Since it was early days of the problem, it did not reappear quite often and that could be the reason he did not acknowledge that the problem was back.

Just before leaving for Delhi I decided to take the car to him one more time as I did not want to take any chances since it was a 1500Km trip. This time he acknowledged, however, the part was not available and I could not get it fixed. Nevertheless, I drove the car to Delhi without any issues. In the meantime (during the drive) JKDS suggested that I source the part from an authorized Hyundai Part re-seller and get it fixed by Imtiaz (another famous FNG guy amongst bhpians, but in Delhi).

So one Saturday, the 3 of us went to Kashmiri Gate and picked up the part. What surprised me was the price. It costed me INR 8350 (as compared to INR 5500, the previous time I got it done).

INR 8350 was the cheapest. First of all, the part is very difficult to find, even at a place like Kashmiri Gate. And, INR 8350 was the cheapest I could get. Bought it from BKS motors.

Imtiaz was not available so I got the part fixed by Babu. Imtiaz, Babu, Ayub are all excellent mechanics who work on cars in GK II. Babu, a gentleman himself, was so shy that he did not even ask for any money after fitting the part. (I paid him anyway). I guess it was because of the good relations JKDS and Altocumulus had built with them over the years.

However, here starts the ordeal. The part was new and hopefully it was original. BUT the problem did not go away. The steering would still shudder and jerk and would sometimes be light and sometimes be very hard. I got really sad. After all the effort of getting the part and all the pain, the entire mission was unsuccessful.

Day before yesterday, while I was still using the car with the EPS not fully working (it was manageable but was bothering me a lot), I took the car to Nimbus Hyundai, here in Noida. The guys fixed the car in less than 120 seconds. It was a coding issue. They pointed out that since the part was fixed by an FNG they would not have access to the software and codes. The steering is perfectly normal now and works fine.

So guys, everyone who is suffering from the EPS failure, here are a few tips:

1. Try and get it done from the authorised service center. They charge around 10.5 to 11K. I got mine from Kashmiri Gate for INR 8350+ INR 200 (fitting charge) + INR 826 (coding)= INR 93XX. I think the difference is not worth all the effort of sourcing the part yourself.

2. If you decide to get it done from outside do get it coded.

3. MOST IMPORTANT: There are 2 types of jobs offered when it comes to EPS failure: 1. Replace/new part, 2. Repairing the old part (half the price). I am not sure how I was charged only INR 5500 last time. I somehow feel I was given a repaired module last time considering the price charged to me and that it lasted only 1.5 year.

So please try and get a new one and dont get it repaired.

These were my 2~3 cents on the EPS failure.

The car is at 62000KMs and is running fine.

Special thanks to JKDS and Altocumulus for accompanying me from Kolkata to Delhi and helping me source the part (also introducing Kashmiri Gate to me).

Some pictures from the road trip (first one), couple from when I reached Delhi and took the car for a wash and the last ones are from the visit to Babu for the EPS module replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. EDIT: 62000 km up & EPS module changed twice-whatsapp-image-20190809-4.30.17-pm.jpeg  

2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. EDIT: 62000 km up & EPS module changed twice-whatsapp-image-20190809-4.30.18-pm.jpeg  

2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. EDIT: 62000 km up & EPS module changed twice-whatsapp-image-20190809-4.31.26-pm1.jpeg  

2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. EDIT: 62000 km up & EPS module changed twice-whatsapp-image-20190809-4.30.18-pm1.jpeg  

2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. EDIT: 62000 km up & EPS module changed twice-whatsapp-image-20190809-4.31.26-pm.jpeg  

2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. EDIT: 62000 km up & EPS module changed twice-whatsapp-image-20190809-4.31.28-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Pancham : 9th August 2019 at 16:50.
Pancham is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 00:32   #114
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. EDIT : 62000 km up and EPS module changed twice

Service Update

This post should have come before the previous one.

A. 5XXXX km update (dont remember the exact KM)- 8th year of the car.

The following work was done from the FNG - Alok Automobiles on 8 Sept 2018:

1. Engine Oil: INR 1,260.00

2. Oil Filter: INR 100.00

3. Air Filter: INR 389.00

4. Coolant: INR 380.00

5. Brake Lamp Switch: INR 440.00

6. Fan Belt: INR 778.00

7. Belt Change labour: INR 200.00

8. Service, cleaning and all: 450.00

9. A.C Gas and servicing: INR 1,200.00

Total Bill: INR 5,197.00

B. 59500 km update - 9th year of the car.

The following work was done from the FNG - Alok Automobiles on 22 June 2019:

1. Engine Oil: INR 1,900.00

2. Oil Filter: INR 98.00

3. Air Filter: INR 309.00

4. Fan Belt: INR 720.00

5. Belt Change labour: INR 100.00

6. Service, cleaning and all: 450.00

7. A.C Gas and servicing: INR 1,250.00

Total Bill: INR 4,827.00

Based on my recent experiences I am in all probability going back to Hyundai A.S.S for servicing.

Last edited by Pancham : 10th August 2019 at 00:35.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 13:52   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. EDIT: 62000 km up & EPS module changed twice

Why is fan belt replaced twice within an year?

Also AC gas recharge within a year means there is a leak somewhere. Suggest you get it checked.
Old 12th August 2019, 14:12   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why is fan belt replaced twice within an year?

Also AC gas recharge within a year means there is a leak somewhere. Suggest you get it checked.
To be honest during the 9th year service (last one) I didn't remember changing the fan belt in 2018 (8th year Service). If I did, I would have asked him. I had lost the receipt and the list of jobs carried out in 2018. Just before writing this post I started looking for it and I found a picture of the receipt in my phone and then I noticed this.

However, during the 9th year service, he did show me the belt and it was not in a good shape and they changed it in front of me.

About the AC, yes I asked them (Alok Automobiles) about this as well and they said its normal for the gas to last a year. Again, a built up of all these things and a decent experience at Nimbus Hyundai has urged me to get the car serviced from an A.S.S from next time.

P.S: Next time is next year. I am getting my car serviced annually/10000 KMs whichever comes earlier.

P.S.S: I have been all praise for Alok Automobiles (quite well known amongst Bhpians in Kolkata and my go to FNG in Kolkata) but my recent experiences have not been the best. Its very economical to get the car serviced from them, however, I can list a range of issues (E.g. A.C, EPS module) that has happened in the recent past that has left a bad taste unfortunately.

Last edited by Pancham : 12th August 2019 at 14:23.
Old 12th August 2019, 14:17   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
To be honest during the 9th year service (last one) I didn't remember changing the fan belt in 2018 (8th year Service). If I did, I would have asked him. I had lost the receipt and the list of jobs carried out in 2018. Just before writing this post I started looking for it and I found a picture of the receipt in my phone and then I noticed this.

However, during the 9th year service, he did show me the belt and it was not in a good shape and they changed it in front of me.

About the AC, yes I asked him (Alok Automobiles) about this as well and he said its normal for the gas to last a year. Again, a built of all these things and a decent experience at Nimbus Hyundai has urged me to get the car serviced from A.S.S from next time.

P.S: Next time is next year. I am getting my car serviced annually/10000 KMs whichever comes earlier.
1 year is definitely not OK for AC gas to get depleted if the AC system is healthy.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 08:56   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1 year is definitely not OK for AC gas to get depleted if the AC system is healthy.
66666kms Update

Got the AC cooling coil changed last weekend from Manjeet at Cooldays. Here is a detailed update on the relevant thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi...ml#post4769532 (Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi))

The car touched 66666km yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. EDIT: 62000 km up & EPS module changed twice-whatsapp-image-20200315-8.55.45-am.jpeg  

Old 27th November 2020, 15:09   #119
Senior - BHPian

ODO update: 67500KMs

After owning a Hyundai for close to 10 years, for the first time, I had a rather fairy tale experience with the A.S.S (Mukesh Hyundai) here in Kolkata. This has been a bit of a boring ownership thread with not much serious activity but I do like to keep the maintenance log updated since i20 is quite popular in the used car market.

A bit of a background

I love this car. This was my first 'everything' car. So I am very attached to it. Yes, its an i20 petrol and has a boring engine, blah blah! But to be a car enthusiast, I don't think you have to have the fastest and greatest engine out there. The car is an overall allrounder in my opinion with its share of up and downsides.

As highlighted above, the car was driven to New Delhi along with 2 other very kind and dear Bhpians last July as I shifted there for work. The car was serving me fine until the lockdown started and it was grounded for a good few months. It went out but only for short trips. This went on till June 21st when I decided to head back to Kolkata for a few weeks only. The plan was to fly down, which I did and left the car in NCR.

[Alas, its November, and I am still in Kolkata]

Sometime, in September, I realised its too much. The car has been lying in NCR for a good 3 months. So I requested Bhpian Altocumulus (AC) to use it for a few months till I get back. One common trait observed in my i20 was that the moment it sits for more than a month something breaks. So it did. The day he (along with Bhpian JKDS) went to collect the keys from my neighbor/landlady the car would not start. He had to jump start the car; the second and the most important issue was that the steering wheel had lost power. People well-acquainted with Hyundai cars will know about the infamous EPS motor issue. He carefully took the car home and kept it for a few days till he visited a Hyundai dealer (on my recommendation) in Noida who blindly quoted 30K to change everything that is connected to the steering wheel - rack, motor, module. Obviously, he came back without getting the work done.

Fast forward to Oct end - early Nov

I will be honest. I started missing my i20 by now. And the fact that it was lying more or less idle with the 'power-less' steering wheel pained me. So I checked with Agarwal Packers and Movers and got it transported to Kolkata. More details here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4930066 (Packers & Movers: Post all queries here)
I realised I will be in Kolkata for some time now and I can take my sweet time to get it fixed here.

During this time and throughout Sept - Nov, I was getting quite anxious about the steering issue. The H.A.S.S quoting 30k got me thinking if I actually wanted to shell out that kind of moolah on a 10 year old car. Also, my experience with FNGs has been poor and I did not want to go that route this time for a key component as the steering module. Moreover, this has been a recurring issue in my car (details in the previous posts). I was also worried about garages/A.S.S giving me absurd quotes without really checking the real issue - typical replace it all without repair/diagnosis attitude.

Nevertheless, during the time when the car was in transit, I started watching Youtube videos on the EPS related issues with Hyundai car. There were many and I stumbled upon a Hyundai technician who makes videos about various issues in the H cars. The videos were quite informative and genuine. He seemed to know what he is doing. More importantly, he did a thorough diagnosis of all the cars before coming to any conclusions. Boy, I thought, he will be a good candidate to fix the steering issues in my car.

Now, the search for this Hyundai technician began.

In one of his videos, I noticed the cars in his workshop had West Bengal plates and my eyes lit up. I checked his Youtube 'About' page and he had mentioned his name - "Tarak Das". I googled and found
out this: https://www.financialexpress.com/ind...event/1332261/

He was one of the prize winners in the Skill Olympics and he works in Mukesh Hyundai.

Why was I happy? Ever since I got my car in 2011, oddly enough, I had never ever gotten my car serviced with Mukesh Hyundai (MH). These guys were the first (or one of the first after Bengal Hyundai) Hyundai dealers here in East India. Also, last year, my mother took her new Santro to get its 1st service done there and she praised how well the staff treated her. Although, she credited her age and white hair but also highlighted how nice and prompt the staff were. And, in the last week of Oct 2020, I took the Santro to them for its 2nd free service. I had an equally good experience. So it was not the age or white hair for sure.

So, now I had the following:

a. Name of technician - Tarak Das
b. Name of H.A.S.S where he worked - Mukesh Hyundai

There was one catch though. MH has multiple workshop all across the state. Not sure which one he worked for, on a rather free day, I started frantically looking for his phone number. I went though the comments in his YT channel, googled him, searched him on Facebook but to no avail. As I had almost reached my limit as a stalker, I thought of giving a final try by searching his YT channel in Facebook and voila!!! It had a phone number. Quickly dialed him. No Answer!

A couple of hours later I get a call from the number - and it was him. Yes Yes!! I know, all this might sound absurd but the thought of getting my car fixed from a good reliable technician was my sole motive for the day. The issue had plagued my car for quite a while now (since 2017 to be precise). And it was back again to haunt me as the car laid idle during the lockdown.

I spoke to him and explained to him the whole situation and that I was getting the car transported from Delhi to Kolkata to get the issue fixed. He listened to me patiently and asked me to call him as soon as my car arrives. The car arrived in 5 days flat from Delhi and we fixed up an appointed right after Diwali.

I was going to meet a Youtuber (Well, he has quite a following)

Since the car was not in a drivable condition as the steering wheel was rock solid (almost) I had requested for a pick up and drop from them. Also, I knew I had to drop off the car at the workshop so getting back in public transport during these COVID times was not something on my agenda. So I followed the pick up guy - Indrajeet in my Santro. He drove the i20 quite well with that steering wheel.

Car at the service floor.
2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. EDIT: 62000 km up & EPS module changed twice-1.jpeg
2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. EDIT: 62000 km up & EPS module changed twice-2.jpeg
The car reached the A.S.C sharp at 10am and I was promptly attended by Tarak. There he was - a Youtuber technician. Wow. Jokes apart, he, along with another Service Advisor, Mr. Gupi quickly ran a thorough diagnostic. The visit would also entail a routine service - oil/filter change, etc.

Tarak, along with Abhijeet (he is another Youtuber btw with an even larger following) quickly checked the car. The issue was the EPS motor. How much - INR 4500 + Labour. Would you believe it? 30K to 5k. This is cheaper even after spending on transporting the car from Delhi (20k). This was a dream run. I knew I was in good hands, I got the correct quote, diagnosis was top notch and to top it all he said he would get the car ready by next morning. I was head over heels. Literally. However, the part was not available. Not to worry - Tarak said he will arrange it by evening from another one of their workshops. Did he? Yes.

We chit-chatted for 10 minutes. He explained how they work here and that he looks after/supervises the technical side in MH. Fully satisfied, I returned home in my Santro.

At 8pm, I got a call from him confirming the arrival of the part and that he has already fixed it. Steering works fine now. The car will be ready by tomorrow first half.

I was relieved. Next day I reach in the evening as I had back to back meetings till 5pm. Tarak had assured me that he would stay back late for me so that I could come after work. I was not super late and he was there with Mr. Gupi.

The car steering issue was gone. The wheel felt like the issue never existed. The car was cleaned and the interiors were polished. I also had the headlight replaced as it had cracked. Gupi explained to me the bill details. Tarak came with me to the car and asked me to keep it in use for as long as possible and let him know if there are any more issues.

Overall, the experience, their behaviour and their conduct, only instilled confidence. To be honest, I have had average to poor experience with every other Hyundai A.S.S in my city and in NCR. And then this happened. Compared to the INR 30k quote received from the NCR HASS for only the steering work, I got the entire 70k service done along with the steering problem fixed at INR 16.5K.

Details of the work done:

2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. EDIT: 62000 km up & EPS module changed twice-4.jpg
2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. EDIT: 62000 km up & EPS module changed twice-5.jpg

Few learnings:

1. I need to regularly use the car. i20s are not good when sitting idle for days.
2. Going forward, my service costs will be expensive
3. Not all A.S.S are bad. When one A.S.S turns out to be lemon we can look elsewhere. Although, I do feel I was very lucky here

I returned home quite relieved and happy. Indrajeet took over the Santro and I drove the i20 back home. First time since June.

2011 Hyundai i20 Asta. EDIT: 62000 km up & EPS module changed twice-3.jpeg

Conclusion

You know what this experience did to me? I was thinking of selling the car. Now, I am having second thoughts. This is what a good service experience can do to you.

Last edited by Pancham : 27th November 2020 at 15:25.
Pancham is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 15:43   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the niggling issue with your i20. The MDPS motor was replaced even on my i20 in the Jan this year.

I regularly watch videos uploaded by Abhijeet in his a2z car service channel on YT and have gained a lot of knowledge on Hyundai cars from him. It has helped me a few times from getting fleeced at the HASS for issues. Infect, the guys at the HASS were surprised as well as annoyed last time I went their for a reverse light issue , when I saw through their bluff and pointed them to the root cause of the problem which cost me 10% of the cost the HASS was quoting. Naturally, they were annoyed
sagarpadaki is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed