Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2011, 13:31   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: My Gen3 Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi Sep2011 1,05,000km done EDIT: SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Thanks Swanand, absolutely loving the fact that a tankful costs < Rs. 2,000/-
Absolutely, tankfull is around 1500 or even lesser. Feels amazing. What is even more amazing is the FE that this returns. My almost 2 yr old returns close to 19 in city and around 22 -23 on hwy runs! Efficiency at its best!

Quote:
I wouldn't be getting a front screen film. I liked the ones on your Laura. Is it the same one you are talking about? Is 70% visibility legal?
I suggest, get the front screen film. It works like a charm against those high beamers. Also, yes mine are the same 70% visibility ones. Have'nt been pulled over till date. so should be legal . No, they are legal.

Saw 4 white Gen3 Swifts last evening. All in different areas. Is MSIL selling only white Swifts?
Old 21st September 2011, 13:54   #47
Senior - BHPian

nice report Kiran. my sasurji too is sold out on the new swift. but we both are facing an unusual problem.

if someone wants to sit behind the drivers seat comfortably and when i move the drivers seat a bit towards front my bottom part of legs touch the part that i have marked in white, which makes very uncomfortable to drive.

it is too low as compared to other cars.

can you try driving in that position and comment?
Attached Thumbnails
My Gen3 Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi Sep2011 1,05,000km done EDIT: SOLD-swift.jpg  

Old 21st September 2011, 15:18   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Absolutely, tankfull is around 1500 or even lesser. Feels amazing. What is even more amazing is the FE that this returns. My almost 2 yr old returns close to 19 in city and around 22 -23 on hwy runs! Efficiency at its best!
I suggest, get the front screen film. It works like a charm against those high beamers. Also, yes mine are the same 70% visibility ones. Have'nt been pulled over till date. so should be legal . No, they are legal.
I am expecting the FE to go up after I cross 10k kms. Right now getting 17.3 in the city.

Any guess on the price to pay for 70% 3M?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
if someone wants to sit behind the drivers seat comfortably and when i move the drivers seat a bit towards front my bottom part of legs touch the part that i have marked in white, which makes very uncomfortable to drive.
I haven't driven in that position but I know what you are talking about. Short drivers would face the problem you did. Basically the end of the dashboard towards the pedals is pulled down quite low. At a certain seating position, the drivers legs (fibula) will rub against the dash board while operating the clutch / brake.

Last edited by moralfibre : 21st September 2011 at 15:19.
Old 21st September 2011, 15:31   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You CAN, very easily. Remember, the resale of the old Swift is absolutely sweet. There's not much you'll have to throw in to upgrade.
I was hoping for Jimny but it seems to remain like a dream, so just a though for now.

Quote:
The old ones were quite poor if you agree with me?
When loaded absolutely yes, with just 2 of us am pretty much ok.

Quote:
Do you think the NVH will drop after about 9k kms? I will be switching to synthetic after 10k kms. What grade have you been using?
100% yes, by 5k you will feel the difference and by 10k it will finally settle down. Atleast thats what happened with my car.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 16:29   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I haven't driven in that position but I know what you are talking about. Short drivers would face the problem you did. Basically the end of the dashboard towards the pedals is pulled down quite low. At a certain seating position, the drivers legs (fibula) will rub against the dash board while operating the clutch / brake.
i dont think short drivers will face that. i am almost 5.9 and person sitting behind me was 5.7, at the position which i was taking about he hardly had comfortable space behind. he felt very congested.

i couldnt take the seat further as i was not able to press clutch as my leg was being obstructed by the part which i marked.

i dont think its a smart design to take that plastic part so low as its not covering anything.
Old 21st September 2011, 16:45   #51
BHPian

Quote:
nice report Kiran. my sasurji too is sold out on the new swift. but we both are facing an unusual problem.

Hey Amit, on a different note, I see from the pic that you have installed the OE ICE on your VDi/VXi. Can you please share the cost of the same? Also, have you installed the OE speakers (including tweeters) or after market ones? If yes, can you share the cost of those too? Does the fit match the factory fit in the ZDi/ZXi?

Thanks.
Old 21st September 2011, 17:39   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i dont think its a smart design to take that plastic part so low as its not covering anything.
if its not covering anything, can you just remove it? It looks like a fit in panel. if not, perhaps you could ask *** to remove it in your presence and then decide if you want to put it back on. Depending on what skeletons lie in that cupboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Check with the cheapest car accessories walah. Heck, even get quotes from a couple of them before settling with one.
And keep us updated! I am looking for front sunfilm too

Last edited by selfdrive : 21st September 2011 at 18:04.
Old 21st September 2011, 17:50   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am expecting the FE to go up after I cross 10k kms. Right now getting 17.3 in the city.
Any guess on the price to pay for 70% 3M?
17.3 for a brand new car is not bad at all! As rightly stated, expect that to rise too, post 10k.

For the 70% 3M, they charged me close to 10k for all the windows (front and back included). But that was for the Laura. For a Swift, I am sure it would be much less. Check with the cheapest car accessories walah. Heck, even get quotes from a couple of them before settling with one.
Old 22nd September 2011, 01:00   #54
BHPian

Quote:

23Mar'11 to be precise.
That's still better.
Situation at ours place is even more worse.
Dealers here are yet delivering to Feb2011-beginning Orders, which is even made more worse by MSIL plant shutdowns.
Don't know when my Swifty will arrive as I've booked mine ZDi on 20th of July2011.
My guess points at Feb next year but One of my cousin who've recently bought New Ford Figo insists me to go for Figo than to wait indefinitely.
What's your take !
Old 22nd September 2011, 08:32   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheelin_KD View Post
Hey Amit, on a different note, I see from the pic that you have installed the OE ICE on your VDi/VXi. Can you please share the cost of the same? Also, have you installed the OE speakers (including tweeters) or after market ones? If yes, can you share the cost of those too? Does the fit match the factory fit in the ZDi/ZXi?
Thanks.
Amit did not get OE ICE. Heck, he doesn't even have the new Swift yet. Member karanraheja had posted it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
if its not covering anything, can you just remove it? It looks like a fit in panel. if not, perhaps you could ask *** to remove it in your presence and then decide if you want to put it back on. Depending on what skeletons lie in that cupboard
It would look ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
My guess points at Feb next year but One of my cousin who've recently bought New Ford Figo insists me to go for Figo than to wait indefinitely.
What's your take !
My take? If you have the patience wait. Its well worth it.

For everyone looking to install components in your Swift L / V series, I strongly recommend getting the tweeter pods from the Z version. It should be available after spares start making their way into dealerships. Here's a picture for reference taken from Racer_X's review thread. Hopefully someone will put better pictures.

My Gen3 Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi Sep2011 1,05,000km done EDIT: SOLD-dsc03183.jpg

Two good features I accidentally discovered in the car:
- Unlock the car and standby for about 20-25 seconds. The car will auto-lock thereby correcting any accidental unlocks.
- If the boot / bonnet lid is open and you lock the car with your remote, it will lock the doors with three beeps unlike the usual single beep.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:02   #56
BHPian

Quote:
That's still better.
Dealers here are yet delivering to Feb2011-beginning Orders, which is even made more worse by MSIL plant shutdowns.
Don't know when my Swifty will arrive as I've booked mine ZDi on 20th of July2011.
What's your take !
Same is the case at my place. I had called the dealer yesterday to enquire about the delivery, the dealer clearly tolde me to wait till Feb 2012 for Zdi delivery.
I dont know as of now if i would be able to wait till then. Lets see if in another 1 month i get any good news or else I have to think again.
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:50   #57
BHPian

Quote:
- Unlock the car and standby for about 20-25 seconds. The car will auto-lock thereby correcting any accidental unlocks.
- If the boot / bonnet lid is open and you lock the car with your remote, it will lock the doors with three beeps unlike the usual single beep.
Nice find Moral!!
Need to look for more hidden features. Not planning to read the manual for a while and figure stuff on my own.
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:14   #58
BHPian

Quote:

Both these features were there in the ZXi variant which came with OEM Nippon security system with remote locking/unlocking. The standby time is more like 10-15 seconds. Mine is the 2006 ZXi and has both these features too.

I have seen most cars with factory fitted security systems have (should have) this auto-lock feature after 10-15 secs of inactivity from the time you unlock the doors using the remote.

Quote:
That's still better.
Your post does not give me any encouragement . I booked the ZDi on 21st July. The dealer has no clue when the car will arrive. He has become a good story-teller by now.

I saw the new VDi few days back. The only one I have seen so far in Mumbai. And it was white too .
fuel_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 21:39   #59
Team-BHP Support

A little birdie came by and gifted me this.

Name:  image1288211503.png
Views: 4532
Size:  910.2 KB

The car is all set to be ICE'ed this weekend.
moralfibre is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 00:42   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Four years back when I proudly claimed the same thing as a great feature, my balloon got instantly pricked.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...tml#post617241
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks