Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2014, 14:27   #241
Senior - BHPian

re: The ULTIMAT3 - F30 BMW 328i EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust & INJEN intake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
What happened to your Fortuner?
It is obvious he does not like driving that bus, even over a short distance.

I believe the new 3 series in India come with the rough road package which increases GC to 158mm. 140 mm is standard US/European GC. That is where Adi is complaining and he wanted a lowered stance for the car to look sporty.
sandeep108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 15:19   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The ULTIMAT3 - F30 BMW 328i EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust & INJEN intake!

Quote:
What happened to your Fortuner?
The Fortuner was probably hauling 14 people at that time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
It is obvious he does not like driving that bus, even over a short distance.
BUS ? You may call it a TRUCK instead.

C'mon sandeep i love that car too, in fact i keep telling every one it is the most versatile car in the Indian market & i believe my best buy so far

Last edited by karan561 : 9th January 2014 at 15:24.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 15:31   #243
Senior - BHPian

Must be some great wedding...or party hauling all those guests.

Bus/Truck whatever. That is what it must be as compared to the nimble 328i.

Of course buses and trucks are useful and/or versatile. And nobody will bother to let the 328i go past (you will go past them without them even realising it), but come up in the Fortuner (especially the white ones) and everybody thinks you are a VIP and let you pass.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 9th January 2014 at 15:34.
sandeep108 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 11:27   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Headlamps Replacement Under Warranty;

Had noticed a sort of granular dots formation over the headlamps which was visible only from certain angles & here is a reference pic;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-photo-1.jpg

^ It looks like water droplets over the surface of the headlamps but the real thing was that when you touch the headlamps it felt granular.

This definitely wasn't there at the time of the delivery of the vehicle but somehow had developed after a few months of ownership.

Also another bit was that the left headlamp had more of this than the right.

I showed this to the BMW Service center & their team helped me out with this to put up my matter to BMW Germany and sent pics & an entire description to ask for the replacement.

In totality it took a good two months with regular follow ups for them to decide on the complaint & they finally granted me a replacement for both the headlamps

So the headlamps finally arrived;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-photo-3.jpg

A close up shot of the packaging;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-photo-2.jpg

A direct import from Germany & the price tag is a whopping INR 84k/piece

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-photo-4.jpg

Fitting done & finally the car is lined up for a well deserved wash;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-photo-5.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 24th January 2014 at 11:43.
karan561 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 20:57   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Won a podium finish (2nd) by clocking 14.6xx secs in the 1/4 mile Drag Race event at the Valley Run 2014

Smoking up the tires, a perfect pre launch Burnout;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-1.jpg

Stage is set;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-2.jpg

A near perfect launch ! Oh yea .. i beat that black Z4 (in the opposite lane) which clocked 14.8xx secs

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-3.jpg

& Finally;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-4.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 4th February 2014 at 21:01.
karan561 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 21:16   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Won a podium finish (2nd) by clocking 14.6xx secs in the 1/4 mile Drag Race event at the Valley Run 2014

Smoking up the tires, a perfect pre launch Burnout;
Congratulations Karan561!
Its really great to see your car shining in every picture. Hats off to the effort you put in to keep her looking new always. Truly an inspiration for lazy people like me.

One question, please pardon my ignorance but I'm really curious to know how you did the burnout on your car? I can imagine doing it in a car with manual transmission but not in one that has an auto gearbox.
Thanks in advance.
275BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 21:31   #247
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275BHP View Post
One question, please pardon my ignorance but I'm really curious to know how you did the burnout on your car? I can imagine doing it in a car with manual transmission but not in one that has an auto gearbox.
Thanks in advance.
Well simply put of traction control, press the brakes with your left foot, and press the accel with your right, and keep the gearbox in manual mode. Not the best thing for your torque converter, but once in a while its fine.
Akshay1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 12:01   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Karan561!
Its really great to see your car shining in every picture. Hats off to the effort you put in to keep her looking new always. Truly an inspiration for lazy people like me.
Thanks so much man, i appreciate your kind words

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Well simply put of traction control, press the brakes with your left foot, and press the accel with your right, and keep the gearbox in manual mode. Not the best thing for your torque converter, but once in a while its fine.
Thanks for the explanation, but this can happen without shifting to Manual mode too
Old 5th February 2014, 22:08   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had noticed a sort of granular dots formation over the headlamps which was visible only from certain angles & here is a reference pic;
Hi Karan

Congratulations on the lovely performance at the drag.

I think my E's headlights are having the same problem as yours. When one touches the surface of one can feel grains on the headlight. I dont actually know what it is and how they came?
Although my detailer says that, its due to the tar on the road that is has stuck on to the headlights.
I'll try and get mine replaced under warranty too

Rohin
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 23:01   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Hi Karan

Congratulations on the lovely performance at the drag.

I think my E's headlights are having the same problem as yours. When one touches the surface of one can feel grains on the headlight. I dont actually know what it is and how they came?
Although my detailer says that, its due to the tar on the road that is has stuck on to the headlights.
I'll try and get mine replaced under warranty too

Rohin
Hey Rohin,

Thanks for the wishes

Regarding your headlamps replacement do not try & make it a issue due to external damage but fight on the basis of a manufacturing defect.

Also tell them that this case (if they replace) will help them / R&D team to analyze the cause of such damage to headlamp & will help them prevent such future manufacturing defects, more like a corrective action / preventive action case.

All the best
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 05:47   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding your headlamps replacement do not try & make it a issue due to external damage but fight on the basis of a manufacturing defect.

Also tell them that this case (if they replace) will help them / R&D team to analyze the cause of such damage to headlamp & will help them prevent such future manufacturing defects, more like a corrective action / preventive action case.
Thanks a ton.

Shall speak to the dealership guys and try to get it replaced.
Will keep you updated.

Last edited by cityvic : 8th February 2014 at 05:48.
Old 8th February 2014, 10:11   #252
BANNED

Congratulations on the win!

I got some questions though ,why were your mirrors closed ?

And ,did you get to keep the old headlights or were they sent back to Germany for some R&D ?
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 14:03   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Congratulations on the win!

I got some questions though ,why were your mirrors closed ?
Hey,

Thats a neat observation there my friend, was waiting for someone to point out.

Well folding the mirror inwards / keeping them closed helps in better aerodynamics of the car & hence a better trap speed.

Had read it somewhere so applied it

Quote:
And ,did you get to keep the old headlights or were they sent back to Germany for some R&D ?
The old headlights were sent back to Germany.

Last edited by karan561 : 8th February 2014 at 14:16.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 16:39   #254
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey Rohin,

Thanks for the wishes

All the best
I read somewhere that this is a regular occurence with BMW's since the headlights are made of different materials and with the variations of expansion/contractions due to heat, gaps occur leading to leakages
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2014, 21:07   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I read somewhere that this is a regular occurence with BMW's since the headlights are made of different materials and with the variations of expansion/contractions due to heat, gaps occur leading to leakages
Yes, some E90s had such issues too.

Also regarding the F30, they said this is the 1st complaint received by them in India, but im sure this might have gone un-noticed by many & hence no complaints would have been filed.

Lets hope that this doesn't re-occur.

Thanks for your inputs
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks