Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2022, 12:25   #301
BHPian

Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi EDIT: 70,000 km & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Been a while since I updated the thread. A pre-worshipped within family owned 3.2 Ford Endeavor has joined the garage. I am yet to have a full blown thread on Ford Endeavor since it is just settling in.

The Ertiga has been driven less than 1000 kms in the last many months. Conversations with someone known who is keen on the vehicle. And it amazes me how much the resale price is being offered.

It continues to shine bright and drives like a charm.

Overall since the last update, the vehicle crossed 1,00,000 and is at around 1,10,000 kms.

Cheers
Rajain
Thanks for the update @Rajain.
I bought my Ertiga VDI around same time as yours and it has done 77K km so far. Not planning to sell it anytime soon.

I faced the synchronizer ring issue around 58K and changed them at that time. Recently the gear shift has become slightly harder overall, for all gear changes. SA (at Kalyani Motors, Nayandahalli) who drove the car said it could be the sync ring issue. I am not so sure. Is gear shift becoming harder a general issue with clutch or is it the starting symptom of sync ring issue?
mohan41 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 08:48   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post

I faced the synchronizer ring issue around 58K and changed them at that time. Recently the gear shift has become slightly harder overall, for all gear changes. SA (at Kalyani Motors, Nayandahalli) who drove the car said it could be the sync ring issue. I am not so sure. Is gear shift becoming harder a general issue with clutch or is it the starting symptom of sync ring issue?
Hi

It is the 'slave cylinder' and 'sync ring' issue. Basically get the three parts replaced. The SA may say whatever they have to say but replacing them is best for the vehicle and the reliability of the drives. It is sad that Maruti knows this and will do nothing about it.

The gear slotting of my Ertiga failed when I was once driving from Bangalore to Waynad and passing through Mandya...they flushed brake fluid and said all good. It broke down again in an hour and I had to take a night halt at Mysore. They fixed it and gave the vehicle again next day and in 2 hours it was still not good. The vehicle gave up in the middle of a forest area. Somehow I managed to drive till Gonikuppa and leave the vehicle there. They gave me a back up Ertiga to carry on my drive (destination had changed to Kannur). So, its a fair bit of trouble if it is not replaced entirely.

Cheers
Rajain
Old 2nd December 2022, 21:47   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi

It is the 'slave cylinder' and 'sync ring' issue. Basically get the three parts replaced. The SA may say whatever they have to say but replacing them is best for the vehicle and the reliability of the drives. It is sad that Maruti knows this and will do nothing about it.

The gear slotting of my Ertiga failed when I was once driving from Bangalore to Waynad and passing through Mandya...they flushed brake fluid and said all good. It broke down again in an hour and I had to take a night halt at Mysore. They fixed it and gave the vehicle again next day and in 2 hours it was still not good. The vehicle gave up in the middle of a forest area. Somehow I managed to drive till Gonikuppa and leave the vehicle there. They gave me a back up Ertiga to carry on my drive (destination had changed to Kannur). So, its a fair bit of trouble if it is not replaced entirely.

Cheers
Rajain
Thanks again for your response. I read through your post where you have described in detail the issues you faced. You mentioned two parts - slave cylinder and synchronizer rings. Which is the third part ?

I would be surprised if the sync rings which were changed at 58K went bad again after just 19K.

Last edited by mohan41 : 2nd December 2022 at 21:55.
Old 3rd December 2022, 21:06   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Thanks again for your response. I read through your post where you have described in detail the issues you faced. You mentioned two parts - slave cylinder and synchronizer rings. Which is the third part ?

I would be surprised if the sync rings which were changed at 58K went bad again after just 19K.
Its just these two...and please make sure that the entire set up is replaced. And no it should not go back in 19k. If that has been the case please go back to the service station and engage them in a spirited way.

Cheers
Rajain
Old 3rd September 2023, 09:04   #305
BHPian

Some compelling conversations from people who love the vehicle have compelled me to think maybe it is time to part ways. It has served 10 years (and can well serve many more) but overall thinking there is now more cars per capita at home.

I shall come back when I finalise one of the three conversations that are presently leading towards a time when this trusted stead may no longer be at the garage.

Cheers
Rajain

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks