Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2017, 11:16   #226
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumi2508 View Post
Dear Fellow XUV Enthusiasts,

I am in the market looking for a pre owned, good condition 2011/12/13 XUV W8. I have been through a lot of the XUV threads and came across people who have bought used ones. Most mentioned that XUV doesn't fetch a good resale value and one can find a 5 year old XUV W8 around 5-6L. However in my limited experience, I havent come across any below 6.5-7L. Am I missing something here? Will appreciate some help.
Getting something in that range seems a stretch to me unless the car is really beaten. XUV's resale is not that bad in my view. Also the fact that the current prices of the car have gone up so much compared to 2012, its helping the resale values also. However one input I do have is that you should consider buying cars manufactured post OCt 2013. Price might be higher but those models had all the known major niggles fixed and fairly trouble free. Mine is from March 15 and had no issues.

This query is more for the main XUV review thread.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 12:10   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I am in the market looking for a pre owned, good condition 2011/12/13 XUV W8. I have been through a lot of the XUV threads and came across people who have bought used ones. Most mentioned that XUV doesn't fetch a good resale value and one can find a 5 year old XUV W8 around 5-6L. However in my limited experience, I havent come across any below 6.5-7L. Am I missing something here? Will appreciate some help.
A good condition XUV W8 even the early batch are impossible to find at prices you mentioned. Ill recommend to increase the budget and focus on well kept cars.
Old 21st March 2017, 09:31   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Question to XUV owners,
I wanted the dimensions (width) of the dust cap of the Low Beam ( projector). Can one of you please check and let me know.

TIA!
Old 21st March 2017, 11:28   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Question to XUV owners,
I wanted the dimensions (width) of the dust cap of the Low Beam ( projector). Can one of you please check and let me know.

TIA!
If you are looking for those, you won't find them in spares shops. I had one of the caps damaged, looked everywhere but no luck as they are not sold separately, finally I sourced them from Mahindra body repair workshop for free from accidental salvage parts. I don't have the dimensions.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20161129_133540.jpg
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:01   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Hi Anshuman,

Have you had a chance to upgrade/replace your XUV's suspension/shockers?

My 5 year old W6 front suspension have started sounding weird so i guess it needs replacement. I am confused whether to get the stock suspension from ASS or get some after market ones from outside. Any suggestion/recommendations ? Also any reliable place you know from where i can get this done?
Hi Anshuman, posting it again
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:29   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Anshuman, posting it again
I have not come across any aftermarket good suspension kits for XUV. Suspension at 75k is all good, some rubber parts have been changed till now, got it thoroughly checked recently.

You are hearing some strange sound, get the car inspected, high probability it will just be some boot or rubber part.

Last edited by .anshuman : 23rd March 2017 at 12:30.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 06:20   #232
BHPian

Quote:

Same for me. Am also looking for used W8s. Typically in the range of 7.5-9.5 for 40-65k run vehicles for 2012-2014 manufacture. You will not get any half decent car for a rupee less than 7.5L. I have 5-6 on my radar in 8-10 range, including couple of AWDs. Esp, if you buy one that has been cared for with clear maintenance record. I have an open budget and have looked at 2 of W10 of 2015 vintage at around 13-13.5L. So, XUV seems to hold value little better than others. It is a great car by all means. We can talk and exchange notes, if needed.
5kmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 09:41   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

71k kms and few months less than 5 years with me, my beloved XUV has found a new owner. The car was sold through Team-BHP classifieds.

The new owner is going to be happy for long time, he gets the car with-
  • Brand new Suspension
  • New Clutch kit with Flywheel
  • All nicks and dents fixed
  • All preventive maintenance done

On day of delivery the car was in absolutely perfect condition. Some pictures before delivering the car to new owner.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-1.jpg
The car got the brand new suspension before delivery. The car held up well even with lots of offroading, nothing except the dampers and a few rubber bushes were damaged.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-1.2.jpg
With independent rear suspension, XUV requires all 4 wheels alignment. Alignment being done at GSP Mahindra, Gurgaon post suspension overhaul. Overhaul costed me ~23k.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-2.jpg
Reading on ODO before delivering the car

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-3.jpg
2 panels were repainted on request of new owner, some minor touch ups were done. Else the car was in perfect condition.

In comparison to the XUV, my next car is going to be a big downgrade in terms of road use perspective. I would have kept the car for long, but gradually over the time we have started doing a lot of off-roading both local and outstation, and over the time XUV had started feeling like a mismatch in the company 4x4 trucks. Right now I am on lookout for a pre-owned Japanese 4x4 truck I can customise as per my requirement. Top contender is Isuzu V-Cross, followed by Mitsubishi Pajero Sport and Toyota Fortuner.

Here are a few pictures from last one year’s ownership of my XUV-500.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-4.jpg
In the company of big boys.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-5.jpg
She went wherever proper 4x4's could go.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-6.jpg
Clicked a month before selling the car.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-7.jpg
Typical breakfast setup on off roading days.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-8.jpg
Post testing the Pirelli ATR in the mud.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-9.jpg
She sometimes surprised us with her capability, for this particular climb, power delivery with the Racedynamics tuning box was fantastic. Duster and Grand Vitara could never make up this climb.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-10.jpg
Enjoying the mud this Monsoons.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-11.jpg
I attempted whatever proper 4x4's attempted.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-12.jpg
Few days before delivering the car.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-13.jpg
Looking for new offroading locations, with the freezer of an airconditioner, this was car of choice for such stuff.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-14.jpg
Our typical lunch setup on a monsoon weekend.
.anshuman is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 13:08   #234
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see her go. Hope the new owner takes care of her.

How much did new suspension and clutch with flywheel cost including labor from Mahindra A$$. Did you change all four shockers?
Old 4th October 2017, 10:20   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sad to see her go. Hope the new owner takes care of her.

How much did new suspension and clutch with flywheel cost including labor from Mahindra A$$. Did you change all four shockers?
Clutch and Flywheel whole replacement cost around 40k, I cannot tell you exact figures since I got a few more parts replaced. Mahindra gave me 50 percent goodwill discount on flywheel and a damaged CV joint.

All 4 shock absorbers(rear ones came fitted with Coil springs) along with a few bushes changed for preventive maintenance costed me 23k with labour and GST. Over the time, with lots of bad terrain driving the dampers had become weak, just too much bounce but still no signs of leakage. The car completely transformed post suspension change.

Earlier this year, the AWD system had failed just one month after the extended warranty expired, Mahindra was generous to cover the part and labour for new ITM unit under goodwill warranty. Although I had to use Twitter to expedite the process. This part was changed once again as the new part was causing excessive vibrations.
Old 4th October 2017, 11:10   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
71k kms and few months less than 5 years with me, my beloved XUV has found a new owner. The car was sold through Team-BHP classifieds.
Anshuman Sir!

Looking at your ownership experience, the way you've enjoyed the car and its abilities the way it had to, in these pics, gives me new goals with my Brezza, though it comes short of atleast 60% of what your car was knowing it's a small boy in front of the fully grown tuskers such as the ones filling the space in these pictures

Is there a replacement on the works or already parked in your porch?

Last edited by .anshuman : 4th October 2017 at 11:36. Reason: Removing large quote. Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 00:01   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Earlier this year, the AWD system had failed just one month after the extended warranty expired, Mahindra was generous to cover the part and labour for new ITM unit under goodwill warranty. Although I had to use Twitter to expedite the process. This part was changed once again as the new part was causing excessive vibrations.
Wow pretty much sold the car in tip top condition. You probably didn't get enough time to enjoy the tight suspension again
Old 8th October 2017, 21:13   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
71k kms and few months less than 5 years with me, my beloved XUV has found a new owner.
Happy to see you moving to proper 4x4 truck territory .anshuman, yet sad to see the XUV go. The car was practically brought back to showroom condition before it was handed over to the new owner and I am sure he is going to thank you all the while he enjoys this car!

XUV was right up there with big boys during our off-road sessions and we sure have many many fond memories of this car... sometimes it even surprised us by its abilities under Anshuman's driving. In fact experience with this car brought much sought after hope among us that Indian brands do have capabilities to deliver great products, some which actually stand up tall on International platforms! Kudos to Mahindra for this. I hope the new owner also does justice to it by using its AWD one of these days. Good Cheetah! Loved it!

Here is my tribute to a great car!
Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20170702_114817.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-dsc00137.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-vid_20170501_171226.00_03_14_01.still002_1.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-dsc00078.jpg
Ace F355 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 11:45   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!

XUV replacement has arrived. It's a truck:

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_0703_1.jpg

Pre-Owned. End 2016, 15k kms done.

Ill post the ownership thread only after I spend some time with the truck.
.anshuman is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 13:22   #240
BHPian

Quote:
XUV replacement has arrived. It's a truck:

Attachment 1683758

Pre-Owned. End 2016, 15k kms done.

Ill post the ownership thread only after I spend some time with the truck.
Congratulations on the truck anshuman, can you please share the price so that most of us have a rough idea of the truck's resale as it is fairly new and not much of them are available in the used car market.
Btw I see that's a good registration number you got there, really rare to find these in the used car market on cars < 20 Lacs these days.
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks