Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2015, 16:11   #196
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!

Hi Anshuman

I am newbie to Team BHP and also owner of New Age XUV5OO W10 AWD model. I’ve been following this thread since beginning.

As you have explained the AWD functionality in depth, I’d like to raise a query to you for which I have not got any convincing reply so far, I have driven my XUV5OO around 4K and recently noticed that while engaging first gear (but not releasing the clutch), I feel a little push from back wheels, it doesn't feel when you are in moving condition but when you stop your vehicle and then engage any gear in stationary position this jerk is felt.

This is not happening all the time but once a while, I took the SUV to service center but the service advisor didn’t feel anything, may be he didn't notice it the way I feel it.
Old 1st November 2015, 20:52   #197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adesh.Singh View Post
I have driven my XUV5OO around 4K and recently noticed that while engaging first gear (but not releasing the clutch), I feel a little push from back wheels, it doesn't feel when you are in moving condition but when you stop your vehicle and then engage any gear in stationary position this jerk is felt.

This is not happening all the time but once a while, I took the SUV to service center but the service advisor didn’t feel anything, may be he didn't notice it the way I feel it.
We will have to wait till Anshuman answers, but till then, is the AWD engaged or in auto mode when this happens?

IIRC, Anshuman had raised something similar but will have wait for his comment on this.

And welcome
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:20   #198
BHPian

Thanks Sheel, atleast someone replied to my query.

To answer your question, I am not engaging AWD lock switch, this is happening in stationary condition ( in auto mode) by just engaging the first gear and that too without releasing the clutch.

However, I got this query raised to Mahindra and got the reply that this is a normal behaviour in AWD vehicles because or Intelligent Torque Management (ITM) system comes into play but the intensity of the jerk should not very high, it should be very light which is light in my case.
Adesh.Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:33   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adesh.Singh View Post
As you have explained the AWD functionality in depth, I’d like to raise a query to you for which I have not got any convincing reply so far, I have driven my XUV5OO around 4K and recently noticed that while engaging first gear (but not releasing the clutch), I feel a little push from back wheels, it doesn't feel when you are in moving condition but when you stop your vehicle and then engage any gear in stationary position this jerk is felt.
^ My XUV AWD does not have any such jerk, please get the engine and gearbox mountings checked.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:52   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^ My XUV AWD does not have any such jerk, please get the engine and gearbox mountings checked.
Thanks Anshuman!

I also checked this with some other fellow Bhpians who are having new age XUV AWD model and they also feel this jerk and this is not all the time, it happens occasionally.

But, as you suggested I will get engine and gearbox mounting also checked in my upcoming first service.
Old 22nd December 2015, 12:09   #201
BHPian

Had a chat with the friendly neighbourhood Mahindra dealer in Kandivali, Mumbai yesterday. I was enquiring about the W10 AWD AT. He, as expected said that variant would not be available for a test drive, even though I protested and told him that he could not expect me to spend upwards of 20L without sampling the goods. As per him a W10 FWD AT might be available early January for a test drive. About the delivery schedule he said the wait for a W10 AWD AT is at least 45-60 days.

I was wondering if anybody has enquired about the W10 AWD AT and if so would you please share what the dealer said. Many thanks.
Old 20th February 2016, 12:50   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy747 View Post
Had a chat with the friendly neighbourhood Mahindra dealer in Kandivali, Mumbai yesterday. I was enquiring about the W10 AWD AT. He, as expected said that variant would not be available for a test drive, even though I protested and told him that he could not expect me to spend upwards of 20L without sampling the goods. As per him a W10 FWD AT might be available early January for a test drive. About the delivery schedule he said the wait for a W10 AWD AT is at least 45-60 days.

I was wondering if anybody has enquired about the W10 AWD AT and if so would you please share what the dealer said. Many thanks.
I think all dealers are getting the W10 FWD AT variants for test drives. I was inquiring about the same model with Mahindra dealer here in Pune, but could only get my hands on a W10 FWD AT for test drive. Even this vehicle was only available after a month of followup from my end with the dealer sometime around the second week of January.
Anyways the TD car was almost new and I ended up booking a W10 AWD AT...
Old 27th February 2016, 21:51   #203
BHPian

Removing last row of seats

Quote:
The last row of seats on XUV were of no use to me. Instead i have to carry a lot of luggage and other stuff in boot frequently. So i removed the last of seats. The last row of seats are actually very easy to remove, with my SKIL toolkit it took me 15 minutes to remove the last row of seats. Removing the seats has added quite a lot of luggage space that i need to use a lot.
Hi Anshuman, I am thinking of doing likewise. Are your seats still out or have you put them back in again, and please let me know if any special care has to be taken when removing the seats.

Thanks!
Old 28th February 2016, 10:38   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Hi Anshuman, I am thinking of doing likewise. Are your seats still out or have you put them back in again, and please let me know if any special care has to be taken when removing the seats.

Thanks!
I have removed and Installed the seats a few times according to requirement, most of the times i keep the last row of seats removed.

No special care has to taken with seats, but for the jack and tools holder plastic compartment behind the seat has to be either removed or reinforced, or it will get damaged. I have removed this compartment, and wrapped the tools and jack in yoga mat cut outs and duct taped them together and placed them below middle row seats(till the time i find a permanent fix for it).

One other advantage to this is weight saving, each of the seats weight 18kgs, so now my car is lighter by 36kgs.
.anshuman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 12:52   #205
BHPian

In the pictures you can see the under floor storage area this stays in my car 100% of the time, has alloy checker plate on the top so boot can be used for heavy items without damage. The 2nd picture shows the upper part which bolts in when required. I get to the 3 areas in the bottom by just removing the plastic box, extra spare wheel or fuel containers. I removed the alloy wheels with highway tyres and fitted steel wheels with MRF A/T tryes I left the alloy spare in place so had two spares. Did the J&K Leh thing no problems at all. Did Khardung La pass no issue. Overnight at Pang gong lake, started next day no issues, no cover over engine etc she started right up no issue. The car with full tank and two drivers came in 2460KGS the trip was Goa return all in all 7000KMS. We did not use the extra fuel as the car on a full tank had never less than 700 KM range even going up and down the high passes. I thought 10km per lt was good as lots of low gear driving over rough roads etc, all in all good car. I in fact will be taking this car with me to Australia as it looks like kids have settled there so we will join then in a year or two.
MY car is the W8 AWD version.
Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-dsc_8792.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-dsc_8795.jpg

Last edited by KEN-RAND : 12th March 2016 at 12:59.
KEN-RAND is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 12:09   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

My XUV has been seeing a lot of offroad action in last few weeks. Thanks to recent addition of another 4x4 in friend circle, BHPian AceF355's monster Fortuner, we have hit the trails a lot of times. Here are a few pictures and Videos from yesterday and last Sunday.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160706_113730.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160706_113743.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160706_113835.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160703_070932.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160703_071302.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160703_095903.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160703_095920.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160703_100039.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160703_103135.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160703_103524.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160703_103604.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160703_103840.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160703_103903.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160703_103959.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160703_104006.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160706_093359.jpg
.anshuman is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 12:14   #207
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the video and pictures! I am mighty impressed how much the XUV was able to do, Yes the guidance of the guy holding the camera did help too.

Just a question did you switch off ESP and keep the AWD lock all the time?
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 12:22   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My XUV has been seeing a lot of offroad action in last few weeks. Thanks to recent addition of another 4x4 in friend circle, BHPian Ace F355's monster Fortuner, we have hit the trails a lot of times. Here are a few pictures and Videos from yesterday and last Sunday.
Thanks for sharing these, anshuman! They turned out to be very good.

Past couple of days have affirmed my belief in XUV even further. I repeat once again that in good hands, XUV AWD is as good and versatile as a crossover can be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Yes the guidance of the guy holding the camera did help too.
If you are talking about the voice-over in video, that's me only!
Ace F355 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 12:22   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Thanks for the video and pictures! I am mighty impressed how much the XUV was able to do, Yes the guidance of the guy holding the camera did help too.
A good spotter is as important as the vehicle and the driver, here I had 2 spotters, BHPians AceF355 and rhandle.

Quote:
Just a question did you switch off ESP and keep the AWD lock all the time?
Yes AWD was locked, I keep ESP on or off depending on the surface, on hard surface TCS helps, on loose surface where momentum is required at the cost of wheelspin TCS cuts down too much power.
.anshuman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 13:03   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Adding one more video:
.anshuman is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks