Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2015, 14:01   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
Hi Anshuman how is your vehicle performing now?? how many kms done and if any niggles.

Also is there a XUV w8 AWD specific PDI+buyers checklist in the Tbhp forum?
My car is doing fine at 50,000 kms, the service is due. I will post a detailed report once the get the service done. There are no niggles anymore worth a mention here.

Just go through the standard Team-BHP checklist. The AWD does not require any special checks.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 17:19   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Just picked XUV back from Sri Durga Auto, 50K Service done.

Work done-
  • Regular Scheduled Service job not including Oil Change but includes rear Differential Oil and other stuff.
  • All 3 Wipers changed.
  • Engine Mounting changed under warranty, i had reported slight khat sound on releasing clutch.
  • Clutch and Brake Pedal rubbers were worn out.
  • Side Airbags software upgrade, under recall.
  • Engine underside anti rust coating, under recall.
  • EGR and Heater hoses replaced as preventive maintenance.
  • Coolant changed.

Total Cost- Rs. 9568.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-img002.jpg

Some pictures from last month's quick sprint to Narkanda. Wanted to do Spiti again but roads were closed and was short on time.

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-dsc00029nkd15.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-dsc00135nkd15.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!-dsc00100nkd15.jpg
.anshuman is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th April 2015, 22:22   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Just picked XUV back from Sri Durga Auto, 50K Service done.
Hey Anshuman. Great pics on your thread. Kudos!

I have some freshman questions for you, as i plan to buy the W6 in May 2015 (after the refresh). Hopefully that Aisin Auto Gearbox is going to be offered on the W6. Already wrote an email to Mahindra. I don't expect that to do much, but no harm trying

Here goes:

1. How is the A.S.S of the XUV in terms of cost and experience ? Would you say that it not that much more expensive than a sedan?
2. Are there any serious reliability issues? I know a lot of XUV owners swear by the car, and say that reliability issues of mahindras are a thing of the past. But do let me know your take
3. How does the quality of the interior hold up after 2 years? Does it meet general expectations that you have have from an average sedan?
4. What do you think of the 3rd row?
5. Hows the suspension on potholes? Does it bounce and crash too much?
6. When you do need to haul stuff, do you resort to a carrier, and is it stable?
7. Is it too heavy and butch, in terms of gearbox and clutch for a lady (my wife) to handle?

Thanks

Last edited by acidkill : 19th April 2015 at 22:26.
Old 22nd April 2015, 11:18   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
I have some freshman questions for you, as i plan to buy the W6 in May 2015 (after the refresh). Hopefully that Aisin Auto Gearbox is going to be offered on the W6.
Acidkill, is it confirmed that the new XUV with the auto gearbox will be launched in the first half of 2015?

Anshuman, a +1 to all questions asked by acidkill. I would like to add one more.

8. In your drives, did you feel that a non-AWD W8 would have still made it without much issues. I meant to most places without having to take this off the road.
Old 22nd April 2015, 15:47   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Acidkill, is it confirmed that the new XUV with the auto gearbox will be launched in the first half of 2015?.
The mods might be better placed to know. I spoke to some folks at the local dealer in Chennai - India Garage.

They say the refresh is coming in May but the Autobox will be released only sometime in Pre-Diwali in a version called W10.

I don't know why such a premium attached to the Autobox. I wish they would offer it in all specs.
Old 4th June 2015, 11:28   #186
BHPian

Mahindra is losing out on potential customers by delaying AT for XUV 500. Need to reassess that strategy. Perhaps the Aisin Auto Gear Box is not yet fully tested on XUV 500. Even if they don't bring the AT in the market immediately, they should at least put out a date to help customers make an informed choice. If they introduce the AT in another few months (as per the reports in the media), all those who have bought the manual now will feel cheated.
Sam Panch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 18:02   #187
BHPian

Hi Anshuman,

I have been following your thread very closely as I am also deciding to book the facelift version soon.

I wanted to know how is the performance of the AWD on slush? Have you tried something less than extreme yet? Is it as competitive as a low TC would be in a Fortuner?

Also have another query about engaging the AWD mode in XUV. Can you engage this on the fly or do you need to be halted to lock in the LSD?

Just one last quest the HHC and HDC. How have they performed if you had any chance yet?

I know these are too many questions but your expert advise will help me stop looking further to any other vehicle in my mind

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th June 2015 at 12:34. Reason: T-Fort > Fortuner. Please refrain from using abbreviations for vehicles on the forum! Thanks.
Old 28th June 2015, 12:32   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyf1 View Post
Hi Anshuman,

I have been following your thread very closely as I am also deciding to book the facelift version soon.

I wanted to know how is the performance of the AWD on slush? Have you tried something less than extreme yet? Is it as competitive as a low TC would be in a Fortuner?

Also have another query about engaging the AWD mode in XUV. Can you engage this on the fly or do you need to be halted to lock in the LSD?

Just one last quest the HHC and HDC. How have they performed if you had any chance yet?

I know these are too many questions but your expert advise will help me stop looking further to any other vehicle in my mind
Kindly go through the thread, it has answers to all your queries.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th June 2015 at 12:34. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 9th July 2015, 07:15   #189
BHPian

Quote:
The A/C in my XUV was not cooling well in the afternoon sun, so i booked an appointment at Sri Durga Auto, Rama Road, New Delhi.
Buddy i recommend you getting your next service from Sterling Mahindra in Gurgaon or Faridabad. If you can take it to Faridabad meet SUMIT (I can pm you his cell phone no. if you are interested). I bought my XUV from Sterling Mahindra (Faridabad) and all the services have been done by them. I have never ever had a bad experience with them so far (touch wood). This guy is very customer friendly, helpful and goes out of the way to help you.
Old 20th July 2015, 23:47   #190
BHPian

Hi Anshuman, I've been keenly following this thread and have followed it thread-bare. I'm contemplating buying a new xuv. I am facing a couple of challenges though. One, the w8 AWD is a stretch for me budget-wise. Hence, I was thinking of going in for the w6 but I'm sucker for all the gizmos et al. Recently visited NBS in Mumbai (company owned showroom) the sales guy is offering the old w8 with a discount of around 1.3 lacs on the car. The toss-up for me is the facelifted w6 or the older w8 with the discount with FWD. Also, do you think a discount of 1.3 lacs is fair or I should expect a bigger discount? Your feedback and advise would be much appreciated and thanks in advance.
Old 21st July 2015, 10:12   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
The toss-up for me is the facelifted w6 or the older w8 with the discount with FWD. Also, do you think a discount of 1.3 lacs is fair or I should expect a bigger discount? Your feedback and advise would be much appreciated and thanks in advance.
There is a similar discussion going here.

I guess, 1.3 Lac is a decent discount. You may be able to squeeze in a bit more, since prior to face-lift XUV's were going with a discount of around 80K+.

Out of New W6 and old W8, my pick would be old W8 since you are getting more for almost the same money (after discount).

I was earlier contemplating on W6 due to budget constraints, however went for W8 due to additional airbags and ESP.
Old 21st July 2015, 10:25   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

1.3 Lakhs is not a big discount for the compromise, i'd suggest you stretch the budget and get the new XUV AWD.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 08:08   #193
BHPian

Quote:
1.3 Lakhs is not a big discount for the compromise, i'd suggest you stretch the budget and get the new XUV AWD.
I test drove the XUV 500 W10 at India Garage yesterday. I found the ride and handling to be absolutely superb but there was a niggle in the TD vehicle. The electric seat adjustment had a problem. Though I would love to consider the XUV 500 W10 AWD, one is seriously concerned about the niggles. In fact, there was an interesting comment by one of the Sales reps - 'it's an Indian vehicle so a few issues will be there but you have to adjust to them'

Now that's a big ask after putting in 20 lakhs to hear 'thoda adjust kar lo, we are Indian and we are like this only'
Old 18th August 2015, 14:47   #194
BHPian

Thanks mpksuhas and anshuman! After much deliberation I have decided to go for the new age XUV w8 fwd. thanks again for your valuable inputs.
Old 20th August 2015, 11:28   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Panch View Post
I test drove the XUV 500 W10 at India Garage yesterday. I found the ride and handling to be absolutely superb but there was a niggle in the TD vehicle. The electric seat adjustment had a problem. Though I would love to consider the XUV 500 W10 AWD, one is seriously concerned about the niggles. In fact, there was an interesting comment by one of the Sales reps - 'it's an Indian vehicle so a few issues will be there but you have to adjust to them'

Now that's a big ask after putting in 20 lakhs to hear 'thoda adjust kar lo, we are Indian and we are like this only'
Speaking from my personal experience, better avoid India Garage. They are good only for selling and servicing pickup trucks. Try other dealers in the city and form an opinion. So far I haven't heard about any complaints in the electrically adjustable driver seats..i may be wrong though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks