Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2014, 22:34   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjango View Post
Hi Sir! Had a query regarding the engine guard. It does feel built solid. Is it 1) a stock fitment? 2) a company accessory? or 3) an after-market fitment?

Thanks,
Pankaj
Its a company accessory, quality is very good
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 19:17   #362
BHPian

Hi,

Has anyone tried the LED Headlamp which is sold by Ford as listed in this:

http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Sa...erlay-takeover

It says H1 and H7 lamps for front head and fog lamps.

Thanks

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 24th August 2014 at 00:18. Reason: Please use the EDIT button instead of creating back-to-back posts.
Old 23rd August 2014, 22:15   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Details about my DRLs with projectors and HIDs
======
We got this done for four ecosports together from Mr.Srinivas Gopal 09849314812 who is a mods expert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoBeast View Post
Entirely depends on your perspective, preferences and budget. All options have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Ford's DRL head lamps:

Aftermarket DRL & projector installation:

Aftermarket headlamp assemblies for Ecosport:
Hi Guys,

I'm getting my ES 1.5 AT (White) in a couple of days and am serioulsy confused about choosing one of the two options each of you have taken for DRLs + HID Bulbs (or projectors).

I can tell you that atleast 3 or 4 of the car accessory shops in Hyd are offering the Ecosport Rules version - Thanks to you sir, and installing the tube alone with exactly the same functionality, comes to about 8Kish.

The Angel Eyes one that Mr. Ecobeast has installed costs north of 25K and only one out of the 4 shops I visitied has told me that they can do it.

But I had the wierd conversation with the guy in that shop who said, installing the wires has caused warranty issues to someone he knows - then when i cited team-BHP members getting it done by a Vizag Mods guy, he quickly called someone and said - "Sir, actually i can install the tube without causing damage to your warranty"

My Question to Mr. EcosportRules -"Has any warranty issues comeup when you gave your car to servicing? Is the case the guy mentioned a labour error?"

My Question to Mr.Ecobeast -" After installing your mod, do you think its worth it to add HIDs, as I have to add 2 pairs with this headlamp rather than one in the original headlamp. The guy suggested HIDs for the low beam and normal white bulbs for the high beam - does that work in your opinion?? - Also please share the details of the pune guy, who did the headlamp import and modifications for you - thanks "

Also other members? have you installed DRLs in Headlamps or purchased new Headlamps recently? - your comments/suggestions will be very helpful thanks..

Last edited by bharathan : 23rd August 2014 at 22:33.
Old 24th August 2014, 00:21   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
My Question to Mr.Ecobeast -" After installing your mod, do you think its worth it to add HIDs, as I have to add 2 pairs with this headlamp rather than one in the original headlamp. The guy suggested HIDs for the low beam and normal white bulbs for the high beam - does that work in your opinion?? - Also please share the details of the pune guy, who did the headlamp import and modifications for you - thanks "
The thing with projectors is that they spread the light and you do not get a focus on the road as you get with reflector lamps. So they require a stronger source of light to illuminate the road. I opted for 100 Watt bulbs and that worked well for me. HIDs would be even brighter and should work better, if you are willing to shell out another 8 to 10K for them.
I agree with the guy who suggested to install HIDs only in projectors. DO NOT install those for high beams. HIDs are meant to be for projectors, not reflectors. It will cause the opposite traffic to simply go blind for a while.
If at all you go for the HIDs, I suggest you should go with 'warm white' colored bulbs. Yellow light works better than white light in rainy season.

I couldn't send you a personal message due to your newbie status. You can PM me once your 25 posts are done and I'll send you the contact details of the guy who got the lamps for me.
EcoBeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 12:48   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Has anyone tried the LED Headlamp which is sold by Ford as listed in this:

http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Sa...erlay-takeover

It says H1 and H7 lamps for front head and fog lamps.

Thanks
See, it is always better to stick to the Normal Halogen Bulbs since the White output isn't very helpful during rains and while driving in the dark. I had a tough time managing my way on a Hilly road while using Philips Diamond Vision on my Xing as it was pitch dark outside.

If you're going in for a Projector Setup, the White Light is recommended since it ensures an optimum & focussed output.
Old 24th August 2014, 16:42   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
See, it is always better to stick to the Normal Halogen Bulbs since the White output isn't very helpful during rains and while driving in the dark. I had a tough time managing my way on a Hilly road while using Philips Diamond Vision on my Xing as it was pitch dark outside.

If you're going in for a Projector Setup, the White Light is recommended since it ensures an optimum & focussed output.
Yes, I agree with you. I have decided I would go for the HID with the projector setup indeed.

Quote:
The thing with projectors is that they spread the light and you do not get a focus on the road as you get with reflector lamps. So they require a stronger source of light to illuminate the road. I opted for 100 Watt bulbs and that worked well for me. HIDs would be even brighter and should work better, if you are willing to shell out another 8 to 10K for them.
I agree with the guy who suggested to install HIDs only in projectors. DO NOT install those for high beams. HIDs are meant to be for projectors, not reflectors. It will cause the opposite traffic to simply go blind for a while.
If at all you go for the HIDs, I suggest you should go with 'warm white' colored bulbs. Yellow light works better than white light in rainy season.

I couldn't send you a personal message due to your newbie status. You can PM me once your 25 posts are done and I'll send you the contact details of the guy who got the lamps for me.
Ecobeast, Almost all mod guys here are offering the Headlamp, with the kind of setup in your car for about 26kish, and i have to shell out another 10-15K for the HIDs. None of them are offering the white strip LED below the lights ( which I prefer slightly). But there are people in Delhi who are ready to courier new headlamps with the LED strips installed, plus a HID Kit with a projector installed for about 25K total - and when i inquired about the details, they say they have imported the projector and HID kit from Taiwan. You mentioned that your set was imported from Taiwan too.

Your thoughts on the whole package? Great Deal or is the price too cheap for it to be of good quality? - Assuming of course, the mod guy is being honest.
Old 25th August 2014, 01:30   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Ecobeast, Almost all mod guys here are offering the Headlamp, with the kind of setup in your car for about 26kish, and i have to shell out another 10-15K for the HIDs. None of them are offering the white strip LED below the lights ( which I prefer slightly). But there are people in Delhi who are ready to courier new headlamps with the LED strips installed, plus a HID Kit with a projector installed for about 25K total - and when i inquired about the details, they say they have imported the projector and HID kit from Taiwan. You mentioned that your set was imported from Taiwan too.

Your thoughts on the whole package? Great Deal or is the price too cheap for it to be of good quality? - Assuming of course, the mod guy is being honest.
Ok. Lets see. To provide a modified headlamp, here's what I think a mod guy would have to do:
Buy new headlamps (assuming original): 11000/-
Buy moderate to good quality HID kit: 11000/-
Buy moderate quality projector lamps: 10000/-
Buy moderate quality LED Strip: 3000/-
Labor charge to put it all together + profit margin 5000/- (minimum)

I'm no expert but it seems difficult to fit it all within a budget of 25000/- without seriously compromising on quality.
Old 25th August 2014, 02:04   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Ok. Lets see. To provide a modified headlamp, here's what I think a mod guy would have to do:
Buy new headlamps (assuming original): 11000/-
Buy moderate to good quality HID kit: 11000/-
Buy moderate quality projector lamps: 10000/-
Buy moderate quality LED Strip: 3000/-
Labor charge to put it all together + profit margin 5000/- (minimum)

I'm no expert but it seems difficult to fit it all within a budget of 25000/- without seriously compromising on quality.
ya . kind of thought about it too and skeptical about the same. in the mean time, i found a guy who does it for 22K!!! you can find him customlights.in, and the other guy is https://www.facebook.com/Autoglam.in?fref=ts

Just curious, if someone has bought from any of them.

btw, in your setup there would be no need of a separate projector right if I decide to install HIDs? the guys here said it comes with a projector.

thanks a lot for your help in the mean time - although i'm still confused , atleast i understand diff lights and their purpose a little better.
Old 25th August 2014, 02:17   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
Hello

I came across this dealer for customized headlamps in delhi. The prices are irresistible. Can you guys help me with these ? What are your suggestions.
http://customlights.in/productdisplay.aspx?id=1065

PS- This link is only for the benefit of the members and not for any advertisement.

Thank you
Hi Bhavukjain,

Did you try these out? they are indeed irresistible. One more guy doing something similar at 26k is https://www.facebook.com/Autoglam.in?fref=ts.
But as mentioned by ecobeast it looks very very cheap, and im worried about the quality. If you do happen to go to travel to their shop ( I see you live relatively closer) and have a look, please do give feedback.

Thanks
bharathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 11:39   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bhavukjain,

Did you try these out? they are indeed irresistible. One more guy doing something similar at 26k is https://www.facebook.com/Autoglam.in?fref=ts.
But as mentioned by ecobeast it looks very very cheap, and im worried about the quality. If you do happen to go to travel to their shop ( I see you live relatively closer) and have a look, please do give feedback.

Thanks
Hello
I have currently dropped the idea of installing the new headlamps as my dealer is not supporting me. He said that he would void my warranty and i am not interested in fighting over this issue. So, currently i have stopped researching about it. I think they both have same quality.
Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 13:21   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bhavukjain,

Thanks
I know Autoglam guys. I had contacted them, before I bought my current headlamps. They ask you to send your original headlamps and then modify them. If you are in the same city you can just drive to their place and they will take out the lamps from your car and mod them. If you do not send your lamps, their charges go up significantly, as they have to buy a new pair.

Last edited by EcoBeast : 25th August 2014 at 13:29.
Old 14th October 2014, 14:50   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
I have used Philips Diamond Vision bulbs and let me tell you, they're absolutely useless. They're worse than stock headlamps.

Go for Philips X-Treme Vision H4 bulbs. They're not white but provide 100% more light on the road as compared to OEM headlamps.
I have been following this posts for quite some time. My Diesel Titanium is now at Kairali Ford Bodyshop undergoing refit as I by mistake broke my rear brake lights hitting on a pillar at my parking.

Disappointing as this is the first time I have been to a bodyshop for something from my end. So i thought its time to say sorry to my car.

Just ordered (Ebay)the the Philips Xtreme Vision H4 as you senior BHPians have suggested.

Thanks So much
Old 1st November 2014, 13:23   #373

Hey Ecosport rules,
I have always been a keen follower of this thread.
Recently I have acquired a new Silver Ecosport and I an having a tough time cleaning the side cladding. Can you please tell me about what do you use to clean them or any special Techniques that you incorporate in cleaning.
Thanks in advance.
poloslg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 13:07   #374
BHPian

Hello Ecosport Rules,
I have been closely following your thread and have one small query.
Exactly how and where did you get your alloys painted?
I have a Chill Metallic Ecosport and am looking forward to getting my alloys painted.
Thanks in advance
Old 9th December 2014, 22:16   #375
BHPian

Speaking of accessories, Before doing any interior extra fitments there is a caveat,

1. There are some local auto jewel shops (even good ones) who use the 12V cigar socket wires in the car (by splicing) as the source of power for the interior fitments like headrest TV's, etc as it is easier to access.

2. Unlike other cars which have their 12V cigar sockets wired though a relay connected to the ignition key ring, the ecosport (and many of other ford cars) have it as a direct connection through a 20A fuse with the battery(due to a statutory regulation in their international markets). So before doing some interior/electrical mods make sure that you have it connected through the ignition relay circuit (or) use a manual switch so that your battery doesn't drain constantly when its parked.

3. A real life story: I recently interacted with a neighbor of mine who used a pair of headrest monitors and his Ecosport failed to start the next day, Reason? : the equipment he used had it's supply spliced through the cigar lighter connection which made it draw power constantly from the battery overnight.
4.additionally don't forget to unplug devices like mobile chargers from the socket when you leave the vehicle .
So guys out there with Ecosports have this in mind while doing electrical mods, might save you
Rev_That_V8 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks