Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2017, 15:30   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Bangalore Teambhp meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas_270 View Post
Haha!! Love how they have worded the receipt to be polite as in like "Saarrr, early morning we are coming and setting up our goods (Speed Camera) and offering the service (manning a guy to operate the camera and a guy to hold a lathi and walk on the road to pull aside the cars caught on cam)"
They have indeed used some good "goods" while manning the highway to trap the speeding vehicles. They have nicely placed cones on the fast lane which is super dangerous but hey, we know how cops jump right in front of speeding cars risking their lives; everyday!
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 23:24   #392
Senior - BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold

@Arun_Josie- In my experience of owning a Punto for 6yrs and 150k, you are the only one I have ever heard who had crossed such a mile stone with the original front discs. Hats off to you for taking care of your car and your maintenance schedule.
Randhawa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 10:14   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
They have indeed used some good "goods" while manning the highway to trap the speeding vehicles. They have nicely placed cones on the fast lane which is super dangerous but hey, we know how cops jump right in front of speeding cars risking their lives; everyday!
Yes, that location was little dangerous as they were kind of occupying the left lane and there was no shoulder space as well. Little ahead there was a spot with good shoulder space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
@Arun_Josie- In my experience of owning a Punto for 6yrs and 150k, you are the only one I have ever heard who had crossed such a mile stone with the original front discs. Hats off to you for taking care of your car and your maintenance schedule.
Thanks mate. Even I was surprised with the front disc life. Probably the highway drives helped as 50% of the ODO reading is on the highways.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 10:20   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Thanks mate. Even I was surprised with the front disc life. Probably the highway drives helped as 50% of the ODO reading is on the highways.
Most of the time you are on the highways and you hate to brake. No wonder about the rotor life.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 22:36   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

1,45,000 Kms Update

Maintenance Update:

Lower arm on the right side replaced under Extended Warranty:

I was hearing some metal knocking sound while going over pot-holes/uneven part of the road, it was diagnosed as a cut in Lower arm(RH). Part was available and was promptly replaced at Vecto Motors. Thanks to Extended Warranty again

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20171219_125031879.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20171219_125140289.jpg

Also, the bush on the rear suspension had got cut on both the sides. Surprising that both had got cut simultaneously because during the last servicing both were fine. Yet to replace due to non-availability of parts.

Since the suspension is still on the stock, I will get this checked thoroughly during the bush replacement.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20171219_123843501.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20171219_123950940.jpg

I am getting the "check glow plugs" warning as well, will get this replaced soon.

Trip to Old Courtallam Falls:

Last week we travelled to Nagercoil for vacation and did a day trip from Nagercoil to Courtallam. Took the route via Nanguneri - Araikulam - Pattamadai - Mukkudal - PottalPudur. The route was good to decent throughout.

Return drive was via Alangulam, Tirunelveli, this road is in very bad condition. Better to avoid this route.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-capture.jpg

Some Pics,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20171227_151413250.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20171227_175431426.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20171227_175534682_hdr.jpg

Crossed the 1,45,000 Kms mark during this drive

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20171227_122320221.jpg

And an unfortunate incident, I was little careless while taking a turn on a very narrow road and ended with this mark/dent ,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20171228_090827203.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 11:45   #396
BHPian

Re: 1,45,000 Kms Update

Nice to see someone run the Linea so much, it seems that most of your running is on the highway. The Linea (& Punto) feels best on the highway, due to brilliant ride quality, rock solid stability, braking & steering feel.

Quote:

Lower arm on the right side replaced under Extended Warranty:

I was hearing some metal knocking sound while going over pot-holes/uneven part of the road, it was diagnosed as a cut in Lower arm(RH). Part was available and was promptly replaced at Vecto Motors. Thanks to Extended Warranty again
This was also the only suspension replacement we made in our erstwhile Punto (run 103k kilometers), though not replaced under Extended Warranty. Not only the Fiats ride & handle well, but their suspension parts seems to be very long lasting.
chiranjitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 04:28   #397
Team-BHP Support

Re: 1,45,000 Kms Update

Quote:
I am getting the "check glow plugs" warning as well, will get this replaced soon.
Claim extended warranty for the damaged ones, and please go ahead and change the others too. Not worth going again for one by one plug failure.

Quote:
And an unfortunate incident, I was little careless while taking a turn on a very narrow road and ended with this mark/dent ,
Ouch!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 21:54   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy New Year 2018

Happy New Year 2018 to all and Wishing everyone many happy and safe miles ahead

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img20171231wa0087.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 09:42   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Inching towards the 1.5L mark.

Inching towards the 1.5L mark.
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180123_181915595.jpg

Pics during a recent drive to Belur

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180121_073144538.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180121_073058412_hdr.jpg

Got a quote of 4600/- from trend automobiles for the below damage, now I will have to find some time to drop the car for this repair work. This includes, half bumper painting, removing the dent from fender and full fender painting. Also, instead of half bumper I may be going for full bumper painting.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20171228_090827203.jpg

Liqui Moly Super Diesel Additive:
So far I have not used any additives, now I am planning to try Liqui Moly Super Diesel Additive (200 ml) as I am not getting Liqui Moly Diesel Purge (500 ml), it is available on Amazon though but very expensive. Out of stock with dealers.

Insurance:
For insurance, I am planning to get it renewed from Royal Sundaram this time as Future Generali is not offering Zero depreciation for 5th year.

Last edited by arun_josie : 24th January 2018 at 09:43.
arun_josie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 10:44   #400
BHPian

@Arun
I would suggest you try System D over liqui moly.I found no changes whatsoever using liqui moly in my sx4 ddis except for increase in engine clatter,however system d has made significant changes and i can definitely feel the same in terms of better pull, more refined sounding engine.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 11:00   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
@Arun
I would suggest you try System D over liqui moly.I found no changes whatsoever using liqui moly in my sx4 ddis except for increase in engine clatter,however system d has made significant changes and i can definitely feel the same in terms of better pull, more refined sounding engine.
And I for one used System D quite a few number of times and found no difference whatsoever on my Ertiga! I am way too slow (or pessimistic) when it comes to blindly trusting these products and take my own sweet time to come back and say whether it was good or bad or was it just a placebo effect.

System D I use only to compensate for fuel filled at unknown stations once in a while. I have used the Diesel Purge by directly emptying the can right into the filter housing but it never made any difference to me. However, that issue was partly due to weak battery and that got resolved soon after replacing the battery.

Now I face mild clatter, mostly at idle and I know it's not normal compared to other Ertigas. Nothing else but just that. No performamcr issues. And it's evident that at 140K one of the injectors is trying hard to work. So a dose of Purge is what I will try once after which my ultimate plan is to get the injectors removed and recalibrate again for the bet 1.5 L kms.

Last edited by paragsachania : 30th January 2018 at 11:01.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 12:10   #402
BHPian

Sirji, i think your ertiga must be already running clean,
in my case as you may be aware it was a pre owned car and was used by a elderly gentleman who i presume did most of his running in city limits hence i felt the need of using a good additive and maybe somewhere it contributed to making it run way better and smoother now.I now usually fill the tank full and run system d when making outstation trips just to clear some carbon and for peace of mind.

Quote:
And I for one used System D quite a few number of times and found no difference whatsoever on my Ertiga! I am way too slow (or pessimistic) when it comes to blindly trusting these products and take my own sweet time to come back and say whether it was good or bad or was it just a placebo effect.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 30th January 2018 at 12:33. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
scorpian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 11:31   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
@Arun
Thanks scorpian! I have already got Liqui Moly diesel additive. So, I will try this first.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180128_143941132_hdr.jpg

Quote:
So a dose of Purge is what I will try once after which my ultimate plan is to get the injectors removed and recalibrate again for the bet 1.5 L kms.
This was my initial plan but I couldn't get one.

By the way, last week I did some random check on the sound decibel level inside the cabin. Idea was to check this before using this diesel additive. I am not expecting much difference post usage but at least I can use this as some reference.

Its around 9K Kms since the last Oil and Filter changes. Here are few screen shots from the sound decibel meter,

@ Cold start and idle RPM, Avg: 40 dB

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-idle1.jpg

@ Cold start and idle RPM + AC, Avg: 43 dB

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-idle-ac.jpg

@ Idle RPM after 5-6 Kms of drive, Avg: 40 dB

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-idle-ad.jpg

During a short drive with gear changes at 2K RPM , Avg: 48 dB

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-2k-rpm.jpg

During a very short drive with gear changes at 3K RPM till 4th gear, Avg: 58 dB

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-3k-rpm.jpg

I am planning to try this additive some time this week, I will try to capture the same data after using this additive as well.

Last edited by arun_josie : 31st January 2018 at 11:38.
arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 19:37   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

4 years and 1.5L Kms

Completed 4 years of ownership 1,50,000 Kms on the same day. It has been a blissful drive so far.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-150000.jpg

And an apt pic for this update, Live To Drive

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-dbhpians3.jpg

I still can’t believe that 4 years/1.5L Kms has passed by in no time nor I get a feeling that this car is older by 4 years/1.5L Kms. This was from the recent drive to Belur.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180121_090454868.jpg

Highlight of the 4th year was the trip to the Himachal. It was the second such cross-country drive in my Linea and it was one glorious drive. The memories of it still fresh in my mind. Apart from that, a monsoon drive, few breakfast drives, lunch drives, dinner drives and what not. Overall, another wonderful year with my Linea.

Some numbers…

Average Kms per day and Expense per Km
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-1_avg-usageexpense.jpg

Data on fuel efficiency
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-2_.jpg

Data on fuel refills and fuel price
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-3_.jpg

Highest Kms done in a day
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-4_highest-km-day.jpg

Fuel efficiency graph
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-5_fe.jpg

Fuel price range during the last 4 years
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-6_fuel-price-range.jpg

ODO Share
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-7_odo-share.jpg

Days taken for every 10K Kms
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-8_every-10k-kms.jpg

Total Kms done each year
Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-9_kms-every-year.jpg

Some details on the maintenance of this car:

Wear and tear parts replaced apart from the regular consumables,
1. Front brake pads (@27,434 Kms , @67011 Kms , @104713 Kms and @140976
2. Front brake disc replaced at 140976
3. All tyres were replaced to Michelin 3ST @ 35582 Kms, @110413 Kms
4. Timing Chain replaced @ 59436 Kms and 1,11,913 Kms
5. Clutch Assembly replaced @ 1,11,913 Kms
6. Front Shock Absorber @ 1,07,350 Kms
7. Wiper @ 59436 Kms @ 1,27,311 Kms

Note: Oil, Oil filter, AC filter and air filters were replaced 17 times so far. As per Fiat schedule, it is every 15K Kms only.

Parts replaced under Extended Warranty (1,00,000 to 1,50,000 Kms)

1. Glow Plug (2),
2. Alternator
3. Elastic Pad (Front LH and RH)
4. Lower Arm(LH and RH)

Parts replaced under warranty:

You can refer to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4137793

Service Details

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-service-history-1.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-service-history-2.jpg

Some random pics

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-1.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-2.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-3.jpg

Pics taken during a Fiat owners meet.

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img_20180113_092358376.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-img20180113wa0083.jpg

Looking forward to a few more enjoyable years with this Linea.

Last edited by arun_josie : 2nd February 2018 at 19:40.
arun_josie is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 20:41   #405
BHPian

Congratulations for crossing such a huge milestone. You have maintained the Linea really well. I am happy to see that there are no untoward part replacements from your pocket.

P.S - Any issues w.r.t rusting etc?
QuickLink is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks