Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2016, 10:12   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
The AWD part is confirmed need to choose between W8 AWD A/T or
W10 AWD Manual.
The other dilemma is between the sunset orange and opulent purple. Any comments ?
Hey Vineet. Just saw your post. Let me answer it here itself.

If I were you, I would have chosen W10, AWD first and W8 AWD AT as second option. The reason is - AWD is good fun even when you are not off-roading. The grips on the inclines and traction with additional ESP support will inspire you to drive in even more confidence. AT is such an important feature - it will make your long drives non-stressful. I have driven from Bangalore to pune all alone in my W10 FWD MT. It was not an issue but if I had AT, i could alone go all the way upto Ahmedabad! Thats the difference. So in short, if you can stretch your budget a little, please do so and get W10 AWD AT!

About colour, its personal preferences. I like Orange more - it shines like sun on the road! A sure head turner, I just make sure that I dont wash it often and lesser heads turn
Old 24th April 2016, 10:25   #212
BHPian

re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Hey Vineet. Just saw your post. Let me answer it here itself.

If I were you, I would have chosen W10, AWD first and W8 AWD AT as second option. The reason is - AWD is good fun even when you are not off-roading. The grips on the inclines and traction with additional ESP support will inspire you to drive in even more confidence. AT is such an important feature - it will make your long drives non-stressful. I have driven from Bangalore to pune all alone in my W10 FWD MT. It was not an issue but if I had AT, i could alone go all the way upto Ahmedabad! Thats the difference. So in short, if you can stretch your budget a little, please do so and get W10 AWD AT!

About colour, its personal preferences. I like Orange more - it shines like sun on the road! A sure head turner, I just make sure that I dont wash it often and lesser heads turn

Hey thanks for the prompt reply! I'm even more confused now but as you said even I think AWD scores over the A/T since I will be not using the cheetah as a daily commute vehicle, my grand little i10 will still do that. I also feel the real fun in driving is in the manual 'avatar'.
Well noted your view on the color and will let wife decide that one.
Appreciate your help bro

Awaiting words of wisdom from others as well !
Old 28th April 2016, 11:14   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
:
For that we need to meet.
I am very bad at taking pictures. I need to have some nice pic of my cheetah which can be used for the DP. Currently the only pics i have of the cheetah are the pics taken by Showroom guys at the time of the delivery.
So basically the plan is - using your photography skills to get a nice click of cheetah and then use it as my profile pic.
Good to know so many xuv owners from Mumbai are active here. We are giving the very active bangalore xuv owners some serious competition. Expecting my cheetah next month. Let's meet soon
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 15:33   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know so many xuv owners from Mumbai are active here. We are giving the very active bangalore xuv owners some serious competition. Expecting my cheetah next month. Let's meet soon
Booked with NBS or G3?
My experience with NBS was very unwelcoming .
G3 was much better - Mr Sagar - sales rep as well as Mr Dinesh Jadhav(Showroom manager).
One thing to be very sure with Mahindra - a thorough PDI is a MUST.
I rejected originally allotted xuv since its Ac wasn't working in the yard . case of Rat chewing off some wires (visible rat poop under the bonnet)
In spite of that the new Xuv allotted later came with following defects :
1)Slightly broken front grill
2)Misaligned headlights
3)Worn out wiper blades
4)Misaligned windscreen sprays.

So better conduct a thorough PDi without being embarrassed or shy about your sales rep.

Also Which part of Mumbai are you from ?

Last edited by madhu33 : 28th April 2016 at 15:34.
Old 28th April 2016, 16:56   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hii Tanveer good to see the cheetah looking fab after the 20K service.

Will be going to the showroom today for the XUV test drive to renew the fading driving experience and will book in a day or two after consultation with experts like yourself.

The AWD part is confirmed need to choose between W8 AWD A/T or

W10 AWD Manual.

The other dilemma is between the sunset orange and opulent purple. Any comments ?

Have posted on similar lines on abirnale's thread because I need some quick feedback from you experts and its your threads I've been keenly following.

Since you have owned two cheetah's back to back thought you were the best person to ask about please suggesting best dealer services between G3, Infinity and NBS. Looking forward to hearing from you and others following the thread.

I would always suggest the manual, AT is convenient no doubt but atleast for me i know i would get bored of driving an automatic, And since i use XUV mostly on highways just slotting the gear in 6th from 60kph itself and your good to go till whatever the speed! Have to mention i am able to extract pretty good fuel average of 14.5 to 15 kpl on my highway runs.

See you soon and lets get the PDI done!!

Quote:

Yes, Will plan a meet soon along with your cheetah.
Old 28th April 2016, 23:24   #216
BHPian

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 20000 kms update

Quote:
Booked with NBS or G3?
My experience with NBS was very unwelcoming .
G3 was much better - Mr Sagar - sales rep as well as Mr Dinesh Jadhav(Showroom manager).
One thing to be very sure with Mahindra - a thorough PDI is a MUST.
I rejected originally allotted xuv since its Ac wasn't working in the yard . case of Rat chewing off some wires (visible rat poop under the bonnet)
In spite of that the new Xuv allotted later came with following defects :
1)Slightly broken front grill
2)Misaligned headlights
3)Worn out wiper blades
4)Misaligned windscreen sprays.

So better conduct a thorough PDi without being embarrassed or shy about your sales rep.

Also Which part of Mumbai are you from ?

Hii madhu have just returned after booking the XUV 500 W8 AWD refresh model from NBS. The new additions are the push button start and voice messaging system from the earlier facelift W8.
It's shocking to hear the condition of the first xuv that you rejected. Where is the stockyard for G3.
Tanveer has been kind enough to accompany me for the PDI this weekend and he's the best guy to do so what with owning two xuv's back to back.
I booked from NBS andheri as I stay at bandra east and it's the closest and found the staff quite friendly. How's the cheetah doing now and where in Mumbai are you from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I would always suggest the manual, AT is convenient no doubt but atleast for me i know i would get bored of driving an automatic, And since i use XUV mostly on highways just slotting the gear in 6th from 60kph itself and your good to go till whatever the speed! Have to mention i am able to extract pretty good fuel average of 14.5 to 15 kpl on my highway runs.

See you soon and lets get the PDI done!!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your coming for the PDI. That's the best part of team bhp and car enthusiasts like you.
Totally agree with the manual transmission part and have gone with the same.
Wondering if such a great mileage is possible with the A T.
See you on Saturday.
Waiting to meet all the Mumbai cheetah's soon

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 28th April 2016 at 23:47.
vinitbhavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 15:43   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm ... i See Sir !! Count me in too. Mumbai teambhp XUV meet.

Quote:
Waiting to meet all the Mumbai cheetah's soon
All the best for P.D.I.
G3 yard is at khopoli-Karjat belt.
Exactly which day is your PDI - Saturday ? Sunday ? & Where
Old 29th April 2016, 16:30   #218
BHPian

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 20000 kms update

Quote:
Hmmm ... i See Sir !! Count me in too. Mumbai teambhp XUV meet.

All the best for P.D.I.

G3 yard is at khopoli-Karjat belt.

Exactly which day is your PDI - Saturday ? Sunday ? & Where

The Mumbai team bhp xuv meet sure sounds like fun! The PDI is tomorrow at Mumbra. We are leaving at 10 am ish thanks for the wishes.

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 29th April 2016 at 16:33.
Old 1st May 2016, 14:11   #219
Senior - BHPian

Who else has got this software update for their infotainment system?

Animations are very fluid and smooth!
My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462092036.653112.jpg
My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462092046.643400.jpg
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 17:12   #220
BHPian

This is the version I have (version 6). The animations are pretty smooth and the only thing I wish it did additionally is show the actual tyre pressures like the phone app.
pillainp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 17:22   #221
BANNED

Quote:
Who else has got this software update for their infotainment system?

Animations are very fluid and smooth!
Sorry for the question as it is

Why is the 'Rev Cam' tab not highlighted as the rest?

Can't one see it without engaging reverse gear?
Old 1st May 2016, 19:34   #222
BHPian

I suspect that may be because the reverse camera is not installed.

In fact I think the camera is available as an accessory for the W8, not OE.

In my W10 that is how one selects diagonal and parallel park assist modes.

Last edited by pillainp : 1st May 2016 at 19:36.
Old 1st May 2016, 20:13   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Sorry for the question as it is

Why is the 'Rev Cam' tab not highlighted as the rest?

Can't one see it without engaging reverse gear?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
I suspect that may be because the reverse camera is not installed.

In fact I think the camera is available as an accessory for the W8, not OE.

In my W10 that is how one selects diagonal and parallel park assist modes.
Hey guys, pillainp is absolutely right.
The pictures are from the PDI tanveer and me did for the W8 refresh AWD cheetah I booked last week.
He has been really kind to join me for the same and did an awesome job with a really keen eye. We found a few niggles which I would have never found without his help.
Since the camera is an optional accessory it is greyed out. I have opted for the Mahindra original reverse camera and hope it gets integrated into the system.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 20:34   #224
BHPian

It will integrate into the system, but you will not get the dynamic assist lines, and I am also unsure whether you will get the parallel and diagonal park assists.

All the above are in my opinion not really necessary. The dynamic guide though works pretty well. I have not tested the other two assists yet.
pillainp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 21:27   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
It will integrate into the system, but you will not get the dynamic assist lines, and I am also unsure whether you will get the parallel and diagonal park assists.

All the above are in my opinion not really necessary. The dynamic guide though works pretty well. I have not tested the other two assists yet.

Yup you're right again. That's what the dealer said that dynamic assist will not be available, nor will the steering inputs. So was just wondering if there is an additional accessory reverse camera that would to integrate with the W8.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks