Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2015, 11:39   #91
BANNED

re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Following things were supposed to be fixed,

Car was sent on friday in the morning and was returned back on wednesday late evening, My SA was amazing, He had no clue about what the issues were with the car, Even though i had written down everything clearly! I had to explain everything to him again and again over the phone, And still some of the issues were not fixed.
Not good to see the rattles and issues with the new car and even more depressing is the attitude of the Mahindra ASC.

I have the XUV 5OO W8 and S-Cross 1.6 Alpha in my radar for the final decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Tanveer - can you pls elaborate on this one-hour mode and what are the benefits of it? I have no idea about this feature from pre-facelift versions.
AFAIK, the 1-hour mode is when the ICE stays ON for 1 hour from the time the car's engine is switched off.

The ICE works on the battery so to save the juice the 1-hour mode is activated.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 18:53   #92
BHPian

re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Congratulations @Tanveer_2558 on your second XUV 500.

Quote:

What I didn't:

After sales still scares me
Was it a lack of alternatives that made you go the XUV 500 a second time, or or do you feel the scary after sales service is something you can live with?

Is the new XUV 500 clutch softer smoother than the previous one?

I have been evaluating purchase of the XUV 500 and hence these questions.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Kairalee : 3rd September 2015 at 18:59.
Old 3rd September 2015, 19:10   #93
BHPian

Quote:
So the car is back after the first service, And following was my service experience with the Mahindra Reay Road workshop.

Following are the negatives of the service center i faced during this encounter,
1. No proper communication from my SA (For instance, I had to call him 5 times, Out of which he would pickup the call just once!)
2. Time taken for all the work to be done was much more than expected
3. No Information was given to me about the things i will be charged for in the bill
4. Appointment for a pickup and drop has to be made atleast 10 days in advance
5. Careless attitude from their staff, It wasn't like this before, It is now!
6. People keep changing in the service center so there are hardly any chances your SA would be someone who has taken care of your vehicle before

Would rate the Service Experience as 5/10. I did not expect such an experience for such small issues and the first service too which is supposed to be really straight forward, But well with Mahindra its always a rollercoaster ride.

Apart from all the issue's caused because of the service center, The car has become even more smoother, Drives like a charm, Engine noise too has further reduced around the lower rpm's. Engaging 1st gear is no issues now as well as gear shifting overall has improved a lot, All the electronics are holding on pretty well too. Scary part being i have to send the vehicle again for the 10k Servicing and looking at my schedule it would be in less than 2 months.
@Tanveer, in your entire experience you never mentioned about the RM (Relationship Manager). Why didn't you interact with RM instead of SA as they are supposed to be bridge between customer and the ASC.

Even in Bangalore, experience with all the dealers is not same. India Garage in particular is the worst of the lot (speaking from my personal experience), however other 2 dealers seems to be better.

You should take up the issues with Mahindra regional manager or even the head of the customer service, all it takes is an email. I did get prompt response from their VP Customer Service when I escalated about the delay in my vehicle delivery and next day got call from their regional office informing me the status and things have moved pretty smoothly after that. Report your experience and dissatisfaction with the said ASC to Mahindra.

@Kairalee: There is no real alternative at the given price point which can give you feature parity, comfort, drivability and road presence. Scary after sales service is in particular with certain dealers/ASCs. However Mahindra Customer Service department do try to genuinely help the customer which is not seen in many brands.

New Age XUV clutch is smoother than the earlier gen and gear shifts are much smoother. Vehicle rides like its smoothly gliding on the road even at speeds like 100-120kmph

Last edited by vaspro : 3rd September 2015 at 19:16. Reason: added more content
vaspro is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 19:29   #94
BHPian

First of all Tanveer appreciate the brutally honest feedback. Its indeed sad the bad experience you had to go through at the service centre, especially knowing that NBS is a company based showoom/distribution and service centre which should be above all others since its their own company.
Have read many good reports from earlier xuv users as regards service centres and which you too have pointed out. Hope all niggles are soon rectified.
Old 3rd September 2015, 19:31   #95
Senior - BHPian

Dear Tanveer,

What is Maximilefeo? Is rear differential oil change also scheduled for the first service?
Old 3rd September 2015, 20:01   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Dear Tanveer,

What is Maximilefeo? Is rear differential oil change also scheduled for the first service?
It is Mahindra Maximile FEO. It is crankcase oil. Look at the below link:

http://www.oilgrease.in/products/Mah...ndian-Oil.html
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 20:45   #97
KAN
BHPian

Quote:
Car was sent on Friday in the morning and was returned back on Wednesday late evening

Six days for first service!! wow that is not normal right?
I would assume that a typical service visit would take one day (morning to evening). Is that assumption correct or is the time more for XUV?
Please could the XUV owners advise what is the typical vehicle downtime for service in case of XUVs?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 4th September 2015, 15:47   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Tanveer, you should get a call from Mahindra Customer Care a few days after the service to check on your experience with regard to the same. I have received this on both the occasions when I had service done on my vehicle. I would suggest you be very vocal with your experience and demand that they check on this and get back to you with an update on how they will resolve the issues.
Hello, Yes i am eagerly waiting for the call, I will surely mention everything very clearly! Will also rate them the lowest to make sure atleast some action would be taken, Also this workshop is the best one in Mumbai !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Tanveer - can you pls elaborate on this one-hour mode and what are the benefits of it? I have no idea about this feature from pre-facelift versions.

My W10 has done about 1600 KMs now and engaging the gears has really become smooth. I no longer have issue in engaging to 1st gear (which used to be a occasional problem earlier). Hopefully it stays this way
Exactly what a4anurag said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Not good to see the rattles and issues with the new car and even more depressing is the attitude of the Mahindra ASC.

I have the XUV 5OO W8 and S-Cross 1.6 Alpha in my radar for the final decision.

AFAIK, the 1-hour mode is when the ICE stays ON for 1 hour from the time the car's engine is switched off.

The ICE works on the battery so to save the juice the 1-hour mode is activated.
Yes, But thankfully i was prepared for all this (Cause of my previous XUV) But such attitude from their best service centers here in Mumbai is really annoying! But i would suggest you to just look at the product and buy whatever you like, After sales experience can always vary according to the city and also in every service center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairalee View Post
Congratulations @Tanveer_2558 on your second XUV 500.

Was it a lack of alternatives that made you go the XUV 500 a second time, or or do you feel the scary after sales service is something you can live with?

Is the new XUV 500 clutch softer smoother than the previous one?

I have been evaluating purchase of the XUV 500 and hence these questions.

Thanks in advance.
Hello, Thank you very much. Lack of alternatives in under 20 lac price range with such features, Acres of space and driving fun with an SUV, YES !

The clutch in the newer version is lighter and much much better! Still a bit long but once you get used to it, Its all good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
@Tanveer, in your entire experience you never mentioned about the RM (Relationship Manager). Why didn't you interact with RM instead of SA as they are supposed to be bridge between customer and the ASC.

Even in Bangalore, experience with all the dealers is not same. India Garage in particular is the worst of the lot (speaking from my personal experience), however other 2 dealers seems to be better.

You should take up the issues with Mahindra regional manager or even the head of the customer service, all it takes is an email. I did get prompt response from their VP Customer Service when I escalated about the delay in my vehicle delivery and next day got call from their regional office informing me the status and things have moved pretty smoothly after that. Report your experience and dissatisfaction with the said ASC to Mahindra
Hello, Yes i should have actaully interacted with the RM, But the SA was soo convincing on the phone at day one, That i really did not feel the need to contact RM, He was acting really good and trying to understand every issue i was having with my car, But after day one it was all the exact opposite and i still hoped everything to turn out really well which din't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
First of all Tanveer appreciate the brutally honest feedback. Its indeed sad the bad experience you had to go through at the service centre, especially knowing that NBS is a company based showoom/distribution and service centre which should be above all others since its their own company.
Have read many good reports from earlier xuv users as regards service centres and which you too have pointed out. Hope all niggles are soon rectified.
Hello, It had to be an honest feedback so other reading it should be aware or prepared how to tackle such service centers, And yes i bought the car from an NBS showroom, ( Even my previous XUV) And still the experience wasn't great, (Insurance part) And now the NBS service center too acting like this, Doesn't really feel good! I hope once i receive the feedback call and when ill mention all of this, They would take some action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Dear Tanveer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It is Mahindra Maximile FEO. It is crankcase oil. Look at the below link:

http://www.oilgrease.in/products/Mah...ndian-Oil.html
Thanks for the link a4anurag, Its a mandatory change for AWD version during the first servicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAN View Post
Six days for first service!! wow that is not normal right?
I would assume that a typical service visit would take one day (morning to evening). Is that assumption correct or is the time more for XUV?
Please could the XUV owners advise what is the typical vehicle downtime for service in case of XUVs?

Thanks in advance!!
The reason given to me for the delay was the rear econ activator switch which was busted, But for some reason i cannot believe it, Nothing like that was mentioned on the bill too, Usually parts replaced under warranty are also shown on the bill. And yes a normal typical servicing should have taken just a day, But given the niggles i was facing, I could still accept 2-3 days.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 01:07   #99
Senior - BHPian

Update : Calledup the exclusive Mahindra Relationship Manager, I had got his details at the time of taking the delivery, Told him everything that happened, He forwarded my issue to another concerned person and assured me proper action would be taken, The next day i got a call, That a person would come visit my place and verify all the issue i am still facing, I agreed to it. The person was supposed to come on saturday, But he came on sunday, No issues, Waiting for a day isn't a problem, He dropped down to my place on sunday, Noted all the issue and told me the car would be pickedup on monday.

It was monday, No one turnedup, Not even a phone call. Tuesday, I get a call saying they can book a slot for me after a week? I just said no and hangedup, Since i have several trips planned, I decided i will try to get the current issues fixed during the 10k Servicing.

As of now the issues with the car are as follows, (Some new ones too)

1. Infotainment system hangs, Touchscreen stops working, Specially now after the new firmware upgrade.

2. Rattling noise from the front left passenger door and now also the right hand side OVRM.

3. Gearknob vibrations while accelerating in 4th and 6th gear.

4. Lounge lighting still flashes.

5. Second row foldable seat still gets stuck and won't roll all the way forward.

None of these are any major issues, The car mechanically is holding on really well, Love driving it. Whats the most annoying thing is how the way the service centre is handling everything, They just don't care it seems! And i just don't want to waste anymore time behind them for such small niggles.

On the other hand, My Jetta's Air bag error litup on the MFD today, Took it to the VW Service centre at kurla, Without any appointment and i was surprised to see they were very interested to see whats wrong and get all the other small work done as well, Including the general checkup. Hope atleast VW service centre won't disappoint me.
Old 16th September 2015, 05:34   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT: 1st Service 5000 kms update o...

The M&M service stations have become hit and miss off late. M&M needs to do something about this. Customer's experience is totally dependent on what they get from these outlets during their product experience. Touchwood - Sireesh Auto Bangalore has been doing very well so far in my case even though i faced that navigation issue. Caring and polite as well as taking swift actions as much as possible in their capacity.

So far I have visited them only twice and both the time without having me known, they have gone out of way to work on my car. I really appreciate them and wish this is the case for each and every customer across the country.

Tanveer, do write to M&M about the service station in discussion in your case. Things may very well be improved for you as well as others.
Old 16th September 2015, 09:52   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update : Calledup the exclusive Mahindra Relationship Manager, I had got his details at the time of taking the delivery, Told him everything that happened, He forwarded my issue to another concerned person and assured me proper action would be taken, The next day i got a call, That a person would come visit my place and verify all the issue i am still facing, I agreed to it. The person was supposed to come on saturday, But he came on sunday, No issues, Waiting for a day isn't a problem, He dropped down to my place on sunday, Noted all the issue and told me the car would be pickedup on monday.

On the other hand, My Jetta's Air bag error litup on the MFD today, Took it to the VW Service centre at kurla, Without any appointment and i was surprised to see they were very interested to see whats wrong and get all the other small work done as well, Including the general checkup. Hope atleast VW service centre won't disappoint me.
Hi Tanveer,

Do try G3 motors in Goregaon. I have received an exceptional service from them.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 13:28   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
The M&M service stations have become hit and miss off late. M&M needs to do something about this. Customer's experience is totally dependent on what they get from these outlets during their product experience. Touchwood - Sireesh Auto Bangalore has been doing very well so far in my case even though i faced that navigation issue. Caring and polite as well as taking swift actions as much as possible in their capacity.

So far I have visited them only twice and both the time without having me known, they have gone out of way to work on my car. I really appreciate them and wish this is the case for each and every customer across the country.

Tanveer, do write to M&M about the service station in discussion in your case. Things may very well be improved for you as well as others.

M&M service centers have been a miss for me in the past 3-4 times, Including the last 2 times i had to deal with them for my previous XUV, But then it also depends from city to city, Surely not everyone would be the same, I will actually change the service center for my 10k servicing, And again the one near my place isn't great, Know great things how they con customers to get parts changed in their car, So 2 of the service center in mumbai is a big no for me, Will try the one Raj recommends. On the other hand VW seems to be improving, Strange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Hi Tanveer,

Do try G3 motors in Goregaon. I have received an exceptional service from them.

Hello raj,

Thank you for the recommendation, Its a bit faar from my place, But i can manage that if the service is good. Will surely try then for my 10k servicing.
Old 29th September 2015, 16:33   #103
BHPian

Hi Tanveer,

As you have AWD W10 model and I am also driving the same vehicle, did you feel that there is a push from the rear wheel when you engage first gear? or you can say kind of jerk ( very little) from rear wheels. This doesn't happen all the time but occasionally I feel the same.

I am worried is this normal or there is some problem with my AWD version.
Old 30th September 2015, 19:04   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adesh.Singh View Post
Hi Tanveer,

As you have AWD W10 model and I am also driving the same vehicle, did you feel that there is a push from the rear wheel when you engage first gear? or you can say kind of jerk ( very little) from rear wheels. This doesn't happen all the time but occasionally I feel the same.

I am worried is this normal or there is some problem with my AWD version.
Hello adesh!

Yes i have felt exactly what your trying to say, And even for me its occasional, Though i am yet to feel it after the first 5000 km servicing, I suggest you to wait and see after your car is back from the first servicing. I can be sure there isn't any problem with the AWD of your car
Old 1st October 2015, 15:15   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Hello adesh!

Yes i have felt exactly what your trying to say, And even for me its occasional, Though i am yet to feel it after the first 5000 km servicing, I suggest you to wait and see after your car is back from the first servicing. I can be sure there isn't any problem with the AWD of your car
Thank You Tanveer, Really appreciated your reply.

I was roaming around the threads looking for the answer but thanks to you.

It was really surprising, suddenly I started feeling this jerk and made me worry about this vehicle. I will let you know the feedback after my first service.

Also, like to know from you the FE you are getting from your vehicle, mine is not crossing 10 KMPL as per the infotainment system. Is it normal or the FE will change after first service, also I did upsize the tire to 255/60/R17, will this impact the FE so much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks