Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2015, 15:06   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Thats sad to hear. Hope this is resolved soon.

About gear knob, I sometimes felt this vibration but figured out I was having higher gear and lower RPM. But even then, it is not as much vibration as to cause a nuisance or irritation. Not sure if this is the same case with your XUV but could be something to do with AWD thing?

Hope these niggles disappear soon.
Maybe specific to an AWD, For me the vibration is a lot but only in the 4th and 6th gear, And with vibrations comes noise as well which is very audible if there is no music playing, Also it comes only while accelerating through certain RPM's, Usually while crossing the 2000 rpm mark.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 21:25   #137
Senior - BHPian

re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Finally the car is back after a week, Following were the issues reported and i had gone myself this time to the service centre to make sure all issues are properly noted down.

1. Knocking sound from the engine bay - Fixed - Software of ECU had to be updated.
2. Rattling noises from front both doors - Fixed
3. Change Display name - Fixed
4. One hour mode check if possible - Not possible in W10
5. Gears knob vibrations and noises - Fixed - Gear lever changed
6. Second row seat not folding - Fixed
7. Lounge light flashes - Not fixed - I dont care now.
8. Infotainment System hands - Fixed - Software updated
9. Wiper not cleaning properly - Fixed - Setting done
10. RHD Outside mirror noise while closing - Fixed

Service experience this time at reay road - 9 /10 - Maybe going to the service centre helps?

Pictures of the infotainment system version,

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-screen-shot-20151125-9.22.30-pm.png

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-screen-shot-20151125-9.22.41-pm.png

ODO Stands at around 13000 Kms, And Happy to report my New age is finally and completely niggle free, Touch wood it stays the same way.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 25th November 2015 at 21:26.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 21:33   #138
BHPian

Happy to see your issues are resolved Tanveer. Wishing you a niggle free drive in the beast from now on.

Can you also update if you had to pay any bills during this service?
Old 25th November 2015, 22:13   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Happy to see your issues are resolved Tanveer. Wishing you a niggle free drive in the beast from now on.

Can you also update if you had to pay any bills during this service?

Thank you very much, I am hoping for the same.

Had to pay only 199rs for a mudflap which had to be replaced.
Old 27th November 2015, 16:07   #140
Senior - BHPian

And so, The key died on me today! Red light wasn't blinking on the key and the car obviously wasn't getting unlocked, Since i am in a bit of travelling and the owners manual isn't inside the car, Can someone let me know what has to be done incase the key battery is drained? I know how to remove the physical key but what should be done after that?

Gladly i had my spare key along.
Old 27th November 2015, 16:17   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

IIRC - remove the key from fob. Hold actual key closer to the Start/Stop push button and then push start button. That should be all. Once car starts, you should be fine. Try it.
Old 27th November 2015, 16:57   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-screen-shot-20151127-4.55.25-pm.png

See the snapshot from owner's manual above. It says when the battery is dead, simply hold the naked key (out of fob) on the start/stop push button and follow the instructions. You can start the vehicle and keep moving to nearest MASS to replace the battery or reach home to get the spare one

I am going to try this today. I will update if it works.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 18:09   #143
Senior - BHPian

Thanks!!! But how should i get inside the car with the dead key? Inserting the physical key on the passenger side door did not work, Is there a way around ?
Old 28th November 2015, 22:59   #144

Have you got the remote for infotainment system? Mine it is missing and not delivered with the w8 awd.
Old 29th November 2015, 00:03   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopisk View Post
Have you got the remote for infotainment system? Mine it is missing and not delivered with the w8 awd.
Yup, And surprisingly it works very well even from the second row, Unlike the previous XUV where the remote actually wouldn't even work from the first row.

You should have got the remote, Just call and dealership and tell them, If they are trying to ignore, Call up the customer care and raise a complaint with them.
Old 29th November 2015, 16:01   #146
BHPian

Hi Tanveer_2558. First of all, I loved reading your ownership review, especially the comparison between Jetta and XUV.

I'm planning to buy a new car and I'm confused between the new Jetta (Diesel Automatic), a slightly used A4/3-Series and XUV 500 Automatic. Though I do not actually need a 7-Seater SUV, the XUV still makes a good case for itself, especially for the occasional highway trips with extended family. And actually, though most of my driving is 70% in city and 30% on highways, I miss that highway punch and stability with my Etios Petrol. My family workhorse Duster 85ps though good enough for city is largely insufficient for those highway runs. I'll be selling off my Etios and Octavia vRS for this purchase so wanted a proper upgrade. Do you think a new Jetta makes sense or a used A4/3-Series? And how will you rate VW's and Audi's service compared to say Toyota and Skoda? I'm personally so fed up of Skoda's service that I don't even want to look at the new Octavia, despite it's few positives over the Jetta. This is a purely aspirational upgrade since the Duster is good enough for daily duties. The enthusiast within me says 3-Series but my mind says XUV 500 or new Jetta. Your views will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by mohaks19 : 29th November 2015 at 16:04.
mohaks19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 18:58   #147
KAN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Thanks!!! But how should i get inside the car with the dead key? Inserting the physical key on the passenger side door did not work, Is there a way around ?
@Tanveer not sure of the exact issue (maybe I am not understanding the issue) but if you release the actual physical key from electronic key (small button on the side of the electronic remote key) then the physical key can be inserted in the slot just beside the door handle outside (this is both on driver and passenger side). This should unlock as usual just will a few beeps and alarms due to unlocking manually without electronic lock.
Old 30th November 2015, 19:12   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaks19 View Post
Hi Tanveer_2558. First of all, I loved reading your ownership review, especially the comparison between Jetta and XUV.

I'm planning to buy a new car and I'm confused between the new Jetta (Diesel Automatic), a slightly used A4/3-Series and XUV 500 Automatic. Though I do not actually need a 7-Seater SUV, the XUV still makes a good case for itself, especially for the occasional highway trips with extended family. And actually, though most of my driving is 70% in city and 30% on highways, I miss that highway punch and stability with my Etios Petrol. My family workhorse Duster 85ps though good enough for city is largely insufficient for those highway runs. I'll be selling off my Etios and Octavia vRS for this purchase so wanted a proper upgrade. Do you think a new Jetta makes sense or a used A4/3-Series? And how will you rate VW's and Audi's service compared to say Toyota and Skoda? I'm personally so fed up of Skoda's service that I don't even want to look at the new Octavia, despite it's few positives over the Jetta. This is a purely aspirational upgrade since the Duster is good enough for daily duties. The enthusiast within me says 3-Series but my mind says XUV 500 or new Jetta. Your views will be highly appreciated.
Hey ! Thanks i am glad you had a good read, I was almost in the same situation when i had bought the Jetta, I considered the following but dropped them due to the mentioned reasons,

1. Audi A4 - Almost the Jetta, Worth spending the extra cash? I don't think so.
2. 320D - Lots of it in the used market, But have used the car before, So it din't make sense getting the same car again.
3. Skoda Octavia - Skoda made sure i did not buy the car.
4. Elantra - Looks amazing but only Show, No Go ???

Also your confused between the XUV and the Jetta, You need to make sure what your needs are, The new age XUV will provide you with more features, More space, More road presence, And it even drives pretty well even being a SUV.

Jetta provides immense fun for the driver, And can comfortable seat only 4 people including the driver.

Okay ill tell you in short, If you want a fun to drive car, If you like to push the car around corners, You want to stand out from the crowd, Get the jetta.

If you want to just cruise around on the highways, You require more space, You can opt for the XUV, Its a difficult choice, But get the one which fits your needs,
My honest opinion would be to go for the XUV 500, It covers a lot more, It will also provide you more for the moolah you spend, And a big plus would be that you dont have to deal with the VW service centre, Unless if your sure the one near your place are good honest chaps!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 01:30   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Hey ! Thanks i am glad you had a good read, I was almost in the same situation when i had bought the Jetta, I considered the following but dropped them due to the mentioned reasons,

1. Audi A4 - Almost the Jetta, Worth spending the extra cash? I don't think so.
2. 320D - Lots of it in the used market, But have used the car before, So it din't make sense getting the same car again.
3. Skoda Octavia - Skoda made sure i did not buy the car.
4. Elantra - Looks amazing but only Show, No Go ???
Thanks for the advice buddy. Well, there'll hardy be more than two persons at a time in the car so I guess, XUV makes no sense. IMO, a used German sedan makes much more sense. And the options in 22-30 lac used car market are immense, ranging from the 3er right to the bigger 5er or A6. How would you rate VW's aftersales compared to Audi and BMW? Though neither of the two are the best, I've heard BWM is pretty reasonable. Audi's service, as of what I've heard, is just disguised VW (quite literally ). Also, how will you rate the visibility and ease of use in the XUV (leaving aside the clutch because I'm anyways considering automatics only) compared to Jetta and 3er/5er, taking note of the fact that the car will be primarily be driven by my parents, especially my mother? I won't be driving it much (migrating to the U.S. next fall) so driving pleasure though important, is not paramount.

Last edited by mohaks19 : 1st December 2015 at 01:39.
Old 1st December 2015, 13:49   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAN View Post
@Tanveer not sure of the exact issue (maybe I am not understanding the issue) but if you release the actual physical key from electronic key (small button on the side of the electronic remote key) then the physical key can be inserted in the slot just beside the door handle outside (this is both on driver and passenger side). This should unlock as usual just will a few beeps and alarms due to unlocking manually without electronic lock.
After releasing the physical key, And inserting it in the key hole, They key was simply refusing to turn, Even after applying a lot of pressure, Decided to leave it since i was scared to break something else, I think i should get it checked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaks19 View Post
Thanks for the advice buddy. Well, there'll hardy be more than two persons at a time in the car so I guess, XUV makes no sense. IMO, a used German sedan makes much more sense. And the options in 22-30 lac used car market are immense, ranging from the 3er right to the bigger 5er or A6. How would you rate VW's aftersales compared to Audi and BMW? Though neither of the two are the best, I've heard BWM is pretty reasonable. Audi's service, as of what I've heard, is just disguised VW (quite literally ). Also, how will you rate the visibility and ease of use in the XUV (leaving aside the clutch because I'm anyways considering automatics only) compared to Jetta and 3er/5er, taking note of the fact that the car will be primarily be driven by my parents, especially my mother? I won't be driving it much (migrating to the U.S. next fall) so driving pleasure though important, is not paramount.
Maximum 2 people on board, The XUV doesn't make sense, As i said, It depends on your needs.

Ranging from 20 -30 lakh bracket, There is not many new car's to choose from, I too had gone through all of this while purchasing the jetta, Germans would make your parents feel safe with their built quality, Consider how long are you going to keep the car, Also if your opting for a used car, Get it checked and select carefully.
Almost all cars would suffice the driving pleasure in this segment for your parents i guess.

VW/ Audi, I don't expect amazing after sales, You just have to send the car get back home and pray everything goes alright, BM on the other hand was pretty okay for me for a short time i had used their services.

Since you have narrowed down to the sedans, Consider the following things,

1. How long do you intend to keep the car
2. Monthly running
3. Nearest service centre
4. Brand image matters?
5. New/Used/Hardly used, Preference?

Consider and strike off these new cars as per your choice,
1. Superb (But skoda?)
2. Octavia ( But Skoda?)
3. Audi A3 (A Proper Audi?)
4. Jetta (Maybe?)
5. Elantra (No German built quality)
6. Cruze (Dated)

Used cars you can look for in that price bracket, (Depends on Kms run and year)
1. 3 series
2. 5 Series
3. Audi A4
4. Audi A6
5. Merc C class
6. Merc B class

Hope that helps.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks