Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2024, 01:15   #1636
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post
My F10 in NCR is now getting close to end of life :( Just done only 53k. A sad moment!
I am planning to send it to Mumbai to my sister.
Wanted to get advice from the community here :

Should I be getting it registered again in MH or it can continue to be driven with an HR number plate? Has anyone else moved their car from Delhi (NCR) to MH or any other state where the ban does not hold good?
Best to get it re-registered in MH before the car is de-registered in the home RTO. It will be a nightmare to get NOC for transfer if it is de-registered. I know DL RTOs are over-eager in doing this, not sure about HR RTOs.

Secondly, you can try to get prorated road tax refund from HR RTO after you get the MH number. This is easier said than done though, and you will have to spent a lot of time/energy to pursue this.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 12:31   #1637
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My F10 in NCR is now getting close to end of life :( Just done only 53k. A sad moment!
Man, I feel your pain! I usually don't hold onto my daily drivers beyond 10 years, but am making an exception with the 530d because it's so damn good even as it approaches the 11th-year mark. Maybe I'll retain it for another 2 years.

Quote:
Great decision! Best to keep such a good car within the family instead of selling it for peanuts. Your sis will easily get another 3 - 5 years of service from it.

As Dry Ice said, proceed with transfer formalities before the car gets de-registered. If you are so inclined, drive down to Bombay as the last hurrah! Delhi-Bombay is an epic drive.
Old 6th March 2024, 14:59   #1638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Man, I feel your pain! I usually don't hold onto my daily drivers beyond 10 years, but am making an exception with the 530d because it's so damn good even as it approaches the 11th-year mark. Maybe I'll retain it for another 2 years.
The 530d is your daily driver? Must be a massive pain to drive and park in the city thanks to the long wheelbase, but one heck of a car when it comes to performance. Test drove a 2018 G30 from Spinny just for fun and that slingshot like acceleration at launch has me hooked to own one, despite me being a motorcyclist. I may not get the ideal 3-4 year old BMW when I can afford it - another 5 years atleast - but yes will be in my garage!

Quote:
What a beautiful looking car, very well maintained, especially the cognac interiors. I second many others in stating to keep it within the family.

Off topic - are you the founder of INDmoney?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd March 2024 at 15:05. Reason: Spacing for readability
100Kmphormore is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 02:58   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Great decision! Best to keep such a good car within the family instead of selling it for peanuts. Your sis will easily get another 3 - 5 years of service from it.

As Dry Ice said, proceed with transfer formalities before the car gets de-registered. If you are so inclined, drive down to Bombay as the last hurrah! Delhi-Bombay is an epic drive.
Love the idea!!! Any Team-BHP member from Delhi (NCR) wanting to join a fun drive to Mumbai????
Old 8th March 2024, 10:07   #1640
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
The 530d is your daily driver? Must be a massive pain to drive and park in the city thanks to the long wheelbase, but one heck of a car when it comes to performance.
No man, you get used to the size in 100 km. Personally, I prefer big cars and would think nothing about driving an S-Class around in Bombay. Wherever I go, I tip 100 bucks and get premium parking. The sole restriction with the size / width are the really narrow lanes with 2-way traffic; they are best avoided.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 23:05   #1641

Quote:
Love the idea!!! Any Team-BHP member from Delhi (NCR) wanting to join a fun drive to Mumbai????
One suggestion: just wait until the Delhi Mumbai Expressway opens, it's one heck of a road, drove for the 220KM from the start till lahsot, just blew my mind, absolutely lovely drive. it'll be one incredible drive once it opens.
Old 18th April 2024, 13:23   #1642
BHPian

Quick Update and query on my BEE EMM
It has been almost 6 months since I acquired the BEE Emm. I have clocked 4500 kms till now.as per the service schedule, the car was due for service on 1st March 2024. I took quotation from BMW Service Surat for Engine Oil service ,Air Filter ,Oil filter ,AC Micro filter for which I was quoted approximately 50000 INR. I decided to get it done through a reliable service center. Got the service done at Acura Motors in Surat .this service center caters to all German vehicles. So I took the appointment and got the service done .the entire service costed.me 16000 INR which was reasonable. Genuine Mahle spare parts were used

Few days after the service on a Sunday morning I was going to move the car away from the porch I noticed the speedometer console has gone blank I restarted the car but alas. There were fine lines on the screen with Minimal back light .the car drives but without speedometer readings. Thanks to the HUD for showing speed and other details.

Now I did some research this Speedometer unit is called 6WB . It is possible to change only the LCD panel within the speedometer assembly. Rather than the entire assembly.
Would require help from GTO and other senior members on how to go about it. I am thinking of visiting Mumbai for this. A contact number of a good service technician who is specialized in speedometer and spare part source would be highly appreciated
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-20240411_123117.jpg
Old 19th April 2024, 10:07   #1643
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic_doc View Post
A contact number of a good service technician who is specialized in speedometer and spare part source would be highly appreciated
Best you reach Akshay @ Redline Autohaus. Am sure he'll be able to fix / replace it for you.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks