Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2023, 14:29   #1576
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by viva View Post
My beige valour mats stolen!
Dear BHPians,
Original valour mats of my F10, 530d, 2013 are stolen!
Where to get original / near original mats at reasonable price?
Thanking all in advance in anticipation of a quick response.
Not sure if these are what you are looking for but try boodmo?
Ishallownabmw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 08:31   #1577
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic_doc View Post
Can you share some guide or some pictures on where to connect the system. Can we connect it to the positive and negative terminals provided in the Engine Bay ?
I've connected it to the positive terminal, placed a fuse in between (be sure to place the fuse for safety) and taken earthing from somewhere. Don't remember as it's been 7 years since the install.

Have noticed that these devices typically require replacement every 3 - 4 years. They wear out due to running 24/7, and the excessive heat in the engine bay.

I have installed two Varna Suraksha devices due to the large & crowded engine bay. One on the left side, one on the right. I also use Auto Shine rat spray & have covered all the important wires in Honda's rat-repellent tape.

Don't know which solution is working, but one surely is
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 00:30   #1578

Its time to change the front suspension on my 2013 530 m sport. Whats the best way to go? I am guessing mine has the adaptive suspension since it's the m sport variant. Should I go for aftermarket parts or OEM? Thanks in advance!
Old 5th October 2023, 17:10   #1579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Buster View Post
Its time to change the front suspension on my 2013 530 m sport. Whats the best way to go? I am guessing mine has the adaptive suspension since it's the m sport variant. Should I go for aftermarket parts or OEM? Thanks in advance!
In India, only the G30 generation 530D (2017 and above) come with M-sport adaptive suspension if I remember correctly. Does yours have a button to change damper settings?
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 20:28   #1580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
In India, only the G30 generation 530D (2017 and above) come with M-sport adaptive suspension if I remember correctly. Does yours have a button to change damper settings?
Mine most likely came with standard suspension because I don't see any separate settings for dampers or drive train in any of the 4 modes. Also i think adaptive suspension and m sport suspension are 2 different suspension systems.

Right now I have the options of zf (apparently OEM) the others are myle, stokes and bogap, all german aftermarket.
Bronco Buster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 08:28   #1581
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its time to change the front suspension on my 2013 530 m sport. Whats the best way to go?
Go for OEM. I'd gotten my suspension overhauled and stuck with OEM simply because I love the comfortable ride quality.

You can either:

- Have your independent garage source it for you. This is simpler as install & sourcing are all handled by one guy.

- Or buy it yourself from reputable stores. In Bombay, Shetty Motors & Sashaa Automotive will be able to help you.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 20:42   #1582

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Go for OEM. I'd gotten my suspension overhauled and stuck with OEM simply because I love the comfortable ride quality.

You can either:

- Have your independent garage source it for you. This is simpler as install & sourcing are all handled by one guy.

- Or buy it yourself from reputable stores. In Bombay, Shetty Motors & Sashaa Automotive will be able to help you.
Thanks GTO! I am also thinking about putting the m sport suspension. It shows in the boodmo app as one of the options in the OEM parts catalogue. I am surprised to find that some Indian m sport models came with the standard suspension in India. Maybe that changed post 2013 i am not sure, but I have heard it's way superior and the car is faster and more agile when run on msport suspension. Will check if my independent mechanic can source these and will share details here.
Bronco Buster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 22:26   #1583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks GTO! I am also thinking about putting the m sport suspension. It shows in the boodmo app as one of the options in the OEM parts catalogue. I am surprised to find that some Indian m sport models came with the standard suspension in India. Maybe that changed post 2013 i am not sure, but I have heard it's way superior and the car is faster and more agile when run on msport suspension. Will check if my independent mechanic can source these and will share details here.
Run your VIN (mdecoder.com f ex) and see whether you have Adaptive Suspension. There are a large range of suspension options that have come for India spec cars until Adaptive Suspension became standard. I don't remember now when it was, but the F10 LCI onwards had it for sure.

I believe the option code is S223.

For the F10, Indian cars have come with the following different dampers:

1) Cars without rough road package had lower ride height and firmer suspension. This is roughly 2010-2011 end/2012 beginning. Rough road package became standard with the 2011 end/2012 engine upgrade to N57N.
2) N57N cars without M Sport.
3) 2012+ cars with M Sport, but no Adaptive Suspension. These are higher ride height, but firmer suspension compared to #2, but no adjustments.
and finally,
4) M Sport cars with Adaptive Suspension.

Now, if you do some digging, you'll find a large variation of dampers you can use. There are dozens of combination of parts depending on the options and geographical area. You can explore these on RealOEM. You can order any BMW part at the dealership and they'll bring it down for you, used in India or not.

The best options are (surprisingly) TEIN, Bilstein and OEM, in that order, for non adaptive cars. Of course, YMMV. I'm coming from a driving fun angle as opposed to comfort. If you have adaptive, you're simply out of luck. You're stuck with super expensive OEM dampers or super expensive aftermarket dampers.

EDIT: If you decide to go OE instead of OEM, then find the actual OE of the damper you want and get those. The savings are worth it and you're getting the same thing. Meyle and such are inferior products, German market or not.

Last edited by Axe77 : 9th October 2023 at 06:54. Reason: Minor edit.
ImmortalZ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 01:36   #1584

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
The best options are (surprisingly) TEIN, Bilstein and OEM, in that order, for non adaptive cars. Of course, YMMV. I'm coming from a driving fun angle as opposed to comfort. If you have adaptive, you're SOL. You're stuck with super expensive OEM dampers or super expensive aftermarket dampers.

EDIT: If you decide to go OE instead of OEM, then find the actual OE of the damper you want and get those. The savings are worth it and you're getting the same thing. Meyle and such are inferior products, German market or not.
My 530d msport came with standard suspension known as s225, Apparently the s225 suspension was standard on even the msport models in India and America for various reasons.

I don't mind getting an upgrade or even the OE. I definitely don't want to downgrade. I will try and find out about all the options including msport suspension which is also OE for my car. Will share details here once I have them.

Last edited by Axe77 : 9th October 2023 at 06:56. Reason: Trimmed long post quote. [SOL —> “simply out of luck”]
Old 9th October 2023, 09:47   #1585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My 530d msport came with standard suspension known as s225, Apparently the s225 suspension was standard on even the msport models in India and America for various reasons.

I don't mind getting an upgrade or even the OE. I definitely don't want to downgrade. I will try and find out about all the options including msport suspension which is also OE for my car. Will share details here once I have them.
That adds MSport model with MSport suspension delete to my list. BMW continuously massages their models, which makes things difficult to track. Thankfully VIN decoders give us full options list from the VIN.

You can go to RealOEM and figure out the parts which are meant for MSport non-adaptive suspension (S704). From my memory, dampers, springs and anti roll bars are different. I've previously seen a website which would pull up parts which make up a specific option code for a particular chassis code, but it seems to have completely disappeared. Sorry.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 9th October 2023 at 09:51.
ImmortalZ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 11:32   #1586
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Got new Yokohama Advan Sport V105 ZPS for the 530d . As always, stuck to the OEM staggered setup & size. With my remap, there is 600+ NM torque going to the tailend of the car.

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-bmw-8.jpg

My last set of tyres were getting worn out and an upgrade was mandatory for my kind of enthusiastic driving style / frequent expressway runs. The previous set of Dunlops were also suffering an absurd number of punctures (approximately 3 every year).

Moving to a fresh new set of rubber changes the driving experience. Took her out for a highway run and enjoyed the new grip levels! Front turn-in is good, while the rear end is much, much tighter. No more excessive sliding of the rear as was the case with the older rubber. The 530d anyway has a softer suspension, so I could go with a sporty tyre choice.

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-bmw-11.jpg

Back to runflats, like my original 2 sets. Frankly, the tubeless set lasted less than the runflats I used to run earlier. Added bonus = significantly reduced chances of loss of control by a tyre burst at speed.

This was the 10th birthday gift to my 530d. Such a beautiful machine, what a timeless design. Still very fast, with among the best turbo-diesel and AT combinations on the planet:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-bmw-12.jpg

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-bmw-14.jpg

Didn’t realise it until after the installation, but now, 3 of my cars wear Yokohama Tyres. Geolandar ATs on the 4x4:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-jeep-4.jpg

Sunny:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-sunny-2.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 12th October 2023 at 11:33.
GTO is offline   (63) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 19:30   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Got new Yokohama Advan Sport V105 ZPS for the 530d
Sunny:
Attachment 2516615
It's great to see the 530D wearing good quality footwear. My uncle also got the same V105s for his recently acquired 2016 530D MSport. Excellent tyres. By the way, it's been a while since Yokohama stopped the production of A Drives. Were the tyres of the Sunny purchased around 2015?
TurboKat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 11:27   #1588
GTO
Team-BHP Support

For the first time ever, I had a close look at an F10 with mudflaps. I didn't like it (prefer the clean look for cars with fat tyres), but sharing pictures here as some BHPians are keen on getting mudflaps.

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-20231016-17.01.46.jpg

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-20231016-17.01.58.jpg

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-20231016-17.02.12.jpg

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-20231016-17.02.13.jpg

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-20231016-17.02.24.jpg

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-20231016-17.02.37.jpg
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 10:50   #1589
BHPian

Damn those massive mudguards really spoil the look of the vehicle. They look terrible in my opinion and more suited to a Hilux/Tacoma for example. Sleek body coloured integrated mudguards are better.

Last edited by Dead_Pedal : 18th October 2023 at 10:51.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 20:10   #1590

Quote:

You can either:

How much did it cost for the overhaul with OEM? and did you get the OE or the OEM? my mechanic said something like 3 lakhs for the OE after consulting bavaria motors in pune. M sport suspension will cost 4.5 lakhs, again from Bavaria motors pune.

I am guessing you got yours done a while back so the figures might vary.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks