Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2023, 08:59   #1561
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
• BMW’s auto-wipers SUCK .. Several times during a light drizzle, you want the wipers, but the auto-wiper won’t kick in.
I have been facing the same issue with the Auto-Wipers not starting during a mild drizzle. On doing some YouTube research, foung that apparently the gel for the rain sensor gets opaque over time and the sensor isn't able to detect the rainfall. This becomes worse during night drives when there is no ambient light.
A DIY on how to change the sensor gel if that helps.
adi.mariner is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 11:28   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
• The rear tyres (Dunlops) have worn out and will need a replacement soon. It’s 15,000 km since I got them. Too early, but the remap (650 Nm / 300+ BHP), my heavy foot and the soft tyres themselves are to blame. Another problem with these Dunlops is the high rate of punctures! Every year, I’m getting 2 – 3 punctures which is really absurd – never got them with my other tyres or cars.
I had the same problem with the stock dunlop tires on my GLS. Repeated punctures on the rear wheels which were not happening on any other cars.

No punctures at all ever since the tires were changed with Michelins. Looks like the Dunlop tires are more sensitive to punctures.
VellVector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 13:08   #1563
BHPian

I have been using a 10 year old 530d. Picked up a used one about 4 years back. When I picked it up it had done 22000 kms. The odometer now stands at 45000 kms.
I love every bit of the car. I usually keep a car for a maximum of 2 years but this one is just irreplaceable.
The only major issue I had in all these years was the AC. It conked a few months back. Got the compressor and condenser unit changed.
I have a RaceChip installed and it feels great.
I have been using continental tyres and so far I haven't had a problem. They seem to last for about 20-25000 kms .
prithvi53 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 14:33   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
I have been facing the same issue with the Auto-Wipers not starting during a mild drizzle. On doing some YouTube research, foung that apparently the gel for the rain sensor gets opaque over time and the sensor isn't able to detect the rainfall. This becomes worse during night drives when there is no ambient light.
I found this unintentionally when I got my windshield replaced and gel was replaced along the way and the difference was really noticeable right away.
Even though I still think BMW got the wiper sensitivity all wrong on F series models, I switch back to manual too as it's either frantically fast or super slow

@GTO : Great to see the car is doing very very well, hope you keep it for few more years as there's not much in the same price point which will feel like an actual upgrade!
turbowhistle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 16:57   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
The driver's seat leather is worn, and overall, the interior has deteriorated. The switches have faded, all 3 screens in car have degraded and cracked. The dealer claims it's due to the car being parked in the sun.
The mileage may or may not have been tampered with, but I suspect that somebody with access to the car (driver, cleaning boy?) has swapped parts with another car for some quick money. I think this car was rarely in use, and the owner probably ignored it, allowing for this part pilferage, as there's simply no way the dash and interiors see so much of abuse for a car driven so little, unless it was being rented out to hundreds of people who didn't put much mileage but still abused the car badly and/or swapped out the parts. If this is the state of the visible parts, who knows what else has been swapped out? No matter what the truth is, this car is giving off some serious bad vibes.
supermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 22:16   #1566
BHPian

This is one of the best looking 5 series. Please use it to the full, I suggest keep it till it breaks. Its worth it. One may never find a piece like it in the future, it has checked all the boxes and refuses to yield when it comes to performance.
ritedhawan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 17:43   #1567
BHPian

My beige valour mats stolen!
Dear BHPians,
Original valour mats of my F10, 530d, 2013 are stolen!
Where to get original / near original mats at reasonable price?
Thanking all in advance in anticipation of a quick response.
Old 25th August 2023, 11:32   #1568
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
I have been facing the same issue with the Auto-Wipers not starting during a mild drizzle. On doing some YouTube research, foung that apparently the gel for the rain sensor gets opaque over time and the sensor isn't able to detect the rainfall.
Thanks! That's an awesome tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvi53 View Post
I love every bit of the car. I usually keep a car for a maximum of 2 years but this one is just irreplaceable.
It's a beautiful machine and I am surprised myself at how well she has aged @ 10. I am even more surprised that I'm planning to keep her for another 2 - 3 years. This is the longest I've retained any daily driver. Way longer than even my Hondas.

Quote:
I have been using continental tyres and so far I haven't had a problem. They seem to last for about 20-25000 kms .
Bingo. My Continental Runflats were good for 20000 - 22000 km. And never got a puncture or sidewall damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritedhawan View Post
This is one of the best looking 5 series. Please use it to the full, I suggest keep it till it breaks. Its worth it. One may never find a piece like it in the future, it has checked all the boxes and refuses to yield when it comes to performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
@GTO : Great to see the car is doing very very well, hope you keep it for few more years as there's not much in the same price point which will feel like an actual upgrade!
Thanks.

Price point is key here. If I sell it today, I'll get the price of a new Creta. The only way up would be a G30 530d (incremental upgrade at best, very similar in nature & character) or a W222 S-Class (massively opulent, but not as much fun to drive).

Selling it and putting in the money for a lateral upgrade just doesn't seem worth it. Especially when the car is running so wonderfully. It genuinely drives & feels like a 3 - 4 year old car. I was out last evening and took the longer way home. Still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viva View Post
My beige valour mats stolen!
How on earth did they get stolen? Am sure you can get OEM mats from any independent shop / parts resource. As good as the after-market mats are, BMW's OEM mats are really something else. Mine are now 10 years old and still not worn out.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 13:06   #1569
BHPian

Thank you, GTO.

Mats were vaccumed & left out while cleaning the car. Then, just disappeared! Original BMW mats are so good. I will have to search, even from salvaged cars.

Dear BHPians,

Any clues to get mats are welcome.

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th August 2023 at 20:56. Reason: Spacing to improve readability.
Old 28th August 2023, 19:58   #1570

Quote:
10th-Year Service Update
Your dedication and attention to detail is inspiring. If I had the space for it I would head for a 530d right away. I'm planning on getting M340i soon hopefully before IC engines are discontinued.

Maybe it's just me but I feel if these machines are respected and used in a gentle way they're not as bad as people fear. Since I have taken care of my German since day 1 I'm confident about the cars reliability (no trusting the wheel speed sensors though). I'm in the eighth year or my ownership of Audi Q3 35 TDI (detailed ownership post due soon) and till date it has been maintained by Audi thane. Since the final year (7th year) warranty is now over I plan on switching to a reliable workshop. No plans of selling it in the near future because the car holds a sentimental value. Need to keep it pristine. I've clocked around 90k kms and the car runs like a dream.

There have been several workshop visits every year most if them covered under warranty. Nothing major though. I guess it's a part of the German car experience.

Had an expensive suspension overhaul in the 7th year of its operation. With every passing day I fear the upkeep and sourcing parts will become more difficult but I plan on continuing. Is there any other place other than Redline Autohaus you'd suggest for regular maintenance and service?

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th August 2023 at 21:02. Reason: Fixing broken quote tag. Minor formatting edits.
M.Sadhwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 09:36   #1571
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Sadhwani View Post
Your dedication and attention to detail is inspiring. If I had the space for it I would head for a 530d right away. I'm planning on getting M340i soon hopefully before IC engines are discontinued.
Thanks. And you should surely get that M340i! Machines as special as it are available only sporadically in India.

Quote:
Maybe it's just me but I feel if these machines are respected and used in a gentle way they're not as bad as people fear.
Agreed. German car makers have vastly improved their overall reliability levels. Most German luxury cars now offer reliability between acceptable to good (depending on make & model).

Quote:
Had an expensive suspension overhaul in the 7th year of its operation.
Should have done it from an independent. Wouldn't have been so expensive then.

Quote:
Is there any other place other than Redline Autohaus you'd suggest for regular maintenance and service?
My preferences:

- Redline Autohaus

- Infiniti BMW (because Maverick5490 works there)

- Sunil Shanbagh @ Select Auto, Dadar

- No personal experience, but I keep hearing positive things (and the rare negative thing) about Swadi Auto (Nana Chowk), WagenWerkz (Jatin) & SK Karzone (Navi Mumbai).
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 10:43   #1572

I recently acquired a 530d m sport 2013 and the condition is great, all it needs is a bush replacement in the suspension and some cosmetic works here and there. Does anyone know of a good independent mechanic in Pune? Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 20:33   #1573
BHPian

Has anybody here installed the conversion kit of F10 to G30?

Last edited by GTO : 18th September 2023 at 08:35. Reason: Poor language & grammar. Please type your posts properly
lancer_maniac is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th September 2023, 08:37   #1574
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Has anybody here installed the conversion kit of F10 to G30?
I think the F10 (along with the E39) is one of the most beautiful, balanced & timeless 5-Series designs ever. I much prefer the F10's styling to the G30's. Why would you want to change it??
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 07:22   #1575
BHPian

Hello GTO.
I have just purchased a 2016 ending 530D Msport. Pictures and post coming up shortly.
I would like to Understand how is Rat Device working in your car?
I have a CARCAT System in my Civic that I want to install it in BMW . Can you share some guide or some pictures on where to connect the system. Can we connect it to the positive and negative terminals provided in the Engine Bay ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks