Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2022, 12:18   #1471
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
If poor roads are such a concern then I'd forgo the germans altogether and just get a pre-owned Fortuner.
I think this sounds more reasonable. Oh wait. We've got the Endeavour 3.2 for the win!
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 10:42   #1472
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Was curious if maybe an F10 520d/530d can be made more road-proof (read Innovafication) using 2 inch lift kit, 17 inch rims and stiffer suspension?
You will destroy the car and all it stands for. Get the facelift (2013+) with increased GC. You cannot imagine where all I've taken my car. It's taken rough roads like a champ. Sole damage = bent rims due to stupid 18" size.

Or you could just buy an X3 / X5 / use your Endeavour
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 20:44   #1473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Was curious if maybe an F10 520d/530d can be made more road-proof (read Innovafication) using 2 inch lift kit, 17 inch rims and stiffer suspension?
Had to have a glass of cold milk and lie down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
That's a great idea, if you're trying to ruin the car and cause yourself a ton of headaches in the future.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You will destroy the car and all it stands for.....
Thank you!
itwasntme is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 21:10   #1474
Senior - BHPian

I’m laughing. Still laughing. I was actually imagining two things and can’t stop laughing
a) the hideous look of an innovafied 5 and then
b) itwasntme running for a glass of cold milk.
jkrishnakj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 17:43   #1475
BHPian

Just an Update of my F10 BMW 530d MSport crossing 10k kms after the engine work.

I am totally happy with the work done. I have crossed 10000 km after the engine work (with so many long runs, this car is built for that). There were no major niggles after that except for my battery of the remote key fob dying.

The initial 2k km after the work was driven smoothly as per the advice and changed the engine oil too at that point. But then the rest of 8k km done was all about experiencing the outstanding torque this 6-cylinder beast churns out. The very reason I brought this car.

All credits go to the Garage for the wonderful work they did without compromising the quality, and at the same time not burning my pockets. They have highly qualified technicians who are experts in BMW in and out. They also source German parts for half of the price compared to the prices Authorized BMW Service Centre. So, if anybody needs any parts of BMWs just DM me. I will share their contact number.

Anyways I learned a very important lesson that if you are going for a used (out of warranty) Luxury car especially complex cars like the 530d's you should have the backing of a third-party garage who are experts in that particular brand of car. Otherwise, you should be prepared to go through the trauma as I did initially. But luckily for me, I came out of that hole quickly and happily after finding these guys.

These days you can spot me around the Nice road, Bangalore on weekends burning my tyres

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st August 2022 at 10:58. Reason: Punctuation error. Also, "u" --> "you"
lancer_maniac is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 09:27   #1476
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
I am totally happy with the work done. I have crossed 10000 km after the engine work (with so many long runs, this car is built for that). There were no major niggles after that except for my battery of the remote key fob dying.
Happy to hear . Enjoy the beast.

Quote:
So, if anybody needs any parts of BMWs just DM me. I will share their contact number.
A PM / DM helps one person, a public post helps thousands (if not lakhs of readers). Please share the details here. In fact, if you are super convinced about their quality, you may please start a new thread in the Team-BHP Directory.

Quote:
Anyways I learned a very important lesson that if you are going for a used (out of warranty ) Luxury car especially complex cars like the 530d
Very frankly, even with all my contacts in the car industry, I just don't have the risk appetite to buy an old luxury car.

Quote:
These days you can spot me around the Nice road, Bangalore on weekends burning my tyres
Share pics! Let us ogle at your car.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 09:42   #1477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just an Update of my F10 BMW 530d MSport crossing 10k kms after the engine work.

I am totally happy with the work done.
Super glad to hear this. My stomach did a turn when you first posted about the enormous headache you had just acquired with your hard-earned but tight budget.

Wish you many more miles of happy motoring, and do keep posting your experiences and pictures .

Quote:
A PM / DM helps one person, a public post helps thousands (if not lakhs of readers). Please share the details here.
So true! The real payback from a forum like TBHP is when people give back what they have absorbed from it. Not referring to lancer_maniac here, but so many ask queries, get them answered in a flash (with real life experiences), and then conveniently take a 'maun vrat'.
itwasntme is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 15:51   #1478
BHPian

@ GTO. I will start a new thread once I take permission from them

I am not a pro at taking quality pics. Nevertheless will share some pics as requested

Last edited by Samurai : 2nd August 2022 at 16:35.
lancer_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 11:48   #1479
BHPian

I had this strange issue with my BMW 530 D F10. After heavy rains in Delhi NCR (first week of August 2022), a lot of water had collected behind the left seat / carpet of the rear left passenger seat. There was not a single drop of water anywhere else. There was apparent leakage from anywhere. None from the sun-roof either.

I sent the car to the service centre. As it turned out : the reason for the same was a clogged drainage in the engine compartment. Though I have still not understood why would only left rear seat carpet get flooded and nothing else!

Nevertheless : happy that the issue stands solved.
ashishkashyap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 12:13   #1480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post
I sent the car to the service centre. As it turned out : the reason for the same was a clogged drainage in the engine compartment. Though I have still not understood why would only left rear seat carpet get flooded and nothing else!

It could be from the rear left door seal or the Dummy plug for Steering column on LH firewall as it gets corroded over period of time.
Maverick5490 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 09:26   #1481
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
a lot of water had collected behind the left seat / carpet of the rear left passenger seat. There was not a single drop of water anywhere else. There was apparent leakage from anywhere. None from the sun-roof either.
As Maverick5490 said, get the left-hand-drive plug checked up. It went bad in my car too. Simple cover that disintegrates with time, letting water in. Mine was fixed under extended warranty, but I believe it was quite a big job as they had to remove the carpeting, seat etc. (since the LHS cabin was completely drenched). IIRC, the warranty billing was 1.5 - 2 lakhs (God bless long extended warranties on luxury cars).
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 08:09   #1482
BANNED

Quote:
@ GTO. I will start a new thread once I take permission from them

I am not a pro at taking quality pics. Nevertheless will share some pics as requested
Hi! Please do share the details of the garage that gave your 530d a second life. Knowing such a garage, will help those considering buying a 530d/520d or an equivalent german, like me.
Old 24th August 2022, 21:54   #1483

Quote:
I had this strange issue with my BMW 530 D F10. After heavy rains in Delhi NCR (first week of August 2022), a lot of water had collected behind the left seat / carpet of the rear left passenger seat. There was not a single drop of water anywhere else. There was apparent leakage from anywhere. None from the sun-roof either.

Ashish, I am having the exact same issue. When I got my PPI done at Navnit, they said that it could be the dummy plug steering cover for Left hand drive steerings that get worn out after a few years. However, a FNG I took the car to later inspected and felt that it was not the case since there is not a drop of water anywhere in the front seats where it has to pass through to accumulate at the left rear passenger footwell. He suspected the rear door leak and opened up the door trim and said he found what could be the problem and said it is fixed. Until it rained last week, I didn’t realize that the problem persists. I have seen a bunch of YouTube videos where the problems are either with the steering cover on the RHD F10s or it is due the leakage in the door trim. But I am unable to diagnose it.

If anyone has had such an issue and have successfully resolved it, kindly advice.
Altimatum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 22:12   #1484
BHPian

Quote:
Just got to know that the gearbox remap has also given my car launch control . 0 - 100 time of <5.5 seconds claimed. Not bad for a large, fat & diesel family sedan.
Would you mind re-sharing(unable to find in this thread) name of tuner from where you got your car remapped.

Mine is out of 6 year warranty now, so planning to go for engine remap only. Understand from past posts that gearbox is not advisable as it is making gear shifts in auto to happen over 5k, which might not be good for gearbox/engine.

I am based in NCR. Have option to choose from Gttunerz, quantum, code6,ToT, etc.
I am running ToT remap on Skoda Laura for past 6 years without any issues. Only issue with ToT was that they took almost an year to re-flash the remap after software upgrade by skoda service center.
Would prefer to get 530d remapped from someone based in NCR for ease of follow-ups.
.cArMaNiA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 10:58   #1485
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimatum View Post
I have seen a bunch of YouTube videos where the problems are either with the steering cover on the RHD F10s or it is due the leakage in the door trim. But I am unable to diagnose it.
I believe my car had suffered both, the LHD cap as well as the door trim (RHS). Was fixed under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .cArMaNiA View Post
Would you mind re-sharing(unable to find in this thread) name of tuner from where you got your car remapped.
I got mine from Akshay @ Redline Autohaus.

Quote:
Would prefer to get 530d remapped from someone based in NCR for ease of follow-ups.
No clue about Delhi-NCR tuners, man.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks