Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2016, 08:51   #31
BHPian

Re: Trucking in my Atlantis! My Pre-Worshipped Toyota Fortuner 3.0L 4x4 MT

Fantastic buy and it looks great. My next swap will be something like this.. a big truck league like a Endeavour, Fortuner, Prado, pre-worshipped . All the very best and happy miles.

Swami
Old 24th May 2016, 08:56   #32
BHPian

Amazing buy! The iromnan suspension mod looks interesting. I too have a Fortuner of May, 2010 vintage which has been driven just 48000 km. It's a beast which can go on for atleast 10 times that distance, provided the govt. permits me to drive it after 10 years.
Old 24th May 2016, 09:40   #33
BHPian

You have a lovely truck and some really good pics of said truck. Congrats on the purchase and thanks for the brilliant write up! Have you driven the new Endeavor by any chance? If yes, how do you think it stacks up against the Fortuner?
Old 24th May 2016, 10:32   #34
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Ace F355 on a fantastic vehicle. Very nice report and pics as well. Your Fortuner looks awesome. Good to see that you are putting it to good use as well. All the best and wish you many more miles of happiness.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 12:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_sun View Post
Firstly congratulation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingNirvana View Post
Hello Ace,

Congratulations! You have bought a macho looking Fortuner, which is a totally drool material. Fitted with Ironman suspension, snorkel and other modifications, I can guarantee that yours is the best looking Fortuner around. I would like to see this beast full of mud after a treacherous off-road trail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Fantastic buy and it looks great. My next swap will be something like this.. a big truck league like a Endeavour, Fortuner, Prado, pre-worshipped . All the very best and happy miles. Swami
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
Amazing buy! The ironman suspension mod looks interesting. I too have a Fortuner of May, 2010 vintage which has been driven just 48000 km. It's a beast which can go on for atleast 10 times that distance, provided the govt. permits me to drive it after 10 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead16 View Post
You have a lovely truck and some really good pics of said truck. Congrats on the purchase and thanks for the brilliant write up! Have you driven the new Endeavor by any chance? If yes, how do you think it stacks up against the Fortuner?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Congratulations Ace F355 on a fantastic vehicle. Very nice report and pics as well. Your Fortuner looks awesome. Good to see that you are putting it to good use as well. All the best and wish you many more miles of happiness.
Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate the good words!

@adi_sun: Hey adi, used car buying is a matter of luck & patience IMO, there are no short-cuts. Just keep looking for that perfect car which fulfills your needs and is maintained properly by previous owner. There are plenty of cars available in market and it is easy to get tired of looking bad apples. I must have checked out more than 2 dozen vehicles in total myself. Like I said, look for the vehicle that suits you and jump on it if you feel like you are getting what you want! Good luck with your search.

@ DrivingNirvana: Monsoon are around the corner, mate! Just a few more weeks

@ Swami: Thanks a ton my friend. Looking forward to your ownership review once you finish the purchase. Lovely Thar BTW!

@D4d-maniac: Dude, what have you been doing with your Fortuner all this while? 48k kms in 6 years! Your car is a virgin in my books. lol. Take it out, go explore... that's what these SUVs are all about!

@motorhead16: I haven't driven new Endeavour long enough to give you feedback. The test-drive was too short and in Delhi NCR, honorable Supreme Court's ban = no test drives offered generally due to registration issues! About New Endy Vs current Fortuner, its not a fair comparison anyway IMO. Endeavour will triumph Fortuner in almost all departments, afterall it is a vehicle, a full generation ahead. Toyota is expected to launch all-new Fortuner by end of 2016 in India and that is the car which would be competing with new Endeavour. And it would be an interesting comparison for sure, going by all international reviews etc.

@BlackPearl, Thanks buddy! I too look forward to a lot of chronicles in coming years with Atlantis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_sun View Post
would you be aware of the cost by any chance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cUjO View Post
Can you tell me how much the original owner spent on the ironman setup along with the snorkel? Also Anybody in India who do this kind of tasteful work in India on T-Forts? This is an excellent sample of making an already good SUV great.
I am not sure of exact pricing, however I can give you ballpark figures of major stuff.

Ironman Suspension with Liftkit ~ 90k
Front Bullbar ~ 70k
12000 lbs Winch ~ 40k
Ironman 4x4 Snorkel ~ 35k

Additional pocket change for installation I guess. Again, This is my guess on prices and you can confirm the actual prices from Ironman official representative, located in Bangalore.

Contact Person: Zac Maratt +91-9611291919 (zacmaratt@gmail.com).

Note: I haven't dealt with him personally so far.

About installation, I will have to ask rhandle who did it for him. I faintly rememeber it was JD from Northern Motorsports but I will have to re-confirm.
Ace F355 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 12:47   #36
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations, so you finally bit the bullet. That is one mean looking fortuner. I remember seeing it parked in Noida and have also seen it without the lift etc., rhandle takes care of his cars(including the Gurkha) and its not surprise that this one is in a stellar condition. When you came to Noida that day, I had no idea you were talking about rhandle's fortuner. Otherwise I would have told you to buy it right away without worrying about high mileage etc.,

That said, you should also get the metal bumper for rear. The custom bumper will improve the departure angle and make the vehicle look more balanced.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 14:17   #37
BHPian

Congratulations Ace on a fantastic purchase.

A black fortuner is a rare sight and a well maintained one to boot. Super buy. And wishing you a safe few hundred thousand kilometres on this beast of yours.
Old 24th May 2016, 16:35   #38
BHPian

Congratulations Ace! The thread has been well put together.

A Toyota can never go bad if given proper treatment. Utilizing it to the maximum is an onus that rhandle seems to have passed on and you already seem to have started living on it.

Wishing you many miles with this "Never Say Die" machine.
MacBa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 17:19   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Congratulations, so you finally bit the bullet. That is one mean looking fortuner. I remember seeing it parked in Noida and have also seen it without the lift etc., rhandle takes care of his cars(including the Gurkha) and its not surprise that this one is in a stellar condition. When you came to Noida that day, I had no idea you were talking about rhandle's fortuner. Otherwise I would have told you to buy it right away without worrying about high mileage etc.,

That said, you should also get the metal bumper for rear. The custom bumper will improve the departure angle and make the vehicle look more balanced.
Thanks a lot for the wishes, tsk. Well, I do know that your suggestion on Grand Vitara wouldn't have been bad either. Its just that I was already smitten by this one! Will look onto available options on metal rear bumper, however so far I haven't been into a situation where departure angle can be an issue, due to suspension liftkit. rhandle says stock bumper has been suffice for him all this while. If the situation rises someday, first I'd do away with spare tire's current position. Underbody mounted tire makes a significant reduction in departure angle IMO! Check these posts here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post

Climbing the river bund seemed easy as the angles of approach and departure was reasonable. This needed crawls speed approach so was done in 4L as 4H did not offer enough torque.

Attachment 204321
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Look at that spare wheel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Congratulations Ace on a fantastic purchase.

A black fortuner is a rare sight and a well maintained one to boot. Super buy. And wishing you a safe few hundred thousand kilometres on this beast of yours.
Thanks Baddychat! For latest facelifts, I see a lot of black Fortuners since Toyota marketing people now a days are able to sell that big-bad-mafia looks of an All-Black Fortuner (supplemented by current dark grey rims). That being said, in North India the car color choice craze is white and Black Fortuners are rare to spot indeed.

IMO nothing can beat the looks of a clean & shining black car, period!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBa View Post
Congratulations Ace! The thread has been well put together.

A Toyota can never go bad if given proper treatment. Utilizing it to the maximum is an onus that rhandle seems to have passed on and you already seem to have started living on it.

Wishing you many miles with this "Never Say Die" machine.
Thanks a ton MacBa!
Old 24th May 2016, 18:30   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Thanks a lot for the wishes, tsk. Well, I do know that your suggestion on Grand Vitara wouldn't have been bad either. Its just that I was already smitten by this one! Will look onto available options on metal rear bumper, however so far I haven't been into a situation where departure angle can be an issue, due to suspension liftkit. rhandle says stock bumper has been suffice for him all this while. If the situation rises someday, first I'd do away with spare tire's current position. Underbody mounted tire makes a significant reduction in departure angle IMO! Check these posts here!
Do you mean something like these ?My Pre-Worshipped Toyota Fortuner 3.0L 4x4 MT - 225,000 km crunched. EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464094686.112201.jpg

My Pre-Worshipped Toyota Fortuner 3.0L 4x4 MT - 225,000 km crunched. EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464094718.378415.jpg
I think I had seen something of this sort being made in Delhi by Metalsmith didn't see the end result though.
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 10:04   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Do you mean something like these ?Attachment 1510225

Attachment 1510226
I think I had seen something of this sort being made in Delhi by Metalsmith didn't see the end result though.
What I had meant was to add a roof rack and move spare wheel there temporarily while on expedition. However, I did look upon rear wheel mounting mod in April, but I am not sure about the final end-result with our local fabricators. Fellow BHPian Anupjit Sekhon handed me a contact of someone who could do it for me in Delhi (this fabricator works on Anup's Gypsy, roll-cages and stuff), however I still remained skeptical on final outcome since I want one single permanent solution, not a rattle maker for life!

Had asked LYNX 4x4 Accessories about their bumper+wheel carrier (the one you have posted on Beige Fortuner), they came up with a quotation of approx. 80k + shipping from South Africa. I didn't persuade it further, however I am keeping this in my shortlist just in case I am going to do this mod.
Old 25th May 2016, 10:08   #42
BHPian

Congratulations Ace. Looks like you got one sweet deal. Added to the fact that you have peace of mind knowing that the previous owner was a mutual friend and an enthusiast. Do upgrade to the new brake booster and master cylinder. I've heard that the braking performance improves significantly. The new booster is rated at 850Nm vs your current 650 NM . Attaching a link for your reference. Check out post #74 and #75.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3338958

Happy Mile munching . Drive Safe .
One:1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 12:58   #43
BHPian

Congratulations Ace on your new Truck !

I was in the exact same situation as you last September - October and probably scouted all the possible 2nd hand Pajeros & Fortuners.
But I couldn't bring myself to spending 10+ Lakhs on a vehicle that had done over 100,000 kms.
Finally i decided to bite the bullet and went in for my long time obsession the Thar (refer attached)

Glad to see you got a Team BHP maintained & approved Fortuner. It doesnt get better than that innit !
Lets catch up sometime in Delhi to check out the vehicles and exchange notes.

Safe Journeys ahead !

cheers

Kundan
Attached Thumbnails
My Pre-Worshipped Toyota Fortuner 3.0L 4x4 MT - 225,000 km crunched. EDIT: Sold!-img_20160503_114905.jpg  

Ksingh544 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 17:57   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Ironman Suspension with Liftkit ~ 90k
Front Bullbar ~ 70k
12000 lbs Winch ~ 40k
Ironman 4x4 Snorkel ~ 35k
Okay, so for the benefit of readers, I called Zac to confirm the prices of Ironman stuff installed in my car. Below are the correct prices (inclusive of all taxes, ex Bangalore):

Ironman Suspension with Liftkit (Nitro gas filled) ~ 86k
Other options include Foam Cell & Foam Cell Pro Shocks which retails for 126k & 160k respectively.

Front Bullbar - The one I have is discontinued and there is an upgraded model called Deluxe Commercial which has built in Fog Lamps as well. Price ~93.3k

12000 lbs Winch ~ 87k
Ironman 4x4 Snorkel ~ 28k

Quote:
Originally Posted by One:1 View Post
Congratulations Ace. Looks like you got one sweet deal. Added to the fact that you have peace of mind knowing that the previous owner was a mutual friend and an enthusiast. Do upgrade to the new brake booster and master cylinder. I've heard that the braking performance improves significantly. The new booster is rated at 850Nm vs your current 650 NM . Attaching a link for your reference. Check out post #74 and #75.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3338958

Happy Mile munching . Drive Safe .
Thanks One:1 for the wishes, will check the upgraded booster during next service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
Congratulations Ace on your new Truck !

I was in the exact same situation as you last September - October and probably scouted all the possible 2nd hand Pajeros & Fortuners.
But I couldn't bring myself to spending 10+ Lakhs on a vehicle that had done over 100,000 kms.
Finally i decided to bite the bullet and went in for my long time obsession the Thar (refer attached)

Glad to see you got a Team BHP maintained & approved Fortuner. It doesnt get better than that innit !
Lets catch up sometime in Delhi to check out the vehicles and exchange notes.

Safe Journeys ahead !

cheers

Kundan
Thanks Kundan, there is no "TBHP maintenance & approval" policy in place here! I don't know what you are talking about.

just kidding, yes I am happy to buy this car for sure. We, the local BHPians keep meeting often in Gurgaon and there is a running thread for the same. Search for it. We will post there when we are meeting next and you can join in. Will be fun to check out your Thar as well.

On that note, I was just talking to rhandle and he shared a couple of old pics of this car when it was in his possession. I want him to share the pics himself, however he said he is having some internet issues and asked me to go ahead & post the pics here for our visual pleasure. Find them below...

My Pre-Worshipped Toyota Fortuner 3.0L 4x4 MT - 225,000 km crunched. EDIT: Sold!-img_1331.jpg

My Pre-Worshipped Toyota Fortuner 3.0L 4x4 MT - 225,000 km crunched. EDIT: Sold!-img_1333.jpg

My Pre-Worshipped Toyota Fortuner 3.0L 4x4 MT - 225,000 km crunched. EDIT: Sold!-img_1329.jpg

My Pre-Worshipped Toyota Fortuner 3.0L 4x4 MT - 225,000 km crunched. EDIT: Sold!-img_1330.jpg

My Pre-Worshipped Toyota Fortuner 3.0L 4x4 MT - 225,000 km crunched. EDIT: Sold!-img_1332.jpg
Ace F355 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 20:40   #45
BHPian

Ace the Atlantis is a beaut! Amazing product at a great price, and with looks to die for. Have been drooling over the images in the thread.

Had talked to Zac about Ironman suspension/nudge guard/canopy etc for D-Max. The prices are steep but apparently there's been a lot of preorders for mods on the Vcross already. Am giving a serious thought to buying it, but there would be an inevitable backlash from the folks at home. Anyway, sorry for derailing your thread

Wish you many happy adventures ahead
digitalnirvana is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed