Team-BHP - Tata Safari Dicor 3.0L VX 4x4 - Leh'd, 105k kms up & Auf Wiedersehen!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Safari Dicor 3.0L VX 4x4 - Leh'd, 105k kms up & Auf Wiedersehen! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/18313-tata-safari-dicor-3-0l-vx-4x4-lehd-105k-kms-up-auf-wiedersehen-17.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elito11 (Post 1084821)
P.S. - Do make sure you get your beast in good shape before your snow trip! :)

Thanks mate! Its in good shape at the moment except for the rear shockers that need to be changed & the tyres (which I plan to change at 50k or thereabouts). Will get these done before I hit Narkhanda.

Good to know that Truck is back on track !!

Moral of the story: Spend some pennies to save thousands of pennies.

Whoa! Dont know how this thread slipped by me. So, how much did you end up paying, Suman? Or was it all part of the EW?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 1084723)
Goosebumps or cold sweat:D?

But I do agree with you - why the Himalayas, could have been a problem if it happened even on the highway, away from one's comfort zone.

"disconnected the Air cleaner element, isolated the Turbo (made it NA), cranked again & it started up. Signs weren't good - the air cleaner element hose had engine oil in it & he pointed out fresh oil on the top of the Turbo."

Cant one drive it in NA mode?

50k on stock tyres? Thats great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1085931)
Cant one drive it in NA mode?

Of course one can - that's how they drove it to the workshop.

Almost 50k, two of the four are not so hot by way of tread.......:p
Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1085524)
So, how much did you end up paying, Suman? Or was it all part of the EW?

The Turbo & labour were part of the extended warranty.

The Oil change, switch, sump gasket & oil filter were set off against the taxi hire charges that I'd claimed.

So, didn't pay a penny

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashthedivx (Post 1084968)
Good to know that Truck is back on track !!

Moral of the story: Spend some pennies to save thousands of pennies.

Absolutely!

Good to know it's back Suman but sad to hear such a major part failed. Running top-notch now I hope?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 1087314)
Good to know it's back Suman but sad to hear such a major part failed. Running top-notch now I hope?

I know - I was quite pissed; its back up & running like before but it was a surprise when it happened. Especially since it happened with no prior warning or tell-tale signs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1085931)
"

What is so great about it ? I thought most of the tyres are good for atleast 75K. Am I wrong here or does Safari has some problem ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by power ranger (Post 1090544)
...I thought most of the tyres are good for atleast 75K. Am I wrong here or does Safari has some problem ?

75k for a tyre! :Shockked:

Which brand are you talking about PowerRanger and is this based on your personal experience?

And average of 40k is what I have come across.

The OEM Bridgestone Duelers H/T on the Safari last a long time. At 46K, except for one where I had uneven wear (broken tie rod bush), the others are looking brand new.

The same tyres on hvkumar's Scorpio also lasted 75K km.

Well, two of mine are chewed up because of non-timely alignment around the 30k mark - they are now on the rear wheels. The other two (now on the front) are fine & will probably go well beyond 50k. But I may not take a chance if I go up to Narkhanda (as in chances of heavily snowed-out stretches) in Jan - lets see how they look like at that point in time.

I have personally seen 2 Safaris with Stock Tyres at 78K for one and 79K for other.

Though both of them had 1 or 2 tyres more worn out than the other but still good for another 2-3K run.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrag (Post 1090606)
...The same tyres on hvkumar's Scorpio also lasted 75K km.

Yup; recollect HVK mentioning some time back about this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajismine (Post 1090673)
I have personally seen 2 Safaris with Stock Tyres at 78K for one and 79K for other...

So, is it because of the type quality or quality driving?

Anyway, going OT here; better thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...lasted-10.html :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 1090594)
75k for a tyre! :Shockked:

Which brand are you talking about PowerRanger and is this based on your personal experience?

And average of 40k is what I have come across.

The MRF Zigmas on my M 800 have lasted for 70000 KMS.
The Goodyear tubeless on my Safari looks brand new after 30000 kms, until something seriously goes wrong in the next few months, I expect my Good Year to last atleast another 40000 which makes it around 70000

Couple of quick updates on The Beast (now completed almost 48k) -Planning a very short break at Corbett next week so will have a thorough check done this weekend.