Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2008, 16:26   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
Just in case you are refering to me then I'd like to make a small correction:

It was Feb 2008. And the total cash discount was 1.25 Lacs to be exact plus a few freebies like Toyota body cover, Toyota Sun shade, Toyota Foot mats, and under body rust treatment. Add on top of that my 65% NCB and the total on road price for the H4 comes to 11.80 Lacs OTR!
I was referring to you, but did not know whether you want that info disclosed. Looking at your deal, I feel that I am a novice at bargaining. I bought onroad at 12.09 (with no claim of NCB). However, I did not get sunshade, footmats, and rust; which cost around 3-4K.
Old 2nd April 2008, 17:17   #107
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
I was referring to you, but did not know whether you want that info disclosed. Looking at your deal, I feel that I am a novice at bargaining. I bought onroad at 12.09 (with no claim of NCB). However, I did not get sunshade, footmats, and rust; which cost around 3-4K.
Sorry, Thanks for thinking from my point of view. Didnt realise that. Duh! I must have been in one of those vain moments!
Old 8th April 2008, 00:07   #108
BHPian

#105 I second vikrantw1 . My first car in US was a Corolla LE AT (1999) and as far as I can remember, by pressing O/D button which means turning O/D off (Orange Light used to come on in the dash saying "O/D OFF"), the car doesn't go into 4th gear and stays in 3rd.

#103 HSV and #102 Vasudeva, thanks again for your very informative replies. We bought a getz 1.3 GLS recently and I shared the story here Fianally Bought GETZ GLS 1.3 . Basically the story we heard from the salesperson was one poor guy didn't realize he can bargain for discounts/freebies and lost close to Rs. 40000 and I don't want to end up inthe same situation. Your information will greatly help me squeeze the dealer .

Vasudeva, thanks for your FE numbers and it pretty much gave me the gist and thanks again. I own a gas guzzler now in US (Lexus RX300) and will be very happy with the numbers you quoted.
Old 8th April 2008, 17:53   #109
Senior - BHPian

What exactly is NCB ??
Old 8th April 2008, 21:51   #110
Senior - BHPian

NCB = No Claim Bonus (insurance premium reduction for the subsequent year if there is no claim on the car). You can also carry forward NCB from one car to another.
Old 14th April 2008, 15:19   #111
HSV
BHPian

FE Update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
Did a refuel today and filled 30.98 Ltrs (Normal petrol) to tank full (auto cut off). Had previously also done the tank full from the same pump at auto cut off. Have run 287 kms since previous tank full.

Thus my FE comes to 9.25 kmpl approx. Not bad. What say?

Did a FE check again. Tankful to tankful; 1st auto cut; same pump; normal petrol. Drove 468 kms with 45.15 Ltrs of petrol. That works out to 10.37 kmpl approx.

The FE seems to have increased. Not much change in the way I drive. I try to keep a light foot in general.
Old 10th September 2008, 10:37   #112
Senior - BHPian

More than 5 months since I posted on this thread. That was in April and it is now end of summer. I got my 30K service done yesterday. Cost was approx. Rs. 2,400-2500 at Galaxy, Moti Nagar. In addition, pick up and drop was Rs. 350. Shall post details tomorrow. My experience has been that in my previous (cheaper) cars, the difference pre-and post-service (smoothness, noise, etc) was considerable and that different could be felt for 2-3K post service. However, in Corolla, there is hardly any difference. That could mean either
1. MUL and GM service was excellent (likely), and Toyota's is bad (unlikely).
2. The car has aged well at 30K.
Old 20th September 2008, 01:50   #113
BHPian

Hi Guys have been away - good to hear Vasu and HSV Corolla Autos are doing good - Mine has completed nearly 7 months but barely done 3.5 K - which includes an 1100 Km trip from Chennai to Mysore - including 1 km over no road ( literally) - and it has been doing great - am a little concerned with the fuel economy - it did around 12+ on the highway but around 9 in the city - but that includes real stop and go - so can live with it
Tested its limits on the highway - with 5 occupants - smooth as silk till 100-110 - on more than that on the BLR - CHennai golden quad it felt like you had to steer it more cautiously more body roll - on flat stretches it was good - drove till about 140 kmph on some stretches ( one of the few times missed cruise control in the car)
Love its quick and effortless acceleration - so far so good
Old 4th February 2009, 09:53   #114

guys , i am planning to buy a 2005/2006 corolla AT and convert it to CNG , will it be a wise decision to convert corolla AT into CNG ?
As CNG conversion will be must , so shall i go in for a Corolla A/T or Corolla M/T ??
Old 4th February 2009, 17:06   #115
Senior - BHPian

Do check with the dealer in Delhi. Perhaps if you can, then AT or MT may not be relevant.
Old 5th February 2009, 00:02   #116

dealers are recommending A/T for CNG . they are saying it will make u feel the power loss very less as gear shifts will be automatic and once when u l get used to it , u wont even know , its a CNG driven car .

Also , is there any1 on the forum who's having a CNG on corolla ??
Old 5th February 2009, 14:11   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyanubhav View Post
dealers are recommending A/T for CNG . they are saying it will make u feel the power loss very less as gear shifts will be automatic and once when u l get used to it , u wont even know , its a CNG driven car .

am too on the same boat.

Looking for Corolla AT (if CNG can be done, then gr8), else also exploring Scorpio AT. Do keep updating your experiences...
Old 6th March 2009, 11:48   #118
Senior - BHPian

For a car that is no longer in the market, a bit irrelevant to post a 2-year report, but anyway here it goes. Its 2-year ownership with me has coincided with my membership of this extremely useful forum. May both my car and this forum outlive me (both highly likely).

1. Bought H4 in Mar 07. Have now completed 37K kms with 101 weeks driving from my home in East Delhi to dangerous and far away Gurgaon, and 3 weeks driving to near and chaotic NOIDA (more preferable anyday since daily commute is 50 km less now).
The FE chart is enclosed below:
Key points: Average FE: 10.9 KMPL, Running Cost: Rs. 4.16/kmpl. Service Cost: Rs. 11,600 (incl. brake pads replacement of Rs. 5,800 in 2/2008) or Rs. 0.3/km. Since the car is due for servicing at 38,000-39,000 km, the actual service cost should be around Rs. 0.35/km till 40K service. Total running+service-profit (from driving own car for official travel)= Rs. 155,123 or Rs. 4.14/kmpl. Running costs have dipped by more than Rs. 1/km because of fuel price cuts.
3. Max FE: 13.22 kmpl (week ended 30-3-08), lowest FE: 9.14 kmpl (week ended 19-08-07, when Gurgaon becomes blocked because of I-Day).
4. FE has dropped by 0.5 kmpl because of lower distance to NOIDA and more city driving, but more than compensated by weekly savings of Rs. 900-1000 on fuel costs. So no complaints at all.

Finally, can Moderators change the thread title to 37,000 K/2 years.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Corolla H4 Automatic EDIT: Now at 8+ years/78,000 kms-corolla-fe.jpg  

Old 6th March 2009, 12:09   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

My Altis A/T isn't as fuel efficent for some reason. It's returning around 8.5kmpl, has done 1200kms to date. Although driving is in heavy traffic AC on 24c and gear shifts at around 3000rpm on avg.
The service chap claimed that it would return 10kmpl after 5000km mark.
Old 6th March 2009, 12:17   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyanubhav View Post

Have you checked with any CNG installer about the fact that if they have installed CNG in an automatic ??

I am running a Manual Optra on CNG and simply love the power delivery and low cost running.

Last edited by ashthedivx : 6th March 2009 at 12:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks