Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 02:37   #181
Senior - BHPian

It is basically a jugaad (an eyesore, in my opinion) done by the engineers of Mahindra and Renault for the Right Hand Drive Logans. I really don't know why only Renault had this problem and not others. I am assuming this must be cheaper! No other explanation comes to mind!

Will have to take a video to show how it works.

The second picture is of the LHD Logan.
Attached Thumbnails
Logan 1.4 1500km report EDIT: now 40,000 kms-wipers-rhd-logans.jpg  

Logan 1.4 1500km report EDIT: now 40,000 kms-wiper-lhd-logans.jpg  

Old 14th July 2010, 03:26   #182
Senior - BHPian

This is a PS job of what I wanted to do. Eyelids, black rims and a new front bumper and grille.
Attached Thumbnails
Logan 1.4 1500km report EDIT: now 40,000 kms-dscf01663.jpg  

Old 27th October 2010, 17:05   #183

My logan still smells new (bought the car in 2007), the smell of the plastic is still very prominent inside the car. This smell actually makes us feel a bit awefull after driving for some time. I usually lower the windows every few KM to get some fresh air. The smell is more when the AC is on.
Is there a way to get this away. I have tried all the air freshers, but no use.
Any suggestions?
Old 31st October 2010, 11:02   #184
BHPian

I have a Logan DLE that has done 70000 + kms (Purchased in July 2007).

My car also still smells like new. Guess its because of the smell (odour) from the plastics
Old 31st October 2010, 20:26   #185
Senior - BHPian

Never faced such a problem. Have you guys consulted with the dealer? Also, try keeping the HVAC in the fresh air mode.
Old 29th November 2010, 18:05   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzylogic View Post
My logan still smells new (bought the car in 2007), the smell of the plastic is still very prominent inside the car. This smell actually makes us feel a bit awefull after driving for some time. I usually lower the windows every few KM to get some fresh air. The smell is more when the AC is on.
Is there a way to get this away. I have tried all the air freshers, but no use.
Any suggestions?
Hi Team,

I got this set right after the last service. I complained about the same to the service center manager and he had his service engineers check this. They said that there was a thermocol cover that had broken. So they had it replaced and now i don't get that smell, which i used to get earlier. Happy Now
Old 5th February 2011, 23:39   #187
BHPian

Re: Logan 1.4 1500km report EDIT: now 40,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzylogic View Post
Hi Team,

I got this set right after the last service. I complained about the same to the service center manager and he had his service engineers check this. They said that there was a thermocol cover that had broken. So they had it replaced and now i don't get that smell, which i used to get earlier. Happy Now
Hi Fuzzylogic,
Where exactly was the broken thermacol cover?I have come across this funny smell in quite a few Logans!
Old 31st May 2011, 07:49   #188
BHPian

Re: Interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Finally got the seats done.. something I should've got done in the first place. There is a company in Lajpat Nagar by the name of Autocraft/ Cult (has an ad in ACI every month).

Got the custom art leather seat covers , a foldable arm rest for the rear seat, leather gear knob and steering cover.. all for 10.5k.

7000 for the seat covers
1500 for custom cushioning
2000 for foldable arm rest.
Gear knob and steering cover were complimentary.

I am quite satisfied with the quality of the work done, especially the arm rest. The shape of the seats have also come out well. If you've seen how the regular seats of the Logan are, you'll know. The GLE variant didn't use to come with head rests for the rear seats, so I got them made. Also, there is a two year warranty and three free services of polishing etc.

Pics:
Noticed you have power window switch on each door instead of it being on the centre console for front and behind the hand brake for the rear.

Did you get it changed ? And if possible can please post pics of the power window switch and of the driver's side !

What about the boot release and hood release ? It too is a problem !
Old 8th June 2011, 13:20   #189
Senior - BHPian

Mine is a GLE, which was without power windows. What you see in the pictures is an aftermarket fitment. Attaching a pic of the driver door.

And finally, after four years and 60 thousand kilometers, its time to upgrade and put the Logan up for sale. If someone is interested in buying the car, here is the linky - http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ra/Logan.html/

A brief review:

- Most comfortable sedan in its segment. Being spacious is an obvious plus.

- Till date, no rattles whatsoever.

- Constant 12 kpl city with ac.

- Parts have never been a problem.

- Car never broke down.

- Have not spent a single penny on any mechanicals, electricals other than the ones required to be replaced in regular servicing.

- All switches still work perfectly. No faults anywhere.

- The wiper has never been a problem in heavy rain. Its only in light rain or drizzling when you notice droplets left by the wiper.

- The cable which is connected to the ac air regulator knob, and is deep inside the dashboard, has the habit of coming off. It has happened to me at least six times in the past four years. Every single time I had to get the whole dashboard opened. Five times it was done under warranty. Once, when the warranty got over, I had to pay for it, around 2.5k. Thankfully, since then, been close to a year, its working fine.

- Mahindra after-sales is a big problem. It has never even once when I came out of the service centre satisfied. One or the other complaint remained unaddressed. I've been to two dealers (Koncept NOIDA and Bhasin Mathura Road). No major difference in the service they offer.

Attaching one pic as a tribute to my love for four years :
Attached Thumbnails
Logan 1.4 1500km report EDIT: now 40,000 kms-wall1.jpg  

Old 2nd November 2011, 08:32   #190
BHPian

Help- Logan 1.4

I purchased pre-owned Logan 1.4 petrol, done only 17 k. In city I am getting only 8km/l. I have not tested my car on highway. I know that logan dose give 10 - 12 Km/l in city but mine dose not.
I drive ligh footed and within 2 - 2.5 RPM.
Please help me in getting better millage.

uday
Old 25th May 2012, 18:08   #191
Senior - BHPian

Very nice review, I liked reading it.
Old 1st June 2012, 08:08   #192
BHPian

Re: Help- Logan 1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
I purchased pre-owned Logan 1.4 petrol, done only 17 k. In city I am getting only 8km/l. I have not tested my car on highway. I know that logan dose give 10 - 12 Km/l in city but mine dose not.
I drive ligh footed and within 2 - 2.5 RPM.
Please help me in getting better millage.

uday
I have a 1.6 GLX purchased pre-owned, with 31 kms on the odo, now at 37 kms on the odo, mine gives a constant 11 kmpl in city with 100% AC, but I live not in a very congested place and the roads are generally free, however 8 kmpl is too low, get your air filter checked also try a few different petrol pumps to see if there is a difference in mileage.
Old 21st July 2012, 14:04   #193
Senior - BHPian

My pre owned Logan gives 11+ kmpl with Ac on 100% in Bangalore and on highway I get around 16-20kmpl with AC on always. I see its great sedan but with few wrong controls / features people hate it. Otherwise its amazing!!

Regards,

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks