Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2009, 00:05   #151
Senior - BHPian

Your car looks wicked Ashutosh and its nice to know you are enjoying your Logan to the fullest. What have the service costs been like so far. Are you done with your free services? Those headlights look great btw.

Keep munching up the miles. This one looks like a workhorse. No wonder the Meru guys are lapping up the Logans for the space and comfort factor.
Old 16th January 2009, 00:23   #152
Senior - BHPian

Your logan looks amazing

those projectors look amazing
some night shots please.
I can see angel eyes as well
Old 17th January 2009, 00:30   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Your car looks wicked Ashutosh and its nice to know you are enjoying your Logan to the fullest. What have the service costs been like so far. Are you done with your free services? Those headlights look great btw.

Keep munching up the miles. This one looks like a workhorse. No wonder the Meru guys are lapping up the Logans for the space and comfort factor.
thanks dippy! service costs have been nominal till now, all of them being free services. The next one will be paid, so will update then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Your logan looks amazing

those projectors look amazing
some night shots please.
I can see angel eyes as well
thanks akshay! you can check 'my garage'. It has a few pics, clicked in the night. Please excuse for the quality, have to find time to get my digicam and click some better pics.
Old 17th March 2009, 16:11   #154
Senior - BHPian

Got some mods done.
- FFE
- Air Intake - Green Wind
- Head Porting and Polishing.

Details and pics here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1217280
Old 20th September 2009, 11:21   #155
Senior - BHPian

Interiors

Finally got the seats done.. something I should've got done in the first place. There is a company in Lajpat Nagar by the name of Autocraft/ Cult (has an ad in ACI every month).

Got the custom art leather seat covers , a foldable arm rest for the rear seat, leather gear knob and steering cover.. all for 10.5k.

7000 for the seat covers
1500 for custom cushioning
2000 for foldable arm rest.
Gear knob and steering cover were complimentary.

I am quite satisfied with the quality of the work done, especially the arm rest. The shape of the seats have also come out well. If you've seen how the regular seats of the Logan are, you'll know. The GLE variant didn't use to come with head rests for the rear seats, so I got them made. Also, there is a two year warranty and three free services of polishing etc.

Pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Logan 1.4 1500km report EDIT: now 40,000 kms-pic0045.jpg  

Logan 1.4 1500km report EDIT: now 40,000 kms-pic0047.jpg  

Logan 1.4 1500km report EDIT: now 40,000 kms-pic0051.jpg  

Logan 1.4 1500km report EDIT: now 40,000 kms-pic0053.jpg  

Logan 1.4 1500km report EDIT: now 40,000 kms-pic0059.jpg  

Old 20th September 2009, 11:48   #156
Senior - BHPian

40k report

40k and two and a half years later..
- Even after I have put 55 profile tyres, the ride is still great! Surely the suspension has taken a beating due to the low profile, but the ride is still comfortable in city. But, I'll soon change for 205/60 R 14s or 195/50 R15s.
- After numerous performance mods like cold air intake, FFE etc.. I've got the car back to the stock. FFE caused headaches and the cold air intake had a fitment problem (i would get loosen with time and fally off!).
- The interiors although look cheap, do not show and signs of rattling. Nothing has come off. All the switches still work, no malfunction whatsover.
- FE hovers around 12-13kpl in city with a/c on.

Thing I have starting to hate:
- The a/c circulation knob has a chronic problem, there is a cable which connects the knob to the actuator behind the dashboard, it gets loosen over a period of time. It must have become free (will rotate but nothing will happen) atleast 4-5 times in these two and a half years. Till the time warranty was there, it was free to rectify. But, because it takes opening of the dashboard, they charged me 1.5 k just for the labour!
- The A.S.S offlate has started to irritate me.. there was one time, when I had to stand outside in sunlight of 30 mins waiting for my service advisor to come. It really pissed me off that day. But the delivery timing and quality of the work done has been perfect, so no grudges there.
Old 20th September 2009, 20:35   #157
BHPian

Hi Ashutosh,

The overall effect is very good (I have seen the car in person). But the front seat recline's base, has not been executed properly. The base of the rear Arm-Rest has a few wrinkles as well. Have a look or have you noticed it already ??
Attached Thumbnails
Logan 1.4 1500km report EDIT: now 40,000 kms-pic0045.jpg  

Logan 1.4 1500km report EDIT: now 40,000 kms-pic0047.jpg  

Old 20th September 2009, 23:33   #158
Senior - BHPian

minor things for me!
Old 21st September 2009, 14:27   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
- After numerous performance mods like cold air intake, FFE etc.. I've got the car back to the stock. FFE caused headaches and the cold air intake had a fitment problem (i would get loosen with time and fally off!).
I thought you had just taken out the end-cans.. did you take out the headers as well ? Or did they fally off too ?

Last edited by ZBlue : 21st September 2009 at 14:29.
Old 21st September 2009, 14:39   #160
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see an update from you after a long time. Now that the free services are over, what is the cost for a regular service? Have you done a 40k service? It would great if you mentioned the work done at that service which I guess is a major one?

Kepp the updates coming.
Old 2nd April 2010, 17:41   #161
Senior - BHPian

Had gone in to the dealership (Koncept Motors, Noida) for a regular service and to replace the FFE with the stock one.

Now they have been unorganised before, but today they really pissed me off!

Here is how they function when a car owner has to give his car for servicing:

- I call up the dealership one day in advance, book a slot.

- Reach the dealership on the time given (9:30 am).

- Then I have to look for the security guard who assigns a number and a service advisor. This takes time, because the security guard has a lot of cars to put numbers on. I wait for 20-30 minutes.

- Then he tells you who the service advisor is. Then you search for where that advisor is. When I find him, he tells me that he has 4-5 cars ahead of me. And it will take time.

- I stand along with other drivers outside the dealership, in the sun. Yes, drivers, because most of the Scorpios, Boleros, Logan cabs had drivers. There were only 2-3 owners other than me.

- I wait for another 30 minutes. I approach the advisor two more times and the same reply.. that he still has a few more cars to finish off.

- Then I approach the service manager, who is sitting in his airconditioned cabin, and give him my peace of mind.. how an owner comes, chases people, stands out in the sun for an hour.. just to give his car for service. How no one is there even to ask for water. How I had an Alto, a car half the Logan's price, before this. And that this never happened at any of the Maruti service centres. They are much much more organised.

- And then I storm out of the dealership, telling them that I won't be coming there again.

- I called Carnation, will go there tomorrow, hoping that they will have all the parts with them.

Man I was so regretting buying this car today! Now, I just want to sell this car, as soon as my loan is over.
Old 3rd April 2010, 01:08   #162
BHPian

I had not expected this from your thread, as you've had a pleasant experience in the past. But the same problems are faced by Tata owners due to the large scale usage of Tata's as cabs.

Anyways just out of curiosity, is there any other reason for getting rid of the car or just this one??
Old 3rd April 2010, 02:50   #163
Senior - BHPian

i love my car for its qualities. its only some times , like today, when i really regret my purchase decision! i only have the company to blame here.
Old 5th April 2010, 13:16   #164
Senior - BHPian

Carnation does service Logans, but it looked like they didn't have any knowledge of the car. Plus, they didn't have the parts. So I had to go to another Mahindra dealership. Bhasin Motors, on Mathura Road, 15-20 mins away on off-peak hours from Noida.

They were slightly better. I entered the service centre, my car was assigned a number. I was asked to sit inside. Within 10 minutes a service advisor came. I had to get the 50 k service done and had quite a few small small problems.

As I mentioned earlier, I want to switch back to the stock exhuast, I had to order one because they didn't have it in stock. It shall take 4-5 days to reach here.

The car was ready well before the promised time. And most of the problems solved.

The car had soiled seats, but were cleaned when I complained. The door pads were soiled too, but I was in a hurry, thought will clean them myself.

An update on the FFE: Earlier, I had changed the mufflers to the stock one, because I was fed up of the noise. Off late, there were quite a few leaks in the welded joints. I must have got the leaks welded at least 10 times. Even now there is some leakage somewhere. Hence, the decision to switch back to stock. Apart from the hissing noise coming from the leakage, the engine knocking has raised so much that it sounds like a 10 yr old maruti engine. The refinement is all gone! Once the stock exhaust is fitted, will get that sorted out.

Also, will post the 50k review soon.
Old 5th April 2010, 14:27   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
As I mentioned earlier, I want to switch back to the stock exhuast, I had to order one because they didn't have it in stock. It shall take 4-5 days to reach here.

An update on the FFE: Earlier, I had changed the mufflers to the stock one, because I was fed up of the noise. Off late, there were quite a few leaks in the welded joints. I must have got the leaks welded at least 10 times. Even now there is some leakage somewhere. Hence, the decision to switch back to stock. Apart from the hissing noise coming from the leakage, the engine knocking has raised so much that it sounds like a 10 yr old maruti engine. The refinement is all gone! Once the stock exhaust is fitted, will get that sorted out.

Also, will post the 50k review soon.

Why don't you buy the exhaust from Palika Bhavan instead.

There is a chap there who fabricates these in his shop itself, I had my Accents muffler replaced for around thousand bucks, 2 years ago and its still going strong.

Hyundai had asked me to shell out close to Rs: 7,000/- for the same, at their authorised Service Station.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks